Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Fisher v. Saban  (Read 1839 times)

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
Re: Fisher v. Saban
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 01:50:33 PM »
Can we get this merged?

yeah, probably should be its own thread-- this may take up some slow days in the summer. 

Meanwhile, there is this:

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1527280252296101890?s=20&t=uwsQ97SymLaFdQ98_2OHCA

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2022, 02:14:19 PM »
Between last year's game and this, Jimbo should prepare his anus when they meet.

Saban may indeed be a human piece of shit, but he's a human piece of shit who's the best college football coach who ever lived, who will kick your ass most of the time and 100% of the time when given the incentive.

Offline lawtiger

• Loyal Citizen of Zamunda
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »

Saban may indeed be a human piece of shit, but he's a human piece of shit who's the best college football coach who ever lived, who will kick your ass most of the time and 100% of the time when given the incentive.

He's not, though.

Given a level playing field (or the lack of ability to cheat with impunity), he's pretty mediocre.  See: MSU, Miami Dolphins.

When he can stockpile superior talent with no regard to the rules, he's a pretty good coach.

I'm gonna be bigger than Jesus
Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles
And bigger than breast implants

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2022, 02:34:15 PM »
So Jimbo basically said that he knows Saban cheats because they were cheating when he worked for him right?  That’s the long and the short of it right?  Jimbo admitted to being a cheater.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2022, 02:34:27 PM »
Smells like Auburn fan in here.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 02:38:03 PM »
He's not, though.

Given a level playing field (or the lack of ability to cheat with impunity), he's pretty mediocre.  See: MSU, Miami Dolphins.

When he can stockpile superior talent with no regard to the rules, he's a pretty good coach.
exactly. 

Smells like Auburn fan in here.
but he's correct.  will you deny that the ncaa and in particular the sec front office doesn't look out for bama?

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 02:42:59 PM »
the best part of this whole deal was jimbos presser today. hes such a slach jawed hillbilly yokel and his atttempt at trying to sound smart with his one liners was hilarious. both of these dooshers are self rightous pricks. they can both diaf

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
exactly. 
but he's correct.  will you deny that the ncaa and in particular the sec front office doesn't look out for bama?

To me, "I think he's been cheating, therefore he's been cheating" isn't enough to overshadow his record.  Judging by his record, he's an all-time great.  It's fine if you don't agree with me, but please don't side with the Auburn guy.  Have some dignity.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »
To me, "I think he's been cheating, therefore he's been cheating" isn't enough to overshadow his record. 

There's plenty of evidence.

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2022, 03:04:44 PM »
He's not, though.

For the most part, I agree with your posts here. However, on this one  you're a bit too close to it to see objectively. I'm not saying Saban doesn't cheat, but so do most of the big time programs. Hearing the equivalent of "Boy, if we just cheated like bama, we'd have just as many 'ships." is a bit rich coming from a wartiggerplainseagleman

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
the best part of this whole deal was jimbos presser today. hes such a slach jawed hillbilly yokel and his atttempt at trying to sound smart with his one liners was hilarious. both of these dooshers are self rightous pricks. they can both diaf

And so desperately tries to sound outraged like he's the victim.

He knows what he did.

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2022, 03:06:18 PM »
yeah, probably should be its own thread-- this may take up some slow days in the summer. 

Meanwhile, there is this:

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1527280252296101890?s=20&t=uwsQ97SymLaFdQ98_2OHCA

Can't buff that out

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 03:09:02 PM »
For the most part, I agree with your posts here. However, on this one  you're a bit too close to it to see objectively. I'm not saying Saban doesn't cheat, but so do most of the big time programs. Hearing the equivalent of "Boy, if we just cheated like bama, we'd have just as many 'ships." is a bit rich coming from a wartiggerplainseagleman

exactly

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline lawtiger

• King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 03:28:23 PM »
Hearing the equivalent of "Boy, if we just cheated like bama, we'd have just as many 'ships." is a bit rich coming from a wartiggerplainseagleman

Uh.  That's not even remotely what I said at all.

Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
  • 3rd MI BN
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2022, 03:39:33 PM »
Hell yeah! This is good stuff. Come on in OU and Texas, the water is fine.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
There's plenty of evidence.
Albert Means comes to mind…

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

• Tush Hog
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »

Offline bogeyfree

• Wild Hog
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2022, 04:15:56 PM »

Online mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2022, 04:32:42 PM »
The most predictable response ever from Prime
Go Prime! I’m sure the media will be happy to run with this narrative.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

• Tush Hog
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2022, 04:34:09 PM »
Don't worry, Shannon has his back (not that there was ever any doubt)
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1527294530919141376?s=20&t=bOzaNzF3K8zIDNQ25TSOJQ

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2022, 04:39:14 PM »
Don't worry, Shannon has his back (not that there was ever any doubt)
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1527294530919141376?s=20&t=bOzaNzF3K8zIDNQ25TSOJQ
he really needs to practice NIL because he can’t say it lol

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline uagrad2007

• Tush Hog
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2022, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2022, 04:41:23 PM »
And this from Prime making it a race thing:

https://twitter.com/DeionSanders/status/1527139009696251904?s=20&t=lWZYGkmXpN6bgv9cd-FuWQ

Taking the time to make a long tweet saying "I will address it," instead of just making a long tweet directly addressing it in the first place, sounds to me a lot like "I need time to get my story straight."

• Tush Hog
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »
Greg "Wet Blanket" Sankey comes over to pull the kids apart before anything gets broken.
https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1527390571941199873?s=20&t=0v_5O4FogTWJ0TBp5lCMJQ

Let em go at it. Something's gotta get us through till Fall camp.