Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DWRRS Time-Lapse Construction Video  (Read 15407 times)

Offline USAFHawg

• Boar
Re: DWRRS Time-Lapse Construction Video
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:38 AM »
I have never had a wifi issue in the stadium.  I don't know what y'all are doing wrong.

I'm not an expert on all things cell phone, but Joe-Blow sitting in the bleachers isn't using WiFi, correct? They are using cell towers. I'm assuming you have WiFi due to you working for ESPN?

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
They've had the North video board running an alternating blue/green/red/white test pattern for two days now.  Sumbitch is going to be bright. 

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Boar
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
Razorback Stadium getting $6 million dollar WiFi upgrade.  :maundoed:

Still won't get a signal during games, I bet.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-will-use-part-new-137-million-multimedia-contract-improve-stadium-wifi

According to Michael Smith of the Sports Business Journal, the school on Monday agreed to a 10-year, $137 million multimedia contract extension with IMG College. With all $137 million guaranteed, this deal is one of the largest of its kind in the country. IMG College will continue to be in charge of all multimedia rights distribution for all television and radio coverage of Arkansas athletics.

Smith says at least $6 million is specifically dedicated to upgrades of the WiFi at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. According to Kevin McGuire of College Football Talk, Arkansas had previously upgraded its stadium’s WiFi in 2014 but is trying to stay ahead of the curve of innovation with these funds.

McGuire also reports that the WiFi upgrades are not limited to the football stadium and that they are set to be implemented at a variety of the program’s athletic venues. The timetable for when the upgrades will be complete has not been announced.

Wifi password is "Bertisfat17"
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2017, 11:40:56 AM »
They've had the North video board running an alternating blue/green/red/white test pattern for two days now.  Sumbitch is going to be bright.

south has been in blue and green and it's the same.  if they light it up like in the past on a friday night in red you'll be able to see it from winslow
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
south has been in blue and green and it's the same.  if they light it up like in the past on a friday night in red you'll be able to see it from winslow

I'll tell some of them to go have a look between meth batches.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
Wifi password is "Bertisfat17"

I thought it was going to be "S+oreBedSheet5nSecondHa1f"

Online OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »

I agree.  I drove into Fayetteville last night while they were doing the color test on the north screen.  When I topped the hill on 49 just south of town, I thought they had the whole stadium lit up in red until I noticed it was just the new board.  Pretty impressive.

Does anyone know if they're doing this on a regular schedule?  I'd like to see how it looks from the top of the hill I live on which is several miles south of town.
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline SooieeecidalTendencies

• Born in the shadow of a nuclear reactor and weaned on Whatta-Burgers
  • A Shoat
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »
I'm not an expert on all things cell phone, but Joe-Blow sitting in the bleachers isn't using WiFi, correct? They are using cell towers. I'm assuming you have WiFi due to you working for ESPN?

JoeBlow in the stands is using cellular data more than likely (4G, LTE). Verizon has a site on top of Markham hill along Sang Ave. Back in the ALLTEL days it was a mobile telephone switching office. Capacity was added in 2001 to handle traffic but never really worked well as far as cellular data was concerned and after everyone started carrying smart phones. The rumor was Southwestern Bell had a mini cellular tower in the stadium when the expansion was done in 2001, and their name was below the original scoreboard as they had the majority of the University of Arkansas' wireless accounts.

In recent years the stadium Wi-Fi was improved but still lacked in capacity. Not sure, but I suspect the large drums with the Razorback logo seen around the upper levels of the stadium had something to do with the Wi-Fi improvement. I could be wrong.

I hope it's improved for streaming purposes and to watch other games via the ESPN app while sitting in my seat, but I have my doubts. Since the score updates on the current ribbon boards in the stadium are pretty much non-existent, it would be nice to have some sort of data capability to check scores at least.
R.I.P. zark

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 36 queries.