Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spring Football 2014 talk  (Read 26661 times)

Offline griffinhogsfan

• Go Hogs!
  • Wild Hog
Re: Spring Football 2014 talk
« Reply #675 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
What you're doing there, I'm seeing it.  :thumbup:

You're seeing it but is the camera seeing it?

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #676 on: April 21, 2014, 05:09:23 PM »
So these helmet cams, they actually follow the QBs eyes, and show you where he is looking?

That's pretty cool.

Is it just me, or does the speed of the game seem to be waayy faster than it looks from a typical TV or stands perspective?     
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #677 on: April 21, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
Is it just me, or does the speed of the game seem to be waayy faster than it looks from a typical TV or stands perspective?   
Man, you just always have the dumbest stuff to say.

It's like you're trying so hard to be smart and say something nobody else has thought of, but really it's just something dumb and obvious that nobody cares about.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #678 on: April 21, 2014, 07:26:34 PM »

Did you really just ask if the game is faster for a player on the field than a person in the stands? 

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2014, 07:04:02 AM »
Yeah, I didn't write that sentence well.  Not just the from the stands but also from the other two perspectives shown in the clip, which aren't all that common either. 

Just trying to give a little props to the qbs, because its obviously a difficult task, and they get a ton of criticism, from myself included.  Maybe I suck at optimism?  I'll go back to dark side now.   :evil:
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline saniflush

• A Shoat
  • I don't roll on Shabbos
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
The Bama game was abysmal.  Lane Kiffen should be fired before the season even starts.  It was 0-0 a third of the way through the 3rd quarter.

Who cares about offense when you have important life events happening?

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/04/20/marriage-proposals-alabamas-a-day/

Let's be honest, as bad as the first two were this one really has so many more memories that they will be able to look back on.
The barefoot folks with tattoos.
The person dressed like an elephant.
These are the times memories are made of mommafrickers.

Offline Snortingred1

• Wild Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #681 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline Nolapigz

• Wild Hog
  • Sploosh.
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
Who cares about offense when you have important life events happening?
Let's be honest, as bad as the first two were this one really has so many more memories that they will be able to look back on.
The barefoot folks with tattoos.
The person dressed like an elephant.
These are the times memories are made of mommafrickers.

These memories were definitely made of mommafrickers.

Offline saniflush

• A Shoat
  • I don't roll on Shabbos
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

Saban?

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
I don't really know any chick that would just love to have her marriage proposal made around any kind of sporting event. 

Offline Count Porkula

• Adjust the base and let the Alpine Blast
  • King of the Hogs
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
Is the guy in shorts and polo shirt wearing sunglasses while proposing to her? Saban should have stepped up and stopped it. That is some weak aMm.

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
I don't really know any chick that would just love to have her marriage proposal made around any kind of sporting event.

I did not propose to my wife at a sporting event however, she is so much of a Hog fan that HAD I proposed to her at a Hogs football game, she would have been PERFECTLY fine with it!  And she ROUTINELY rags on ANY of her friends who schedule weddings in the Fall.  If her own daughter got engaged and decided on a Saturday in the Fall wedding, my wife would tell her that it better be a damn OPEN date or she's not going!  To the wedding that is. 

My mother and father will have been married 50 years as of 9/5.  They are renewing their vows.  I said, "I hope you're doing it on the 5th and not the 6th!"  I told my wife and she said the EXACT same thing to me!  As it is, they are doing it on the 5th so we will be able to make it to Fayetteville for the home opener!  :)

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #689 on: April 22, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
It's just me and my background, I guess.  None of us are from here originally so the Hog thing wasn't bred in and the part of the country my parents are from isn't really huge college football territory (Colorado). 

Most of my family and certainly the women in it, don't really give a rip about sports at all.  My Dad was a scholarship football player at KS State a thousand years ago (pre Snyder even) and I don't remember him ever watching a football game. 

Offline The Satchuation

• Wild Hog
« Reply #690 on: April 22, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
My Dad was a scholarship football player at KS State a thousand years ago (pre Snyder even).

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #691 on: April 22, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »
I did not propose to my wife at a sporting event however, she is so much of a Hog fan that HAD I proposed to her at a Hogs football game, she would have been PERFECTLY fine with it!  And she ROUTINELY rags on ANY of her friends who schedule weddings in the Fall.  If her own daughter got engaged and decided on a Saturday in the Fall wedding, my wife would tell her that it better be a damn OPEN date or she's not going!  To the wedding that is. 

My mother and father will have been married 50 years as of 9/5.  They are renewing their vows.  I said, "I hope you're doing it on the 5th and not the 6th!"  I told my wife and she said the EXACT same thing to me!  As it is, they are doing it on the 5th so we will be able to make it to Fayetteville for the home opener!  :)

You are one lucky guy. :beer:

if she has the chest and color hair in Cerdo's Avatar, you are a God! :beer: :beer:

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #692 on: April 22, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
The last Bama game in Fayetteville that Petrino coached, the one we were all really hyped for, my wife(girlfriend at the time) and some of her friends wanted to have a tailgate. I went all out and got the whole thing organized. I'm usually pretty laid back but I wanted this to happen so I really took charge and organized the whole thing which I guess was unusual for me. I had also talked to our buddy who does some camera work and tried to get him to come video us for the tailgate of the day or whatever they call it, since our tailgate also included a guy that was sitting with Jeff Long for that game and I think leading the hog call at the third quarter or something like that. That camera part didn't work out, but they knew it was a possibility.

Later on, I found out that my wife and her friends were all surprised at how I took charge of it, and were convinced I was organizing it all so that the camera would be there and I could propose to her on the big screen. So the whole tailgate and the whole game, she was expecting a camera to show up and for me to propose in front of everyone.

I say all that to say, she was pretty disappointed. It sounded like a great plan to me but I never thought she would have gone for it. Once we got engaged we ended up talking about it and she told me how she and her friends thought I was proposing that day, and I told her I wouldn't do that to her. She told me she would have liked it, because our relationship pretty much started with a trip to california to see the hogs play USC.

So it depends on the girl, but mine actually expected me to propose at a hogs game and would have liked it.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #693 on: April 22, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Jimmy dykes wife would disagree
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline GolfingHog

• Wild Hog
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #694 on: April 22, 2014, 03:47:30 PM »
our relationship pretty much started with a trip to california to see the hogs play USC.

Ya'll really started things off on the right foot!  :D

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #695 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
Ya'll really started things off on the right foot!  :D
Yeah, that was actually a really fun trip other than the game...and even that was fun just being at that stadium.

But that game...that was not so fun.

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Espn3 to show the spring game this Saturday (subject to blackout).

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 22 queries.