Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   
It's already been a long off season. I should just quit this shit and go deer hunting this fall.
Man, holy shit.  The 17 points in the first quarter sounds good but by gosh if Eastern Illinois has scored 12 on us in 11 minutes of the 1st quarter, it's going to be a LONG season!!
Razorback Discussion / Re: World wide leader is hurting.
« Last post by acater on Today at 04:18:26 PM »
And I bet she would be shocked to know a shitload more high school kids died than college.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/average-12-school-football-players-die-year-study-article-1.1309671%3foutputType=amp

It’s like saying “last week only two people died at my grandmas retirement home, but nationwide there were thousands! THOUSANDS DIED!”
« Last post by TexZilla on Today at 04:18:18 PM »
Jesus Christ, she doesn't know shit either. Like I said, comparing college deaths to NFL deaths makes no sense in any way.

She obviously is very dramatic:

An NFL player hasn’t died from heat exertion in 17 years. That’s the full measure of the crude, knuckle-dragging stupidity at work here. You know how many kids NCAA football coaches have killed with conditioning drills in that same period? Twenty-seven. I say “kill,” because that’s what it is, when tyrants force captive young men to run themselves to death, out of their own outdated fears of weakness. Why is the NCAA tolerating this kill rate, which is unmatched at any other level of football?

And she doesn't know that NFL players show up to camp in condition, because that is their job. They don't show up and then go through conditioning, if they aren't in shape, they get cut. College football is completely different.

Professional coaches have understood since the lamentable loss of Minnesota Vikings lineman Korey Stringer in 2001 that you don’t build a player by driving him to the brink of organ failure in practice. Only the most backward or mean coach still thinks summer sprints are the only way to breed toughness. Everyone else has learned better, everyone but lunatic over-striving NCAA wannabes who are in such a big a hurry to prove themselves big dogs. The Pete Carrolls and Bill Belichicks aren’t putting their players in the ground; they’re putting them in virtual reality chambers. Only the NCAA tolerates — and refuses to regulate — unhinged dictators who think football has to be conditioned with sadistic extremes.

She should have come see Bret's practices.  We know he wasnt making them run windsprints like that.
« Last post by Trigger7672 on Today at 04:07:14 PM »
Jesus Christ, she doesn't know shit either. Like I said, comparing college deaths to NFL deaths makes no sense in any way.

An NFL player hasn’t died from heat exertion in 17 years. That’s the full measure of the crude, knuckle-dragging stupidity at work here. You know how many kids NCAA football coaches have killed with conditioning drills in that same period? Twenty-seven. I say “kill,” because that’s what it is, when tyrants force captive young men to run themselves to death, out of their own outdated fears of weakness. Why is the NCAA tolerating this kill rate, which is unmatched at any other level of football?

And she doesn't know that NFL players show up to camp in condition, because that is their job. They don't show up and then go through conditioning, if they aren't in shape, they get cut. College football is completely different.

Professional coaches have understood since the lamentable loss of Minnesota Vikings lineman Korey Stringer in 2001 that you don’t build a player by driving him to the brink of organ failure in practice. Only the most backward or mean coach still thinks summer sprints are the only way to breed toughness. Everyone else has learned better, everyone but lunatic over-striving NCAA wannabes who are in such a big a hurry to prove themselves big dogs. The Pete Carrolls and Bill Belichicks aren’t putting their players in the ground; they’re putting them in virtual reality chambers. Only the NCAA tolerates — and refuses to regulate — unhinged dictators who think football has to be conditioned with sadistic extremes.

And I bet she would be shocked to know a shitload more high school kids died than college.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/average-12-school-football-players-die-year-study-article-1.1309671%3foutputType=amp
Razorback Discussion / Re: 2018 High School Football
« Last post by Count Porkula on Today at 03:58:42 PM »
When was "the day?"  I was Greenwood when Greenwood wasn't good (we were average).  TMac pre-dates the current juggernaut coach.  I'm before him.  Noland's dad was our stud right tackle.

juggernaut.  It's joggernut. 

- R.Rainwater
« Last post by acater on Today at 03:42:25 PM »
The article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/prehistoric-college-football-coaches-are-killing-players-its-past-time-to-stop-them/2018/08/21/5b0f67c2-a53b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d6e3f170dfe2

« Last post by rzrbkfan69 on Today at 03:33:04 PM »
Listening to ESPNU Radio in the car and the guy is talking about the Maryland issue with the kid dying during conditioning. He goes on to reference an article some front hole wrote saying in the last 17 years the NFL has had one death due to conditioning while college football has had 27. "TWENTY.... SEVEN!" he kept repeating, as if these two numbers were comparable. Does anyone else find it retarded that a guy paid to know about sports used the NFL's number to compare it to the NCAA's number?

A quick google tells me there are 775 college football programs, at an easy 100 kids per that is 77,500 players to the NFLs 1,700 better conditioned players using better facilities with better coaches. So even with all those extra benefits the NFL players have, they actually die MORE OFTEN than college players do...

Sorry, rant over. I gotta stop listening to the radio.

The article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/prehistoric-college-football-coaches-are-killing-players-its-past-time-to-stop-them/2018/08/21/5b0f67c2-a53b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d6e3f170dfe2
Razorback Discussion / Re: 2018 High School Football
« Last post by dour countenance on Today at 03:26:44 PM »
I graduated a year behind Travis McDaniel.

I'm really old.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10