Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Razorback Discussion / Re: 2022-2023 Other Basketball Thread
« Last post by The Red Death on Today at 06:50:44 PM »
Don't underestimate that murder on Alabama's season. 

A teammate with that kind of drama is devastating to a locker room. 
Razorback Discussion / Re: Where The White Girls At? Baylor Game Thread
« Last post by Animal on Today at 06:33:18 PM »
Graham's 4 missed foul shots in the first half were huge misses when we only had 11 attempts the entire game.
« Last post by ArkGuy on Today at 06:27:08 PM »
I will complain about one thing on Muss's coaching today. Our plan to defend George in pick and roll was awful. You can't go over the top and have your big stand 10ft back. That stretch gave them the cushion they needed.

Correct. They screen our guy and our big, usually a Mitchell, would stay froze to the FT line.

And bitch about refs all you want but the only reason this was close is bu waiting until half time to stick with the zone.  That really slowed us down and took away our mismatches. I’m surprised they waited that long.
We are losing because of stupid turnovers in the halfcourt. Mistly because we have so many guys afraid to take an open shot.    Devo had 5 at least. 

But seriously I've never seen a team so hesitant to pull the trigger and subsequently drive derp a turnover. 

This team has no swag.  When you get a wide open jump shot you pull that shit like Bird.  I don't care if Bird was 5/22 he was firing with extreme confidence.

Agree TOs are our biggest concern. Muss has said that since summer. While NSJ is Mayberry, he's a better 1 than Devo. Hell, we've had to play Council, a 6'6" SF at PG when Devo and Black are in foul trouble. NSJ isn't a one man savior but he would solve a lot problems we have.

We also have way too many bad (live ball) TOs from our bigs. More than usual it seems.
I put it on the fact he recruited a bunch of guys that can’t shoot.

But yeah, great strategy getting the ball to a guy that hasn’t had a shot all game.

Your 5 starters are essentially role players. You could tell in Europe Brazile and Smith we're the two best players. Council has been better than expected. Your complaint is that the guys that were expected to fill a role aren't good enough to replace 2 first round picks. That's one hot fucking take.

Pinion bouncing that shot off the backboard has nothing to do with him not taking a shot during the game. He played mins. He warmed up. He shit the bed but who would rather have take it? Guarantee if you ask him he'll tell you he should have made it.
Lee Mayberry had a 5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  Beck was always a 3 to 1 guy.  In reality our ball handling has been sloppy.  So no shooters and and suspect ball handling is too much for our stellar defense to overcome.

I never felt Mayberry got enough credit for how he took care of the ball. 

I would like to see our assist to turnover ratio this year.  I bet it's close to 1:1. 
We are losing because of stupid turnovers in the halfcourt. Mistly because we have so many guys afraid to take an open shot.    Devo had 5 at least. 

But seriously I've never seen a team so hesitant to pull the trigger and subsequently drive derp a turnover. 

This team has no swag.  When you get a wide open jump shot you pull that shit like Bird.  I don't care if Bird was 5/22 he was firing with extreme confidence. 
or we could gel and benefit from these experiences

All we have to do is:

1)  Get in.
2)  Get in the #2 seed side of a bracket.
3)  Avoid SEC refs, no reason for those from elsewhere hating us.

With this year there will be a lot of higher seeds losing.

I dunno, being hopeful doesn't cost much, especially when coupled with low expectations.  Right now, if I was predicting I would lean strong toward agreeing with you.
Since, from what I have seen, no one is dominating this season, and anyone could win it all, if we get in, we have a chance. Right now, I predict that the only games we have left to win are the ones at home.
« Last post by mde114 on Today at 06:00:48 PM »
he's a troll, ignore him.

he only comes out after a loss.  you never hear from the guy when things are good.
I tried looking at the bright side. Muss will be here next year, he just missed on some athletes this year. I think he’ll learn from it.
« Last post by VegasHog on Today at 05:55:18 PM »
The fact that Muss has us competitive in a year were shit has gone off the rails is promising. Our players are still playing hard. If we could somehow avoid going brain dead for 10 minutes at a time, we should be fine.
he's a troll, ignore him.

he only comes out after a loss.  you never hear from the guy when things are good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10