Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Mizzou up 3, 3:27 left, at home, to powerhouse Emporia State
Razorback Discussion / Re: New Hotness - Coaching Search
« Last post by TC on Today at 08:51:18 PM »
If Bret isn’t fired immediately after the game Friday, then we know all the “Long stuck to his guns because he was too proud to fire Bielema” talk is bullshit.

Monday afternoon is the absolute latest.  After that I'll begin to wonder wtf?
« Last post by acater on Today at 08:50:49 PM »
If that’s the metric, we already know it. What possible function does it serve keeping him one second longer than Long, if they were so hell-bent on removing him that they fired the athletic director over it?

The story really doesn’t make any sense.  I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m skeptical of The Insiders!

That’s true. I can’t see them saying “you better fire him or else you’re fired and then we are gonna fire him too......in a couple weeks unless Gus beats Bama, and then we will wait a couple more weeks!”
« Last post by DrMongoose on Today at 08:49:24 PM »
not sure where this goes...so I'll just leave it here.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks

two reactions:

silly me, I was going to judge him on his 29-33 record at Arkansas.

and then..

judas - he had his staff do this.

the same staff responsible for the game plans and instruction that has resulted in
a) the brilliant last drive vs. Moo STate
b) a record of  4-7 (1-6) this season.

« Last post by bigghurtt on Today at 08:48:56 PM »
If Bret isn’t fired immediately after the game Friday, then we know all the “Long stuck to his guns because he was too proud to fire Bielema” talk is bullshit.

If that’s the metric, we already know it. What possible function does it serve keeping him one second longer than Long, if they were so hell-bent on removing him that they fired the athletic director over it?

The story really doesn’t make any sense.  I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m skeptical of The Insiders!
Razorback Discussion / Re: Ronnie Floyd for AD.
« Last post by acater on Today at 08:48:26 PM »
Looks like a scene out of the new The Longest Yard movie.

More like Stomp The Longest Yard.
Razorback Discussion / Re: Buyout Is $5.9 Million
« Last post by TC on Today at 08:48:02 PM »
not exactly breaking news, but

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/ua-board-member-expect-bielema-gone-in-week-or-so/860815410?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tyler Thomason (KARK reporter) @TyThomason

UA board member: I expect [Bielema] to be gone within the next week or so.

Remember, decision would come from UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz. #WPS

also

Tyler Thomason @TyThomason

Just spoke to UA board member regarding Arkansas AD search: "Don't pay attention to any of those names floating around..." #WPS

He added 'the folks involved in search committees haven’t really started the process.'

Are there serious names floating around for the AD?
« Last post by Barton Fink on Today at 08:47:14 PM »
If he’s back you won’t see 25k in next years opener.
Razorback Discussion / Re: Buyout Is $5.9 Million
« Last post by Animal on Today at 08:46:10 PM »
not exactly breaking news, but

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/ua-board-member-expect-bielema-gone-in-week-or-so/860815410?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tyler Thomason (KARK reporter) @TyThomason

UA board member: I expect [Bielema] to be gone within the next week or so.

Remember, decision would come from UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz. #WPS

also

Tyler Thomason @TyThomason

Just spoke to UA board member regarding Arkansas AD search: "Don't pay attention to any of those names floating around..." #WPS

He added 'the folks involved in search committees haven’t really started the process.'

I would imagine the focus of attention will be on hiring a football coach. This Peoples gal seems ok in a pinch.
« Last post by TheOtherWhiteMeat on Today at 08:45:46 PM »
I'm still uneasy.  I'm afraid we are going to have more years of teh Bert.   :thumbdown:

If you mean Bielema will be here next year nothing to worry about there. I'm sure the PTB working behind the scenes know how much is at stake with not only filling the pre-NEZ expansion seats as well as selling those primo seats needed to service the debt we've incurred.

There will be a change, and it will take another 5 years to figure out if they made the right decision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Page created in 2.66 seconds with 26 queries.