Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2022 High School Baseball, Softball, and Soccer State Championships  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
Disclaimer:  This thread does not mention Razorback softball, so it's NOT meant for Rick B. 

As another school year winds down, it's time for the spring sports state championship games this week. 

The AAA made things easy on everybody and put all of the championship games for every sport at Benton. 

Since my son is now a high school soccer player (2 goals in his freshman season this year), I wish they'd televise the soccer games.  That said, I recognize that baseball and softball are at a much higher popularity level in these parts. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:36:15 AM by Law_Hawg »
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
Disclaimer:  This thread does not mention Razorback softball, so it's NOT meant for Rick B. 

As another school year winds down, it's time for the spring sports state championship games this week. 

The AAA made things easy on everybody and put all of the championship games for every sport at Benton. 

Since my son is now a high school soccer player (2 goals in his freshman season this year), I wish they'd televise the soccer games.  That said, I recognize that baseball and softball are at a much higher popularity level in these parts. 

How are the De Queen boys not in the soccer finals? I thought that was a given every year.

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
How are the De Queen boys not in the soccer finals? I thought that was a given every year.

They went 19-4 this year, but loss number four was 1-0 to Farmington in the state semifinals. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs

They went 19-4 this year, but loss number four was 1-0 to Farmington in the state semifinals.

Guess a lot of their good players got deported decided to go home.

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
I see the AAA has rewarded the big Conway-Bentonville State Championship game with the prestigious 4:00 pm Thursday slot.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
I see the AAA has rewarded the big Conway-Bentonville State Championship game with the prestigious 4:00 pm Thursday slot.

There's no place you'd rather be than in Benton at 4:00 on a Thursday afternoon.

Offline HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
Shout out to my brother in law’s team that lost in the 2A baseball semifinals. He’s a hell of a coach.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
I loved the tradition of the game at Baum. Benton just doesn't have the same allure.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline RedRiverHog

• Tush Hog
  • Fuck Texas
I loved the tradition of the game at Baum. Benton just doesn't have the same allure.

Exactly!
Pussies the lot of them.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Shout out to my brother in law’s team that lost in the 2A baseball semifinals. He’s a hell of a coach.
:thumbup: :beer:

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
Re: 2022 High School Baseball, Softball, and Soccer State Championships
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 09:53:01 PM »
:thumbup: :beer:

You would love him. He’s old school and doing really well. Some bigger school needs to give him a shot. I asked him last fall what they looked like this year (after a postseason run last year) and he said he didn’t have pitching. He either played that down or coached em up. Either way, helluva coach that I would want to coach my kid.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 06:44:11 AM »

How's Pigsknuckle doing this year?

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 07:19:27 AM »
I really wish they’d go to a best of 3 series for the baseball championship.

Carolina on my mind...

Offline PorkRyan

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:12 AM »
For all of the hate PA gets, hasn't Harding won everything in every sport the last few years?

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 11:43:48 AM »
For all of the hate PA gets, hasn't Harding won everything in every sport the last few years?

Yes, they’re quietly hiding behind the PA blasting and counting all their state titles.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 11:46:46 AM »

Harding Academy's opponents in the soccer state championship games have been determined.  Their boys will play LISA Academy West, while their girls will play Episcopal.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:54:30 AM by Law_Hawg »

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 05:31:53 PM »

Harding is the PA of 3A. They garner much disdain from the rural schools.

If they were in a larger class or in the metro area, you would hear more complaining.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Tush Hog
  • Our man in Inglewood.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 04:14:48 PM »
Harding is the PA of 3A. They garner much disdain from the rural schools.

If they were in a larger class or in the metro area, you would hear more complaining.

Harding will be 4A in football this year.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2022, 02:22:03 PM »
Conway wins the 6A with a 10-7 win over Bentonville.  Conway starting pitcher gets pulled early, moves to center for a couple of innings, then returns to the mound for the last 3 or 4 innings to close it out.  They’ve done that a few times this year.

A church and softball buddy has a 10th grader on the team that finally got a start with a week or so left in the regular season. Hit a homer that game.  Hasn’t been out of the lineup since. Had a three run homer against Bentonville plus another RBI later.  So good for him.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Hardpork

• Tush Hog
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 07:52:05 PM »
Who's the idiot that designed these Benton ball fields?

The dugouts are so big and gaudy that no one sitting down the baselines can see into the outfield.

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »
Conway wins the 6A with a 10-7 win over Bentonville.  Conway starting pitcher gets pulled early, moves to center for a couple of innings, then returns to the mound for the last 3 or 4 innings to close it out.  They’ve done that a few times this year.

A church and softball buddy has a 10th grader on the team that finally got a start with a week or so left in the regular season. Hit a homer that game.  Hasn’t been out of the lineup since. Had a three run homer against Bentonville plus another RBI later.  So good for him.

Was Rainey the pitcher?  He's headed to UA-Mena to play ball next year.

?s=20

Offline HughJasole

• Checking out your girl's baseline shift
  • Tush Hog
  • Activating glutes daily
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022, 10:31:08 PM »
Yeah the Benton experiment needs to end.

Watched a few broadcasts of the games and it doesn't look like what the state title games should be.

Baum/Bogle/Razorback Field are where it should be every year.

I know softball would've had a conflict this weekend but they could've moved it to one of the big school's facilities up here.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2022, 10:34:10 PM »
Yeah the Benton experiment needs to end.

Watched a few broadcasts of the games and it doesn't look like what the state title games should be.

Baum/Bogle/Razorback Field are where it should be every year.

I know softball would've had a conflict this weekend but they could've moved it to one of the big school's facilities up here.

my understanding is the schools have to bid to host and Fayetteville doesn't want to be the host anymore.

I know Rogers Schools would love to host it.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2022, 11:24:34 PM »
Was Rainey the pitcher?  He's headed to UA-Mena to play ball next year.

Yes, Austin Raney, MVP.

In other news, Conway boys defeat Northside 3-1 to win 6A soccer.

Alma Mater Hail.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2022, 06:53:25 AM »
Yes, Austin Raney, MVP.

In other news, Conway boys defeat Northside 3-1 to win 6A soccer.

Alma Mater Hail.

Wow.  We never used to win state championships.   

Hail!

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman