Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2017 High School Football  (Read 1194 times)

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
2017 High School Football
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »
I thought I'd get a new 2017 HS football thread started rather than putting this in last year's thread.

A couple of PA announcements this week:
The Bruins traveled last weekend to Dallas for the USA football Invitational. The Bruins defeated Mesquite Poteet (TX) in the 1st round a 5A semifinalist last year and eventual tournament champion. The Bruins beat Oologah (Ok) the 3-A runner up a year age and  beat Derby KS who are back to back 5A champions in Kansas. PA defeated two other TX large schools before defeating national Oklahoma power Tulsa Union. The Bruins were defeated in the semi-finals by Perennial 6A power John Tyler out of Dallas 25-24. A controversial scoreboard error led the Bruins into believing the score was tied however after the game we were informed Carter had won by one point.

PA will do a team camp at Lake Hamilton Tuesday night and transition toward the 11on11 season.

Also announced today:
On September 15th the Bruins will host Parkway Bossier (LA) in a LIVE nationally televised game on ESPN. Parkway is headlined by TCU commit Justin Rogers who has 30 Power 5 offers. The Panthers also have the #1 rated receiver in the nation; Terrance Marshall has 25 division 1 offers, including Arkansas.

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
Re: 2017 High School Football
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:50:20 AM »
Is PA hosting at their stadium?  That place is not player friendly, some would argue unsafe due to the limited sideline space on the visitor side.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »
Is PA hosting at their stadium?  That place is not player friendly, some would argue unsafe due to the limited sideline space on the visitor side.

I'd argue there's less sideline space on the home side.

If I'm PA, I'd worry more about their stadium looking like shit on TV. All the camera will see is that hokey little 7 or 8 rows of bleachers. The likes of Nashville and Ashdown provide better seating than that.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:24:39 AM by Stephen Colboar »
I really hope Hillary can run in 2016 and wins

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »
Has Bryant burned to the ground or been dissolved by acid rain yet? Or their shitass stadium football field been swallowed by a sinkhole? One can always hope. Maybe the Saline County landfill will catch fire and burn the entire town in a smoldering cauldron of tires, front runners, and Sardis.

Offline Porkerfrombehind

• A Shoat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
Fuck PA

Offline deesnutts

• Wild Hog
  • you only live, til you die
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »

If I'm PA, I'd worry more about their stadium looking like shit on TV. All the camera will see is that hokey little 7 or 8 rows of bleachers. The likes of Nashville and Ashdown provide better seating than that.
Yes and yes.  Not much room on either sideline.  There was an incident a few years ago where a player hit a wall just out of bounds on the home side.  It has since been padded.  It is a small stadium.  Honestly other than the turf field and the addition of the workout facility in the West end zone, it hasn't changed much since the 90's. 

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:47:51 AM »
Has Bryant burned to the ground or been dissolved by acid rain yet? Or their shitass stadium football field been swallowed by a sinkhole? One can always hope. Maybe the Saline County landfill will catch fire and burn the entire town in a smoldering cauldron of tires, front runners, and Sardis.

I don't know why, but throwing Sardis in there cracked me up.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »
There's a reason they call Bauxite's field "The Pit".
<--- I'm with him

Offline PHARMHOG

• Boar
  • Master of Frugality
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »
Yes and yes.  Not much room on either sideline.  There was an incident a few years ago where a player hit a wall just out of bounds on the home side.  It has since been padded.  It is a small stadium.  Honestly other than the turf field and the addition of the workout facility in the West end zone, it hasn't changed much since the 90's.

Seems Hatcherville has enough room to add a couple of stadiums....one for practice....one to practice practicing....one for Jr High.....one for Sr High.
Pleeeeasse don't report me to the moderator.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »

I'll say 99% of the stadiums class 4A and above have better seating than PA. Why a school with so much money has such a POS stadium is baffling to me.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
I'll say 99% of the stadiums class 4A and above have better seating than PA. Why a school with so much money has such a POS stadium is baffling to me.

Most of the 4A schools in the state receive about $6500 for every student enrolled.  That money pays for everything in a public school for curriculum and extracurricular.  I don't think PA has a 4A school enrollment (around 2000 K-12), and they receive zero dollars from the state.  Throw in the "scholarshipped" players (0 tuition), and you can see that PA has a pretty nice setup when considering all of the money comes from donation.

I have no clue what tuition is at PA.  The average 4A public school will get around $13 million per year from the state from property and personal taxes.  Maybe somebody who sends their kid to PA will supply the tuition cost, and the approximate enrollment for a comparison.

Please don't make me defend PA again. 

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »
Most of the 4A schools in the state receive about $6500 for every student enrolled.  That money pays for everything in a public school for curriculum and extracurricular.  I don't think PA has a 4A school enrollment (around 2000 K-12), and they receive zero dollars from the state.  Throw in the "scholarshipped" players (0 tuition), and you can see that PA has a pretty nice setup when considering all of the money comes from donation.

I have no clue what tuition is at PA.  The average 4A public school will get around $13 million per year from the state from property and personal taxes.  Maybe somebody who sends their kid to PA will supply the tuition cost, and the approximate enrollment for a comparison.

If they have enough money to go play in CA, FL, TX, and Utah, I would think they could find enough money laying around to improve the seating/stadium.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »
Bryant is in the very early stages of upgrading their facilities. Bauxite may be following suit, I've heard a lot of students athletes are opting for Bauxite because they can play there instead of riding the bench at Bryant. Bryant is the fastest growing outer burb of central Arkansas.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »

Is this really a poor ol' PA doesn't get state funds angle?
Seriously?
Do you really think PA tuition is less than $6500 per year?
Jesus Christ. I bet it's at least double.

Yeah that Ashdown school district is just rolling in state funds.

(pssst...  many public school athletic facilities are privately funded in some form)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:50:43 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I really hope Hillary can run in 2016 and wins

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
Bryant is in the very early stages of upgrading their facilities. Bauxite may be following suit, I've heard a lot of students athletes are opting for Bauxite because they can play there instead of riding the bench at Bryant. Bryant is the fastest growing outer burb of central Arkansas.
Lots of kids going to bauxite. Harmony Grove too now that they have football.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

It is $13K a year counting books and fees for a Sr this year.
PA has just over a hundred students per class on average. 

They really need to upgrade the stadium.  There is really not much room to add seats though.  It is crammed in between buildings and the neighborhood.  They were going to move to school out to Denny Rd several years ago just before Fellowship Bible Church sold them their church.  That added some room on the other end of campus from the stadium. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:15:43 PM by SpiderHam »

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »
Is this really a poor ol' PA doesn't get state funds angle?
Seriously?
Do you really think PA tuition is less than $6500 per year?
Jesus Christ. I bet it's at least double.

Yeah that Ashdown school district is just rolling in state funds.

(pssst...  many public school athletic facilities are privately funded in some form)

I'm nowhere close to a shill for PA. Calling a spade a spade. You kind of pick and chose what you wanted to read from my post. Looks like PA has about 1000 kids K-12. No telling how many pay no tuition or reduced tuition. They do spend a lot of money to travel and have 4 or 5 different uniforms etc. . Psst, I know a little bit about how public schools fund athletics. I just play a dumb guy on here sometimes.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »
I'm nowhere close to a shill for PA. Calling a spade a spade. You kind of pick and chose what you wanted to read from my post. Looks like PA has about 1000 kids K-12. No telling how many pay no tuition or reduced tuition. They do spend a lot of money to travel and have 4 or 5 different uniforms etc. . Psst, I know a little bit about how public schools fund athletics. I just play a dumb guy on here sometimes.
Author, they get equipment from Adidas.  I don't know if that is specific to the school or tied to Kelly somehow.  They are supplied cleats and uniforms by Addidas.  They have 7 different uniforms and 2 different helmets.

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
The Bentonville School Board surprised many recently with a vote to earmark $2 million to build a stadium at the new West High School.

Board's stadium move draws mixed reviews
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »
Lots of kids going to bauxite. Harmony Grove too now that they have football.

Our kid transferred out of Bryant for another sport. Mainly cause the coach was a dick. HG and Bauxite have both reaped the benefits in sports outside of football.
<--- I'm with him

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »
The Bentonville School Board surprised many recently with a vote to earmark $2 million to build a stadium at the new West High School.

Board's stadium move draws mixed reviews

Sounds like they did it in the typical government shady way.  However, how could they justify spending 1 million to neutralize Tiger stadium and not just spend 2 million to finish the other stadium?  Who came up with the idea of spending 1 million to neutralize a home field that was just built?   
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 35 queries.