Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Memorial Day 2015  (Read 2537 times)

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
Re: Memorial Day 2015
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Tush Hog
  • Next one's coming faster.
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »
The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy is awesome.  I mean he shoots Theo Tonin;  fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion;  pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flyin' it;  parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country;  then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement - not once but two times;  he spends a couple days ridin' around with you - while you're lookin' for him;  and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age.  That's some badass shit.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2015, 08:19:18 AM »
Sorry didn't mean to fuck up the thread. I was specifically talking about people who don't understand what the day means and post pictures of their still alive relatives and friends who served and say "Thanks for serving". Do that every other day of the year and I'm totally for it. But the word memorial to me signifies someone has died. Memorial day is for those who have died.  Whether they died in active service or not doesn't really matter as much.

These aren't controversial statements. I saw a lot of combat veterans posting similar sentiments  on facebook yesterday.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:35 AM »
Sorry didn't mean to fuck up the thread. I was specifically talking about people who don't understand what the day means and post pictures of their still alive relatives and friends who served and say "Thanks for serving". Do that every other day of the year and I'm totally for it. But the word memorial to me signifies someone has died. Memorial day is for those who have died.  Whether they died in active service or not doesn't really matter as much.

These aren't controversial statements. I saw a lot of combat veterans posting similar sentiments  on facebook yesterday.

War Memorial Stadium is among the myriad number of monuments across the country - stadiums, hospitals, parks, etc dedicated to those who died serving their country.  There are hundreds.

I work at a hospital with "Memorial" in the title.  Ironically I think everyone has forgotten where the name came from.

Never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »

Damn it.  That kid's going to be President one day.  :thumbup:

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Tush Hog
  • Great Minds Drink Alike
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
I teared up when I first read that story.  How he left this world.....it was just perfect really.  Once he saw his old plane again, he had to have been at peace.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 34 queries.