Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SEC Baseball Tournament a.k.a. Monsoon Season a.k.a. Annual Bath Day in Alabama  (Read 5298 times)

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Top 8th.

Pinckney grounds out to Battles.  1 out.

Williamson strikes out swinging.  Sit down, bitch.  2 outs.

Tamez the transfer from Arkansas walks.  Runner on 1st, 2 outs.

Denton grounds out to Battles. 3 outs.

Mid 8th.  4-3.  Six outs left. 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:06:40 PM by DirkPiggler »
?s=20

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Don’t know if is true, but heard today that our hitting coach, Thompson, is on the short list for another job, maybe Kansas.  Let’s just say I wouldn’t be heartbroken.

Would love to see it honestly.  Offer Elander from Tennessee (former 1st base coach/grad asst) a shit ton of money to take his place here.

?s=20

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Bottom 8th.

Lanzilli grounds out to SS.  Fell down out of the box, although it wouldn't have mattered. 1 out.

Turner, who still owes us two runs by my count for his prior defensive dipshittery, strikes out looking.  2 outs.

Moore flies out to CF.  3 outs. 

Once again the dogshit lefty kicks our ass. 

End 8th.  Wants to keep playing 4 Wants to go home 3.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:13:58 PM by DirkPiggler »
?s=20

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Good time for Turner to hit his slump. Even though it has been quite a few games ago.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
I’m losing my optimism

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Who do we get to lose to after this game? If they don’t make it single elimination.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Oh look, were shitting all over ourselves against a lefty pitcher.

Feels like I’ve seen this movie before.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Top 9th.

EDITOR'S NOTE:  Tonight's later games have been postponed until tomorrow.  Expect an announcement soon that the remainder of the tournament will be single elimination.  The single elimination will probably begin after the current round, which means we will still have to play one more game. 

Shaw strikes out swinging.  Sit down, babe.  1 out.

Seidl strikes out looking. Sit down, bitch.  2 outs.

Eblin grounds out to Moore.  3 outs.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:19:51 PM by DirkPiggler »
?s=20

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Bottom 9th.  Last call for alkyhall. 

Webb strikes out looking at a pitch at his eyeballs.  1 out.

Diggs, pinch hitting for Stovall, grounds out to 2nd. 2 outs.

Battles singles to LF.  Runner on 1st, 2 outs.

PITCHING CHANGE (Thank GOD).  Right hander Dylan Ray coming in to replace this shittastic lefty and his 81 mph fastball that we can't fucking hit. 

Leach pinch hitting for Gregory...at least he was announced prior to the pitching change.  Looks like Bohrofen will pinch hit for Leach, who was pinch hitting for Gregory.

Jbuprofen strikes out swinging.  We suck.

Final:  4-3 Gumps. 

Please Greg Sankey...make this tournament single elimination so this team can go home and make travel plans for its two games next weekend.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 07:31:20 PM by DirkPiggler »
?s=20

Offline razor5396

• Tush Hog
Really knocked the crap out of that one.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Quick note — we’ve now lost 7 of our last 11, including 5 of our last 7.

Not exactly getting hot at the right time.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
Hell of a way to go out. 

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Pitiful

<--- I'm with him

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Why does it always have to be these gap toothed MFers we lose to. In every sport. I am about to lose interest in our Baseball team. We have shit the bed. We were told we had power and pitching. We were lied to.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Is that a gay guy they are interviewing after the game? NTTAWWT.

Offline razor5396

• Tush Hog
Why does it always have to be these gap toothed MFers we lose to. In every sport. I am about to lose interest in our Baseball team. We have shit the bed. We were told we had power and pitching. We were lied to.

Did our women's softball team at least beat Alabama? Because our men's teams seemed to be scared shitless.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Ready for this season to be over. 

Looking at the team's record this is going to sound ridiculous, but I haven't been this frustrated with a Razorback sports team since Chad Morris was on the sidelines. 

?s=20

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Can we just bow out and let the chips fall where they may? Probably doesn’t matter. We will be 2 and out no matter where we land.

Online USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
Did our women's softball team at least beat Alabama? Because our men's teams seemed to be scared shitless.

Didn't play this year

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!

Looking at the team's record this is going to sound ridiculous, but I haven't been this frustrated with a Razorback sports team since Chad Morris was on the sidelines.

Agree, pretty damn frustrating. We returned a lot of production from last year and regressed. We keep hearing that we haven't clicked yet but this team just doesn't have it. 

Next year we're gonna be really young.

<--- I'm with him

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig

only have to go back 3 years - the joys of Razorback fandom!

Hopefully we will have a big turnover and just start over next year.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Agree, pretty damn frustrating. We returned a lot of production from last year and regressed. We keep hearing that we haven't clicked yet but this team just doesn't have it. 

Next year we're gonna be really young.
I’m ready to see several of these guys get gone.

Moore has regressed tremendously and swings for the fences yet somehow grounds into the shift, Slavens is still a midweek all star who can’t stop swinging at pitches in the dirt and a foot off the plate, umpires watch fewer pitches down the middle than Gregory does, and Turner looks like a 9U player behind the dish between passed balls, missed tags, and bad throws.

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
Moore actually got quite a bit better this year for awhile from the right side.   Not that it was a high bar. 

But he didn’t sustain it from either side late in the season.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
Hard to complain about Turner’s decision after watching the Phillies stink it up on a steal yesterday.

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
I'm curious about runs scored by homeruns as a percentage of total runs this year and how it compares to prior years and other teams.  Is there a stat website out there somewhere that would have that data?