Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY  (Read 7499 times)

Offline adschill

• A Shoat
NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:16:25 PM »
Has anyone heard about any recent rumors about Hogs building a Practice building for the basketball teams?  I remember reading some articles one here in the past and wanted to know if anyone knows where I could find any articles about the subject???????

Offline Deja Vu

• President of Leo Propst Fan Club
  • King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
Re: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

No, why are ya'll going through my myspace and stuff, obsessive??

Offline crote

• Boar
  • There ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »
Their mini-burgers are the best.

garlic galore.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »
I believe that they want one but no one is "donating" to the cause.  A 2-15 record in conference play will not help.

In other news, Van Horn was given the green light to seeks funds for a wieght faciltiy adjacent the indoor batting cages and redo the locker room.  Van Horn will get his money and I'd bet it'll be built or under construction by next season. See what results will get.

Offline Denny Crane

• Smokin' a Cigar...
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 11:48:20 PM »
I believe that they want one but no one is "donating" to the cause.  A 2-15 record in conference play will not help.

In other news, Van Horn was given the green light to seeks funds for a wieght faciltiy adjacent the indoor batting cages and redo the locker room.  Van Horn will get his money and I'd bet it'll be built or under construction by next season. See what results will get.

I bet if Mike Ander......nevermind.

Offline Deja Vu

• King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »
I see. It's like school funding. The better you are doing, the more money you are going to get to supplement your process. The worse you do, the less you get.

Win-win
lose-lose

Rock on.

I'm perplexed by the negative feedback. I just don't get it. What's wrong with you?

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
 A 2-15 record in conference play will not help.

Maybe having a practice facility would ease up on our suck factor.

Well, maybe not. 

Offline Jose Papoopoo

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
BTW, maybe I'm missing something here, but why the starkville does anybody need a basketball practice facility??? I understand its all the rage, but its not like the players are tearing up the "field" when they practice on it like football. I don't get it... as a player I would want to practice on the floor and shoot on the goals where I would be playing the games.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »
BTW, maybe I'm missing something here, but why the starkville does anybody need a basketball practice facility??? I understand its all the rage, but its not like the players are tearing up the "field" when they practice on it like football. I don't get it... as a player I would want to practice on the floor and shoot on the goals where I would be playing the games.

That is what I have always thought.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline enl35794

• Tush Hog
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »

Yeah, and I recall a few people stating how they thought it was beneficial to practice in the same arena, on the same floor, and on the same goals you're gonna be playing on come game day. Having practice facilities looks nice and can be a recruiting tool (? maybe), but I dont see the point in it really. Maybe they should start practicing in front of a packed out arena so when it's game time they dont blow a goat in front of the fans.

Offline Ruddy Stormwater

• Tush Hog
  • Grude!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 01:14:36 PM »
Let's use the money instead to buy a real coach. 
Get outside guys... The world is cool.

Offline checkrazor

• has got you covered.
  • Boar
  • Let's keep it clean.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
Let's use the money instead to buy a real coach. 

Yes.  What's the use of a practice facility if there's no one who can run a practice?
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »

Agreeance.  We have the "basketball palace of the mid-south".

We're good at throwing money at bullshit, but a practice facility is dumb.

Kick the gashes out of Barnhill if you want to practice elsewhere.

Eat me.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »
Common thinking is that we're "keeping up with the Jones" on this with the practice facility.  I'm sure that many schools that compete with us for recruits have plush practice courts and I'm sure our coaching staff is using this as an excuse for our inability to land big recruits just like Nutt blamed all kinds of stuff even though the base problem was that he was just too lazy and unorganized to recruit real talent.    Heck, I'm sure the contractor hoping to win the case has his people inside lobbying for the court too - it will probably be subbed out to a Lindsey kid or something.

The thing is, for what we're spending on this crap, we could upgrade to a much better coach and recruiter and probably get the same recruits that are supposedly spurning us over the practice facility and actually win more games too. 

Offline Ahole

• Boar
  • DERP!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
Other schools use their arenas as multi-purpose facilities. BWA is used exclusively for basketball, with the exception of Wal-Mart shareholders a few days a year. The only time it is not available is when the girls are practicing or playing. A practice facility would be a colossal waste of money.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 06:17:04 PM »
Other schools use their arenas as multi-purpose facilities. BWA is used exclusively for basketball, with the exception of Wal-Mart shareholders a few days a year. The only time it is not available is when the girls are practicing or playing. A practice facility would be a colossal waste of money.

This is what I was thinking.  Seems kinda like an excuse to throw out there when you're not recruiting well, but I could be wrong.  A list of programs who do have a practice facility would be nice I guess.

Offline HD

• Wild Hog
  • GS PGY-1... FML
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »
I know Kentucky, FL, Tennessee have one and LSU will open theirs next yr

Offline Hamdicapper

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »
Kick the gashes out of Barnhill if you want to practice elsewhere.

This.

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 09:49:01 PM »
The arguement you'll hear from the staffs is that often they are not able to use the full practice floor during the season and lose space and that scheduling conflicts with each program during schools make for some whacked out prac times. If this was jsut about practice space, they could easily build a metal shell with room for two or three courts either adjacent to the offices a BWA or across the street in the area cleared when the softball field went up, Starkville, build an underground tunnel to connect to BWA. But, it's not just about practice space. They want to duplicate or one up Kentucky's facility from went I've heard. That means swanky lounges for players with walls full of plasmas and such. I've seen figures that Kentucky's was 30mil, the original cost of BWA.

As full making BWA a multiuse arena. Great, the area needs one but I wonder how Tulsa's new big arena will effect booking and such.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

Correct.  We don't have an off campus facility.  For teams that do, an on-campus practice might make sense.

We don't have a multi-use facility (thank goodness!) so we don't have to worry about scheduling around Garrison Keiler or the Monster Truck show.  If so, a practice facility might make sense.

Don't we still have the 94 million little tint space age springs under the floor?  Don't we still have wood grain paneling and Ricardo Montlebaum Corinthian leather seats in the players lounge?

We already have one of, if not the best, practice facilities in America.  It has 94 feet and everything.  It is on campus, it is only shared with our women's team, and has plenty of ten foot goals.  It just also happens to have 20,000 seats.

Seriously, spending a penny on a separate practice facility, besides needlessly using up valuable, and expensive, real estate on campus, would border on being immoral.  It would be a colossal waste of money.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Deja Vu

• King of the Hogs
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:28 PM »
Don't we still have wood grain paneling and Ricardo Montlebaum Corinthian leather seats in the players lounge?
:maundoed:

He dies, and he becomes OURS. Ricardo MontleBAUM.

Fine, rich Corinthian leather. LOVE IT.

(Montalban)

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »
I like what they've done with my car.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
I like what they've done with my car.

I like how Ricky calls it a "small" crysteler and that fricker has a 12 foot hood on it.  Reminds me of taking trips as a kid and fighting with your sibling over who gets to take a nap on the rear dash.

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 08:48:07 PM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:54:27 PM by chittlins »

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 20 queries.