Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can the Coaching Carousel begin?  (Read 111721 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
Re: Can the Coaching Carousel begin?
« Reply #3025 on: Today at 06:35:48 PM »
Sean Payton
Jon Gruden
Rex Ryan

Bill Belichick

Hell, I'm sure LSU thinks they can get anyone they want.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Blasphemer with a penchant for excess.
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #3026 on: Today at 06:43:45 PM »
Somebody head over to Tiger Droppings and drop the Jon Gruden is in town rumor. 
This is a high quality post.

Online mde114

• Boar
« Reply #3027 on: Today at 06:49:54 PM »
What would stop Long from hiring Les as a consultant for the rest of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3028 on: Today at 06:53:56 PM »
What would stop Long from hiring Les as a consultant for the rest of the season?

Will Les be able to recruit? Do you really want Les talking to your head coach about in game strategy? C'mon mayne!

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #3029 on: Today at 06:56:54 PM »

His frontal lobes?

Online mde114

• Boar
Can the Coaching Carousel begin?
« Reply #3030 on: Today at 06:58:50 PM »
I'd be interested in his knowledge of his former team.

Wouldn't put him on the sidelines. We already have a coach standing there looking stupid.

« Last Edit: Today at 07:03:08 PM by mde114 »

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #3031 on: Today at 07:03:33 PM »
I'd be interested in his knowledge of his former team.

Not needed. LSU doesn't scare me.  We went to their place last year, bent them over and left without leaving our number.

LSU hasn't scared me in years.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3032 on: Today at 07:39:20 PM »
I don't want to see Les and Bert trying to out-dumb each other.

Why doesn't LSU just hire Nick Saban back?  Can't be that hard, right?

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Boar
« Reply #3033 on: Today at 07:56:36 PM »
I would love to see Stoops come back to the SEC, and fail.
"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • whatever
« Reply #3034 on: Today at 08:11:43 PM »
T Boone speaks:   Pickens said he and Cowboys coach Mike Gundy aren’t talking. “I don’t have any conversations with Gundy,” he said. Is there a rift? “I don’t know, but Mike doesn’t handle people relationships very well. And he gets mad about things. I’ve heard he’s written some notes about me that weren’t very complimentary.”
Haters gonna hate

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #3035 on: Today at 08:17:10 PM »
I don't want to see Les and Bert trying to out-dumb each other.

Why doesn't LSU just hire Nick Saban back?  Can't be that hard, right?
I don't think Nick will ever go back to LSU, partly because some of their fans were rude to and critical of him while he was there. They have a call in radio show down there where anybody can call and ask the coach about anything they want. I don't know if they do any screening at all. I think it was Gerry Dinardo who was asked on that show if he would like help moving away from Louisiana. Which, to be honest, was pretty funny. Of course, by the time Saban won a national championship, they were all kissing his ass.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sinbad O'Connor
« Reply #3036 on: Today at 09:11:03 PM »
I don't think Nick will ever go back to LSU, partly because some of their fans were rude to and critical of him while he was there. They have a call in radio show down there where anybody can call and ask the coach about anything they want. I don't know if they do any screening at all. I think it was Gerry Dinardo who was asked on that show if he would like help moving away from Louisiana. Which, to be honest, was pretty funny. Of course, by the time Saban won a national championship, they were all kissing his ass.

i've heard this show a few times.  it is high comedy.  drive time only dreams to be that good
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
Can the Coaching Carousel begin?
« Reply #3037 on: Today at 09:33:09 PM »
This is nothing more than a "but everybody's doing it" excuse and you know it.  Shame on you.  Regardless of what you say, "fucking people over" is not common, thankfully.  And besides what the fine print of what the contract says, whatever happened to simply doing the right thing?  If the fucking people over is the world you live in, you need to find new colleagues and reassess some shit. 

I negotiate deals and work with agreements and contracts on a daily basis and much of the time, its for much larger dollars than what we're talking about here.  Not bragging, but its not like this whole college athletics bullshit is above morality. The amount of money is also a useless point.  Getting on a semi-rant...but so many moan and whine about the "good ol' boy" club like dudes are sitting in the back room in 3 piece suits and pocket watches like Boss Hogg getting rich through collusion and corruption.  That does happen, but the vast majority of the "good ol' boy club" is simply good people working with and trusting other good people, knowing the other will always do the right thing.  Even though we have legal paper documents, all of us that matter consider them a useless toy to keep the lawyers happy as the deal is really set in stone once you give your word and shake the man's hand, its a done deal.  Even if you screw up and have to take a bath, which I've definitely done.  Live and learn - an expensive lesson.  If you don't keep your word; it will be the last time because its a smaller world than we think, word travels fast, and you're fucked.  It makes no difference if you're a mechanic or a multi-billion dollar CEO.   

Always do the right thing and treat people right whether you benefit or not because what goes around, comes around and you can't make it through life alone.

Uhh read my post.  I said it was a shitty move.  But I also said that if you work in the shark tank that is d1 big time football, and you work with an employment contract, and there's an environment of contract fucking, you should have an agent that mitigates that in the contract.  I'm not endorsing the practices but that's that world, and hopefully not ours.

I also negotiate big contracts, and prefer to review the boilerplate with the other party directly, rather than letting lawyers do it for us.  (Why do fucking corporate lawyers act like they are getting billable hours?). I'm a handshake kind of guy and as I live in a small industry where everyone knows everyone, I was taught early on and have always lived with the notion that one's integrity is all one has.

That being the case, unfortunately I've had to learn contracts because many companies have transitioned from relationship based to legal based and one must protect one's company.  I think we're more aligned than you think.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:36:48 PM by TexZilla »

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #3038 on: Today at 10:22:55 PM »

I lol'ed.  :D

Almost as funny is hearing our fans explain why we don't need him.  O0

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 34 queries.