Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Omahogs—-The CWS thread  (Read 29583 times)

Online hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
Re: Omahogs—-The CWS thread
« Reply #2175 on: June 23, 2022, 07:29:07 PM »
Nate Thompson needs to go. We have no approach or situational awareness.

Online Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #2176 on: June 23, 2022, 07:37:35 PM »

I do agree with this.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2177 on: June 23, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »

We hit over 300 in the CWS and scored the most runs. Do you have to be a dumbass about everything?

Offline SoldierSooie

• Tush Hog
  • We're Back!
« Reply #2178 on: June 23, 2022, 08:32:46 PM »
We hit over 300 in the CWS and scored the most runs. Do you have to be a dumbass about everything?

17 in one game with 11 of those against scrubs skews things a bit.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2179 on: June 23, 2022, 08:36:12 PM »
17 in one game with 11 of those against scrubs skews things a bit.

I guess somebody else was the hitting coach against Stanford. Sorry, I wasn't aware of that.

Also,  I guess auburn was throwing scrubs too?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:38:39 PM by USAFHawg »

Online hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #2180 on: June 23, 2022, 08:38:05 PM »
Jesus you are so fucking stupid. It makes my head hurt. You’re lucky you can spend your entire adult life on the government payroll. Lord knows you’d be flipping burgers in the real world.

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #2181 on: June 23, 2022, 08:38:10 PM »
And Ole Miss fans are buying Jell-O shots by the case

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2182 on: June 23, 2022, 08:39:00 PM »
Fuck ole Miss I hope they lose the first two games by 20 runs each.

fuck your feelings

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2183 on: June 23, 2022, 08:39:19 PM »
Jesus you are so fucking stupid. It makes my head hurt. You’re lucky you can spend your entire adult life on the government payroll. Lord knows you’d be flipping burgers in the real world.

Like your clients are now

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #2184 on: June 23, 2022, 09:05:03 PM »
let's hope that is the last game ever played as a Pepsi school and now the curse is lifted!!!!!

Let the Coca-Cola era resume!!!

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Jean_Lafitte

• Wild Hog
  • King of Corsairs
« Reply #2185 on: June 23, 2022, 09:49:07 PM »
This was called a strike on Lanzilli. Catcher outside the box on the other side of the plate, catches the ball there, and reaches back over the plate.

I can't believe that was called a Strike.

:embarassed:

Fight with the Heart of a Tiger!

"General Andrew Jackson discovered the Baratarians to be excellent fighters."

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Shiiiiiiit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #2186 on: June 23, 2022, 09:50:31 PM »
As a fan base, our only hope is to have someone at the helm who is the antithesis of everything we think we should be.

Offline Snortingred1

• Tush Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #2187 on: June 23, 2022, 09:50:33 PM »
Proud of the team.  The way the season ended, I didn't think we would make it out of the regional.  Here we are, a single win from the title game.  That to me, is woo pigging.

"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #2188 on: June 23, 2022, 10:12:27 PM »
As a fan base, our only hope is to have someone at the helm who is the antithesis of everything we think we should be.
Introducing our new hitting coach:  Dave Van Horny

Offline razor1086

• A Shoat
« Reply #2189 on: June 23, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #2190 on: June 23, 2022, 11:15:28 PM »
I agree as well.

Stovall and Lanzilli are some young guys to be excited about.

We will miss the infield defense of Battles and BGB (assuming he leaves) most critically.

Lanzilli was a grad transfer.   

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Shiiiiiiit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #2191 on: June 24, 2022, 12:15:04 AM »
This game sucked donkey balls. However, it had two pitchers who did gave their absolute best. Sure, we all wanted to win, but I tip my hat to the Ole Miss pitcher who went and did a complete game shutout. Call me “old school” but I was impressed with their starter.

Online Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2192 on: June 24, 2022, 09:25:52 AM »
Lanzilli was a grad transfer.

He's still young, compared to all of us.

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #2193 on: June 24, 2022, 09:29:07 AM »
This game sucked donkey balls. However, it had two pitchers who did gave their absolute best. Sure, we all wanted to win, but I tip my hat to the Ole Miss pitcher who went and did a complete game shutout. Call me “old school” but I was impressed with their starter.

If you had told me before the game that the Ole Miss pitcher would throw a complete game shut out, I would think we'd be in trouble.

Online woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #2194 on: June 24, 2022, 09:45:26 AM »
Pathetic performance at the plate.  They should be ashamed that they wasted such an outing by Nolan.  Oh well, get better players for next year.
Good pitching beats good hitting every day of the week. We weren't pathetic at the plate, DeLucia was just dominant and threw strikes the whole game.

You've just got to tip you cap to him. He flat out beat our hitters.

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2195 on: June 24, 2022, 09:56:02 AM »
Good pitching beats good hitting every day of the week. We weren't pathetic at the plate, DeLucia was just dominant and threw strikes the whole game.

First off, our offense was really good through the postseason.  They did all the things we bitched (correctly) about them not doing in the regular season...shortening up with two strikes, getting runners in from scoring position, going the other way when necessary.  When we execute that way, our approach is fine.

DeLucia showed the way to beat us, and it will work no matter how talented we are when the pitcher has pinpoint control.  Our approach is to have a minuscule strike zone AND look for a specific pitch with no strikes.  With one strike we look for the right pitch OR the right location.  With two strikes we (mostly) protect the plate and cover the entire zone regardless of the pitch.  This leads us to draw a lot of walks, and hit a lot of extra base hits with fewer than two strikes...both good things for any offense.

A pitcher who can get strikes either with off speed pitches, with fastballs on the black, or both, is going to get us in an 0-1 count nearly every time.  One as accurate as DeLucia was yesterday is going to have us 0-2 or 1-2 most of the time.  As a result we either strike out looking for too perfect of a pitch, or ground/fly out with weak contact.  And of course this means few if any walks/HBP, which means no way to grind out runs, unless the defense helps us by kicking the ball around.

The good news is, very few pitchers in college can pitch successfully to this game plan.  The ones who can usually can't sustain it for a whole game.  Yesterday was a perfect storm for Ole Miss in that manner.  And Noland was able to do basically the same thing...he pitched every bit as well as DeLucia, but with a slightly smaller strike zone (Fuck you, ump) and with Ole Miss having a couple of guys who could adjust to being slap hitters instead of trying to hit everything to the Pedo Bridge.

We're going to be rebuilding the offense from the ground up next year.  Hopefully the revamped offense will include a few more guys like Turner, who was pretty much the only one (Battles did it some too) who had decent power but could tone it down and control the bat as well when the situation dictated. 

?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2196 on: June 24, 2022, 09:56:03 AM »

Some day.  Maybe.  Before we all die.  Someday, we are NOT going to face a player in a critical game that has the GODDAMN FUCKING BEST GAME OF HIS GODDAMN LIFE.

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2197 on: June 24, 2022, 09:58:25 AM »
Some day.  Maybe.  Before we all die.  Someday, we are NOT going to face a player in a critical game that has the GODDAMN FUCKING BEST GAME OF HIS GODDAMN LIFE.

And this. 

We've heard all about how great DeLucia is after his performance.  And he did pitch the game of his life.  But he's not some first round draft pick who will pitch in MLB.  He'll be making his living giving pitching lessons to ten year olds in New Albany or Itta Bena within three years. 

?s=20

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #2198 on: June 24, 2022, 10:29:29 AM »
First off, our offense was really good through the postseason.  They did all the things we bitched (correctly) about them not doing in the regular season...shortening up with two strikes, getting runners in from scoring position, going the other way when necessary.  When we execute that way, our approach is fine.

DeLucia showed the way to beat us, and it will work no matter how talented we are when the pitcher has pinpoint control.  Our approach is to have a minuscule strike zone AND look for a specific pitch with no strikes.  With one strike we look for the right pitch OR the right location.  With two strikes we (mostly) protect the plate and cover the entire zone regardless of the pitch.  This leads us to draw a lot of walks, and hit a lot of extra base hits with fewer than two strikes...both good things for any offense.

A pitcher who can get strikes either with off speed pitches, with fastballs on the black, or both, is going to get us in an 0-1 count nearly every time.  One as accurate as DeLucia was yesterday is going to have us 0-2 or 1-2 most of the time.  As a result we either strike out looking for too perfect of a pitch, or ground/fly out with weak contact.  And of course this means few if any walks/HBP, which means no way to grind out runs, unless the defense helps us by kicking the ball around.

The good news is, very few pitchers in college can pitch successfully to this game plan.  The ones who can usually can't sustain it for a whole game.  Yesterday was a perfect storm for Ole Miss in that manner.  And Noland was able to do basically the same thing...he pitched every bit as well as DeLucia, but with a slightly smaller strike zone (Fuck you, ump) and with Ole Miss having a couple of guys who could adjust to being slap hitters instead of trying to hit everything to the Pedo Bridge.

We're going to be rebuilding the offense from the ground up next year.  Hopefully the revamped offense will include a few more guys like Turner, who was pretty much the only one (Battles did it some too) who had decent power but could tone it down and control the bat as well when the situation dictated.

That is coaching though.  We’re very familiar with Ole Miss.  It wasn’t a secret what he would do and how he would pitch.  We should have adjusted our approach a bit.

Come to think of it, I believe we did.  We hit a lot of first pitches yesterday…hard…right at fielders.  Sometimes it goes like that.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:38:00 AM by The Whyte Boar »

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2199 on: June 24, 2022, 10:30:36 AM »
Now that I've accepted this and gotten over the severe grief, could someone tell me what our line up will look like next year?   

These are all gone, right:  Robert Moore, Jalen Battles, Michael Turner, Chris Lanzilli, Connor Noland, Brady Slavens, and Braydon Webb (not caring about the non-starting pitchers). 

So what does our starting 8 look like in the field?   Will Tygart move to a starting pitcher role?  Along with Hagen Smith.   Will Pallette likely go pro?  Who's our 3rd starter?  What amazing players do we have coming in as freshmen and transfers.  I'm sure PorkRyan can tell me all of this. 

OH, it's 71 days until football.