Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Razorback Discussion / Re: Look Who Portalled!
« Last post by Feral on Today at 10:02:25 AM »
So is JUCO even a thing anymore? Are they the ones that have been truly fucked in this NIL and transfer world?
Pittman got asked about the implications of the portal last offseason in a press conference and mentioned that the main impact was that it hurt JUCOs hard.

His point was basically that formerly if you wanted to plug holes with a player who’d been somewhat developed and was immediately eligible then JUCO was the route to go. Now that value prop is completely eliminated with the portal and one-time transfer rule. Formerly a guy like Cam Newton had to go from Florida to Blinn College and then back up to Auburn. In the new era of college football he’d go directly from UF to Auburn and play immediately. 
Who was the black guy that booted it out of bounds in the second half (maybe 10 min before stoppage time) when there wasn't a soul around him for about 20 yds and on Iran's side of the pitch? I don't follow soccer much, but our seemingly staunch refusal to secure a possession late was maddening. It was like we were perfectly content to just to play defense the last 20 min or so. I mean I get not pressing and opening yourself up to a counterattack that would result in a back breaking equalizer, but shit on a biscuit we acted like we didn't even want the ball when it was gifted to us multiple times.
Razorback Discussion / Re: Perpetual NFL Thread
« Last post by lawtiger on Today at 09:48:29 AM »
Was half assed watching last night's battle of the cripples and Matt Ryan looks like shit. Not only as a QB but as a walking breathing human corpse. Damn, not aging well and I can't believe he's still in the NFL.

I clicked past just in time to see his decrepit ass launch over the pile.
« Last post by PHARMHOG on Today at 09:44:23 AM »
ASU screwed the pooch on this one.

If KJ weren't here next year then Hatcher would need a look for a serviceable year.
Belgians take their football seriously. Riots broke out in Brussels after they lost to Morocco.
« Last post by CrocodileHunter on Today at 09:33:29 AM »
That kid was held back a grade and graduated PA with my oldest daughter.  She's now in her second year of law school. 
Layne has to be 24-25 years old by now.
He’ll be 24 in February. realstunned
« Last post by acater on Today at 09:17:22 AM »
So is JUCO even a thing anymore? Are they the ones that have been truly fucked in this NIL and transfer world?
Yeah, I’m not going to cry in my beer about losing a bunch of players who derped their way to the most uninspired and disappointing 6-6 season I’ve ever seen.

Makes me think of the old Lou Holtz quote about when he had a bunch of returning starters from a mediocre team and how they “have a bunch of returning experience but it’s the bad kind.”

There was a similar one, MLB I think, Casey Stengel or somebody like that, on losing a star player off a losing team.

"We lost 90 games with him, we can sure lose 90 without him."
« Last post by DirkPiggler on Today at 08:46:38 AM »
That kid was held back a grade and graduated PA with my oldest daughter.  She's now in her second year of law school. 
Layne has to be 24-25 years old by now.

Was trying to do the math on that one. 

Since Hatcher graduated they have had as starting QBs...Bratcher for 2 years, Bruffett/Fiser for 2 years, and now Busby for 1.  It seems like I'm missing at least one somewhere. 

I guess when you're in his position you can chase the dream as long as the rules allow it. 
whoever the hell rodger is forgets early signing day is 3 weeks away.  we currently have 23 committed, probably lose a couple, gain a couple.

since schools can sign as many hs players as they want so long as they stay under the 85 limit, together with the portal, it's really not as yikes as he's making it out to be. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10