Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Should Jeff Long be fired tonight?

Oh hell yes.
139 (79.4%)
Fuck no, we love pepsi.
36 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 174

Author Topic: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him  (Read 13653 times)

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • Great Minds Drink Alike
Re: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
Most of Long's bosses are academic/business types in charge of the whole university and/or university system of which Razorback athletics is but a sliver.  Their attention and interest lie elsewhere.  As long as the athletic department isn't costing them significant money, isn't causing them significant problems, and isn't putting the university in a negative light they're satisfied.  For them, sports championships are a nice bonus but no more significant (and perhaps less so) than if the business or engineering schools win a national award.
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
Most of Long's bosses are academic/business types in charge of the whole university and/or university system of which Razorback athletics is but a sliver.  Their attention and interest lie elsewhere.  As long as the athletic department isn't costing them significant money, isn't causing them significant problems, and isn't putting the university in a negative light they're satisfied.  For them, sports championships are a nice bonus but no more significant (and perhaps less so) than if the business or engineering schools win a national award.

Ding ding ding.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »
Most of Long's bosses are academic/business types in charge of the whole university and/or university system of which Razorback athletics is but a sliver.  Their attention and interest lie elsewhere. 

Which if true would mean he really doesn't have any bosses.  Not if he is the AD and athletics are but a sliver.

And if they cared about the negative light, they would have come down hard on him in 2012.  Of course, maybe he threw Bobby under the bus to preserve himself.  Never know.  The simpletons sure thought he was a beacon of morality all of a sudden, and I'm sure he had absolutely nothing to do with Long on Integrity.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
you and wvhawgfan may both be partially right.  Maybe a culture shift happened after the Petrino incident (thanks jeff) and we just don't put an emphasis on results from the major sports anymore.  It's almost like we want to be Vandy without the academic reputation.  I'll bet if someone compared baseball, basketball, and football 2012/13 - 2016/17, Vandy's results and ours would be very similar in every sport.

It's clear nobody holds Long accountable for hiring decisions, salary negotiations, or any of the major things.  We just want to pretend to avoid lawsuits and make a profit.

if this is true fire errbody  :haironfire:

i've seen enough of a consensus here.  fuck it, fire errbody now.   :haironfire:
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Pinche Retardo
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
I blame John White. He was the one to put us on the road to Nerd Town.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2017, 04:51:38 PM »
I blame John White. He was the one to put us on the road to Nerd Town.
I don't know. Smarts was never Nutt's strong point.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Pinche Retardo
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:35 PM »
I don't know. Smarts was never Nutt's strong point.

Nutt is a dork not a nerd. Nutt got hired though because nerd ass White got involved with athletics. White seemed determined to turn us into Georgia Tech.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2017, 05:06:12 PM »

Nutt is a dork not a nerd. Nutt got hired though because nerd ass White got involved with athletics. White seemed determined to turn us into Georgia Tech.
Agreed. White was an ass. I work with a few GT grads. They are nothing special.

However, a couple of my favorite profs were GT grads, so there is an exception.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »
if this is true fire errbody  :haironfire:

i've seen enough of a consensus here.  fuck it, fire errbody now.   :haironfire:

Be careful.  There are more than a few here that have put so many eggs into Long's basket that they'll castigate you for even joking about firing everyone.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline mde114

• Boar
Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »

This cat gets it.

Throw in a bunch of Texans as students, and this ain't the University of Arkansas most of us knew growing up.

Aaawooo, indeed.

Offline Hatchclan

• CBB, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2017, 05:24:30 AM »
This cat gets it.

Throw in a bunch of Texans as students, and this ain't the University of Arkansas most of us knew growing up.

Aaawooo, indeed.
For as long as I can remember there has been a ton of texas(spit) students at the UofA. I pumped gas [(for you mellenials that would be at a full service gas station) wait....mellenials probably don`t even know what one of those is]  from `79 to about `88 and saw a ton of TX license plates.
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 38 queries.