Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Memorial Day 2015  (Read 246 times)

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
Memorial Day 2015
« on: May 23, 2015, 02:14:54 PM »
Let's get it started.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
Re: Memorial Day 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »
The special ladyfriend's birthday is tomorrow, so grilling flank steak and pork, pineapples, tomatillos,  veggies, corn and fixings for a build your own taco party.  Icing down plenty of Abita, the lady made 100 lime jello shots, and plenty of booze on hand.  Happy weekend ya'll.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »
I believe the second post missed the intent of the first.

Adam Brown to be honored in this week's NASCAR race.

http://www.blog.generalmills.com/#article/19525
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:17:56 PM by notaslibro »

Offline houstondalenuttindaface

• A Shoat
  • Cashin checks, gettin sex
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »
My great uncle was on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific during WWII.  He was a maintenance crewman, and he and his buddy were eating dinner below deck one night.  One of them was told to do some work on deck, and I believe my uncle told his friend to hang out down below because he would take care of whatever task was assigned.  Not more than an hour later, a kamikaze pilot flew into the deck, killing my great uncle.  My family knows this because his friend made a point to tell my great grandmother what happened.  This is what I think about on Memorial Day.  Keep all military families in mind on Monday (between beers, of course).
I seen my light come shinin,
from the west down to the east,
anyday now, anyday now,
Frank shall be released

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »
I just hope people will remember this day is for those who died. Not those who served. Every year I see people posting on their friends or family's Facebook thanking them for their service. That holiday is in November. It probably shouldn't bug me but it does.
why don't you eat a big bowl of tainted Blue Bell and shut the ever living fuck up.

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »
I just hope people will remember this day is for those who died. Not those who served. Every year I see people posting on their friends or family's Facebook thanking them for their service. That holiday is in November. It probably shouldn't bug me but it does.
Does it also bug you if they did not die while serving and in battle, but at a later date?

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 05:55:23 PM »
Does it also bug you if they did not die while serving and in battle, but at a later date?

"Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans."
why don't you eat a big bowl of tainted Blue Bell and shut the ever living fuck up.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
To those who gave all.   :beer: 

Including a distant relative who died on the USS Helena on Dec. 7th, 1941.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 34 queries.