Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   
Razorback Discussion / Re: The Future of Razorback Football
« Last post by TexZilla on Today at 10:56:59 AM »
I think Bret's teams lost first in the gym.  Conditioning wasn't important to him as a player or as a coach.  Letting his fatass OL have time off in the spring was the first sign he was a true lazy featherbedding lardbucket.

this is Arkansas.  All of our success was built on JFB's relentlessness about the fourth quarter and owning the other guys balls in the heat.  Jimmy and Barry and his other assistants took that everywhere.  Every team we've ever had that won anything was built first on stamina, then smarts and speed.  I would say that's still the only practical path to competitiveness for us.  I think Chad comes from the same school.
« Last post by Rob aka Hobo on Today at 09:50:03 AM »
I’m really worried about the OL and DB coaches. I don’t believe the DB coach has ever been an on field coach before. We’re down to plan D on OL recruiting. We’ll see if the best is the standard crap holds up. We’re going to have a shit OL for years.

I'm not as worried about the DB coach.  Fry is young too.  I think the Oline recruiting will be fine.  I like this years line, if he coaches them up the recruits will come.  I think we will have better depth this year, next year we really need Merrick(if not this year), Clenin, Adcock, Wagner to step up.
I'll lose in the championship game again, I am the Buffalo Bills
« Last post by Ty Webb on Today at 09:32:31 AM »
Caught a little of Auburn's coach's presser this morning on the SEC channel.  Sounded like he (his wife)  misses Fayetteville a lot ......
They didn't miss it enough to come back.
« Last post by hit_that_line on Today at 09:20:55 AM »
I’m really worried about the OL and DB coaches. I don’t believe the DB coach has ever been an on field coach before. We’re down to plan D on OL recruiting. We’ll see if the best is the standard crap holds up. We’re going to have a shit OL for years.
« Last post by razorwire on Today at 09:08:21 AM »
Caught a little of Auburn's coach's presser this morning on the SEC channel.  Sounded like he (his wife)  misses Fayetteville a lot ......
« Last post by acater on Today at 08:57:22 AM »
I hate to write the "Dark Knight" version of this story, but there IS reason to hope.

Not once in Brett Bielema's time at Arkansas did we face Vandy and Missouri as our Eastern division opponents, combined with a team like Colorado State as our most challenging OOC opponent.

Combine that with a favorable home/road conference schedule and the possibility that Orgeron might still be inept, despite high talents levels, and we have a potential Danny Ford/Houston Nutt transition.

Now, it won't necessarily be because of the "Hammer Down" offense.  If "Hammer Down" wins big straight out of the gate, it will be because we had some promising freshmen last year that make an impact in the new system.

In terms of THIS year, regardless of the most favorable schedule since the Petrino years, and regardless of the new offensive coaching staff, or the leftover talent on offense, this team will not sniff a bowl unless this staff can piece together a defense that can create turnovers and score points.

There is a precedent for that (5-0-1 baby).  Of course, there is also precedent for losing multiple games by 30 points, before entering the Top 10 in year 3 (BP!).

BUT, if Chad wins 9 games out of the gate, we won't even get to see year 3.  That's because he will crawl all the way back to Texas A&M when Jimbo finishes 8-5 in his first two years.

Life in the SEC West is understanding that a Top 25 team can be fourth in the division and sixth in the conference (and it can still be fun!).  :borat:

There it is. The first official “I’m a moronic pussy” post. We are already losing him. So far according to our fans I have been told we will lose; Nutt, Pelphrey, Petrino, Bret, and Van Horn. The problem is we never lost any of those guys.
I'll play again.
Pain don't hurt.

I'll return
« Last post by Rob aka Hobo on Today at 08:21:47 AM »
I don't think we will see the second half collapses we have seen in the past.  Be it crappy coaching with a lead, crappy conditioning by herb, lazy recruiting to build decent depth...all that will be gone.  I don't think we will see giving up double digit games where we dominate the first half and forget how to play in the second half.  Missouri, Va Tech, A&M....I am sure there are more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10