Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread  (Read 124793 times)

Biggus Punkus

Re: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2008, 08:09:10 PM »
Correction to the Editor

Dear Post-Dispatch,

I must take this time to apologize to the faithful readers of your excellent... and delicious! ... newspaper for my comments last week concerning a certain .350 hitter and most certain 1st ballot Hall of Famer that left me looking like a Super Doosh. 

You must understand, at my age, when the Diebeetis medications are delivered late (Damn, you, Wilford Brimly!!!) I sometimes resort to cheap booze and whatever "alternative" medications that can be found on the mean streets of Fenton.  Unfortunately for your readers, during my last prickly foot induced binge, I must have I passed out after a few boxes of wine and some premium smack, because the next thing I know, I'm waking up dressed like the Joker, and a fat black man in a crotchless Batman outfit is hilt deep in me screaming "I'M BATMAN!"

Anyway, you can see why this might lead to a little testiness on my part.  You wanna talk politics?

I Love Lamp,

Phil Key
Fenton

Really eating your heart out over this, eh Jar Jar? ;D

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »
Allllllllllllbert, oh Alllllllllbert. Winning run/s on 1st and 2nd. Bottom of the ninth and mighty Casey Albert steps to the plate. Pop-up to shallow center. Two more LOB by Albert. And we fold up our tent in the top of the 10th.

Announcers on Espn...

"Do you believe their they're pitching to Albert"?

"No, I'd put Albert on and make Ankiel beat me. Don't let that man Pujols beat you. That's just crazy stuff".

"Here's the pitch. Fly ball to center field and the inning is over".

So was the game. Did I mention two more LOB in the bottom of the 9th?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:53:33 AM by Root.66 »

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
Apparently, Root expects a battering average somewhere around 1.000.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »
I just wish the guy knew how to run

Pujols -    '08  - 04 SB     Career - 41
Berkman - '08 - 15 SB      Career - 69

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »

"Do you believe their pitching to Albert"?

Can't believe the announcers would use the possessive their, as opposed to using the one that means 'they are'.

Someone needs to learn you how to use correct english.

Signed,

Resident corrector of their, they're, and there
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2008, 07:22:45 AM »
I don't get why Root is on this "make Pujols a scapegoat" thing..  Where was he in Ankiel's slump? Ankiel is about as untouchable as they come in the StL media.  Starkville, Miklaszasszuzsss had a column not too long ago saying that this was Ankiel's team, not Pujols.

Maybe he should write a letter in saying this is clearly Glaus's team and he is the most feared bat in the lineup.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:26:44 AM by Stephen Colboar »

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »
Can't believe the announcers would use the possessive their, as opposed to using the one that means 'they are'.

Someone needs to learn you how to use correct english.

Signed,

Resident corrector of their, they're, and there

Good catch. I changed it just for you AP. You gotta (contraction of got to) have something to point out even if it does win you a grammar police badge. And you coitinly didn't have any rebuttal to the real essence of the post.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »
I don't get why Root is on this "make Pujols a scapegoat" thing.  Where was he in Ankiel's slump?

I was on Nobville. But the title of this thread...The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread...just begged for an outside opinion of his recent non-production.

Ankiel is about as untouchable as they come in the StL media.

NOBODY is untouchable like Pujols is untouchable. Not even "about as" or close to. Beside that. It isn't every day you go from being the next Sandy Koufax/Steve Carlton to being a Class A reserve outfielder to being one of the top power hitters in the national league. That hasn't happened since Babe Ruth.

Maybe he should write a letter in saying this is clearly Glaus's team and he is the most feared bat in the lineup.

No, actually this is Ludwick's team. ;)  But I guarantee you when Ankiel, Ludwick and Glaus were leaving runners on base at a pace Pujols has recently...and they did earlier this season...it was discussed in the media and by our brilliant Pujols ass kissing announcers many times over.

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
I was on Nobville. .

You should just go back home, then.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2008, 01:03:05 PM »
Since InBev bought AB, this is how the uniforms are gonna look next season  :stache: :

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2008, 01:15:14 PM »
Since InBev bought AB, this is how the uniforms are gonna look next season  :stache: :

No way, asshole.

We're trading that useless piece of aMm for someone that can hit in the clutch.  God damn it.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »
You should just go back home, then.

Before I was at Nobville, I was here. I am back home, asshole.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
Since InBev bought AB, this is how the uniforms are gonna look next season 

Been there, done that. I don't think that mistake will happen again. ;D

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
No way, asshole.

We're trading that useless piece of aMm for someone that can hit in the clutch.  God damn it.

Since he's so worthless, I speak on behalf of the Angels when I say we will offer you $20 and a carton of Newports or Newport Lights, your choice.

I knew we're overpaying for that turd, but it's near the deadline so we got to loosen the purse strings some.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2008, 04:51:59 PM »
Since he's so worthless, I speak on behalf of the Angels when I say we will offer you $20 and a carton of Newports or Newport Lights, your choice.

I knew we're overpaying for that turd, but it's near the deadline so we got to loosen the purse strings some.

We do need another good bat in the lineup, but I'm not sure if he's worth going after, especially for the price.   :-\
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

Newport Lights? Excuse me, but that's a god damn insult.

Look, you buy me a case of Newports and eight pitchers of Bud Light at the Conway VFW and he is yours... but don't fricking insult me in your offer you limp piece of tard aMm.

/DeWitt'ddd

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2008, 04:51:45 AM »
probably need to forget about pujols and concentrate on a bullpen. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2008, 08:12:56 AM »
Good catch. I changed it just for you AP. You gotta (contraction of got to) have something to point out even if it does win you a grammar police badge. And you coitinly didn't have any rebuttal to the real essence of the post.

There was no real essence to any of your posts in this thread.

Pujols has had the BEST (or 2nd best, if you like DiMaggio) 7 year start to a career in major league baseball history, bar none (or maybe one).  If you want to write a letter to the editor every time he leaves a couple guys on base in a sport where getting 1 hit every 3 at-bats makes you a first ballot HOF, you're just being a jackass and don't deserve the first row seats you like to point out you have in order to establish your genius on a message board.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Shinobi

• Poor teacher and slow learner.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »
Allllllllllllbert, oh Alllllllllbert. Winning run/s on 1st and 2nd. Bottom of the ninth and mighty Casey Albert steps to the plate. Pop-up to shallow center. Two more LOB by Albert. And we fold up our tent in the top of the 10th.

Announcers on Espn...

"Do you believe their they're pitching to Albert"?

"No, I'd put Albert on and make Ankiel beat me. Don't let that man Pujols beat you. That's just crazy stuff".

"Here's the pitch. Fly ball to center field and the inning is over".

So was the game. Did I mention two more LOB in the bottom of the 9th?

How many had he already driven in that day?

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »
probably need to forget about pujols and concentrate on a bullpen. 

Agreed.  Last night was an interesting twist in that the bullpen "only" gaver up one run.  However, it is a fair question whether Captain Hook left his ace starter in one ining too long because he knows his bullpen sucks/is tired.  On a normal contending team, if your starter gives you seven ings and only gives up one run, and it's 95 degrees, you thank him and give the ball to a trusted reliever.  With this bunch, it's like throwing gasolene on a fire.  LaRussa knows it but I'm not sure the new GM has a clue.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Nutt Hill Hawg

• Keeper of the Hoxie whores
  • Tush Hog
  • This man was banned from Hogville and noone cares
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
Agreed.  Last night was an interesting twist in that the bullpen "only" gaver up one run.  However, it is a fair question whether Captain Hook left his ace starter in one ining too long because he knows his bullpen sucks/is tired.  On a normal contending team, if your starter gives you seven ings and only gives up one run, and it's 95 degrees, you thank him and give the ball to a trusted reliever.  With this bunch, it's like throwing gasolene on a fire.  LaRussa knows it but I'm not sure the new GM has a clue.

Did you catch the stat last night on Lohse's ERA by innings?  After 7 innings his ERA climbs to something like 7.4.  There's no way LaRussa doesn't know this and take it into account.  He KNOWS his bullpen is for aMm.
When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers; I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. 
 Max McGee, Green Bay Packers receiver

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
There was no real essence to any of your posts in this thread.

Pujols has had the BEST (or 2nd best, if you like DiMaggio) 7 year start to a career in major league baseball history, bar none (or maybe one).  If you want to write a letter to the editor every time he leaves a couple guys on base in a sport where getting 1 hit every 3 at-bats makes you a first ballot HOF, you're just being a jackass and don't deserve the first row seats you like to point out you have in order to establish your genius on a message board.

But I'm not talking about years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. I'm talking about year eight (8). And his run production has sucked. And the number of stranded baserunners he has left on is just atrocious in year 8. I don't have first row seats. Those were courtesy of my son. I stopped buying tickets when those primadonnas began making multi-million dollars per year and then went on strike for more. Screw 'em.

Albert is the best player in baseball. Albert is having an off year. It isn't that hard to admit. It isn't a stretch to expect our local media and our homer announcers to admit it or even MENTION it when Albert has an opportunity to win a game and leaves the bases loaded in extra innings or the bottom of the ninth.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »

How many had he already driven in that day?

0 - 4   1 Walk  0 RBIs   1 Run Scored   

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:42 PM »
Don't know what the big deal is on this subject. AP is one of, if not the best hitter of the last 6-7 years. At the same time, this season, 50 MLB players have more rbi's than he does. He's getting his hits as evidenced by his BA but not with men on base as he has in the past.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
In tonight's 3-0 loss to the Brewers...

Hitters   AB   R   H   RBI   BB   SO   LOB   AVG

A Pujols    4   0      0     0    0   1     3      .352

Cards couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag. But Albert had a chance to do something about it in the 6th or 7th inn. Zilch. 2 men died on base with Albert at the plate. Plus one more earlier. Cards 4 LOB. Albert 3 of the 4.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:10:16 PM by Root.66 »

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 20 queries.