Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 78 years ago today...  (Read 579 times)

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
78 years ago today...
« on: June 06, 2022, 03:04:56 PM »
Ok you buncha malcontent preverts. Remember these guys who stormed the beaches of Normandy 78 years ago today so that you could have the right to gripe, bitch and moan about college baseball, football or whatever else suits your fancy.

Online jdcatty

• Boar
Re: 78 years ago today...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 03:13:17 PM »
Yes.  Remembering is a good thing.  The young people don't, because they never really knew it anyway.  And by "young" I mean anyone under about 45.  Most of them know nothing about history.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 05:38:08 PM »
2nd year in a row that the Biden WH didn’t issue a statement about DDay. Hell, at least Obama did. Fuck this dementia riddled POS.

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 05:47:17 PM »
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.” ― George S. Patton Jr.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Cornhogio

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 06:53:38 PM »
If this happened today, we’d be living “The Man in the High Castle”.

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 08:23:53 PM »
Ok you buncha malcontent preverts. Remember these guys who stormed the beaches of Normandy 78 years ago today so that you could have the right to gripe, bitch and moan about college baseball, football or whatever else suits your fancy.

Damn, that  beach looks wide and that hill looks tall.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 09:41:55 PM »
I dont doubt the bravery of men dropped in those landing craft to head slowly to the beach under heavy fire, or the airborne troops who jjumped or rode gliders into those hedgerowed fields.  But those poor bastards in the Pacific had to do this several times.  Hey you just conquered Saipan.  You reward we're headed to Iwo Jima, then Okinawa.  and at some point iunvadign the Imperial mainland. 

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 10:18:43 PM »
The coolest memory I have was being at the 50th anniversary and getting to chat with vets who had come back. It’s sad that just about all the men that fought are no longer alive. Truly was the greatest generation

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 11:09:08 PM »
Today's generation would've had to take their emotional support animal with them.

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 05:26:35 AM »

You realize those Higgins landing craft where made out of plywood, right?

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 10:20:03 AM »
Today's generation would've had to take their emotional support animal with them.
gen Z wouldn’t go they would cry. We are sadly fucked as a nation. If you thought millennial’s were bad they aren’t…it’s the kids that will be running things when we are in retirement…Gen z and whatever fucked up name after them. They will literally be the least educated but most fucked yo generation

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 10:22:56 AM »
I dont doubt the bravery of men dropped in those landing craft to head slowly to the beach under heavy fire, or the airborne troops who jjumped or rode gliders into those hedgerowed fields.  But those poor bastards in the Pacific had to do this several times.  Hey you just conquered Saipan.  You reward we're headed to Iwo Jima, then Okinawa.  and at some point iunvadign the Imperial mainland.

I miss TOB.  One of my favorite people here.

RIP, old friend.  Semper Fi.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2022, 07:20:21 PM »
Glad to see this thread is about D Day and not the last football championship we won...

Offline Wooisme2

• A Shoat
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 07:24:08 AM »
I miss TOB.  One of my favorite people here.

RIP, old friend.  Semper Fi.

:thumbup: 

Patriot.

Arkansas didn't need the NCAA Death Penalty.  We had JEFF LONG.