Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: SEC Media Days 2015  (Read 9440 times)

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Tush Hog
Re: SEC Media Days 2015
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
Robb Smith did a wonderful job last year, but it was one year.  I'm happy to have him, but come on guy.

Only the best defensive coordinator in the entire universe could take that aMm show that was our defense and in the course of half a season turn it into statistically the best unit in college football over the last five or six games.   Frick dude, someone needs to make sure Robb Smith didn't sell his soul to the devil or something like that. 

Online HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
Frick dude, someone needs to make sure Robb Smith didn't sell his soul to the devil or something like that.

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
Robb Smith did a wonderful job last year, but it was one year.  I'm happy to have him, but come on guy.

I tend to feel this way about him, too.  Still, it wasn't just a 3-4 game stretch.  It was a 7 game stretch. 

I do remember John Thompson putting in a 7 game stretch like that, then leaving for LSU.  I sure hope that doesn't happen b/c Smith is probably as good as we've had in awhile. 
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline HogHead McCormick

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
I can't believe he's got the arm strength or decision making ability to play pro.

But he did train under Petrino for one year, so who knows.   :devil:

I thought I was sure there isn't a pro throw he can make. Am I mistaken?
"...damn, some of you guys would bitch about Jen not being tight enough."
     Green_Lanternn

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
Who was it who seriously stated that Brandon Allen was the worst QB in Arkansas history?
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
I thought I was sure there isn't a pro throw he can make. Am I mistaken?

I've seen a lot of NFL QBs throw it into the stands, so they can live to face another down.  I think Allen is one of the best in the nation at that one.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
I think it's possible IF he can show that he can stay healthy and upright. He throws a nice ball. I'm not so sure it helps him being in a pro style offense because there is therefor plenty of film on him. The scouts will know if the kid can pla or not. A spread kid that's never been under center is an unknown therefor harder to grade out so they tend to get a pass.
No fucking way.  Not a chance.  Brandon Harris at LSU has a better chance in the pros than BA, and Harris was awful last year. 

BA is just fine at hitting guys 10 yards in and keeping possesion, but he gave up on so many plays last season with galf the pressure he'll see in the NFL.  That's not even mentioning the times he missed wide open WRs down the field, as in didn't even look their way.  Just no.

I like the kid and think he represents the UA as well as anyone in awhile, but ya'll are drinking early if you think he has a chance at a practice squad at the next level. 
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »

I do remember John Thompson putting in a 7 game stretch like that, then leaving for LSU. 

Florida
Every day, the future looks a little bit darker. But the past... even the grimy parts of it... keep on getting brighter.

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
No fucking way.  Not a chance.  Brandon Harris at LSU has a better chance in the pros than BA, and Harris was awful last year. 

BA is just fine at hitting guys 10 yards in and keeping possesion, but he gave up on so many plays last season with galf the pressure he'll see in the NFL.  That's not even mentioning the times he missed wide open WRs down the field, as in didn't even look their way.  Just no.

I like the kid and think he represents the UA as well as anyone in awhile, but ya'll are drinking early if you think he has a chance at a practice squad at the next level.
Can't say that I disagree with this.  But on the other side, there have been some NFL QB surprises, probably none bigger than Kurt Warner.  I am sure many would have felt the same way about him and we know how that turned out.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • Internationally-Acclaimed Expert
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:30 PM »

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
I've seen a lot of NFL QBs throw it into the stands, so they can live to face another down.  I think Allen is one of the best in the nation at that one.

He knocked a lot of that off for the LSU and Ole Miss games, and made several good throws on rollouts.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fried scrod and kiwi.
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:10 PM »
He's anti-groupthink.
He has opinions and posts them like a hippopotamus shits. Just every-fucking-where.

The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
Well I will think Allen would look better passing with more speed to throw to but yeah thanks for crapping all over my dreams. I think I was drunk most of the last two seasons.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2015, 09:21:49 PM »
Well I will think Allen would look better passing with more speed to throw to but yeah thanks for crapping all over my dreams. I think I was drunk most of the last two seasons.
Well yeah, I hope he would too.  But fuck, he has probably the best OL in the SEC, a couple of 1000 yd rushers behind him and last season had 2 TEs who were/will be drafted into the NFL.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Online hit_that_line

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2015, 09:29:06 PM »
OL wasn't that great last year. Got shoved around against the good teams. Pass pro was pathetic at times. They need to greatly improve. Enos wants to kill all that rollout aMm thanks god
"You're hurt son? aMm just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Online Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »
I think BA goes balls out this season. I expect him to be a willing runner and I do think he will have lanes in which to do so. However, if no WR can stretch the field then we may still see a few 17 play scoreless drives. FG comes in to play but you should see what I am getting at.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
BA needs to improve his deep ball accuracy greatly for this offense to take the next step. Hopefully we see more play action since we've shown we'll run on any down. I don't understand why we did so many straight drops or shotgun last season when defenses have to respect our run game. We also have to stop stepping on our dicks in critical parts of the game and in the red zone, we put the ball on the ground way too many times or tried to get cute with the play calling. We have to loosen up defenses with the deep throw and BA has to be able to deliver something catchable. I'd rather see us go for the big play with the vertical pass game than hokey ass razzle dazzle nonsense. I could see 9-3 if our offense improves and the defense plays similar to last season. I could also see 7-5 if we keep up the mental errors.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • My chest rug is nicer than yours.
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2015, 11:54:43 AM »
He has opinions and posts them like a hippopotamus shits. Just every-fucking-where.

Do not anger with hippo.  he's the baddest dude on the street and will put his kools out on yo' flo'.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 36 queries.