Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread  (Read 126694 times)

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
Re: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2008, 11:12:29 PM »
In tonight's 3-0 loss to the Brewers...

Hitters   AB   R   H   RBI   BB   SO   LOB   AVG

A Pujols    4   0      0     0    0   1     3      .352

Cards couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag. But Albert had a chance to do something about it in the 6th or 7th inn. Zilch. 2 men died on base with Albert at the plate. Plus one more earlier. Cards 4 LOB. Albert 3 of the 4.

Dude. Stop it. Sabathia has been unhittable since arriving in Milwaukee. There were only three hits by the entire team.

We don't care how much you think Albert sucks, we've posted several stats from a much more reliable sample than those provided by your single-game box scores... and your argument has been completely shot down in the process. However, you continue to point out every time Albert doesn't get a hit with a runner on. It's baseball. Failure happens more often than success.

Albert is one of the best players in the game.

Shut the frick up and deal with it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 02:33:04 AM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline phead2903

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »
Dude. Stop it. Sabathia has been unhittable since arriving in Milwaukee. There were only three hits by the entire team.

We don't care how much you think Albert sucks, we've posted several stats from a much more reliable sample than those provided by your single-game box scores... and your argument has been completely shot down in the process. However, you continue to point out every time Albert doesn't get a hit with a runner on. It's baseball. Failure happens more often than success.

Fixed - and I am a Cubs fan.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
Dude. Stop it. Sabathia has been unhittable since arriving in Milwaukee.

DUDE. Albert is the BEST PLAYER ever. Didn't you read the title of the thread? Or what? ;D Albert, being the BEST PLAYER EVER, should have no trouble at all hitting Sabathia or any pitcher EVER.

There were only three hits by the entire team.

And Albert didn't have one of them.

Your stats suck. Albert can't pick up men on base anymore. He's anemic. I guess he needs more "protection" from the other guys in the lineup. ;)

Wonder if Albert could have hit Sabathia in year one? Two? Year Three? Four? Maybe year five? How about year six? Or maybe last year? He damn sure can't hit anybody in the last month. Yeah definitely, Albert needs MORE PROTECTION in the lineup.

Oooooh, temper. Here's another letter for you. Scanned out of today's P-D. Enjoy. Someone else is getting tired of the Pujols can do no wrong bullschit.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
So if Albert doesn't hit in at least 50% of the runners in scoring position when he bats every game, he is not good?  Much less the best hitter in the game?

This topic should soon go to Crapola b/c anytime Root66 has more than 10 posts in a thread, it is crapola.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »
So if Albert doesn't hit in at least 50% of the runners in scoring position when he bats every game, he is not good?  Much less the best hitter in the game?

This topic should soon go to Crapola b/c anytime Root66 has more than 10 posts in a thread, it is crapola.

Or when someone comes along that actually realizes what is going on whether the subject matter is Albert Pujols, Frank Broyles, John White, the Ole Miss coach or the presidential candidates, send the thread to the crapper because Arkansas Proud and Stephen Colboar, among others, want to live in a dream world.

OK, alright. Now I understand how it works. ;D

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »
Or when someone comes along that actually realizes what is going on whether the subject matter is Albert Pujols, Frank Broyles, John White, the Ole Miss coach or the presidential candidates, send the thread to the crapper because Arkansas Proud and Stephen Colboar, among others, want to live in a dream world.

OK, alright. Now I understand how it works. ;D

A GOD DAMN DREAM WORLD?

WHAT fricking WORLD ARE YOU IN DUMBASS?

Point out, where I said ONE fricking TIME that Albert needed protection. If your reading comprehension wasn't on par with a third grader, you would realize that I said pitchers were not going after him as often with runners on. They pitch around him. THIS IS PARTLY WHY LUDWICK AND ANKIEL AND GLAUS HAVE THE HIGHER RBI TOTALS. Pitchers are just now choosing to pitch to Albert. You shrug off my stats, saying they suck. Then give me stats that don't suck, moron. Taking single game box scores are meaningless. Especially when you conveniently skip games where he drives in four and leaves NOBODY on.

I gave you stats that every single GM in baseball will weigh heavier than RBI totals because they are much more basic statistics that aren't skewed by as many outside factors. ALBERT HAS THE MOST IBB'S IN THE GAME THIS SEASON. THOSE ARE RBI OPPORTUNITIES ASSHOLE.

And the point about Sabathia was not that he owns Pujols. IT'S THE FACT THAT HE IS THROWING AS WELL AS HE EVER HAS AND NOBODY IS HITTING HIM RIGHT NOW.

You need to check your god damn holier than thou attitude back at Hogville, where you can wallow in the muck and mire of homosexual, pompous fucktardedness.

I've got you pinpointed. You are one of those stupid fricking old rednecks that tells the stranger sitting next to you at the game, every fricking theory and strategy that you would do differently. You regurgitate your doom and gloom theories about how things will never be like they were. Nobody gives two flying fricks. You were not magicked down to enlighten us from the elysian fields by the one true god; who created you, using a heretofore unused incantation. You are dirt, you are nothing. So shut the frick up and get the Starkville off the computer in the front office of your nursing home.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:00:23 PM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »
A GOD DAMN DREAM WORLD?

Point out, where I said ONE fricking TIME that Albert needed protection. If your reading comprehension wasn't on par with a third grader, you would realize that I said pitchers were not going after him as often with runners on. They pitch around him. THIS IS PARTLY WHY LUDWICK AND ANKIEL AND GLAUS HAVE THE HIGHER RBI TOTALS. Pitchers are just now choosing to pitch to Albert. You shrug off my stats, saying they suck. Then give me stats that don't suck, moron. Taking single game box scores are meaningless. Especially when you conveniently skip games where he drives in four and leaves NOBODY on.

I gave you stats that every single GM in baseball will weigh heavier than RBI totals because they are much more basic statistics that aren't skewed by as many outside factors. ALBERT HAS THE MOST IBB'S IN THE GAME THIS SEASON. THOSE ARE RBI OPPORTUNITIES ASSHOLE.

And the point about Sabathia was not that he owns Pujols. IT'S THE FACT THAT HE IS THROWING AS WELL AS HE EVER HAS AND NOBODY IS HITTING HIM RIGHT NOW.

You need to check your god damn holier than thou attitude back at Hogville, where you can wallow in the muck and mire of homosexual, pompous fucktardedness.

I've got you pinpointed. You are one of those stupid fricking old rednecks that tells the stranger sitting next to you at the game, every fricking theory and strategy that you would do differently. You regurgitate your doom and gloom theories about how things will never be like they were. Nobody gives two flying fricks. You were not magicked down to enlighten us from the elysian fields by the one true god; who created you, using a heretofore unused incantation. You are dirt, you are nothing. So shut the frick up and get the Starkville off the computer in the front office of your nursing home.

POTW.  You brought your "A" game today, SC.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
A GOD DAMN DREAM WORLD?

I live in the WORLD of CARDINAL BASEBALL , PRICK.

You need to check your god damn holier than thou attitude back at theultimatenob, where you can wallow in the muck and mire of homosexual, pompous fucktardedness.

You want me to point out where you said Albert needed protecting in the batting order? You didn't say that, PRICK. You don't even f'ing know what the Starkville that means. The GD media and the BOZO HOMERS broadcasting Cardinal games on TV are the ones that say that. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over, while blaming his "protection" for his ineptness in driving in runs. But Pujols is so GD great, why would he ever need "protecting" in the batting order? According to you and Arkansas Proud and your hero worshiping ass-kissing,  Pujols is the greatest hitter in the history of the game.

Oh by the way. All the stats in the GD world don't help when you leave men stranded on the bases about 70% of the time. Doom and gloom theories? You mean the theory that Pujols just broke 50 RBIs after about 96 games? That was no theory. That was a GD fact, PRICK. And it isn't a "SINGLE GAME STATISTIC". You are just too much an ass-kisser to realize that FACT.

"The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread"...He sure has some of you idiots fooled. Go read some more "stats" and start salivating, PRICK. 

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2008, 05:28:34 PM »
I live in the WORLD of CARDINAL BASEBALL , PRICK.

You want me to point out where you said Albert needed protecting in the batting order? You didn't say that, PRICK. You don't even f'ing know what the Starkville that means. The GD media and the BOZO HOMERS broadcasting Cardinal games on TV are the ones that say that. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over, while blaming his "protection" for his ineptness in driving in runs. But Pujols is so GD great, why would he ever need "protecting" in the batting order? According to you and Arkansas Proud and your hero worshiping ass-kissing,  Pujols is the greatest hitter in the history of the game.

Oh by the way. All the stats in the GD world don't help when you leave men stranded on the bases about 70% of the time. Doom and gloom theories? You mean the theory that Pujols just broke 50 RBIs after about 96 games. That was no theory. That was a GD fact, PRICK. And it isn't a "SINGLE GAME STATISTIC". You are just too much an ass-kisser to realize that FACT.

"The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread"...He sure has some of you idiots fooled. Go read some more "stats" and start salivating, PRICK. 
Go frick yourself.

I'm being serious.

Nobody likes you.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »

All the stats in the GD world don't help when you leave men stranded on the bases about 70% of the time. 

I gave you real fricking statistics. Proof that, while his RBI production is down, it is not because he is having a poor year. This 70% thing is just something you just completely pulled out of your ass.

I've given you reasoning as to why he has fewer RBI than Ludwick, Glaus and Ankiel. You've ignored it.
I've given you logical points about their precious run production being a huge product of Pujols presence in the lineup. You've ignored it.

Go. frick. Your. Self.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
Go frick yourself.

I'm being serious.

Nobody likes you.

OH, BOO THE Starkville HOO...I can't stand it. NOBODY likes me. OH, Boooo Hooooo. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh boo hoo! I can't stand it...BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! What a junior high school post that was. And YOU ARE BEING SERIOUS!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »

I gave you real fricking statistics. Proof that, while his RBI production is down, it is not because he is having a poor year. This 70% thing is just something you just completely pulled out of your ass.

I've given you reasoning as to why he has fewer RBI than Ludwick, Glaus and Ankiel. You've ignored it.
I've given you logical points about their precious run production being a huge product of Pujols presence in the lineup. You've ignored it.

Go. frick. Your. Self.

fricking idiot. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline Deja Vu

• King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
OH, BOO THE Starkville HOO...I can't stand it. NOBODY likes me. OH, Boooo Hooooo. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh boo hoo! I can't stand it...BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! What a junior high school post that was. And YOU ARE BEING SERIOUS!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Exactly.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »

If that was junior high, then what is this?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2008, 05:38:50 PM »
fricking idiot. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Your geriatric mind can't make up any more stats can it?

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

And...this is over.  You concede, in a very Woodshawg-esque sorta way.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »
Your geriatric mind can't make up any more stats can it?

Try this one: 103 games into the season...55 RBIs.   :o  For the best player in major league history. Weak, very weak.  .

Glaus has 66 RBIs

Ludwick has 69

Ankiel has 57.

Best player in major league history is getting SO MUCH PROTECTION he's 4th on the team in RBIs. And if we could only find the stat he's probably leading the 3 players above in runners left on base. :o

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2008, 06:28:29 PM »
If that was junior high, then what is this?

That was a response to a junior high post. Are you that stupid or are you just acting?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2008, 07:04:20 PM »
That was a response to a junior high post. Are you that stupid or are you just acting?

You're stooping to an even lower level... That makes no sense. It's even worse than the pot calling the kettle black.

Try this one: 103 games into the season...55 RBIs.   :o  For the best player in major league history. Weak, very weak.  .

Glaus has 66 RBIs

Ludwick has 69

Ankiel has 57.

Best player in major league history is getting SO MUCH PROTECTION he's 4th on the team in RBIs. And if we could only find the stat he's probably leading the 3 players above in runners left on base. :o

You just can not read.
You need to quit at this new-fangled ethernets stuff.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2008, 08:30:35 PM »
 Year Ag Tm  Lg  PA  Outs  RC  RC/G   AIR    BA *lgBA   OBP *lgOBP  SLG *lgSLG  OPS *lgOPS*OPS+  OWP
+--------------+----+----+----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+-----+
 2001 21 STL NL  676  428  141   8.8   111| .329  .268| .403  .340| .610  .440|1.013  .780| 157  .736 
 2002 22 STL NL  675  433  126   7.8   105| .314  .264| .394  .337| .561  .419| .955  .756| 151  .708 
 2003 23 STL NL  685  398  176  11.8   107| .359  .265| .439  .336| .667  .425|1.106  .761| 187  .832 
 2004 24 STL NL  692  431  157   9.8   111| .331  .270| .415  .341| .657  .437|1.072  .778| 172  .771 
 2005 25 STL NL  700  420  156   9.9   109| .330  .270| .430  .340| .609  .430|1.039  .770| 168  .789 
 2006 26 STL NL  634  383  151  10.6   112| .331  .271| .431  .342| .671  .440|1.102  .782| 178  .791 
 2007 27 STL NL  679  421  132   8.4   110| .327  .272| .429  .341| .568  .434| .997  .775| 157  .716 
 2008 28 STL NL  382  210   91  11.6   106| .352  .264| .463  .336| .597  .423|1.060  .759| 179  .829 
+--------------+----+----+----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+-----+
 8 Seasons      5123 3124 1130   9.7   109| .333  .268| .423  .339| .618  .431|1.041  .771| 168  .773

Hopefully you can read that aMm. If it doesn't show up right, check here... and page down to "Special Batting":
http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/pujolal01.shtml
I highlighted two key stats there, but here's the Baseball Reference glossary for what those stats mean:

# RC - Runs Created - A runs estimator created by Bill James. A runs estimator attempts to quantify the entire contribution of a player's statistics to a team's total runs scored. It typically involves some positive value for things like hits, walks, steals, home runs, etc. and negative values for outs, caught stealing and GIDP. There are 24 different versions of RC depending on the stats you have. In general, I am using the tech version which incorporates baserunning, HBP and other offensive events. When those aren't available I use the SB version, and when those aren't available, I use the basic version, (H + BB) * (TB)/ (AB + BB)
# RC/G - Runs Created per Game - Typically the average game has around 27 outs, but this can vary by the size of the homefield advantage and the number of extra-inning games. We use the seasonal average outs/game.

# OWP - Offensive Winning Percentage - This is an estimate of the winning percentage an average defense with nine of this player batting would have. As was pointed out to me, the standard formula using the league's runs scored doesn't work well for 19th century players because so many of their runs were unearned and they took lots of extra bases and the like. I'm of two minds on how to handle this. One approach is to tweak the runs created formula. Another would be to use the league runs created rather than league runs. I have done the latter, so now we use the sum of the league's runs created to calculate offensive winning percentage.

If his run production is so piss-poor, then why is he creating runs at a pace just under his career best?
Glaus, Ankiel and Ludwick are driving in runs BECAUSE of Pujols. Not in spite of him.

Now, go frick yourself and burn in Starkville old man.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:44:51 PM by Stephen Colboar »

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »

Glaus, Ankiel and Ludwick are driving in runs BECAUSE of Pujols. Not in spite of him.

Absolutely correct. They're driving in the runs Pujols FAILS to and leaves on base for them. Sometimes they drive Albert, his lordship himself, in when he singles, walks, gets hit by a pitch or strikes out and reaches first on a passed ball or catcher's interference. Thank you Albert for allowing Glauss, Ankiel and Ludwick an opportunity to protect you.

P.S. Pujols last home run was on Independence Day...July 4, 2008. 21 Days. Wonder how much longer it will be until he hits another?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
DID YOU READ THE STATS I POSTED?!

JESUS CHRIST you are thick. You need to stop posting, period. Especially homoerotic images like that one.

If you are too retarded to READ THE FACTS I've laid out on the table, then go somewhere else where your stupidity can reign.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
DID YOU READ THE STATS I POSTED?!

Just the part about...

and this part, you fricking asshole...

I'll never read any of your GD statistics when ONLY TWO WORDS make any difference about Pujols in this thread. RUN PRODUCTION. Something that seems absolutely foreign to you and the rest of idolaters of Albert.

Now, go frick yourself and burn in helll piss ant punk.

Offline Deja Vu

• King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
Absolutely correct. They're driving in the runs Pujols FAILS to and leaves on base for them. Sometimes they drive Albert, his lordship himself, in when he singles, walks, gets hit by a pitch or strikes out and reaches first on a passed ball or catcher's interference. Thank you Albert for allowing Glauss, Ankiel and Ludwick an opportunity to protect you.

P.S. Pujols last home run was on Independence Day...July 4, 2008. 21 Days. Wonder how much longer it will be until he hits another?

You got slapped around by Colboar, yet you still keep on with your bullshit. Amazing. You just need to shut the frick up.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »
You got slapped around by Colboar, yet you still keep on with your bullshit. Amazing. You just need to shut the frick up.

Now if Pujols would just start slapping in a few runs and slapping a few long balls maybe you and Colboar can stop licking each others ass.  ;D

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.559 seconds with 20 queries.