Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY  (Read 7539 times)

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
Re: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »
When it's over said and done, if the new coach wants a basketball only facility, I say build it.  I wonder how hard it would be to make Barnhill into a basketball only practice facility and then use Bud Walton for gymnastics and vollebyall?  Barnhill would make a hellacious basketball practice only facility.  It beats that Hyper building looking Kansas facility in this thread.

No, build a new 6 to 8 thousand seat arena that would house the gymnastics and volleyball program and would be more useful for the Disney on Ice's and Snoop Dog concerts.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
This gets said over and over, but we have no problem building multiple practice facilities and lounges and locker rooms for the football team. It's not like the BAC and DWR are holding tractor pulls every night... they're sharing their current facilities with no one.

Its the new thing, and instead of bitching and moaning about it like an old man on a porch, we just need to let our new coach to build the Damn thing to his liking before we get completely passed by. As much as we always brag on our facilities, I have no clue why everyone wants to be stagnant with BWA and basketball.
I think the reason so much negativity came from it was not that nobody wants one, but that a lot of people were trying to use the lack of one as an excuse for Pelphrey. It's not needed....but if the new coach is successful and wants one, we should build one.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
Since we are so far behind in the basketball recruiting race, lets just figure out what the next "great thing" is that all the recruits want and be the first to have it. frick a practice facility, we are already to late.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
Since we are so far behind in the basketball recruiting race, lets just figure out what the next "great thing" is that all the recruits want and be the first to have it. frick a practice facility, we are already to late.

Exactly, be forward thinking.

I think we need to be the first to have hard-wired text/tweet/internet access consoles attached to our benches so our guys can text and tweet during games.  You already see it at the summer AAU games where everyone on the bench is on his cell phone.

Be a leader, not a follower.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Karl Pilkington
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Pelphrey signed a top 10 class with no practice facility and a shitty record.  Not needed.

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »

Tubby says he hasn't been talking to Arkansas, but he knows that we have a completion date for a facility in 16 months?  I wonder who he didn't talk to that didn't tell him that?

2nd best line in this whole thread behind "Allen Iverson wept."

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Write in Candidate for Arkansas's hotly contested Senate seat, Hackfuck's dog quietly appreciates your vote.
  • King of the Hogs
  • it's mah balllz....bitches.
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »
ANyone hear Jimmy Dykes today mention that one reason we may not get a big time coach was because of the lack of a practice facility and that it hinders recruiting?

Jesus imagine the incoming class if we had one? I imagine Rivers and Beal would be begging to come.
 Jimmy Dykes is a clown.

/felt it was okay to revive this thread due to subject BEING IN ALL CAPS!

we have the #2 or #3 class in the country with no practice facility and a coach who couldn't.  we need a practice facility like i need a third asshole in my forehead.
Pelphrey signed a top 10 class with no practice facility and a shitty record.  Not needed.

or this.   :'(  <------chinese Jesus wept.

***VOTE FOR HACKFUCK'S DOG!!  He's our greatest hope for the future of our state!

*This add not endorsed or funded by any candidate or their household animals.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
It's still a matter of gym availability. First of all, the players are students taking classes (most of them, anyway). The boys and girls have the same general type of schedules. That's going to eat up a lot of their day. So at the end, you have to divide up time to practice between the two programs. Furthermore, what about the gym rats that want to work on their own, or the group wanting to play pickup games...but the girls have the gym. Or vice versa. I see it as a need if we want our kids to have gym availability anytime they want it.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
It's still a matter of gym availability. First of all, the players are students taking classes (most of them, anyway). The boys and girls have the same general type of schedules. That's going to eat up a lot of their day. So at the end, you have to divide up time to practice between the two programs. Furthermore, what about the gym rats that want to work on their own, or the group wanting to play pickup games...but the girls have the gym. Or vice versa. I see it as a need if we want our kids to have gym availability anytime they want it.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »
Still turns into a Title IX issue.  When Bud Walton was built, Barnhill was going to be the Women's only gym.  That lasted about 18 hours.

Realistically, we have a basketball only facility, but building a separate basketball only facility like lots of folks are doing is the new hotness.  If they are bragging that theirs is for the Men's team only, they are only speaking temporarily.  It will change.

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
Still turns into a Title IX issue.  When Bud Walton was built, Barnhill was going to be the Women's only gym.  That lasted about 18 hours.

Realistically, we have a basketball only facility, but building a separate basketball only facility like lots of folks are doing is the new hotness.  If they are bragging that theirs is for the Men's team only, they are only speaking temporarily.  It will change.

What men's events are you talking about that take place at Barnhill?  I can think of none.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »

No, it's NOT a Titty IX issue. It's an availability issue. Student athlete basketball players should be able to practice when their class schedules allow. I've seen it first hand. Kids want in the gym to work on their game, but they can't get on the floor because the other team has the floor for a certain time frame. It has nothing to do with gender or making things equal between men and women. It has to do with having TWO facilities that are to be alternated.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2011, 01:10:28 PM »

You wanna know where Kentucky's women play their home games at?

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
Surely we can just slap together a court and two goals in the monster facility we're building for Petrino.

Offline PigsInSpace

• Tush Hog
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »
"Police and firefighters were on the scene in an effort to calm the situation. The mattress was extinguished." - WBIR, Knoxville

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
You wanna know where Kentucky's women play their home games at?
If it's not in Rupp Arena then Kentucky is open to litigation.  The Women's Razorbacks or whatever they call themselves, shouldn't be playing in Bud Walton with crowds of 800-2000 in a 19,600 seat arena, but they do.  Has nothing to do with gender, but they do not draw a big enough crowd.  If KY's girls are playing in a smaller gym, that is the right thing to do, but I have seen many Title IX cases filed, and won in high schools and colleges everywhere when there was absolutely no gender being mistreated, but ever since 911 everybody's so sensitive.  Thanks a lot bin Laden.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »
If it's not in Rupp Arena then Kentucky is open to litigation.  The Women's Razorbacks or whatever they call themselves, shouldn't be playing in Bud Walton with crowds of 800-2000 in a 19,600 seat arena, but they do.  Has nothing to do with gender, but they do not draw a big enough crowd.  If KY's girls are playing in a smaller gym, that is the right thing to do, but I have seen many Title IX cases filed, and won in high schools and colleges everywhere when there was absolutely no gender being mistreated, but ever since 911 everybody's so sensitive.  Thanks a lot bin Laden.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »

That looks like where Idaho plays football.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 03:04:07 PM »

I like it.  I think the Lady Razorback Women's Ladies Basketball team should play their home games at HarBer High School, or possibly John Brown University.  There would be a better aesthetic look when 800-2000 fill a gym for a game rather than 17,000 empty seats.  But alas, women must have equal opportunity, and I agree, but I think sometimes PC and legalize put the Lady Backs where it is actually a disadvantage.

Is Kentucky breaking the law?  I have no clue.  For all I know the wimmin's athletic branch at KY has signed off on any future obligation of using Title IX as a discriminatory argument against the wimmin's program.  The football team has probably done the same thing but versus men's basketball not wimmins.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »

There are lots of schools that have separate venues for women's basketball. School in urban areas commonly do this. Two examples Memphis and Marquette

• Write in Candidate for Arkansas's hotly contested Senate seat, Hackfuck's dog quietly appreciates your vote.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »
So now we have to build a fricking men's practice facility, AND a women's arena...

we better get that bag of chcickentysonmoney ready..
***VOTE FOR HACKFUCK'S DOG!!  He's our greatest hope for the future of our state!

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
So now we have to build a fricking men's practice facility, AND a women's arena...

we better get that bag of chcickentysonmoney ready..

there will be lesbians all over the goddamm place if that comes to pass.  EVERYWHERE.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2011, 09:20:03 PM »
there will be lesbians all over the goddamm place if that comes to pass.  EVERYWHERE.

the good kind, the Jennifer Aniston/Halle Berry/Jaimie Pressley kind?

or the wallet on a chain, Treesah Proot type?

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 09:31:10 PM »
the good kind, the Jennifer Aniston/Halle Berry/Jaimie Pressley kind?

or the wallet on a chain, Treesah Proot type?

Eating at Whole Hog in Conway today and my wife says to me, she says "Look over there, there's two lesbians."

To which I reply: "Which kind, the hot cinemax lesbians or the Rosie O'Donnell kind?"

Needless to say it was the latter.

Needless to say I got my own refill.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
so JL posts this to the twatters

@jefflong

Checkout Basketball practice facility at UMich http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=303825

Is he trying to give us a glimpse into the future??   ???
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 20 queries.