Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   
Woopig News and Help / Re: Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?
« Last post by murphy on February 15, 2019, 05:13:47 AM »
Think the one down in West Fork still works.
Farmington still has one
« Last post by One Quarter on February 13, 2019, 05:36:47 PM »
O Nights of Ni

I had the same exact thought while typing it.

Roger: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies.  There is a pestilence upon this land.  Nothing is sacred.  Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.
King Arthur: Did you say shrubberies?
Roger: Yes, shrubberies are my trade.  I am a shrubber.  My name is Roger the Shrubber.  I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.
[pause]
Sir Bedevere: Ni!
King Arthur: [stops him] No!
« Last post by hogsrunwild on February 13, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
You talking behind the old Elk Horn or at the intersection of 16 and 74?  Back in high school I used that 74 wash a ton.  I could put $1.50 in that thing and wash mine and my buddies truck after a trip out to White Rock.  Was also a good place to wash off my boots on days I had worked in the chicken houses.  Then stop off at Smith's barber shop in the shed next door for one of the two haircuts he could do, buzzcut or a slightly less uniform buzzcut for $4.00.

74/16.  Elk horn wasn’t even a think when I left.  The 74 one lasted forever and was great.  Loved it. 

Smitty’s buzz cut depending on how much he had been drinking.   Got all my childhood haircuts there. 

The old laundromat was always fun too.  It is a donut shop now, right? 
« Last post by kingofdequeen on February 13, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
i know a guy that will deliver weed to your house.  no need to go scrounging around, spaulding.
« Last post by Rick B. on February 13, 2019, 01:03:31 PM »
The one on Township is now an empty lot with a temporary-looking shrub seller. 

« Last post by One Quarter on February 13, 2019, 01:00:17 PM »
Is the one by the Shell station at Joyce and Crossover still there?

For outsiders: the '50s-themed wand-type wash on Joyce has been replaced with an unbelievably nice auto garage.
« Last post by geohul on February 13, 2019, 11:49:59 AM »
The one in Elkins used to be the best anywhere.   Hot water and tons of pressure. 

Washed most of my great uncle down the drain there when he got run over by the brush hog. 
You talking behind the old Elk Horn or at the intersection of 16 and 74?  Back in high school I used that 74 wash a ton.  I could put $1.50 in that thing and wash mine and my buddies truck after a trip out to White Rock.  Was also a good place to wash off my boots on days I had worked in the chicken houses.  Then stop off at Smith's barber shop in the shed next door for one of the two haircuts he could do, buzzcut or a slightly less uniform buzzcut for $4.00. 
« Last post by OP on February 13, 2019, 03:33:19 AM »
Is the one by the Shell station at Joyce and Crossover still there?
« Last post by hogsrunwild on February 12, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »
The one in Elkins used to be the best anywhere.   Hot water and tons of pressure. 

Washed most of my great uncle down the drain there when he got run over by the brush hog. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10