Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Week 5 Matchups  (Read 13955 times)

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
Re: Week 5 Matchups
« Reply #475 on: October 02, 2016, 05:38:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm still pretty sure it about to get theirs...

I wouldn't hold your breath. 
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath.

We'll see.  I think they crossed a line and it's spread out to multiple players.  This isn't the Cam Newton situation at all.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »
We'll see.  I think they crossed a line and it's spread out to multiple players.  This isn't the Cam Newton situation at all.

They had a guy on live tv admit unprompted to cheating and basically nothing has been done about it. Then again the NCAA cloud may hang over OLE MISS for a few years
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #478 on: October 02, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
They had a guy on live tv admit unprompted to cheating and basically nothing has been done about it. Then again the NCAA cloud may hang over OLE MISS for a few years

Something has been done about it, they reopened the investigation.  Then they said it spread to multiple players, not just Tunsil.

They don't move fast.

I think the whole SEC is complaining about what they've been doing in Oxford and it's going to be tough to avoid sanctions.  If they don't there is nothing to stop everyone else from being so blatant about it.

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2016, 06:27:38 PM »
Something has been done about it, they reopened the investigation.  Then they said it spread to multiple players, not just Tunsil.

They don't move fast.

I think the whole SEC is complaining about what they've been doing in Oxford and it's going to be tough to avoid sanctions.  If they don't there is nothing to stop everyone else from being so blatant about it.

Agreed.  I think in this case the NCAA wants to be thorough instead of fast.  They got some egg on their face with the Cam Newton situation by hurrying through an investigation mid-season to make sure his eligibility was decided during the season. 

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »

Our future game with them will be for the best QB in the league title.  AA will be ready.

I just hope our defense is.

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #481 on: October 02, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »
3-2 South Alabama has beaten aMm, #19 San Diego State, but also beat Nicholls by 1 point and LOST to Georgia Southern and ULL.
This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.-11/29/2016

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #482 on: October 02, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »

The NCAA hasn't done anything to anyone in years.

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • Great Minds Drink Alike
« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »
The NCAA hasn't done anything to anyone in years.

Not to defend the NCAA, but I'm fucking fed up with people spewing this stupid shit.  In the last few years the NCAA gutted USC, tried to do it to Penn St, sanctioned Ohio State and essentially ended Tressel's coaching career.  They also sanctioned Jim Calhoun and UConn basketball which some think contributed to his retirement.  Just last season HoF coach Jim Boeheim was suspended for games.

Yes, the NCAA is fucked up and doesn't bring the hammer down on everyone they should.  But to say they don't do anything--or pick on the little guys while letting marquee programs slide--displays ignorance at a hogvillian level.

As far as the Ole Miss case goes, remember it involves several sports.  The NCAA has limited investigators so it will probably take time to work through it all, particularly with the new stuff that came out last spring regarding football.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Not to defend the NCAA, but I'm fucking fed up with people spewing this stupid shit.  In the last few years the NCAA gutted USC, tried to do it to Penn St, sanctioned Ohio State and essentially ended Tressel's coaching career.  They also sanctioned Jim Calhoun and UConn basketball which some think contributed to his retirement.  Just last season HoF coach Jim Boeheim was suspended for games.

Yes, the NCAA is fucked up and doesn't bring the hammer down on everyone they should.  But to say they don't do anything--or pick on the little guys while letting marquee programs slide--displays ignorance at a hogvillian level.

As far as the Ole Miss case goes, remember it involves several sports.  The NCAA has limited investigators so it will probably take time to work through it all, particularly with the new stuff that came out last spring regarding football.

I'm not sure how 2010 (USC), 2012 (Penn St), 2011 (Ohio St) and 2012 (UConn) addresses "the NCAA doesn't do anything to anyone any more." Since then, we've had major issues at North Carolina and Miami with no punishment, and now Ole Miss.

I'll stand by my statement.

Offline VegasHog

• Boar
« Reply #485 on: October 02, 2016, 08:46:14 PM »
the ncaa hasn't even ruled on north carolina yet, the initial hearings aren't until the end of this month.
miami got a 2 year bowl ban and lost 12 schollies over 3 years.

nothing will be ruled on ole miss until the end of or after this year simply based the investigation not having ended and the time both sides gets to respond. the ruling was supposed to be handed out back in june but then tunsil happened. nothing big may go down, but it's a little early to say they will skate or get just a slap on the wrist.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:51:13 PM by VegasHog »

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Hoboken Squat Cobbler Videographer
« Reply #486 on: October 02, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Meanwhile nobville has eleventy threads hating on Petrion because he lost yesterday to the #5 team in the country, on the road, by less than a touchdown.  Jilted bitch syndrome.

Ole Miss doesn't have lots of positive history, lots of influence in collegiate athletics, or even lots of money to cover their six.  NCAA will make an example out of them.  With Tunsil opening his retarded mouth, they have to.

Offline Po Pimp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #487 on: October 03, 2016, 03:24:55 AM »
Beating Bama two years in a row will do more to bring sanctions against the Black Bears than anything Tunsil said.

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 34 queries.