Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread  (Read 124232 times)

Biggus Punkus

Re: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »
Yeah, that mind numbing TWO game streak of games without multiple hits.

You need to up your Geritol dosage.

How come his average dropped about 12 points in the last two weeks? It was all the way down to .348 before tonight. Had been up to .360 a couple of weeks ago. But that's not the point. Where is the man's run production...RBIs. Geesus Ankiel, Ludwick and Glaus are providing el Hombre with all the "protection" anybody could possible need. Yet...NO run production...except whatever he scores himself. ;)

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »
I think I figured it out...

AB  R  H  RBI  BB  SO LoB  Avg.

A Pujols 1B   4   2   3   0   1   0   0   .354

After Ludwick, Ankiel or Glaus bats right in front of Albert there aren't any baserunners left to drive in. He better start pounding solo homers if he ever wants to get off that 50 mark.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:28:30 PM by Root.66 »

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2008, 01:16:19 AM »
Pujols has 22 IBB's out of 66 total BB's this year.
The only person on the team that is even close is Glaus at 52 BB's. (He also has the most AB's on the team; FYI)

Pujols has only hit into two dp's all season.

He's got an OPS+ of 182 and nobody else on that team is even close to him.
Ludwick is at 151, while Glaus and Ankiel are both at 133.

He only has 30K's... fewer than any everyday player in the lineup.

So basically, what you're saying is... Since he has so few K's, so few GIDP's and such a high OPS, that every time a runner is on when pujols is up, he flies out? And those are the only times he flies out?

Give the man a break. There's a reason he doesn't have a bajillion RBI like Josh Hamilton... teams are avoiding pitching to him with RISP.

Offline Nutt Hill Hawg

• Keeper of the Hoxie whores
  • Tush Hog
  • This man was banned from Hogville and noone cares
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2008, 06:15:29 AM »
Pujols has 22 IBB's out of 66 total BB's this year.
The only person on the team that is even close is Glaus at 52 BB's. (He also has the most AB's on the team; FYI)

Pujols has only hit into two dp's all season.

He's got an OPS+ of 182 and nobody else on that team is even close to him.
Ludwick is at 151, while Glaus and Ankiel are both at 133.

He only has 30K's... fewer than any everyday player in the lineup.

So basically, what you're saying is... Since he has so few K's, so few GIDP's and such a high OPS, that every time a runner is on when pujols is up, he flies out? And those are the only times he flies out?

Give the man a break. There's a reason he doesn't have a bajillion RBI like Josh Hamilton... teams are avoiding pitching to him with RISP.

You can take all those madeup statistics and fancy acronyms and stick 'em up your pie hole Sonnybuck!!!!!!!!!

It takes a whole lot more than simple logic to sway the ole' Rooter.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers; I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. 
 Max McGee, Green Bay Packers receiver

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
Where's all those RBIs?  Maybe he ought to be the lead-off man. It's about time he broke that  0-4, 1-4 streak. By the way...that was an email to Sound Off. Remember, this is 2008 and I have a wireless connection with the Post-Dispatch. I got me one of them routers and everthang, JarJar. 8-)
GFY.

Last night, in a tie game in the bottom of the 8th, Ludwick struck out to start the inning and end the inning. Pujols hit an 0-2 pitch up the middle to get on base and he scored the go ahead/winning run.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »
GFY.

Last night, in a tie game in the bottom of the 8th, Ludwick struck out to start the inning and end the inning. Pujols hit an 0-2 pitch up the middle to get on base and he scored the go ahead/winning run.

Yes Sir! That was MUCH MORE important than this...

1st   R Ankiel singled to center, A Pujols and T Glaus scored.

and this

4th   R Ludwick homered to left center, B Ryan and S Schumaker scored. 3 RBIs

and this

7th   R Ankiel homered to right.

and this

Gee, Pujols SHOULD have been the STAR of the GAME. For that shot heard around the world. Not.

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
Yes Sir! That was MUCH MORE important than this...

1st   R Ankiel singled to center, A Pujols and T Glaus scored.

and this

4th   R Ludwick homered to left center, B Ryan and S Schumaker scored. 3 RBIs

and this

7th   R Ankiel homered to right.

and this

Gee, Pujols SHOULD have been the STAR of the GAME. For that shot heard around the world. Not.

Actually, it was.

Another player most likely goes down on an 0-2 count, and doesn't get yet another base hit to start the game winning rally. 

YouR grasping Root.
can't believe you even took the time to write that

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »
Actually, it was.

Another player most likely goes down on an 0-2 count, and doesn't get yet another base hit to start the game winning rally. 

YouR grasping Root.

Well, let's see...without those homers and RBIs by other Cardinals, Pujols' hit wouldn't have meant jackchit. You guys are the people "grasping". Pujols' batting average has dwindled and his timely hitting (RBIs) has tanked and Glaus is ONE (1) homer short of catching up to the guy whose schit doesn't EVER stink. After Glaus started the first month and a half of the season with one or two home runs.

And the big sticking point to start the season was "somebody has to provide PROTECTION" for God. Three have done that and Pujols has tanked. Just admit it. And NOBODY wants to discuss it. Starkville, even admit it.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2008, 11:46:18 AM »
It's because there's nothing to discuss.

He's not getting RBI opportunities.

I wish there was a place where I could find more detailed stats such as LOB and averages with RISP. Because I know from looking at other statistics, it would have to be one huge anomaly if Pujols wasn't in the top 3 on the team in each of those.

Most of the time he is being walked when runners are on or he's being pitched around.
Again, if his run production were so horrible and dwindling with runners on base, he'd have a Starkville of a lot more than two GIDP's. Yadier Molina has 14 of those bad boys.

Since RBI are so opportunistic, you have to look elsewhere for run production. Every pure hitting stat you can pull up (SLG, OPS, etc.) shows Albert leading the team by a wide margin. He's never hit a ton of HR's, and he hasn't hit as many this season. I'd expect that to pick up though since he is getting good protection.

To come on here and say his average is dwindling though?

My god. What planet are you from?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:50:09 AM by Stephen Colboar »

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »

He's not getting RBI opportunities.

Like I said. Move Albert to the leadoff spot or at least to #2. Starkville move him to #9.

I wish there was a place where I could find more detailed stats such as LOB and averages with RISP.

No schit. So do I. It would startle you I'm sure. What he HAS NOT DONE in the last 3 weeks.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
I think part of why the guys around Albert are hitting so well has to do with his placement in that lineup.

He is not missing out on opportunities.

When you go 3 for 4 and score a couple runs... it's more than likely at no fault of your own for not getting any RBI.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2008, 12:22:12 PM »
Well, let's see...without those homers and RBIs by other Cardinals, Pujols' hit wouldn't have meant jackchit. You guys are the people "grasping". Pujols' batting average has dwindled and his timely hitting (RBIs) has tanked and Glaus is ONE (1) homer short of catching up to the guy whose schit doesn't EVER stink. After Glaus started the first month and a half of the season with one or two home runs.

And the big sticking point to start the season was "somebody has to provide PROTECTION" for God. Three have done that and Pujols has tanked. Just admit it. And NOBODY wants to discuss it. Starkville, even admit it.

So I guess Glaus starting the first month and a half with 1-2 home runs is substantially different than Pujols hitting 3 over the last month?

You probably thought Bonds had nothing to do with Jeff Kent having 115 RBI's during his MVP year either.  Well, I guess I'll just have to defer to the guy who shows his picture as sitting on the front row as a basis for he being the know-it-all when it comes to baseball.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
He must be reading the board, Root.  4 RBI's through the 7th today.

Razorgasm

« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2008, 05:19:33 PM »
Phil... were you disappointed when Albert didn't make the Mitchell report ?

Did he do something to your wife or something ?   ;)

Why does it seem to irritate you that people just don't want to gouge on Pujols ?

I'm curious.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
I'm curious.

Well, it has [/] been a slow week down in P&R.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
So I guess Glaus starting the first month and a half with 1-2 home runs is substantially different than Pujols hitting 3 over the last month?

No it isn't. But all the media and the two Pujols ass kissers Hrabosky and McGlaughlin let us know repeatedly about Glaus not hitting his weight for 45 days in a row. But not a word about Pujols the last 3 or 4 weeks weak performance. That's all. It's as simple as the treatment from the myopic media.

You probably thought Bonds had nothing to do with Jeff Kent having 115 RBI's during his MVP year either.  Well, I guess I'll just have to defer to the guy who shows his picture as sitting on the front row as a basis for he being the know-it-all when it comes to baseball.

I didn't ever think a thing about the "roid head" Bonds or the S.F. Giants. I paid no attention to them whatsoever. I watch and "listen" to Cardinal games and I know how those homer announcers/media treat ALL players on the team. And there is a HUGE difference between Pujols' reverence and the rest of his teammates as far as discussing their streaks and slumps. Something like the drive-by media in covering Republicans versus democrats.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
He must be reading the board, Root.  4 RBI's through the 7th today.

I doubt it. But if that is what it takes to get him back to normal so be it.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
Phil... were you disappointed when Albert didn't make the Mitchell report ?

Did he do something to your wife or something ?   ;)

Why does it seem to irritate you that people just don't want to gouge on Pujols ?

I'm curious.

Rex...I don't want them to "gouge" Pujols. I just want them to mention that the SoB is in a slump. Starkville, Harry Caray, Jack Buck and Joe Garagiola used to comment on Musial's slumps all the time. Few and far between but they mentioned it when it happened. Pujols is THE most valuable Cardinal since Musial...without doubt. But he isn't the GOD of baseball or untouchable by the press.

And come on Rex. I was tickled to death when Pujols name was NOT on that list. Even though the New York Post and KTVI, Channel 2 in St. Louis had him on it.

But schit. If he screws up or slumps, at least mention it.

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »

Correction to the Editor

Dear Post-Dispatch,

I must take this time to apologize to the faithful readers of your excellent... and delicious! ... newspaper for my comments last week concerning a certain .350 hitter and most certain 1st ballot Hall of Famer that left me looking like a Super Doosh. 

You must understand, at my age, when the Diebeetis medications are delivered late (Damn, you, Wilford Brimly!!!) I sometimes resort to cheap booze and whatever "alternative" medications that can be found on the mean streets of Fenton.  Unfortunately for your readers, during my last prickly foot induced binge, I must have I passed out after a few boxes of wine and some premium smack, because the next thing I know, I'm waking up dressed like the Joker, and a fat black man in a crotchless Batman outfit is hilt deep in me screaming "I'M BATMAN!"

Anyway, you can see why this might lead to a little testiness on my part.  You wanna talk politics?

I Love Lamp,

Phil Key
Fenton

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
It's as simple as the treatment from the myopic media.

The word myopic...I do not think it means what you think it means.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
Pujols is really slumping. He's only raised his average 10 points over the past few games and is first in ALL OF BASEBALL in OPS.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
Pujols is really slumping. He's only raised his average 10 points over the past few games and is first in ALL OF BASEBALL in OPS.

But he only drove in one runner with a pinch hit sacrifice fly today.

Face the facts!  Pujols sucks!!!  Stop protecting him in the media!!  Fire Nolan!!!

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
OVER-RATED, CLAP, CLAP , CLAPCLAPCLAP, OVER-RATED
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
Fire Nolan!!!

I just saw ole grey beard himself at wal mart a little while ago.  Looked like he just got off the golf course.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2008, 08:07:18 PM »
I just saw ole grey beard himself at wal mart a little while ago.  Looked like he just got off the golf course.

Sun burned, eh?

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 20 queries.