Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Omahogs—-The CWS thread  (Read 29563 times)

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
Re: Omahogs—-The CWS thread
« Reply #2200 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:38 AM »
Some day.  Maybe.  Before we all die.  Someday, we are NOT going to face a player in a critical game that has the GODDAMN FUCKING BEST GAME OF HIS GODDAMN LIFE.
Just as you alluded, it's terribly frustrating that this seems to plague us in most other sports as well. I've lost count of how many times I've seen this shit happen.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #2201 on: June 24, 2022, 10:53:30 AM »
A better strike zone would have squeezed him a bit yesterday as well.  When a pitcher has a generous zone and the control to put it where he wants, he is going to be damned near impossible to hit.  Moore got called out on ball four.  Instead of having two on with the bat in Battles hands, we were headed back out to the field.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Omahogs—-The CWS thread
« Reply #2202 on: June 24, 2022, 10:58:14 AM »
Now that I've accepted this and gotten over the severe grief, could someone tell me what our line up will look like next year?   

These are all gone, right:  Robert Moore, Jalen Battles, Michael Turner, Chris Lanzilli, Connor Noland, Brady Slavens, and Braydon Webb (not caring about the non-starting pitchers). 

So what does our starting 8 look like in the field?   Will Tygart move to a starting pitcher role?  Along with Hagen Smith.   Will Pallette likely go pro?  Who's our 3rd starter?

7/9ths of our lineup is gone. Only Stovall and Gregory (woof) return. Ibuprofen will probably be a starter, and Diggs might be our DH. Leach will likely be our catcher unless we go to the portal again, in which case I’d see him transferring.   

Pitching will be good next year. McEntire has emerged, and Smith, Tygart, Morris, Wiggins, Ledbetter, as well as a few others like Tole and Starks will be back. Taylor has a COVID year, but unknown if he’d return.

Some newcomers people have been talking about are Easton Swofford, Harold Coll, Jayson Jones, Mason Neville and Reese Robinett.

We need to hit the portal for some hitters. The biggest indictment against Nate Thompson is that the only .300 hitters we’ve had the last two years have been Charlie Welch, Michael Turner, and Chris Lanzilli, and all three were 1 year transfer guys. Meanwhile guys like Slavens and Moore regressed significantly year/year.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:06:52 AM by Feral »

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #2203 on: June 24, 2022, 11:37:33 AM »
Maybe Wallace would come back if DVH lets HIM wear #2?

8-)

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2204 on: June 24, 2022, 12:33:45 PM »

8-)

I thought Cayden owed us one more year?  No?

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Tush Hog
  • Our man in Inglewood.
« Reply #2205 on: June 24, 2022, 12:37:55 PM »
I thought Cayden owed us one more year?  No?

Nope, he's 21 and draft eligible.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2206 on: June 24, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »
Nope, he's 21 and draft eligible.

Oh.  Shit naked.  For whatever reason, I thought they had to give us 3 years.  Why didn't Moore leave after last year?  Was he not 21 yet?

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #2207 on: June 24, 2022, 12:44:01 PM »
Oh.  Shit naked.  For whatever reason, I thought they had to give us 3 years.  Why didn't Moore leave after last year?  Was he not 21 yet?

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/rule-4-draft

Robert is 20.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2208 on: June 24, 2022, 12:47:10 PM »

For college players, anyone who is enrolled in a community college or a junior college is always eligible to be selected in the MLB Draft. However, the rules are different for those who enroll in a four-year college. Those players are only eligible three years after first enrolling in a four-year college or after they turn 21, whichever one comes first. Even if a player enrolls in a four-year school and then drops out, they must wait three years or until they turn 21 to be eligible for the MLB Draft.

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #2209 on: June 24, 2022, 12:53:27 PM »
I’d be shocked if Neville makes it to campus.

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2210 on: June 24, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »
And this. 

We've heard all about how great DeLucia is after his performance.  And he did pitch the game of his life.  But he's not some first round draft pick who will pitch in MLB.  He'll be making his living giving pitching lessons to ten year olds in New Albany or Itta Bena within three years.

I chortled.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2211 on: June 24, 2022, 01:45:58 PM »
I chortled.

I was waiting for him to say that he would have a long and prosperous career teaching typewriter maintenance at the Rocco Clubo School for Women.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2212 on: June 24, 2022, 02:09:59 PM »
7/9ths of our lineup is gone. Only Stovall and Gregory (woof) return. Ibuprofen will probably be a starter, and Diggs might be our DH. Leach will likely be our catcher unless we go to the portal again, in which case I’d see him transferring.   

Pitching will be good next year. McEntire has emerged, and Smith, Tygart, Morris, Wiggins, Ledbetter, as well as a few others like Tole and Starks will be back. Taylor has a COVID year, but unknown if he’d return.

Some newcomers people have been talking about are Easton Swofford, Harold Coll, Jayson Jones, Mason Neville and Reese Robinett.

We need to hit the portal for some hitters. The biggest indictment against Nate Thompson is that the only .300 hitters we’ve had the last two years have been Charlie Welch, Michael Turner, and Chris Lanzilli, and all three were 1 year transfer guys. Meanwhile guys like Slavens and Moore regressed significantly year/year.

We already have the Creighton transfer coming in for next year. Outfielder with a good bat. Hopefully that bat translates from the Big East.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2213 on: June 24, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »
We excel at creating folk heroes out of opposing team pitchers in elimination games.

OU and Ole Miss in the finals has to be the most Pride Month thing fucking ever.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2214 on: June 24, 2022, 02:12:26 PM »
We already have the Creighton transfer coming in for next year. Outfielder with a good bat. Hopefully that bat translates from the Big East.

Hey, at least he's already been to Omaha.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #2215 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:36 PM »

Has he ever done that before?

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2216 on: June 24, 2022, 04:19:35 PM »
Has he ever done that before?

Ya know, I'm not real sure. You would think if he had, someone would've mentioned it.

That reminds me to also go see if anyone has ever played ball on a torn ACL.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2217 on: June 24, 2022, 05:57:51 PM »
Even if a player enrolls in a four-year school and then drops out, they must wait three years or until they turn 21 to be eligible for the MLB Draft.

Are you sure about this?  I know Jackson Rutledge transferred from Arkansas to San Jac after his freshman year, and played only one year in JUCO before being drafted.  He was only 20 his first year in the minors as well. 

?s=20

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #2218 on: June 24, 2022, 05:59:18 PM »
Are you sure about this?  I know Jackson Rutledge transferred from Arkansas to San Jac after his freshman year, and played only one year in JUCO before being drafted.  He was only 20 his first year in the minors as well. 

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2219 on: June 24, 2022, 06:10:13 PM »

The relevant portion...

Players who have graduated high school but not attended college are eligible for the draft, as are those who have completed at least one year of junior college. Players attending four-year colleges are eligible to be drafted upon completing their junior year or turning 21 years old.

?s=20

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2221 on: June 25, 2022, 03:01:21 PM »
Leach is in the portal.

https://twitter.com/ZDylanLeach/status/1540773954788495360?s=20&t=JNAGbMjY2KS867B8JVB3wA

Not a shock.  His dad got awfully mouthy on the Rivals board after Hoover. 

?s=20

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #2222 on: June 25, 2022, 03:55:09 PM »
Not a shock.  His dad got awfully mouthy on the Rivals board after Hoover. 

What was he pissed about?

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2223 on: June 25, 2022, 05:21:15 PM »
What was he pissed about?

It all happened in the game where Van Horn was sick.  Late in the game they sent Leach in to pinch hit against a WHP, and Alabama pulled him to put in a RHP.  Thompson then pulled Leach in favor of Bohrofen.  The dad didn't care for that, and complained that the staff always tried to get Dylan to give up switch hitting. 

?s=20

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #2224 on: June 25, 2022, 06:10:23 PM »
Feels weird to be rooting for OU in anything, yet here we are…

Carolina on my mind...