Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Stillwater Regional  (Read 15318 times)

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Stillwater Regional
« on: May 30, 2022, 04:32:17 PM »
Your Arkansas Razorbacks play Grand Canyon, this Friday at 12:00 Noon on the SEC Network. There is a wide gap between us and Grand Canyon. (See what I did there?) Hopefully, our bats will wake up and our pitching will be solid. Apparently, the team may have some clubhouse issues but that remains to be seen. If we go 2 and out, it will be pretty evident. If we beat Grand Canyon, either of the next two could give us our first loss. But, that’s the way the tourney goes, as witnessed last year. I hate to say it, but I see the EOEE winning it all. But it sure would be fun to see them not make it out of their bracket. Stranger things have happened. Let the hate begin….

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:19:17 AM by One Quarter »
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline chrchoswinentology

• Tush Hog
Re: Hogs vs Grand Canyon—NCAA Tourney
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »
Can you speak on the clubhouse issues? Or is that just a feeling from watching them? 

I don’t know shit about any clubhouse problems, but it is pretty obvious these guys have not been having much fun playing ball lately.   Maybe all this fan hate they seem to be wrapped up in will pull them together. 

I am thinking about heading over Friday. 

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 07:06:56 PM »
Can you speak on the clubhouse issues? Or is that just a feeling from watching them? 

I don’t know shit about any clubhouse problems, but it is pretty obvious these guys have not been having much fun playing ball lately.   Maybe all this fan hate they seem to be wrapped up in will pull them together. 

I am thinking about heading over Friday.
It is about an interview Turner did. He apparently made some comments about Noland, and said that Twitter gets into your head sometimes. Also, called out some fans as being not good. But, all that is probably true. We seem to demand a lot from kids playing a game. Turner is not Opitz….but he is one of our best hitters and is serviceable. Then some radio jock called him several names (he has been suspended by the way…the radio jock) and it just seems there may be problems. Hopefully they can put it all behind them and play for each other. That’s all I got. Maybe someone else can chime in…cough, cough, Rick B.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 07:46:45 PM »
I predict we win one game and then go out in the Regional.  Nothing about this team's current state gives me confidence.  Maybe that means we'll win it all.

Jesus, I hope Turner doesn't read my comment and get distracted from the game.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 08:01:23 PM »
It is about an interview Turner did. He apparently made some comments about Noland, and said that Twitter gets into your head sometimes. Also, called out some fans as being not good. But, all that is probably true. We seem to demand a lot from kids playing a game. Turner is not Opitz….but he is one of our best hitters and is serviceable. Then some radio jock called him several names (he has been suspended by the way…the radio jock) and it just seems there may be problems. Hopefully they can put it all behind them and play for each other. That’s all I got. Maybe someone else can chime in…cough, cough, Rick B.
I talked to Peyton Stovall and Michael Turner at Bogle Saturday. Briefly. This was before Ruscin showed his ass. DVH was with them. Anyway, as if it isn't obvious, they know they're in a slump. Funny, Peyton and I, simultaneously said, all it takes is one game. I then proceeded to tell DVH that I could make him some tusks like mine and he said that I was out of my mind. [emoji16]

I helped Peyton and Mike find some empty seats a few rows behind Muss and Mrs. Muss. Then they proceeded to play on their phones the whole time.

That alone tells me that they are going to sweep the regional.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 08:03:08 PM »
I talked to Peyton Stovall and Michael Turner at Bogle Saturday. Briefly. This was before Ruscin showed his ass. DVH was with them. Anyway, as if it isn't obvious, they know they're in a slump. Funny, Peyton and I, simultaneously said, all it takes is one game. I then proceeded to tell DVH that I could make him some tusks like mine and he said that I was out of my mind. [emoji16]

I helped Peyton and Mike find some empty seats a few rows behind Muss and Mrs. Muss. Then they proceeded to play on their phones the whole time.

But, is Noland going to use his fastball more to make his curve more effective? Inquiring mimes want to know…

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 09:21:22 PM »
I predict we win one game and then go out in the Regional.  Nothing about this team's current state gives me confidence.

Same.

If we were simply slumping and/or just generally not playing well I’d be a little more optimistic because baseball is a weird sport and a team’s fortunes can turn on a dime, but something appears to be very wrong with this team. We’re not playing well, shit that went right for us earlier in the season isn’t now (Noland, the pen, bats, the defense), and we’re not in a good headspace mentally. 

This team seems to be far too preoccupied with outside noise and Twitter bullshit, which tells me they’re most certainly not circling the wagons and maintaining focus as the old cliches go. As I said in the other thread, Ruscin is a shitheel and deserves the blowback he’s getting for the veracity of his rant against Turner, but conversely, this baseball team (players and coaches alike) really needs to shut the fuck up about social media and mean fans and all that because it’s not a great look.

Pretty disconcerting that the only consequential W this baseball team has had in the last 3 weeks has come against an asshat radio host.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 06:08:33 AM »

You mean only one game, like beating a team 21-2 and then continuing to rake throughout a Super and beyond?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I sang "Hey Jude", as he died.....
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 09:52:12 AM »
Since our fans are so bad, maybe playing on the road is the best thing for this team.

Worked in Hoover.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 10:57:51 AM »

<--- I'm with him

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 11:24:17 AM »
Well, at least we are practicing making contact.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackBSB/status/1531632840902860802?t=0v1O1-e8s48hDX5YCwXXlg&s=19

You notice there weren't any hitters in either foursome. 

I can imagine more than a few of our offensive players whiffing on the tee box.

?s=20

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »
I think I read on Twitter today we played 25 games against teams that made the tournament. Our record in those 25 games was 13-12.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 03:03:52 PM »
You notice there weren't any hitters in either foursome. 

I can imagine more than a few of our offensive players whiffing on the tee box.

Or, instead of swinging, just looking at the ball while it sits on the tee.

Slavens probably gets as far away as he can from the ball and then flares his head up as he swings his club.

…Okay I’ll stop. Don’t want any of our players to see these comments and have it affect their play in Stillwater.

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 04:08:23 PM »
Baseball is unpredictable. Maybe getting out of SEC play and a change of scenery will be good for the team. Get a couple of wins and some confidence again and who knows. Maybe a lower seed advances out of Chapel Hill and we host a Super. The season is (hopefully) a long ways from over. 

Carolina on my mind...

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »
Slavens probably gets as far away as he can from the ball and then flares his head up as he swings his club.

Slavens' 4 attempts in the long drive contest:
1: 0 yards (miss)
2: 25 yards sideways (toed it)
3: 575 yards (winner)
4: 0 yards (miss)

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 06:35:35 PM »
Happy Slavens

<--- I'm with him

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 07:01:04 PM »
Slavens' 4 attempts in the long drive contest:
1: 0 yards (miss)
2: 25 yards sideways (toed it)
3: 575 yards (winner)
4: 0 yards (miss)
1 out of 4. Sounds about right.

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
Is it safe to assume that Noland will get the start tomorrow?

Carolina on my mind...

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »
Well it is Stillwater (I've never been there).

Members of the Missouri State baseball team cheered when they heard they were headed to the Stillwater, Oklahoma Regional in the NCAA Baseball Tournament.

But after they checked into their hotel rooms on Wednesday night for the tournament, those cheers quickly went away.

Players on the Missouri State baseball team shared on social media Wednesday night the photos of the hotel they were staying in during the Stillwater Regional.

It's pretty gross.

Relief pitcher Trey Ziegenbein posted a thread on his Twitter account while tagging the NCAA noting: "Here's a thread of the disgusting conditions of the hotel you put us in for our 2022 baseball regional in Stillwater, Oklahoma."

Photos in Ziegenbein's thread included "mysterious undergarments," stains on mattresses, a video of possible bed bugs, fake eyelashes on the carpet and hair on pillows.

Players deleted their tweets about the hotel on Thursday afternoon. Photos of the hotel conditions were reshared by D1Baseball podcast host Stephen Schoch on Wednesday night.

There was a somewhat-happy ending to this story as players posted photos of them leaving the Microtel By Wyndham around 12:30 a.m. to walk to their new hotel.

After many players retweeted Ziegenbein's thread, fellow relief pitcher Riyan Rodriguez posted a photo of the hotel saying that "goodbyes are never easy... thanks for the memories."

A player on the Bears told the News-Leader that half of the team moved to the hotel next door where the Grand Canyon baseball team was staying. The other half had to stay at the Microtel By Wyndham due to the lack of available rooms.

Missouri State play-by-play voice Art Hains tweeted Wednesday afternoon that the Bears were moving out of the Stillwater hotel and into one in Ponca City which is located just over 40 miles north of Stillwater.

According to the 2021-22 NCAA Division I Baseball Host Operations Manual, the tournament manager is responsible for making housing arrangements for each team and all hotels should be of equal quality. It notes that the visiting teams are responsible for confirming the final arrangements.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2022/06/02/missouri-state-baseball-has-gross-hotel-conditions-ncaa-tournament/7479742001/

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »
There are several decent to good hotels in Stillwater. Kind of surprising that they’d put a team in one so shitty that they had to move to Ponca.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 09:33:28 PM »
I stayed in a  motel once that had a notice in the room to not use the washrags to wipe up bodily functions.  It was in Mountain View I think.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2022, 09:43:47 PM »
I stayed in a  motel once that had a notice in the room to not use the washrags to wipe up bodily functions.  It was in Mountain View I think.

That's no fun. What the hell is supposed to collect the semen and blood?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2022, 12:17:01 AM »
That's no fun. What the hell is supposed to collect the semen and blood?

Her lower back?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2022, 05:32:27 AM »
Is the game available online? Also, obligatory:

Calmer than you are.

Offline jacobp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2022, 07:03:06 AM »
Today's game is on SEC Network so you should be able to stream it with no issues, not sure about after today though. All the viewing options for games after today are TBD