Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Collin Ashley from Flower Mound.  (Read 8678 times)

2livejew

Collin Ashley from Flower Mound.
« on: December 01, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
This guy looks like he could be a real steal at corner.  He is faster and more athletic than the Larty kid.  I will get a link to his bio.

http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=83427

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Collin Ashley from Flower Mound.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »
perhaps our own Flower Mound folk could enlighten us some on this guy

Offline Wicket

• A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »
He's a good athlete.  He will NOT get an offer.

We're being extraordinarily selective at this point.  If you don't have an offer by now, you will not be getting one.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »
Thanks.  Sounds like a home run for OM then.

2livejew

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »
Thanks.  Sounds like a home run for OM then.
They are moving him to H back(4 years of blocking) if he goes to Oxford.

Online WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »
I rarely check these recruiting threads here, so just now seeing this one...

Collin is a good kid from what I understand.  Originally from Monticello, moved to Texas after fifth grade, still has family in Warren.  Loves the Hogs and would be here in a heartbeat if ever offered.

First team offense and 2008 special teams player of the year.  Was also first team all-district 5A in baseball last year.  Won district co-MVP honors as a cornerback but transitioned to receiver this past season.

He was 71-955 in receiving this season, and had 18 TDs.

Opening game of the 2008 season, Ashley had 9 catches for 101 yards and 2 TDs (22-yard pass & 12-yard pass) against Plano East (40-8 FM final).

Other games with notable receiving stats for the season included Keller (10-105, 1 TD), Haltom (6-141, 4 TDs including a 55-yard pass; a 67-yard punt return for a TD was called back for a penalty); North Crowley (12-188, 3 TDs including a 58-yard pass), and Lewisville (9-122, 2 TDs including a 31-yard TD pass and a 79-yard free kick return following a safety).

FM lost their last 3 games of the season to Southlake-Carroll, Marcus and Coppell.  Ashley totaled 14-153 and only 1 TD in these last 3 games.  In the Southlake-Carroll game, he was only 3-15 and no TDs.
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

qwakn

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
Not to mention he was Co-MVP of his conference and an All-State kick returner as a Junior. He seems to be a very versatile weapon. Just check out his highlights on youtube. The kid can freakn play ball.

I think his selection as TEXAS All-State Second team this year says enough. 

I do not understand why Arkansas doesn't have more interest. He is starting to receive big-time interest from many schools and Arkansas may not be in the running if they don't show interest. Seems nuts to me!

Anybody know why they haven't considered him? Don't say because of the few scholarships left. Collin clearly has better credentials than half of the commits.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »
He shows offers from UNLV and Wake on his current Rivals page.
I don't know anything about the kid but we have like 3 or 4 db's committed right now and we may just be out of space at that spot.

Other then Wingo and a couple of big time studs that are out there right now, I think we've reserved our final spots for Defensive Linemen.    I personally think they are recruiting a couple of these athletes like Wingo to maybe switch to LB's later.

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »
Not to mention he was Co-MVP of his conference and an All-State kick returner as a Junior. He seems to be a very versatile weapon. Just check out his highlights on youtube. The kid can freakn play ball.

I think his selection as TEXAS All-State Second team this year says enough. 

I do not understand why Arkansas doesn't have more interest. He is starting to receive big-time interest from many schools and Arkansas may not be in the running if they don't show interest. Seems nuts to me!

Anybody know why they haven't considered him? Don't say because of the few scholarships left. Collin clearly has better credentials than half of the commits.

Cause he's white?
Every day, the future looks a little bit darker. But the past... even the grimy parts of it... keep on getting brighter.

qwakn

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »
Definitly seems that way. White or not he has been clocked sub 4.4

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 06:03:37 PM »
this isn't a white thing.

This isn't Nutt recruiting with his 35 players at one position and ignore all the other parts of the team, you know, like Defensive Lines and boring aMm like that?

I don't think we have room for another DB.  Kid should have committed a lot earlier if he wanted to come to Arkansas, we've locked up 2 db's that are as good as any 2 combined cb's in the country in Gordon and Winston already. 

This isn't the old Arkansas kids.  You want to get on the bus, you better get moving.  Starkville, we told the top recruit in the state of WV to hold off now because we were reserving our spots for big time DLinemen and Wingo type studs.

qwakn

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 01:10:34 PM »
Cerdo you havent been paying attention.

He is a wide receiver/kick returner.

He played DB as a junior, but converted to receiver as a senior where he made All-State. Rivals hasnt updated his status.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »
Cerdo you havent been paying attention.

He is a wide receiver/kick returner.

He played DB as a junior, but converted to receiver as a senior where he made All-State. Rivals hasnt updated his status.

WR/CB/flaggot...doesn't matter. The positions he's a candidate for are full or are being reserved for better players.

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • The good guys always win... even in the 80's!
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »
6 ft, 170lbs.
BP likes size
Someone keeps saying' I'm insane to complain about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »
WR/CB/flaggot...doesn't matter. The positions he's a candidate for are full or are being reserved for better players.

end of thread
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
Not quite end of thread. Rumor is he'll walk on.  :o

2livejew

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »
That is very good for us.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
this isn't a white thing.

This isn't Nutt recruiting with his 35 players at one position and ignore all the other parts of the team, you know, like Defensive Lines and boring aMm like that?

I don't think we have room for another DB.  Kid should have committed a lot earlier if he wanted to come to Arkansas, we've locked up 2 db's that are as good as any 2 combined cb's in the country in Gordon and Winston already. 

This isn't the old Arkansas kids.  You want to get on the bus, you better get moving.  Starkville, we told the top recruit in the state of WV to hold off now because we were reserving our spots for big time DLinemen and Wingo type studs.
Good thing Crim and Leon thought we still had room for more DB's.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

Nice job Mr. NOstra-domus. 

Ashley turned down a scholly from Wake to play for the Hogs, according to the recruiting guy. 

A three star walk on.   

Boom.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:16:21 AM by libertyhog »
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline izual65

• Wild Hog
  • Bring teh Hate.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
Wake? That's a very good school, academically speaking. And if Grobe wanted him, that's a very good sign.  :stunned:

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
Wake? That's a very good school, academically speaking. And if Grobe wanted him, that's a very good sign.  :stunned:

No aMm. It never hurts the UofA to have good scholar athletes setting an example, but one that's got his skill will only help. I'm thinking with his size and speed he could see some special teams duty early.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
I also believe my point earlier in this thread about this not being the old Arkansas now rings true even more.

I think this was the year BP wanted to see what level of recruit he could get to come to AR.  He lined up a bunch of 3 star commits early to be safe and then went after the 4 stars when he saw that you could recruit this type of talent out of state to Fayetteville.   He honored all commitments for the second straight year.   I only use the "star" analogy to make the point, by the way, I don't think Petrino gives a aMm about it and probably does their own evaluation better than Rivals does - which is in stark contrast to how the old staff did it, by the way. 

THIS YEAR - I think he starts with the 4 star and above studs and works from there.  I think there will be few projects and a lot more defined players that already possess SEC size.  If you are a 3 star commit type and getting a scholarship offer from AR right now, I think you also are probably being made to understand that you have a limited time to mull this offer before the staff moves on and finds someone they like more.  I think we will be looking at a lot less scenarios like the 3 star Pine Bluff kid hesitating over his choice when it comes to an Arkansas offer.

Offline idiotghos

• Tush Hog
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »
Vandy

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 10:17:25 AM »
Vandy

Do you have a link to that?  Not doubting you just wondering if he was getting a scholarship.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline idiotghos

• Tush Hog
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 02:23:15 PM »

Do you have a link to that?  Not doubting you just wondering if he was getting a scholarship.

It's on davenport's blog that they gave him the late offer. 

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 20 queries.