Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread  (Read 128735 times)

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
Re: The annual Pujols is the best player ever thread
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
You're pretty much a faqqort if you don't like Albert Pujols. I can understand not liking St. Louis, but damn:

MLB article on Pujols

Pujols shaken by Padres injuries
Cards slugger involved on plays that hurt Young, Bard

SAN DIEGO -- Albert Pujols never likes to come out of a game, for any reason. But he made an exception on Wednesday night. Pujols was clearly shaken up by two plays in the third inning of the Cardinals' 11-3 victory over the Padres, when he contributed unintentionally to injuries to both members of San Diego's starting battery.

Pujols lined a ball up the middle that struck Padres pitcher Chris Young in the face, sending Young immediately to the ground and knocking the right-hander out of the game. Young was diagnosed with a broken and lacerated nose, which is surely an awful thing to sustain but frankly something of a relief. The Cardinals saw teammate Juan Encarnacion take major damage to his eye on a foul ball last year.

"It could have been worse," said Pujols, who had already called to check on Young when he spoke with reporters after the game. "It could have been right in the eye or somewhere else. Hopefully, he's OK. I'm definitely going to have him in my prayers. It's a pretty tough night, man. After that I couldn't concentrate on all my other at-bats. I just kind of flashed back thinking about a lot of that. It's something that you don't want to happen to anybody."

As soon as Pujols got to first base, he called time and went to check on Young. He then stopped to pray for Young with Padres first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. Young went to a hospital, but the Padres did not know much action he would miss.

"It bothers you, because you don't want to hit somebody and mess with somebody's career," Pujols said. "It's the same as a pitcher throwing to you in the head, or a ball coming at your head. You don't want anything to happen like that. It can pretty much ruin your career.

"Look at that foul ball that hit Encarnacion last year. He's pretty close to being done with his career. It's pretty tough. Hopefully with Chris that's not the case. I think it was a broken nose and hopefully he'll be OK."

Unfortunately, more was still to come. Two batters later, with Pujols standing on second base, Troy Glaus singled to right field. Pujols came around trying to score, and with Josh Bard blocking the plate, Pujols slid directly into Bard's foot. Bard suffered a sprained ankle and was removed from the game. It was a clean play, but nonetheless unpleasant. The Padres said Bard will go on the disabled list.

"How many times does that happen?" Pujols wondered. "In one inning, two guys get hurt by one player. It was a tough night. I'm excited we got the win, but I'm kind of bummed. Hopefully they don't lose Josh for a long time."

Pujols was clearly distracted as the game went on, going 0-for-3 in his next three at-bats. Manager Tony La Russa removed Pujols in the eighth inning, determining that his star could use the break.

"He was bothered," La Russa said. "That's why I ended up getting him out the last couple innings. The thing with Young definitely bothered him."

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
They may not dislike him but I bet the Padres are pretty glad he's left town.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
Update:

.350, 18 HR's, 48 RBI's

The batting title is in sight, but he doesn't get pitched to enough to challenge for the Triple Crown.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
Update:

.350, 18 HR's, 48 RBI's

The batting title is in sight, but he doesn't get pitched to enough to challenge for the Triple Crown.

other than BA, Ryan Howard is smoking him in HR's and RBI. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Hogs Marching

• A Shoat
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
Update:

.350, 18 HR's, 48 RBI's

The batting title should be very interesting with Chipper, Berkman, and Pujols. I never would have thought Chipper would have better stats than Pujols through the break.
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
Strange. I just today sent this letter to the Post-Dispatch. Nobody in the media seems to want to recognize the fact that Albert's struggling. I thought I would call it to their attention.

to soundoff

While acknowledging that Albert Pujols is hitting .350 at the All-Star break, along with 50 RBIs (tied for 3rd on the team), would it be too much to expect of Albert to provide some "protection" for our power hitters in the lineup? Namely Ludwick, Ankiel and Glaus. Albert's power has seemingly abandoned him at this point of the season.

Jeff Gordon might even want to consider Pujols' lack of run production for his "Trending Down" feature in Upon Further Review.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 08:15:02 PM »
Strange. I just today sent this letter to the Post-Dispatch. Nobody in the media seems to want to recognize the fact that Albert's struggling. I thought I would call it to their attention.

to soundoff

While acknowledging that Albert Pujols is hitting .350 at the All-Star break, along with 50 RBIs (tied for 3rd on the team), would it be too much to expect of Albert to provide some "protection" for our power hitters in the lineup? Namely Ludwick, Ankiel and Glaus. Albert's power has seemingly abandoned him at this point of the season.

Jeff Gordon might even want to consider Pujols' lack of run production for his "Trending Down" feature in Upon Further Review.

He is off the juice, the hits and rbi are there, the big power is gone
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »
He is off the juice, the hits and rbi are there, the big power is gone

Right.  Dont forget about his elbow thats going to require surgery after the year.

Offline Hogs Marching

• A Shoat
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2008, 08:32:21 PM »
Im watching the HR Derby and Im amazed at how they have little kids running around tying to catch the balls. Those fly balls can do a lot of damage if a kid gets hit. I could see if the kids had any skill but most are running around like a chicken with it head cut off sticking their glove up hoping they catch a ball.

How the Starkville is Grady Sizemore a leadoff hitter. :o

Online West Texas Hog

• A Shoat
  • Now in Kansas City
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2008, 08:47:34 PM »

They let him bat 1st. :stache:

Offline Hogs Marching

• A Shoat
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »
Josh Hamilton is a fricking BEAST!!! 28 HOME RUNS IN THE FIRST ROUND!!! :stunned:

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:28 PM »
and half of them or so was over 500 ft

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
Im watching the HR Derby and Im amazed at how they have little kids running around tying to catch the balls. Those fly balls can do a lot of damage if a kid gets hit. I could see if the kids had any skill but most are running around like a chicken with it head cut off sticking their glove up hoping they catch a ball.

Little dude in the covered bleachers made a nice catch.   :thumbup:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online West Texas Hog

• A Shoat
  • Now in Kansas City
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
The only thing keeping me watching now is to see if the old man's arm falls off.  54 pitches in the first round.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2008, 12:16:02 AM »

to soundoff

Sure, at the pace he's on (and as long as he doesn't have to miss another 12 games in the second 1/2 of the season), he will finish the year at:

.350, 38 HR's and 102 RBI's.

While that would be the least rbi's he's had, that's solely b/c they won't pitch to him with runners on base.  Why do you think he is 3rd on the team in RBI's?  They walk him to face former no-namers who just happen to have good RBI totals b/c Pujols is on base all the time.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:36 AM »
Sure, at the pace he's on (and as long as he doesn't have to miss another 12 games in the second 1/2 of the season), he will finish the year at:

While that would be the least rbi's he's had, that's solely b/c they won't pitch to him with runners on base.  Why do you think he is 3rd on the team in RBI's?  They walk him to face former no-namers who just happen to have good RBI totals b/c Pujols is on base all the time.

Sure, and what about those times in the last two or three weeks when he's left the bases loaded  or two on with a walk-off pop-up or strike out. I bet you he's left 15-20 men on base the last three/four weeks. Albert should not be untouchable. Albert always has a sore elbow, hamstring, knee, ankle, hip flexor, ribs etc. It's alway something, as Roseann Roseanna Danna used to say.

Give the man a little criticism. Maybe it will light up his bat. The media has NO PROBLEM with calling attention to the fact that Ankiel, Ludwick or Glaus is "struggling". Why the Starkville is Pujols untouchable?

The letter was in this morning's P-D. Take note of the other letter also. Bernie Miklasz is just goofy for wanting the Cards to sign the big headed guy.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:28:07 AM by Root.66 »

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »

Since the Cardinal have played 96 games already at the All-Star break, they have ONLY 66 games left to play. At Albert's rate of production thru 96 games (adjusted for the 12 he missed with injury or 84)  he would finish with:

32 HRs and

89 RBIs assuming he plays ALL 66 games.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
Since the Cardinal have played 96 games already at the All-Star break, they have ONLY 66 games left to play. At Albert's rate of production thru 96 games (adjusted for the 12 he missed with injury or 84)  he would finish with:

32 HRs and

89 RBIs assuming he plays ALL 66 games.

and, at the break, Josh Hamilton has a .310 BA, 21 HR's, and 95 RBI.  Let me repeat that for you... NINETY FIVE RBI at the all star break. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »
and, at the break, Josh Hamilton has a .310 BA, 21 HR's, and 95 RBI.  Let me repeat that for you... NINETY FIVE RBI at the all star break. 

Repeat that for Arkansas Proud. I'm a Cardinal fan. I'm a Pujols fan. But he shouldn't be media/announcer bullet-proof for a below par performance. And he IS.

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »

to soundoff

Old people are funny.
can't believe you even took the time to write that

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
Old people are funny.

Pujols isn't that old...and I don't find him a bit funny. ;)

Razorgasm

« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »
That's what Albert gets for being way better than most all consistantly for all these years and doing it right out of the gate.  ::)

Biggus Punkus

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
That's what Albert gets for being way better than most all consistantly for all these years and doing it right out of the gate.  ::)

Agreed about Pujols and his consistency. But Albert hasn't received anything concerning his recent performance except more ass-kissing from the media. JUST MENTION HIS FAILURE TO PRODUCE WHEN IT HAPPENS. That's all I'm talking about. The Puhols can do no wrong idolization by the media is sickening. Geesus, even Musial had a few down periods and it was noted by the media when it happened.

And that "provide protection" for Pujols is a frigging joke. Ankiel, Glaus and Ludwick have provided him all kinds of "protection". As my letter said, it time for Pujols to get with it.

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
Agreed about Pujols and his consistency. But Albert hasn't received anything concerning his recent performance except more ass-kissing from the media. JUST MENTION HIS FAILURE TO PRODUCE WHEN IT HAPPENS. That's all I'm talking about. The Puhols can do no wrong idolization by the media is sickening. Geesus, even Musial had a few down periods and it was noted by the media when it happened.

And that "provide protection" for Pujols is a frigging joke. Ankiel, Glaus and Ludwick have provided him all kinds of "protection". As my letter said, it time for Pujols to get with it.
You're an idiot.
He's fricking hurt and he's still hitting .350. You go do that with a high grade tear of the ulnar collateral ligament, bone spurs, and arthritis in your elbow that will require reconstructive surgery. He's 3rd in the majors in OPS, 143rd in at bats...frick it.

Do you even watch the Cardinals? He doesn't get aMm to hit.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
the bottom line is this:  who f'in cares?  They are playing for the wild card anyway.   :2bird:

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 21 queries.