Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can the Coaching Carousel begin?  (Read 237917 times)

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Re: Can the Coaching Carousel begin?
« Reply #4725 on: January 18, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »
If you're talking Longo, Freeze already snatched him up.

Freeze snatching Long would be the steal of the century.

For us.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Online aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4726 on: January 18, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »
It's weird, he's in a similar (though nowhere near the same) situation as to when Nutt hired him.   It's going to be hard for him to hand over keys to the offense to someone with even a slightly different philosophy.

I was just thinking about that while driving. There are some things that make me think of that point where Houston COULD HAVE let go and become a CEO coach.

Nutt ultimately failed because deep down he never just let his coaches coach. He over valued his own worth. As illustrated in that arkansas fight article about defense he actually hired and recruited fairly well...until he didn't. His OCs had basically become disposable scapegoats much like we are currently seeing with BB.

Gus is basically at that same cross roads where he's either going down with the Gus bus ship or he's going to hire his way into job security. It is hard for me to believe he's going to abandon the HUNH but I do believe he's going to have to hire a coach that he's willing to allow to do his own thing.

And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #4727 on: January 18, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »
I'm not sure Bert understands this but it's pert near Feb and we still really don't have heads on a platter. Allowing a DC to "save face" by taking a lateral position in which he didn't have to pay his buyout (presumably) is not exactly telling anyone how the cow eats the cabbage. I know sometimes things happen and teams just aren't very good. I get it...but no really somebody needs to be publicly executed for these failures. A low level position coach will do nicely. We need some signs that fingers are being pointed and things are being done to correct these wrongs.

Did you not see Jeff Long's tweet the other day?  We're strong and getting stronger #HashtagSomething

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #4728 on: January 18, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
I'm not sure Bert understands this but it's pert near Feb and we still really don't have heads on a platter. Allowing a DC to "save face" by taking a lateral position in which he didn't have to pay his buyout (presumably) is not exactly telling anyone how the cow eats the cabbage. I know sometimes things happen and teams just aren't very good. I get it...but no really somebody needs to be publicly executed for these failures. A low level position coach will do nicely. We need some signs that fingers are being pointed and things are being done to correct these wrongs.

Bert's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic again, and daring the You of A to fire him for $15.4 million.
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4729 on: January 20, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »

Disadvantages of hiring close family friends.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #4730 on: January 20, 2017, 04:29:53 PM »

Bert's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic again, and daring the You of A to fire him for $15.4 million.

I wrote a lengthy response but I guess it didn't post.

At any rate, I believe you're wrong thinking that Bret is daring anyone. The PTB love him and what he stands for. I firmly believe that they have decided that Arkansas will never be a program that wins SEC championships and therefore have settled for other things such as high GPA and model citizens. They are content as long as money is flowing in and Bret keeps the image up.

I think Bret leaves when he is ready to leave.

Online aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4731 on: January 20, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
We should just ahead and start making a short list now. I'm convinced BB will take the first lateral or semi lateral job he can get and Bill Snyder is growing older literally by the nano second.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #4732 on: January 20, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
We should just ahead and start making a short list now. I'm convinced BB will take the first lateral or semi lateral job he can get and Bill Snyder is growing older literally by the nano second.

chip kelly.  i figure he sits idle next football season waiting on another nfl hc or oc if no one hires him as a hc.  its widely known he prefers the nfl to college (who wouldn't?  no recruiting and a sizeable off season where you don't have to do anything for much of it.).

by next december his itch to coach is going to get the better of him and he'll have his pick of the available college suitors.  you may be on to something with bert taking a lateral or semi-lateral job at a place like k-st where 7-8 win seasons is looked highly upon.
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #4733 on: January 20, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »

At any rate, I believe you're wrong thinking that Bret is daring anyone. The PTB love him and what he stands for. I firmly believe that they have decided that Arkansas will never be a program that wins SEC championships and therefore have settled for other things such as high GPA and model citizens. They are content as long as money is flowing in and Bret keeps the image up.

What model citizens? Are you talking about the shoplifting ring at the Belk $450 coupon give away? The playa who got ejected for spitting in a VT playa's face? Our playas who are habitually late for team meetings, etc.?

Yes, the PTB are content, regardless, as long as the money is flowing in. Time to turn the spigot to OFF.

The fat lazy fuck doesn't give a shit. He's worth three times as much getting fired than if he wins a NC. Bert stands for sloth and gluttony.

Thanks, Jeff.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:34:52 PM by Boondoggle »
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline razorbackaaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #4734 on: January 20, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »
Brett has given enos an extention and hefty raise. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/report-arkansas-oc-dan-enos-receives-extension-raise/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline Turd F.

• Microagressor
  • Boar
  • Don't worry scrote...
« Reply #4735 on: January 20, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »
Per the TD, Herbert got a raise, too.
Always yield.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #4736 on: January 20, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »

What's funny is that we were tied for 4th for the most arrests in the SEC in 2015.  Our APR is 12th in the SEC.  They have created this false image about our program.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #4737 on: January 20, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
What's funny is that we were tied for 4th for the most arrests in the SEC in 2015.  Our APR is 12th in the SEC.  They have created this false image about our program.

Well, as Frank said, "eight ninth tenth twelfth fourteenth in potential. "

Offline bronzehog

• Wild Hog
  • We should worry
Can the Coaching Carousel begin?
« Reply #4738 on: January 20, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »

Where did you hear this? "Saturday Down South" shows we came in at 8th worst in '15 with three arrests to no. 1 Florida's 8. They also note that the two prior years ('13 & '14), 0 Hogs were arrested, while 8 were arrested in 2012. That means in Bielema's first two years he cut the arrests numbers from 8 to 0. Bielema went 740 days without a player arrest at Arkansas. There have been fewer arrests in all of Bielema's tenure than in one year under Smith. And we still have some of the fewest arrests in the SEC since Bielema's arrival [1].
And it appears the football program set a record for APR in Bielema's first year, and it has grown every year under his leadership [2].

[1]www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-football-arrests-by-team-2015 ; http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/mar/30/legal-troubles-dwindle-under-bielema/
[2]http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/razorbacks-exceed-apr-benchmark/
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas, and live in Hell."

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• A Nimble Centipede
  • King of the Hogs
  • Make Arkansas Great Again
« Reply #4739 on: January 20, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »
Where did you hear this? "Saturday Down South" shows we came in at 8th worst in '15 with three arrests to no. 1 Florida's 8. They also note that the two prior years ('13 & '14), 0 Hogs were arrested, while 8 were arrested in 2012. That means in Bielema's first two years he cut the arrests numbers from 8 to 0. Bielema went 740 days without a player arrest at Arkansas. There have been fewer arrests in all of Bielema's tenure than in one year under Smith. And we still have some of the fewest arrests in the SEC since Bielema's arrival [1].
And it appears the football program set a record for APR in Bielema's first year, and it has grown every year under his leadership [2].

[1]www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-football-arrests-by-team-2015 ; http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/mar/30/legal-troubles-dwindle-under-bielema/
[2]http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/razorbacks-exceed-apr-benchmark/

#countonme

don't block me bert.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 36 queries.