Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   
Razorback Discussion / Re: Well, Bye: Long Gone
« Last post by NostraHOGus on Today at 02:15:02 AM »
A distinguishing feature about many Arkansans:

Local boy (Clinton) does well, fuck him. 

Yankee does well (Long), fuck him.

It doesn't matter if an ethically challenged PWT Arky kid occupies the Oval Office, or if the Yankee is credited nationally for hiring and firing an ethically challenged high achiever from Idaho, many Arkansas folks just don't want to be reminded of how average they are.
Razorback Discussion / Re: Bielema Fired - Goodbye and Good Riddance
« Last post by NostraHOGus on Today at 02:03:21 AM »
It amazes me that "fans" of any age, 8 or 88, can find so much fault with dudes who made more money during their time at Arkansas, than anybody other than a WalMart executive or a neurosurgeon at UAMS.  AND SEVERAL GOT PAID 7 FIGURES TO LEAVE!

I mean, a proud fan base would recognize that ANY coach at the U of A in the last 50 years, except for Jack Crowe or John L, was a Top 25 coach in the country at the time, or at times, easy. Indisputable.  Some were Top 10.

The primary distinction the U of A sports program has earned over the last three decades is that fans can be whiny little bitches.  And regardless of the notion that "all fan bases have that problem," people tend to notice when it happens here.

It's like when Arkansas folks got pissed when the Rockefeller foundation sent doctors with castor oil and a shoe recommendation to counties that had a 75% hookworm infection rate in their schools.  Damn those outsiders!
Razorback Discussion / Re: The Future of Razorback Football
« Last post by NostraHOGus on Today at 01:41:05 AM »
I hate to write the "Dark Knight" version of this story, but there IS reason to hope.

Not once in Brett Bielema's time at Arkansas did we face Vandy and Missouri as our Eastern division opponents, combined with a team like Colorado State as our most challenging OOC opponent.

Combine that with a favorable home/road conference schedule and the possibility that Orgeron might still be inept, despite high talents levels, and we have a potential Danny Ford/Houston Nutt transition.

Now, it won't necessarily be because of the "Hammer Down" offense.  If "Hammer Down" wins big straight out of the gate, it will be because we had some promising freshmen last year that make an impact in the new system.

In terms of THIS year, regardless of the most favorable schedule since the Petrino years, and regardless of the new offensive coaching staff, or the leftover talent on offense, this team will not sniff a bowl unless this staff can piece together a defense that can create turnovers and score points.

There is a precedent for that (5-0-1 baby).  Of course, there is also precedent for losing multiple games by 30 points, before entering the Top 10 in year 3 (BP!).

BUT, if Chad wins 9 games out of the gate, we won't even get to see year 3.  That's because he will crawl all the way back to Texas A&M when Jimbo finishes 8-5 in his first two years.

Life in the SEC West is understanding that a Top 25 team can be fourth in the division and sixth in the conference (and it can still be fun!).  :borat:
Woopig News and Help / Re: Love, Sex, and Hacking
« Last post by NostraHOGus on Today at 01:27:38 AM »
You don’t understand – this dude was working on computers in the 90s. Can you imagine that kind of experience and knowledge? I bet if you polled the long time posters on woopig, no more than 95% of us were rebuilding computers in the 90s.

This is a special guy we’ve got here.

Unlike you, I am not special enough to suck Tom Cotton's very unimpressive dick.
Woopig News and Help / Re: Love, Sex, and Hacking
« Last post by NostraHOGus on Today at 01:23:49 AM »
You fuckers are like the killer that attends the vigil.

Thank you for your service.
« Last post by Tusk till Dawn on July 19, 2018, 11:56:53 PM »
Maybe chad will run a faster qb for the first 3 qtrs, then put in Big Load Kelly, ala petrion.

I wouldn't put it past CHADMO
« Last post by D.mentia on July 19, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
I’m still on the Kelley fan club.  I think he can be the man in this offense if he can pick it up.

Of course, until KJ Jefferson gets on campus.

Maybe chad will run a faster qb for the first 3 qtrs, then put in Big Load Kelly, ala petrion.
« Last post by Nolapigz on July 19, 2018, 09:29:01 PM »
I honestly don't think we know how good or bad Kelley really is.  With as shitty as the offensive line play (and offense in general) was last year, any quarterback was probably gonna suck.
I’m still on the Kelley fan club.  I think he can be the man in this offense if he can pick it up.

Of course, until KJ Jefferson gets on campus.
« Last post by Hogwildpigcrazy on July 19, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »
"we hired an SMU coach"...I can hear it now the first time we give up a lead.

I don't know that we have the horses to really turn heads but this team may have had enough ass whoopings and heartache in the last couple seasons to have worked their asses off to at least be a bowl team. I mean that's a fairly low bar...I think that would be a pretty decent goal coming off a horrible lame duck season.
Yes. A bowl. Any bowl. And we can move on from there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10