Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Great recruiting news!  (Read 2593 times)

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
Re: Great recruiting news!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 08:43:40 AM »
Welcome to the board, Mr. Hales.

Beat me to it.

Cheater
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
Tapatalk keeps notifying me of a reply to my post. I mark read and it pops up again 15 mins later. I futured maybe it just missed me in this thread so I was just checking in.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
Brett will talk him out of that shit, and then talk him into football only at school. 

A 4 star qb.  Nice work coaches. 
This is what it takes to compete for a title. 

We just have to keep him focused on shit his senior year and pray some hot thing doesn't fuck with his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be a Junior this year.

Online ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »
Seriously, though, Hales is a solid quarterback.  Greenwood is doing something right.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
Seriously, though, Hales is a solid quarterback.  Greenwood is doing something right.

I watched their QB school this morning.  They have QB's coming into the system for at least the next 7 years.  It shows how much success you can have by putting resources into QB's and WR's.  It's basically the same thing Petrino did here.   
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
That's bullshit.  He has quite a few D2 offers and UCA just offered.  Yes, his dad is on the school board, but he started because he was the better QB last year.  I watched every game and it was obvious to anyone that watched them play.  Hales is a great HS QB, he just doesn't project as well in college as Connor.  They will be closer this year now that Connor has been in the offense for a year.  Hales has been in that system since he was a little kid.  He knows all of the reads, can throw it a mile and run over most defenses.  He put up almost 500 yards of offense on Benton in the Semis in the 1st half.

My apology.  I should have said no D-1 offers.

I wouldn't question Coach Jones' decision making, as I consider him to pretty much be in a class by himself in Arkansas High School coaching, but part of what makes him the best is knowing what will make his program work for him and everything involved with it.  I'm not questioning him.  To question the other young man's abilities is what I have done with my post, and that isn't fair.  I know you are not his dad.  You certainly know the Bulldog program better than me, and I totally respect that.  Honest to goodness, I apologize.  The Greenwood Bulldog football program is one of the most highly respected in not only Arkansas, but nation wide. 

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »
My apology.  I should have said no D-1 offers.

I wouldn't question Coach Jones' decision making, as I consider him to pretty much be in a class by himself in Arkansas High School coaching, but part of what makes him the best is knowing what will make his program work for him and everything involved with it.  I'm not questioning him.  To question the other young man's abilities is what I have done with my post, and that isn't fair.  I know you are not his dad.  You certainly know the Bulldog program better than me, and I totally respect that.  Honest to goodness, I apologize.  The Greenwood Bulldog football program is one of the most highly respected in not only Arkansas, but nation wide.

The bolded part is all I care about.  Hales has been ripped pretty good by a lot of people including Greenwood people so I have become pretty defensive of him because of how hard he plays.  I'm a Ft Smith guy, my kid transferred to Greenwood 2 years ago so I am not a card carrying member of the cult, at least not yet.  But, I have watched Hales and all of the other kids work their tails off and he doesn't deserve what people say about him on Fearless and other message boards.  Connor and Luke seem to have a great relationship.  I've heard a lot of people say after Arkansas offered that Connor is good enough for Arkansas, but not Greenwood?  I applaud Connor for staying with it.  In this day and age a lot of kids would have transferred to another school.  I will say this, Connor may very well be the starter this year.  He is bigger, stronger, and faster than last year. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
So wjat,  is greenwood the neuvo pulaski academy?
No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 11:31:44 PM »
I watched their QB school this morning.

You need a better vacation planner.
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »

I know this post is dripping with sarcasm, but I've found that one of my favorite things to do is watch my kids play sports.  The fact that they play football is just that much better, but on multiple times, I've sat in the scorching sun watching my son find a way to get through an August practice all the way to a freezing November game.  Love it and if I have to take vacation, time well spent, because its all going to be over in just a few short years so I'm taking it all it in while I can.   

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
I know this post is dripping with sarcasm, but I've found that one of my favorite things to do is watch my kids play sports.  The fact that they play football is just that much better, but on multiple times, I've sat in the scorching sun watching my son find a way to get through an August practice all the way to a freezing November game.  Love it and if I have to take vacation, time well spent, because its all going to be over in just a few short years so I'm taking it all it in while I can.   
I got 6 years, miss it.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »

Yeah, I was just fucking with him.
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »

When is the little league world series?

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Never skips leg day.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

Yeah, I was just fucking with him.

High school football is serious business and not to be trifled with.
Homies help homies.  Always.

Online HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • King of the Hogs
  • #YourMom
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »

He coulda gone to the WSOP or something.
It’s that thing were two jacked midgets paint themselves orange and you have to parallel park between them.

Offline Splurge

• Resident Wooooo-pigger
  • King of the Hogs
  • My shoes cost more than your house
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
Love all the rhetorical posts.  I'm just a dad that loves watching his kids having fun playing the sport they love.  I'd probably be the same way if they were passionate about band, although, I am secretly glad neither care for it because I don't know if I could handle them practicing in the house all the time.  Witnessing them experience a few life lessons on the way is an added benefit (although it can sometimes be hard to watch - e.g. don't chug that water or your going to see it again very soon).

Offline dhog

• A Shoat
  • Go HOGS Go!!!
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
Love all the rhetorical posts.  I'm just a dad that loves watching his kids having fun playing the sport they love.  I'd probably be the same way if they were passionate about band, although, I am secretly glad neither care for it because I don't know if I could handle them practicing in the house all the time.  Witnessing them experience a few life lessons on the way is an added benefit (although it can sometimes be hard to watch - e.g. don't chug that water or your going to see it again very soon).

Keep it up and enjoy every second of it while you can. I watched two (now 30 & 26) and it was some of the best highlights of raising them.   :beer:

Online Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
Keep it up and enjoy every second of it while you can. I watched two (now 30 & 26) and it was some of the best highlights of raising them.   :beer:

Same here.
Cuz friends don't waste wine when there's words to sell

Offline PBHogcaller

• Wild Hog
  • I'm the Juggernaut!! BITCH!!!!
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 02:36:51 PM »
I haven't had any kids

(because i'm a male)
"cricket noise"

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »

I agree. I've put a lot of my hobbies (like going to WSOP) on hold for my kids activities and I'd do it all over again in a second. It's the most enjoyable thng in the world to me. 

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »

Indeed

Offline Hatchclan

• CBB, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • A Shoat
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2016, 07:29:57 AM »
My wife and I miss watching our boys compete in sports. Yes, it was a grind when we were chasing 3 kids through 3 different sports for much of the year, but it was all worth it. My youngest will turn 30 next year so it has been a while  :'( On the bright side: my grandson is only 5-6 years from being able to participate in organized sports.
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 34 queries.