Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!  (Read 522175 times)

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
Re: Bread/Milk Alert. Storm of the century tonight!
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 12:35:39 AM »
Right now I'm looking forward to the first good snow, but I'm sure that as soon as I realize that people here expect me to function as if the world is not ending, I will no longer like it.

Indeed.  I was told Wash U has a pretty good reputation for nevar shutting down for weather.
The walk to the Metro tomorrow AM is going to be hazardous, to say the least.

Ahhh... a Washoo student?  Yep, that's U City. 

Yar, Wash U Med.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 12:36:39 AM »
SMcD's is awsome.  As is Pat's just around the corner.  

I wasn't doubting you, and as soon as I read my reply, I said to myself, "He must have a wood deck, you dumas."  I still can't believe it was almost 55 this morning when I biked Cliff Cave park.

Still haven't tried Pat's. I hear their fried chicken is pretty good... would you concur?  We normally get lazy and either just walk to SMcD's or La Gra.  We have been to Felix's quite a few times just to drink, and their ribs are actually pretty good.

*EDIT to say that I enjoy all the Wash U girls that shop at my Schnucks on Clayton.

Offline APhiOHog

• King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 12:39:18 AM »
SMcD's is awsome.  As is Pat's just around the corner.  

I wasn't doubting you, and as soon as I read my reply, I said to myself, "He must have a wood deck, you dumas."  I still can't believe it was almost 55 this morning when I biked Cliff Cave park.

I've been trying to get a crew to hit Pat's.  I'm getting tired of the CWE. 
Guess I should look up this Seamus McDaniel's after all the good PR from you guys.

Offline izual65

• Wild Hog
  • Bring teh Hate.
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 12:43:08 AM »
Back in 77'?  I think I remember...Wait, what were we talking about?

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »
BTW, if either of you have yet to try Pappy's Smokehouse where Lindell becomes Olive St...  I'm truly sorry.

And my apologies for the threadjack, but I just assumed with it being so quiet, everyone in NWA had already died in the Storm of the Century.
can't believe you even took the time to write that

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »
We went to that "vodka bar" place that has all the different burgers in CWE a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it.  That crepes place is fricking awesome for breakfast.  I've also been to Tom's a couple times since my girlfriend/fiance/life partner works at Barnes.  

As far as Seamus McDaniel's goes...  nothing fancy, but pretty good sandwich type stuff.  Typical Irish Pub fare (hence it being in Dogtown I guess).  LaGra is an Italian place across the street that has pizza, pasta, and Italian tapas or whatever for a decent price.  They also have decent drink specials every night.  Neither are usually very busy, kind of a neighborhood type thing, with Seamus McDaniel's being the more "well known" of the two.  

Offline APhiOHog

• King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 12:52:59 AM »
We went to that "vodka bar" place that has all the different burgers in CWE a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it.  That crepes place is fricking awesome for breakfast.  I've also been to Tom's a couple times since my girlfriend/fiance/life partner works at Barnes.  

As far as Seamus McDaniel's goes...  nothing fancy, but pretty good sandwich type stuff.  Typical Irish Pub fare (hence it being in Dogtown I guess).  LaGra is an Italian place across the street that has pizza, pasta, and Italian tapas or whatever for a decent price.  They also have decent drink specials every night.  Neither are usually very busy, kind of a neighborhood type thing, with Seamus McDaniel's being the more "well known" of the two.  

Tom's isn't bad at all, just looking for something a little new. 
There are definitely some good places in the CWE; I'm a big fan of the Strongbow on tap at Llewellyn's, myself.  And, being an impoverished student, $5 buckets at Bar Louie are ALWAYS in play.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 12:58:23 AM »
Tom's isn't bad at all, just looking for something a little new. 
There are definitely some good places in the CWE; I'm a big fan of the Strongbow on tap at Llewellyn's, myself.  And, being an impoverished student, $5 buckets at Bar Louie are ALWAYS in play.

I was not aware that Bar Louie had $5 buckets... that's nice to know.  I've only been there once and that was with some of the lady's fancy work people so that probably wouldn't have been appropriate at the time anyways.  Any tips on cheap drinks are always appreciated, as I went from full time job to impoverished student myself.

EDIT... And like Jar said, we just assumed that everyone in NWA was dead.  My apologies to any of you that wanted to say that you saw a snowflake shaped like a unicorn but felt like you couldn't get a word in.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:01:47 AM by ups_hog »

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »
Deweys and Pi for pizza in U City.  Chinese Noodle Cafe is in "The Loop" if you really want good... and cheap... asian food.

Offline Tampa

• Atomic Playboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • metromix
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »
How did this turn into a discussion of the St Louis gay district?     O0

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »

Not aMm happened in NWA-- except for a couple of lazy ass school districts shutting down for no reason- so this thread has to go somewhere.
"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

Eggzactly.  I hereby nominate this derailment as the worsest one of '08.

Back to the original fun, bread just hit $5 a loaf in Mountainburg; milkshakes were going for $7.50 at the Alma Sonic.  Almost had to just drink water for the morning fights that break out there.  Sadly enough, there was only enough snow powder to get Matt Jones one more game added to his suspension in northern Van Buren.  The Washington County road department threw out enough salt around the Bobby Hopper tunnel that we should see the deer/car accidents octuple for the month of December.  Nobody's heard a word from Joe Bob (whose in visiting from Nebraska and helping comfort deer widows) nor Razorgasm, who was supposed to do a photoshoot to get more Razorchix in the fold, but, apparently, the snow drifts are so high at Devil's Den state park, he will be cooped up in a cabin for the next 5 or 6 days with those poor girls who only brought swimsuits for the shoot.

Online notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 09:02:53 AM »
Eggzactly.  I hereby nominate this derailment as the worsest one of '08.

Back to the original fun, bread just hit $5 a loaf in Mountainburg; milkshakes were going for $7.50 at the Alma Sonic.  Almost had to just drink water for the morning fights that break out there.  Sadly enough, there was only enough snow powder to get Matt Jones one more game added to his suspension in northern Van Buren.  The Washington County road department threw out enough salt around the Bobby Hopper tunnel that we should see the deer/car accidents octuple for the month of December.  Nobody's heard a word from Joe Bob (whose in visiting from Nebraska and helping comfort deer widows) nor Razorgasm, who was supposed to do a photoshoot to get more Razorchix in the fold, but, apparently, the snow drifts are so high at Devil's Den state park, he will be cooped up in a cabin for the next 5 or 6 days with those poor girls who only brought swimsuits for the shoot.

The State Police have blocked off Michelle Duggar's vulva.  They expect her to open again by Sunday afternoon.  Nevertheless, Jim Bob has lashed tire chains to his nards in preparation for a late afternoon attempt.

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »

The State Police have blocked off Michelle Duggar's vulva.  They expect her to open again by Sunday afternoon.  Nevertheless, Jim Bob has lashed tire chains to his nards in preparation for a late afternoon attempt.

Something tells me he will persevere.

Eat me.

Offline APhiOHog

• King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 09:12:57 AM »
I was not aware that Bar Louie had $5 buckets... that's nice to know.  I've only been there once and that was with some of the lady's fancy work people so that probably wouldn't have been appropriate at the time anyways.  Any tips on cheap drinks are always appreciated, as I went from full time job to impoverished student myself.

EDIT... And like Jar said, we just assumed that everyone in NWA was dead.  My apologies to any of you that wanted to say that you saw a snowflake shaped like a unicorn but felt like you couldn't get a word in.

It's just Wednesday nights for the buckets.  They also have $1 burgers on Tuesdays.  Of course, mine end up being $2.50 apiece, but $5 for two bacon cheeseburgers is still a deal in my book.

And this derailment wouldn't have been needed had any of you lazy NWA mommafrickers bothered to post last night.  This thread ain't aMm.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »

Something tells me he will persevere.

Won't matter.  She gets pregnant when Jim Bob thinks about bedding her down; which is pretty often of course.  Disaster averted.  The Duggar plan to have earth's population sitting at exactly 7 billion when the Mayan calendar comes to an end on December 21, 2012, thus ending the human's habitation of earth, is safe.  7 billion is one of those perfect numbers you know.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
No wonder people from Elkins are so dumb, though maybe not as dumb as Mena or Bryant-ites.

They close at the drop of one flake.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Karl Pilkington
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »

Offline Jar2

• Yankee Proud
  • A Shoat
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »

I see you called in sick today. 

C3PHogO

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
Check out the 7 day forecast we are doomed starting next monday night.  :stunned: :stunned:

Online notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
Check out the 7 day forecast we are doomed starting next monday night.  :stunned: :stunned:

Rain?  Snow??  Laminated newsprint???

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• pussy on the chain wax
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 02:40:14 AM »
Batten down the hatches. Here it comes.

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »
Tomorrow won't be pretty. Might shut the entire state down.
I totally yielded.

Offline VerotiK

• Inventor of Kitten Mittens
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • All over your face
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 06:28:52 AM »
Its slick here.
If your woman is hideous, well, maybe don't come talk to me.  --Cerdo 2011

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »
Fayetteville school district, which is usually the last one to close and literally waits until 30 minutes before some schools start to make a decision, made their decision to close shockingly early today. 

I don't see much but I haven't driven today either.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.