Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Razorback Softball  (Read 1172 times)

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Re: Razorback Softball
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
I have only two words to add:

Wow.

I forgot the other one.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
What sanction and class were these "National Championships"?

USSSA - A and B

The '03 team from Bentonville is incredible.  Bentonville HS right now is ranked #4 in the country, and West is catching them slowly. 

I don't know anything about softball recruiting or youth/high school softball, but none of the freshmen on this year's team are from Arkansas. Mary Haff just won her 3rd SEC freshman of the week award and she's from Florida. Our other starting pitcher, Autumn Storms, is a sophomore from California. Starting catcher Kayla Green is a freshman from California and she's been our best hitter in SEC play. Hannah McEwen leads the team in avg, hr and rbi ans is a freshman from California.

Yes, you all are right that FL and CA are the two best states, just like FL and TX in football.  AR is waaaayyy behind.  But we are making up ground.  It's the same as in football - we'll never be a top producer, just like we aren't in football.  But we're starting to put more and more players into top 25 schools.  I just named 3 that I know of earlier in this thread, and it with the crop of 12-15 year olds we have, it will continue to grow. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »
There’s a girl that lives 2miles from me that signed with FL St at 14. Thankfully one that lives 12 miles from me that signed with AR at 14.
You've got a beat on these high school girls.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Online Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »
You've got a beat on these high school girls.

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
Razorback Softball
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »
Bentonville has some players, Wacaser at West committed to Fla State as a fresh or soph. She can play.
They has had some girls worth taking a flyer on - mattie Paugh (?) being one.

Glad to see the program do well, softball is a blast to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haters gonna hate

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »
I have some in-law family on the team.

Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline USAFHawg

• Boar
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 07:00:17 AM »
USSSA - A and B

You realize this does nothing to compare you to Cali and Florida teams, right? I'm assuming it was one of U-Trips 32 or so "National Championships", since no Arkansas team is listed as a World Champion on the below link for 2016 or 2017.

http://v10.usssa.com/fastpitch/Worlds/#/?gdSport=16

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
You realize this does nothing to compare you to Cali and Florida teams, right? I'm assuming it was one of U-Trips 32 or so "National Championships", since no Arkansas team is listed as a World Champion on the below link for 2016 or 2017.

http://v10.usssa.com/fastpitch/Worlds/#/?gdSport=16

Yes. I know a little bit about it.

Not sure why you’re being so persistent here. Read what I’ve actually stated and not what you inferred and you’ll see.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 07:42:30 AM »
Here are the rankings...not sure where you saw those?
ESPN/USA Softball: #16 up 4 spots https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/College-Corner/2018-College-Corner/Top-25-Polls/Week-10
USA Today/NFCA Coaches: #16 up 3 spots https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/usa-todaynfca-coaches

Just thought I would help out.  :)

Thank you. I guess I looked at something out of date and didn't realize.  :cheers:

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »
I saw Coach Deifel with her husband and two young kids at the baseball game last night. Pretty cool she is supporting the baseball team as a fan.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline USAFHawg

• Boar
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
Yes. I know a little bit about it.

Not sure why you’re being so persistent here. Read what I’ve actually stated and not what you inferred and you’ll see.

I'm not sure what I'm inferring. You said, "AR softball was behind, but it’s catching up quickly." That statement isn't true. Using a "USSSA National Championship" to back it up doesn't help any. I'm guessing you have a kid on one of these teams and you were trying to say you hope she gets recruited to Arkansas. You should have just stuck with that instead of trying to convince us that Arkansas travel softball competes with "Premier" travel teams.

Also, using 1 or 2 players out of the state as an example doesn't really back it up either. That is like using Brandon Burlsworth as an example of why walk-ons are awesome. You will always have exceptions.

Online Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
I saw Coach Deifel with her husband and two young kids at the baseball game last night. Pretty cool she is supporting the baseball team as a fan.

Pants properly ironed, I hope?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 01:23:49 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm inferring. You said, "AR softball was behind, but it’s catching up quickly." That statement isn't true. Using a "USSSA National Championship" to back it up doesn't help any. I'm guessing you have a kid on one of these teams and you were trying to say you hope she gets recruited to Arkansas. You should have just stuck with that instead of trying to convince us that Arkansas travel softball competes with "Premier" travel teams.

Also, using 1 or 2 players out of the state as an example doesn't really back it up either. That is like using Brandon Burlsworth as an example of why walk-ons are awesome. You will always have exceptions.

I don't have a kid on one of these teams.  I just know.   

I never tried to convince anyone that our state is competing with CA and FL.  What I said is we are in the process of catching them.  AR softball started late (20 years ago), so it makes sense in a way that we are making up ground, especially with the growth of softball over the last 8 years.  Now, we will never ever actually catch them because of the numbers.  FL and CA are not only better weather states, but they're also 10 times or more the size of us.  It takes a while just to get back to proper ratios.  Understand? 

OK is the national champ and has 4 players from OK, plus most players from CA.  That model is fine.  What I did point out is we actually have players going to places like FSU and KY now (both ranked), so those are the types of AR players we can recruit.  And we should now.  Never hurts to have an in-state player or three.  We appear to be getting there.  Success breeds success, no different than football or basketball.  The recruiting process being moved back to age 16ish instead of 12ish will help AR as well.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »

Pants properly ironed, I hope?

she's not one of those softball players.    :dude2:

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.