Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SEC Baseball Tournament a.k.a. Monsoon Season a.k.a. Annual Bath Day in Alabama  (Read 5303 times)

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
I'm curious about runs scored by homeruns as a percentage of total runs this year and how it compares to prior years and other teams.  Is there a stat website out there somewhere that would have that data?

Lucky for you I calculated all that for another board recently. 

2021:

SEC games only (including tournament):

72 runs by HR
221 total runs scored
32.5% of runs scored by HR

2022:

72 runs by HR
166 total runs scored
43.4% of runs scored by HR.

?s=20

Offline PorkRyan

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
Ready for this season to be over. 

Looking at the team's record this is going to sound ridiculous, but I haven't been this frustrated with a Razorback sports team since Chad Morris was on the sidelines.

The record is inflated from the weak schedule.  The tone of this season was set when we lost on opening day to what has turned out to be a terrible Illinois St team.  We are lucky the schedule was soft or this could have been a bubble team.  Replace Missouri with Tennessee in conference and we might be sweating right now. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
Barring a miracle this year is a disappointment and that falls to the coaches in large part.  Not sure what happened this year, but this team just couldn’t keep focus and made more mental mistakes than I remember for a while

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Tush Hog
  • Next one's coming faster.
I think we missed Opitz' leadership as much as his glove and pitch calls.  This team doesn't have the heart and grit we are used to seeing.

The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy is awesome.  I mean he shoots Theo Tonin;  fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion;  pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flyin' it;  parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country;  then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement - not once but two times;  he spends a couple days ridin' around with you - while you're lookin' for him;  and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age.  That's some badass shit.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Most of our base runners are either from walks, HBP, or the seldom HR. Not many singles or doubles. It looks like all our hitters go up there either swinging for the fence or hoping to draw a walk. Both usually end in a SO.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Of all games played, they are re showing ours right now on SECN.  :suicide:

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
Lucky for you I calculated all that for another board recently. 

2021:

SEC games only (including tournament):

72 runs by HR
221 total runs scored
32.5% of runs scored by HR

2022:

72 runs by HR
166 total runs scored
43.4% of runs scored by HR.

wow - that is a dramatic drop in runs scored

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
wow - that is a dramatic drop in runs scored

To be fair the 2021 stats include three more games, but even if you project it out it's a drastic drop off.  6.50 rpg in 2021 vs. 5.36 this year. 

?s=20

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
To be fair the 2021 stats include three more games, but even if you project it out it's a drastic drop off.  6.50 rpg in 2021 vs. 5.36 this year.

3 games and 55 runs difference

with this team, that's a month's worth since we're talking sec games only

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
projections by D1 Baseball

https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2022-field-of-64-projections-may-26/

Austin

1) Texas (13 national)
4) McNeese St

2) Arkansas
3) Clemson

they have aTm as the 7 national, Auburn 12 ,

so frustrating.

per warrennolan.com

our rpi has dropped to 36   11-12 vs Q1

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
I can’t imagine anyone not wanting us in their regional.

Anyone who actually watches the games shouldn’t be scared of us at all and should in fact be licking their chops to play us, Texas included. We’re legitimately not good this year.

If anyone is scared of us right now it’s on historical reputation alone.

Offline CardiacHOG

• Tush Hog
Any news on DVH today?

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
Looks like we will be playing Florida at 9:30 in the morning. So, 2 and out. Baring any weather delays.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
Any news on DVH today?

Yeah, this is bizarre.   It’s either a sniffle or something really bad. 

Does he own a motorcycle?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
In normal times, I'd worry about work productivity today, but I figure this may get too frustrating to watch,

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
Word of dissatisfaction with the hitting coach must be getting around.  Matt Goodheart, the former player, set out a tweet yesterday (or maybe Wednesday) defending Thompson and claiming that he does not coach for a home run swing every pitch. 

Well, maybe he doesn’t, but if he doesn’t, they aren’t listening. Most of the time those guys either take a called third strike or come out of their cleats swinging.

Dirk, did you do a comparison of the number of strikeouts this year vs last year?

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
I'd wager our number of doubles are way down. As is our average with RISP. We leave a ton on base. 

<--- I'm with him

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Word of dissatisfaction with the hitting coach must be getting around.  Matt Goodheart, the former player, set out a tweet yesterday (or maybe Wednesday) defending Thompson and claiming that he does not coach for a home run swing every pitch. 

Well, maybe he doesn’t, but if he doesn’t, they aren’t listening. Most of the time those guys either take a called third strike or come out of their cleats swinging.

Dirk, did you do a comparison of the number of strikeouts this year vs last year?

I did not.  Was just curious as it seemed like the only time we scored runs was when we hit the ball over the fence this year. 

?s=20

Online Rocket_City_Hawg

• Tush Hog
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig

That's pretty easy with readily available stats.  Frequency of strikeouts is usually the best comparison.  It's actually improved a bit this season. 

Thompson years...

2022  AB/K   4.27   (inverse = 23% strikeout rate)
2021  AB/K   3.69   (27%)
2020  AB/K   3.87   (26%) - shortened season
2019  AB/K   3.92   (26%)
2018  AB/K   4.59   (22%)

Before Thompson...
2017  AB/K   4.74  (21%)
2016  AB/K   4.53  (22%)
2015  AB/K   5.18  (19%)

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
https://twitter.com/alyssaorange/status/1530177057723977729?s=21&t=no4lWTHYnL4V88svtjGVOQ

Sent from my iPhone | PM me for my OnlyFans!

I can't figure out which is the bigger homer - hogs+ or pig trail nation

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
I'd wager our number of doubles are way down. As is our average with RISP. We leave a ton on base.

This year, we are hitting 1.95 doubles per game.  Last year was 1.59.

Anyone can do this.    8-)

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/stats/

We are ahead of last year in pretty much every hitting category except unfortunately the one that counts most...runs. 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 08:46:07 AM by Thin Red Swine »

Offline phillesh

• A Shoat
Hogs favored again but only marginally at -130.  One could have made a few shekels playing against us in SEC play.