Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs Wareagletigerplainsmen—-Baseball  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Hogs vs Wareagletigerplainsmen—-Baseball
« on: May 05, 2022, 09:24:04 AM »
Your #4 (?) Arkansas Razorbacks take on the Auburn Wareaglerigerplainsmen this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for a three game series that will showcase our hitting woes to the nation again. I have no idea how we are ranked #4. Baseball across the nation must be pretty bad this year. Anyway, Fridays game will be on the SEC+ network and the Watch ESPN app. Saturdays game will be televised on the SEC Network, and Sundays game will be on SEC+ and the Watch ESPN app. Auburn is right under (or maybe tied) with Tennessee as the biggest douche canoe team in the league. We need this series to remain on top of our division. Lose and we drop like a turd in the churn. As usual, GO HOGS! Let the hate for all things Auburn begin.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
Re: Hogs vs Wareagletigerplainsmen—-Baseball
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
in for auburn hate

Fever free since 3/13/20

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 09:49:49 AM »
Never forget that Auburn was Tennessee (minus the success) before Tennessee became what they are today.  Their catcher set the standard for douchebags that only the current Vols can match or surpass.  Fast forward to 14:27 for an example.

https://youtu.be/cfE9WHMeo9E?t=583

And of course let's not forget the game in the 2017 SEC tournament. 

To set the stage, in the first inning Chad Spanberger hit a solo HR.  In the third, he hit a two-run homer.  In the fourth, a grand slam.  He came up in the 5th, with the Hogs leading 10-0 in a game that was not far from being called due to the run rule, with runners at 2nd and 3rd.  The conditions were set for a potential three-run homer, which would've given Spanberger a home run cycle (solo, 2R, 3R, GS).  Auburn coach Bitch Thompson chose instead to walk the bases loaded taking away the chance for Spanberger to make history. 

In short, fuck Auburn baseball.  The real losers last weekend were decent people everywhere, when the earthquake in Knoxville which would've swallowed up both teams into the pits of Hell never materialized. 

?s=20

Offline lawtiger

• Loyal Citizen of Zamunda
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 09:59:25 AM »
Auburn coach Bitch Thompson chose instead to walk the bases loaded taking away the chance for Spanberger to make history. 

Oh...you're one of "those" baseball guys.

I'm gonna be bigger than Jesus
Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles
And bigger than breast implants

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 10:00:56 AM »

One who doesn't like to see kids deprived of a chance to set a record, in a game whose outcome is already decided, by an adult who is butt hurt that he couldn't get his team ready to play?  Guilty, I guess.

?s=20

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 01:36:10 PM »
One who doesn't like to see kids deprived of a chance to set a record, in a game whose outcome is already decided, by an adult who is butt hurt that he couldn't get his team ready to play?  Guilty, I guess.

Go play intramurals, brother!  If this were little league (not travel shit), then I'd agree with you.

However, you're suggesting that a DI coach should bend over and take the high hard one so some kid can have his day in the record books?? Fuck allllllllll the way off.  I'm pretty sure Steve Spurrier would co-sign.

The coach has his career and payday to consider.  The "kid" is a semi-pro (at this level) athlete.  Fuck them "kids."

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 01:48:28 PM »
Go play intramurals, brother!  If this were little league (not travel shit), then I'd agree with you.

However, you're suggesting that a DI coach should bend over and take the high hard one so some kid can have his day in the record books?? Fuck allllllllll the way off.  I'm pretty sure Steve Spurrier would co-sign.

The coach has his career and payday to consider.  The "kid" is a semi-pro (at this level) athlete.  Fuck them "kids."

In a game that's already decided, this attitude goes against "baseball etiquette"

But if that's how you feel about it, that's how you feel about it. But it does go both ways.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »

You would bunt in the 9th inning to try and break up a perfect game wouldn't you?

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 01:56:34 PM »

Yeah....

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Online Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 02:48:19 PM »

The coach has his career and payday to consider. 

I knew Auburn baseball was shitty, but I didn’t realize their coaches were rewarded financially if they keep their losses to less than 13 runs.

Carolina on my mind...

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 03:42:04 PM »

I'm saying the Auburn pitcher should have done his damnedest to get Spanberger out, and lived with the results.  Walking Spanberger wasn't even really a defensible strategic move.  Adding another baserunner, with another quality hitter with power coming up, isn't something you'll see most coaches try to do.  More baserunners = more runs.  It's science.  And if you think that the pitcher liked the idea of walking the guy who had just taken him and his teammates deep three times, you don't understand the competitive mindset.  Pretty much the only thing that pitcher could've done to salvage something worthwhile, be it his pride or his confidence, was to slay the dragon and find a way to get Spanberger out. 

Thompson just did what he did either out of spite, in which case fuck him, or because he has a fragile ego who couldn't stand the thought of a player "owning" him like that.  In which case, you guessed it, fuck him. 

If anything in that game was going to get Thompson fired, it wasn't going to be the difference between getting beat 13-0 or 10-0. 

Had the scenario happened when Auburn had even a remote chance of coming back, say in a 5-0 game that was destined to go another five innings,  we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

?s=20

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 04:19:57 PM »
I'm saying the Auburn pitcher should have done his damnedest to get Spanberger out, and lived with the results.  Walking Spanberger wasn't even really a defensible strategic move.  Adding another baserunner, with another quality hitter with power coming up, isn't something you'll see most coaches try to do.  More baserunners = more runs.  It's science.  And if you think that the pitcher liked the idea of walking the guy who had just taken him and his teammates deep three times, you don't understand the competitive mindset.  Pretty much the only thing that pitcher could've done to salvage something worthwhile, be it his pride or his confidence, was to slay the dragon and find a way to get Spanberger out. 

Thompson just did what he did either out of spite, in which case fuck him, or because he has a fragile ego who couldn't stand the thought of a player "owning" him like that.  In which case, you guessed it, fuck him. 

If anything in that game was going to get Thompson fired, it wasn't going to be the difference between getting beat 13-0 or 10-0. 

Had the scenario happened when Auburn had even a remote chance of coming back, say in a 5-0 game that was destined to go another five innings,  we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Stay mad.

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 04:32:44 PM »
Stay mad.

Stay a pussy like your coach.

?s=20

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 04:43:14 PM »
Stay a pussy like your coach.

Dirk, I generally really like you.  And I'm keeping my shit-talking in this thread....so....

REALLY?  If Sam Pittman rolled over and told his OL to ole the fuck outta the last play because the RB would set some record for his school....you'd be cool with that?

I've read...for nearly 20 years your opinions on coaching decisions.  You're saying that you'd be ok with the above scenario?  I'll need proof...including quotes from  DVH.

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2022, 04:54:12 PM »
Dirk, I generally really like you.  And I'm keeping my shit-talking in this thread....so....

REALLY?  If Sam Pittman rolled over and told his OL to ole the fuck outta the last play because the RB would set some record for his school....you'd be cool with that?

I've read...for nearly 20 years your opinions on coaching decisions.  You're saying that you'd be ok with the above scenario?  I'll need proof...including quotes from  DVH.
Just finishing a workout.  I blame roid rage for the harsh response.  My apologies.

That is not a comparable scenario at all.  A better example would be if Pittman decided to run the clock out starting in the 3rd quarter of a game where his team was down 56-0, and it somehow deprived a player on the other team of setting some record.  Or, if the other team's RB was about to set a record by scoring a TD on the last play of the same game, and instead of getting his defense to man up and try to stop him, Sam forfeited the game and pulled the team off the field. 

Where you seem to be hung up is this.  Thompson didn't make that move to try to win the game.  It was just the opposite.  He went full bitch mode to avoid having a guy set a record...not by getting him out, but by passing on the opportunity, basically telling his pitcher "you're not good enough to get this guy out."  A competitor would keep fighting in that scenario, and wouldn't avoid the confrontation in order to make a blowout look slightly less offensive.  And it didn't even really accomplish that goal.  Two runs scored in that inning (instead of three) after the Spanberger IBB.  Auburn shouldn't have grooved a fastball just for the sake of the record.  They should've had their pitcher give his best effort to get him out, and let the results happen.

The fact that it deprived one of our players of a rare achievement is what bothers me.  It should bother you that your coach sent that kind of message to your own team. 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 04:55:16 PM by DirkPiggler »
?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2022, 08:25:16 PM »
Just finishing a workout.  I blame roid rage for the harsh response.  My apologies.

That is not a comparable scenario at all.  A better example would be if Pittman decided to run the clock out starting in the 3rd quarter of a game where his team was down 56-0, and it somehow deprived a player on the other team of setting some record.  Or, if the other team's RB was about to set a record by scoring a TD on the last play of the same game, and instead of getting his defense to man up and try to stop him, Sam forfeited the game and pulled the team off the field. 

Where you seem to be hung up is this.  Thompson didn't make that move to try to win the game.  It was just the opposite.  He went full bitch mode to avoid having a guy set a record...not by getting him out, but by passing on the opportunity, basically telling his pitcher "you're not good enough to get this guy out."  A competitor would keep fighting in that scenario, and wouldn't avoid the confrontation in order to make a blowout look slightly less offensive.  And it didn't even really accomplish that goal.  Two runs scored in that inning (instead of three) after the Spanberger IBB.  Auburn shouldn't have grooved a fastball just for the sake of the record.  They should've had their pitcher give his best effort to get him out, and let the results happen.

The fact that it deprived one of our players of a rare achievement is what bothers me.  It should bother you that your coach sent that kind of message to your own team.
Yep.

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2022, 08:26:45 PM »
I don't need all those words to hate Bama's little brother.

Fever free since 3/13/20

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2022, 08:43:31 PM »

I wouldn’t have my OL out there against the other team’s record-setting RB.   But that’s just me. 

Maybe you guys should’ve tried that strategy against Fred Talley. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »

We'll just agree to disagree.

I'm also not a person who gets hung up on the "unwritten rules" of just about any sport.

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2022, 09:10:41 AM »
Game times Fri 6:00, Sat 3:30, Sun noon.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2022, 09:27:09 AM »
We'll just agree to disagree.

I'm also not a person who gets hung up on the "unwritten rules" of just about any sport.

With the lay down and pretend you're injured signal that Auburn has, your above post does not surprise me.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »
Game times Fri 6:00, Sat 3:30, Sun noon.
Forgot to put in the times but I think they show 7:00, 4:30, and 1:00 on the website.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 10:15:53 AM »
With the lay down and pretend you're injured signal that Auburn has, your above post does not surprise me.

Nah, that pisses me off. 

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 11:32:20 AM »
Forgot to put in the times but I think they show 7:00, 4:30, and 1:00 on the website.
Same for ESPN.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 11:38:06 AM »
Curious what the lineup will look like tonight.

Wonder if Stovall cracks back in or if he continues sitting. Figure he’s probably out again since he didn’t play against Mizzou Lite on Tuesday. Ditto for Gregory.

Goes without saying but Moore has to break out of this shitfunk of a slump he’s in at the plate. He had some good barreled up balls against Ole Miss that just unfortunately went right into gloves.