Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Omahogs—-The CWS thread  (Read 33019 times)

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
Re: Omahogs—-The CWS thread
« Reply #2150 on: June 23, 2022, 05:38:53 PM »
We only scored five runs in the game, and two were off a scrub reliever in the 9th. Unless McEntire shut down their offense, which was barreling up balls that night, we lose that game because we couldn’t score runs again.

Your weird DVH hard on is tiresome and old. We get it, you don’t like him and would rather have Vitello.  Just fucking go root for Tennessee.

McEntire is very similar to Noland.  Same pitch mix, similar movement and velocity.  Connor shut them down today, pitched well enough to win comfortably.  I see no reason to think McEntire couldn't have done the same.  Beat them on Monday, pitch Smith (who they also couldn't hit) on Wednesday, and today's game likely doesn't happen.

It's all hindsight, and I get the reasoning for going with a bullpen game Monday.  But Dave gets paid the big bucks.  When one of his decisions doesn't pan out, he's going to deservedly catch some grief. 

(I'm not signing on to the other shit wmr is spewing.  He still hasn't closed the deal, but I'm ride or die with DVH.  The only coaches we've had in my lifetime who have exceeded what he's done are Nolan and McDonnell, and only Broyles has really come close to matching him.).

?s=20

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #2151 on: June 23, 2022, 05:40:30 PM »
This was called a strike on Lanzilli. Catcher outside the box on the other side of the plate, catches the ball there, and reaches back over the plate.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #2152 on: June 23, 2022, 05:44:09 PM »
I would  like to personally thank Dirk for the great, entertaining PBPs for the year.  :beer:  :cheers:

Hear, hear! 

:beer: :beer:

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #2153 on: June 23, 2022, 05:44:16 PM »
This was called a strike on Lanzilli. Catcher outside the box on the other side of the plate, catches the ball there, and reaches back over the plate.

Eh, he probably would’ve just swung at the next one in his armpits.   Seems like he did that every time today. 

Maybe we didn’t pay the rent today. 

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2154 on: June 23, 2022, 05:46:36 PM »
I would  like to personally thank Dirk for the great, entertaining PBPs for the year.  :beer:  :cheers:

Hear, hear! 

Thanks guys! I really enjoy it and appreciate the opportunity. 

?s=20

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2155 on: June 23, 2022, 05:46:44 PM »
probably didn't matter but since everything was wide open why didn't the ump slide over a few inches with the catcher and have his sightline right down the edge of the plate

wouldn't actually have to move just lean a little

Offline razor5396

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2156 on: June 23, 2022, 05:50:52 PM »

Shitty umpires are always going to have a place in baseball. We could easily replace them with computers, but we have to have the drama. We just didn't hit the ball today.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #2157 on: June 23, 2022, 05:54:52 PM »
There is just some cosmic force in the universe that really hates Arkansas. I think our state must lie on a ley line to hell

This is positively true.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline bleedinred

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2158 on: June 23, 2022, 05:56:29 PM »
This sucks because next year is going to be brutal.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2159 on: June 23, 2022, 05:56:47 PM »
The season was salvaged with our Regional and Supers performance. Any year that you make a CWS is a good year. There are way too many variables in baseball to expect a Championship. I’ll miss watching a lot of these guys play in a Razorback uniform, but looking forward to next year.  :beer:

Carolina on my mind...

Offline CardHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2160 on: June 23, 2022, 06:00:08 PM »

Our pitching is going to better and our bats weren't present for 90% of the year.   We'll be ok.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2161 on: June 23, 2022, 06:04:40 PM »
Credit to the ole miss pitcher, that kid was dealing today. Got some help from the ump, but I think that was because he was so dialed in. Hit the spots when he needed to, didn’t get behind very often, and was only in trouble twice and that was with two outs. Hard to hate on our offense when a pitcher throws a gem like that. A complete game shutout is pretty remarkable in college baseball, much less in the cws. Hate to go out of the tourney, but we didn’t lose this game.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #2162 on: June 23, 2022, 06:05:10 PM »
Well, I guess I would rather have my hopes dashed now instead of in the championship like before.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #2163 on: June 23, 2022, 06:07:53 PM »
Still blame this on letting the Corndog start the thread.   

(Nothing against you personally, Jean). 

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2164 on: June 23, 2022, 06:14:58 PM »

Exactly. Freaking Jinx Lafitte  ;D

Carolina on my mind...

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #2165 on: June 23, 2022, 06:16:30 PM »

There was a point about 2/3 through the regular season where our bats were so bad I thought we'd be 2-and-out in the SECT and might not make the postseason.  The hitters redeemed themselves in the CWS but there's a lot of room to improve on that side, and during that slump it couldn't have gotten much worse.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline cchog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2166 on: June 23, 2022, 06:20:17 PM »
Hear, hear! 

This right here!  You too, SOS.   :thumbup:

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2167 on: June 23, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »
Our pitching is going to better and our bats weren't present for 90% of the year.   We'll be ok.

This.

Probably won't start out ranked top ten, maybe not even top fifteen, but I bet we'll be in the conversation for hosting by the time regionals roll around.

Tygart, McEntire, and Smith is a rotation to build around.  Unless something changes that should be one of the top couple of starting groups in the league (and in the country).  Find a couple of bullpen arms, hit the portal for offensive guys like A&M and LSU got this year, and we'll be in the hunt.

?s=20

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #2168 on: June 23, 2022, 06:26:48 PM »

I agree as well.

Stovall and Lanzilli are some young guys to be excited about.

We will miss the infield defense of Battles and BGB (assuming he leaves) most critically.

Offline Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #2169 on: June 23, 2022, 06:36:02 PM »
I agree as well.

Stovall and Lanzilli are some young guys to be excited about.

We will miss the infield defense of Battles and BGB (assuming he leaves) most critically.

I believe this was Lanzilli’s last year of eligibility.

Offline Jean_Lafitte

• Wild Hog
  • King of Corsairs
« Reply #2170 on: June 23, 2022, 06:40:54 PM »

I would not have started the thread unless I was certain to be right about the Hogs winning it all! Now I look like a fool, and I'm sure that I'm banned from ever starting such a thread again.

Fight with the Heart of a Tiger!

"General Andrew Jackson discovered the Baratarians to be excellent fighters."

Offline hit_that_line

• Oracle of Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #2171 on: June 23, 2022, 06:41:22 PM »
Shut the fuck up

We did not hit today, that kept us out of the final.

Deluchia pitched a helluva of a game

Connor did too

That is baseball
Shut the fuck up, pussy. Not starting McEntire game one cost us any chance we had to advance. That is the reality. If you can’t accept that, go to Nobville.

Offline Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #2172 on: June 23, 2022, 06:58:12 PM »
Shut the fuck up, pussy. Not starting McEntire game one cost us any chance we had to advance. That is the reality. If you can’t accept that, go to Nobville.

Literally, the fact that we were playing for the chance to go to the championship series today makes you wrong.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #2173 on: June 23, 2022, 07:02:29 PM »
To quote someone I read earlier..."I can't ever remember seeing a game where nearly every hit went straight into the opposing fielder's gloves."  Hogs couldn't buy a fucking break today. They were hitting, unfortunately, those hits didn't go where the Klansmen weren't.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline razor5396

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2174 on: June 23, 2022, 07:20:47 PM »
New Year's Day Bowl, Elite Eight, 3rd place in the College World Series, and women's softball 1 game away from World Series. In 2019, I thought we were a dead program. I am starting to get use to watching College Sports when 99% of the teams in the NCAA have called it a year. Sky's the limit.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 07:22:56 PM by razor5396 »