Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2014 MLB and Fantasy Baseball Discussion  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Barton Fink

• Tush Hog
  • Bring it!
Re: 2014 MLB and Fantasy Baseball Discussion
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »
Agreed. Do they still have Chris Berman calling that event?  If so, I will continue to not watch.
Unfortunately, and amazingly he gets worse every year.
Cuz friends don't waste wine when there's words to sell

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2014, 09:02:09 AM »
I don't get the appeal of the home run derby. Home runs are (usually) only great plays because of what they accomplish, which is score runs and win games. Occasionally there is a really impressive home run that damn near leaves the stadium, but those are rare even in HR derby. But standing there clapping because Brian Dozier lined a BP pitch into the bullpen?  ::)

Slam dunk contests are pretty boring but at least they involve some creativity. Creative and impressive baseball plays are defensive. Why not build some exhibition around those?

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »
Berman was actually fairly tolerable last night.  He didn't do his usual shtick on every ball hit last night.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Buhleedat

• A Shoat
  • Grab some Pampers, aMm's fittin' to get real
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
Berman was actually fairly tolerable last night.  He didn't do his usual shtick on every ball hit last night.
If he's breathing, he's intolerable to me. 

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• Boar
Ender of threads!

Offline USAFHawg

• Boar
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
Should this go in the Awesome thread?

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/astros-kuechel-sends-message-to-heckler-with-baseball-072414

Hecklers are just as much a part of baseball as hot dogs and peanuts. Unfortunately, players sitting on the bench often get the brunt of it from opposing fans.
Houston Astros starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel apparently had an excellent idea to get in the final word with a heckler on his off-night during Wednesday's game in Oakland.

A fan reported that Keuchel tossed his heckler a ball, which stated: "Thanks for helping pay my salary for today - <3 #60"
Keuchel, who is becoming a rising star this season, even got in his shot without rewarding the fan with an autograph, instead opting for the heart and his jersey number.
Way to even the playing field, Keuchel.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
Earlier this week the Giants signed Dan Uggla and Mitchell Boggs on the same day and I was all, "LOL, sabotage." Tonight the Cardinals signed AJ Pierzynski. #karma

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
Craig Gentry got hit by a pitch in the hand the other day but the umpire called him back and called it a bunt. Anyway, broken hand, DL.  >:(

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
Should this go in the Awesome thread?

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/astros-kuechel-sends-message-to-heckler-with-baseball-072414

Hecklers are just as much a part of baseball as hot dogs and peanuts. Unfortunately, players sitting on the bench often get the brunt of it from opposing fans.
Houston Astros starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel apparently had an excellent idea to get in the final word with a heckler on his off-night during Wednesday's game in Oakland.

A fan reported that Keuchel tossed his heckler a ball, which stated: "Thanks for helping pay my salary for today - <3 #60"
Keuchel, who is becoming a rising star this season, even got in his shot without rewarding the fan with an autograph, instead opting for the heart and his jersey number.
Way to even the playing field, Keuchel.

Not a Hog, but Brandon Phillips did something similar this year.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2104000-reds-brandon-phillips-wins-battle-with-heckler-with-hilarious-message-on-ball

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• Boar
  • Do you even woopig, bro?
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »
Cardinals pick up RHP Justin Masterson. I like the move, he had some kinds to work out but has great stuff and was an all-star in '13.

Too bad he can hit clean up for us too.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.