Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SEC Baseball Tournament a.k.a. Monsoon Season a.k.a. Annual Bath Day in Alabama  (Read 5207 times)

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
Us sucking may not be as fun as winning but it really brings out wonderfully visual comparisons from some of our best artisans with the written word.

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
Ruscin was way out of line, especially as a member of the media.

I wouldn't expect leniency if I did that. 

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
I generally think this Hog team is Charmin soft and really needs to shut the fuck up about mean fans and Twitter noise…..BUT…..Ruscin is a peacocking shitbag (and always has been) and comes off pretty bad here.

First, Ruscin has been using the “durr Hog fans are crazy” strawman nonsense for years to gin up every argument possible, so it’s certainly ironic to see him try to white knight for our fans when he’s been shitting on and laughing at them for over a decade.

Secondly, he sounds like someone who hasn’t watched baseball at all this year, since he keeps saying that Turner has “sucked this year,” when in fact he’s been arguably our best hitter.

Lastly, the “not a real Hog” bit sounds like something pulled straight from the ass of a double digit IQ Nobville poster. So only multi-year players who are Arkansas natives can speak now?

Someone needs to ask him how many years Van Horn played for the Hogs. 

?s=20

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Someone needs to ask him how many years Van Horn played for the Hogs.
Or his thoughts on how Muss is building the basketball program. 

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
For a change of pace since we have nothing sporty to do I am trying to watch some holiday commercials, to check out tennis shoes, insurance, and what Mexican beer drinkers do in their free time, but they keep cutting in with some car race.

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
This just in - the Swedish former F1 guy who won has a hot girlfriend.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
Projected as a 3 seed in the Stillwater regional.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Projected as a 3 seed in the Stillwater regional.

Going from a top 8 overall seed to a Regional 3 seed in less than 4 weeks is an epic collapse.

<--- I'm with him

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
Going from a top 8 overall seed to a Regional 3 seed in less than 4 weeks is an epic collapse.

How could you make comments like these!?  Don’t you know what you’re doing to the fragile psyches of our players with your internet statements?

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
FWIW, D1Baseball has us as the 2 seed in Stillwater. Not sure who has us a 3 seed.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
How could you make comments like these!?  Don’t you know what you’re doing to the fragile psyches of our players with your internet statements?

I mean, in a way, it's impressive.

<--- I'm with him

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
FWIW, D1Baseball has us as the 2 seed in Stillwater. Not sure who has us a 3 seed.

Baseball America

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
Per ESPN Arkansas, Derek Ruscin will be taking time away from his afternoon role on ESPN Arkansas stations.  His comments during Friday’s show concerning Michael Turner went too far and did not meet our companies’ standard for quality content….

Good.

Offline Ty Webb

• Oaklawn picks = @therailbird333
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
Per ESPN Arkansas, Derek Ruscin will be taking time away from his afternoon role on ESPN Arkansas stations.  His comments during Friday’s show concerning Michael Turner went too far and did not meet our companies’ standard for quality content….

Good.
Good on the advertisers for speaking up and speaking out.

If you’re making a list Eric Musselman should be near the top or at the top of it. - Me
January 19, 2019, 10:48:34 PM

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn

Good.
Stupid fans just don't get his super edgy takes, Arkansas fans really aren't sophisticated enough to understand how gifted this genius of radio is.

Fever free since 3/13/20

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Good on the advertisers for speaking up and speaking out.

I figure this will become the norm in the NIL era, for better or worse, as a check and balance system on dipshit local media types. Player says or does something, media guy word vomits, and the NIL sponsors back their player(s), and media guy either backs down and apologizes or "takes time away." These players now have actual businesses with customer bases and marketing presences that have their backs.

I say "for better or worse" because while the blowback against Ruscin is justified (he has a long history of being an asshat) and he went too far in his comments on Turner, I can also envision a scenario where something more benign gets blown out of proportion and NIL sponsors come with pitchforks over something that doesn't quite warrant the outcry.

Just saying I can see a future where someone says somethign benign like "Connor Noland has regressed bigtime" and Crain Team comes for them.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
2-seed in Stillwater it is.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
If an anticlimactic tournament selection announcement falls in the woods…

We play Grand Canyon in the first game.  Great.   Our batters will think they have to swing even harder to get past that.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
We also have Missouri State in our regional, who beat us in Fayetteville less than a month ago.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
We also have Missouri State in our regional, who beat us in Fayetteville less than a month ago.
And they ALWAYS give us trouble.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
Grand Canyon

Isn't that a mail order place on teevee?

Online Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
Stupid fans just don't get his super edgy takes, Arkansas fans really aren't sophisticated enough to understand how gifted this genius of radio is.

Neither was his wife.  She just divorced him and is now on Facebook talking about polyamory and how good her new man's hands feel all over her. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!

Neither was his wife.  She just divorced him and is now on Facebook talking about polyamory and how good her new man's hands feel all over her.

Somebody tell Michael Turner congrats.

<--- I'm with him

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Gee. I don't know why I'm not surprised.