Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Enrollment, campus growth  (Read 147996 times)

Online papermill

• King of the Hogs
Re: Enrollment, campus growth
« Reply #1550 on: July 10, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
Hillary?

Nope, the lack of a pants suit is a dead giveaway.  She is PIAPS after all.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1551 on: July 10, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »

your delta tau chi name is bacon

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sinbad O'Connor
« Reply #1552 on: July 10, 2016, 02:45:27 PM »
Where is the Lambda Lambda Lambda house going?

right next to the Mu's.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1553 on: July 24, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Looks like the campus entrance at MLK and Razorback Rd is also being redone right now.

First pic is the Stadium Drive entry, from the north, next to FHS.  There was a small, red brick "U of A" sign thing there before.  They're rebuilding the gateway as a long rock wall along MLK.  Second two pics are the start of work at Razorback Rd.  I'd estimate the area torn up for this project is 100 ft along MLK there.  They knocked down the red brick "University of Arkansas" curved walls there.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1554 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »
Went to mod to say "viewed from the north", to not be as confusing.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #1555 on: July 24, 2016, 05:30:28 PM »
I've noticed the Lewis and Clark store at the garage has gone belly up. Seems to be quite a few vacancies there now. Last Football season,I noticed that the bookstore in the Union had dropped it's Bed Bath and Beyond stuff as well.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sinbad O'Connor
« Reply #1556 on: July 24, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
I've noticed the Lewis and Clark store at the garage has gone belly up. Seems to be quite a few vacancies there now. Last Football season,I noticed that the bookstore in the Union had dropped it's Bed Bath and Beyond stuff as well.

they charge way too much rent for those stalls. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1557 on: August 18, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
Couple pics of the new stone wall being built on either side of the intersection of Razorback and 6th.

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1558 on: August 18, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »
Delta Gamma, which I think is only colonizing this semester, is already planning a 30,000 SF+ house on Maple, directly across the street from Sigma Chi.  I noticed fences up around that lot, but assumed it had been for the Maple Street bridge renovation project underway.

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1559 on: August 18, 2016, 02:38:55 PM »
New residence halls and an extension of Frat Row are planned for the area across Stadium Drive from Pomfret and south of Clinton/Center St, along Stadium Drive where the rent houses were demolished.  I guess they're planning for 30k students.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:43:53 PM by wmr »

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1560 on: August 25, 2016, 12:08:54 PM »
27,056 on campus in Fayetteville this fall.  Growth seems to have slowed down, but I think that's good.  Slightly more OOS students than in-state in the freshman class.

http://talkbusiness.net/2016/08/university-of-arkansas-fayetteville-enrollment-exceeds-27000-this-fall/

Academic quality up, too:

“We did this while enhancing the academic quality of this class, which comes to the university with a record overall high school grade point average of 3.68, and an ACT score average of 26.3. In this freshman class 25% of the students are in the top 10% of their high school classes, and more than half of them are in the top 25.”
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:12:46 PM by wmr »

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #1561 on: August 25, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
Looks like the campus entrance at MLK and Razorback Rd is also being redone right now.

First pic is the Stadium Drive entry, from the north, next to FHS.  There was a small, red brick "U of A" sign thing there before.  They're rebuilding the gateway as a long rock wall along MLK.  Second two pics are the start of work at Razorback Rd.  I'd estimate the area torn up for this project is 100 ft along MLK there.  They knocked down the red brick "University of Arkansas" curved walls there.
i guess that lot is no longer for tailgating? For years that's where we tailgated
to be honest, apart from my support of ISIS,  I hate your food.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1562 on: August 25, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
Delta Gamma, which I think is only colonizing this semester, is already planning a 30,000 SF+ house on Maple, directly across the street from Sigma Chi.  I noticed fences up around that lot, but assumed it had been for the Maple Street bridge renovation project underway.
DG? Eh
Where exactly is it going in...did someone finally demolish that POS house across he street...still doesn't seem like a large enough lot for that big of a house. Aren't there parking lots on either side of it for the church and then for farmhouse or whatever bullshit there is across from old main?

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1563 on: August 25, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »
DG? Eh
Where exactly is it going in...did someone finally demolish that POS house across he street...still doesn't seem like a large enough lot for that big of a house. Aren't there parking lots on either side of it for the church and then for farmhouse or whatever bullshit there is across from old main?

Directly across Maple from Sigma Chi, at the SW corner of Maple & Gregg.  Yeah, the house is gone and there is some temporary gravel parking set up there right now.

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1564 on: August 25, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »
i guess that lot is no longer for tailgating? For years that's where we tailgated

They didn't remove the lot.  Maybe a total of about 15 parking spaces, closest to MLK are all that is gone.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1565 on: August 25, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »
Directly across Maple from Sigma Chi, at the SW corner of Maple & Gregg.  Yeah, the house is gone and there is some temporary gravel parking set up there right now.
im looking on google maps and that seems like an awfully small lot for 30k sqft home...wtf will they park their cars? Are they just trying to cram as much as humanly possible onto this fucking campus? Judas

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1566 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
im looking on google maps and that seems like an awfully small lot for 30k sqft home...wtf will they park their cars?

It's a comparable lot to AOP which is 30,000 sq ft.

Are they just trying to cram as much as humanly possible onto this fucking campus? Judas

You bet your ass they are.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1567 on: August 25, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
It's a comparable lot to AOP which is 30,000 sq ft.

You bet your ass they are.
judas. And above someone mentioned they were only taking 15 spaces from that parking lot...looks like all of them from your pic. Where will those random farmhouse peeps park? Fuck...where does anyone fucking park on this campus where the university doesn't require them to be exhorted for a parking pass at some exorbitant fee

Online wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #1568 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »
judas. And above someone mentioned they were only taking 15 spaces from that parking lot...looks like all of them from your pic.

You asked about parking being removed while quoting a post about the new rock walls being built along MLK.

Now you're referring to a site plan for something on the complete opposite end of campus. 

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sinbad O'Connor
« Reply #1569 on: August 25, 2016, 02:34:31 PM »
j Fuck...where does anyone fucking park on this campus where the university doesn't require them to be exhorted for a parking pass at some exorbitant fee

Baum Stadium or Harps.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Wild Hog
« Reply #1570 on: August 25, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »
You asked about parking being removed while quoting a post about the new rock walls being built along MLK.

Now you're referring to a site plan for something on the complete opposite end of campus.

She's on a roll, just go with it.
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 34 queries.