Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stop it.  (Read 205437 times)

Offline Hog Leg

• 12th son of the Lama
  • Wild Hog
Re: Stop it.
« Reply #3975 on: October 28, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »
I was shopping at 2am at a Neighborhood Market.  I picked out more than I planned and had half a cart's worth of items.  I went to the front and there were no checkers.  This wasn't a concern because other times this late someone had stopped stocking and checked me out.  I stood at the front for about 2 minutes before a manager walked past. 

"May I help you?" 
"Yeah, I'm ready to check out."
"Well, the self checkouts are working," she said as she continued on her way.
After she took a few steps, I asked her, "Noone's checking tonight?  Who do you have putting?"
"Putting what?"
"Putting all of this aMm back where I got it from."

I can't be the only person to leave a cart full of crap in front of those self checkouts.

Did you pocket the ephedrine?

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #3976 on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:28 AM »
I don't know what the frick is wrong with you people.  The self-checkout is the second greatest invention of all time, right next to the smart phone.  Anything that keeps me from having to actually interact with a stranger in real life is A-Okay in my book.
I can't explain it; there's some kind of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue.  It makes you feel, like, really sick and tired and you're able to fall asleep.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #3977 on: October 29, 2014, 07:32:57 AM »
I don't know what the frick is wrong with you people.  The self-checkout is the second greatest invention of all time, right next to the smart phone.  Anything that keeps me from having to actually interact with a stranger in real life is A-Okay in my book.
Exactly.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #3978 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:42 AM »
Scan my three items myself and then leave? Or wait behind three families with two carts each. Hmm tough call.

I guess you guys walk inside when you buy gas because you hate pay-at-the-pump, too?

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #3979 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »

I guess you guys walk inside when you buy gas because you hate pay-at-the-pump, too?

um, how else am i going to get my skoal and budweiser?
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3980 on: October 29, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
um, how else am i going to get my skoal and budweiser?

Probably with an EBT card, if Mark Pryor is re-elected.

Offline goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #3981 on: October 29, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
Probably with an EBT card, if Mark Pryor is re-elected.

still have to walk into the store though.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3982 on: October 29, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
still have to walk into the store though.

You can use your Obamaphone to call the clerk and have it delivered to you.

Offline Joe Swine

• I backtraced it, Doc.
  • King of the Hogs
  • I can guess the rest
« Reply #3983 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Pumps will be fitted a scratch off dispenser.

<mom joke>

Offline TexZilla

• Boar
« Reply #3984 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
Id use the self checkout if it were more efficient and actually worked as good as pay at the pump.  My experience in most stores is that most have gone with really shoddy systems with poor GUIs and awful scanners, and they don't do well with things to be measured like produce.

The real issue is I usually see folks starting at the self line as I pull up to my checker and they are still there wrestling with the machine as Im pushing my cart out.  As there is often a line at the self check line, one has to also factor in the incompetence of the folks in front of you to manage the stupidity of the system in place, plus their speed in sacking their aMm.

I also hate that fricking bell at the checkout line, and the little whoops from the checkers when some dolt dings it.  Kroger here is eat up with that aMm.  Also the "do you want to give a dollar for dick cancer?" when I already said NO on the card scanner when it asked me about dick cancer.

Offline livnlarge

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #3985 on: October 29, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
Id use the self checkout if it were more efficient and actually worked as good as pay at the pump.  My experience in most stores is that most have gone with really shoddy systems with poor GUIs and awful scanners, and they don't do well with things to be measured like produce.

The real issue is I usually see folks starting at the self line as I pull up to my checker and they are still there wrestling with the machine as Im pushing my cart out.  As there is often a line at the self check line, one has to also factor in the incompetence of the folks in front of you to manage the stupidity of the system in place, plus their speed in sacking their aMm.

I also hate that fricking bell at the checkout line, and the little whoops from the checkers when some dolt dings it.  Kroger here is eat up with that aMm.  Also the "do you want to give a dollar for dick cancer?" when I already said NO on the card scanner when it asked me about dick cancer.

I think it's called "cancer of the prick."

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • https://www.hogblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1964-Razorback-Logo.png
« Reply #3986 on: October 29, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
If I only have one or two items, sure I'll use the self checkout.  The chances of it screwing up, or me screwing it up, are reduced greatly with a simple purchase.
The one time I have tried to use the thing with a large number of items made me mad enough to decide I'll never do it again.  I'm pretty mellow, but by the time I finished I wanted to punch people.

Did you pocket the ephedrine?
as far as anyone else knows, no.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #3987 on: October 30, 2014, 07:10:50 AM »
If I only have one or two items, sure I'll use the self checkout.  The chances of it screwing up, or me screwing it up, are reduced greatly with a simple purchase.

Yea, I don't use it when I'm buying groceries.  The most I'll go through with is when it's time to stock my work locker with snacks.  And then you're looking at 5-6 items.
I can't explain it; there's some kind of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue.  It makes you feel, like, really sick and tired and you're able to fall asleep.

Offline HarrisonHog

• A Shoat
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3988 on: October 30, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »
All the self checkouts do, is keep some 18 yr. old from getting a job. Never use one myself. I have also left carts of groceries sitting in walmarks because there were not enough checker outers.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #3989 on: October 30, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
All the self checkouts do, is keep some 18 yr. old from getting a job. Never use one myself. I have also left carts of groceries sitting in walmarks because there were not enough checker outers.

Congrats on exhibiting the behavior of a spoiled six year old girl.

Your reactions to the football program happenings make so much more sense now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:59:54 AM by Tusk till Dawn »
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3990 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »

All automobiles do is keep some horse carriage maker from having a job. I leave aMm blocking the road if there aren't enough horses on it.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3991 on: October 30, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
All automobiles do is keep some horse carriage maker from having a job. I leave aMm blocking the road if there aren't enough horses on it.

I voted against the minimum wage increase because it didn't apply to the robot checkers.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3992 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »

I voted against the minimum wage increase because it didn't apply to the robot checkers.

Forget Prime, you're lucky to get Mid-grade Directive at eight bucks an hour.

Offline ColdPork

• Boar
« Reply #3993 on: October 30, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »

All clean energy does is cause coal miners to lose jobs.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3994 on: October 30, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »

All fiscally sustainable clean energy chosen by the market does is cause coal miners to lose jobs.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #3995 on: October 30, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »
You can use your Obamaphone to call the clerk and have it delivered to you.

And I believe those items are covered as essential health benefits in certain regions of the country.  Who says those bronze plans are no good.
9:20 Arkansas ARK TD  Player passed to Player to the left for 6 yard gain (Adam McFain made PAT)

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.