Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY  (Read 7850 times)

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
Re: NEW BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »
Here's a bit about Auburn's new arena that will have a two court practice facility

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062907aab.html

2livejew

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
Here's a bit about Auburn's new arena that will have a two court practice facility

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062907aab.html
9k seats is a joke.

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
9k seats is a joke.

But it'll have a practice facility attached, and gotdammit that's all that matters to teh recroots.

Georgia's attempt:
http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=301117

MSU says a facility is a top priority  but damn if I can find a pic.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:06:51 PM by chittlins »

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Embraces the Horror
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »
But it'll have a practice facility attached, and gotdammit that's all that matters to teh recroots.

Georgia's attempt:
http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=301117

MSU says a facility is a top priority  but damn if I can find a pic.

they better spell check that sht.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • whatever
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 01:16:33 AM »
UGA's practice facility is nicer than their actual arena.

it's coming here and with that most likely other events in bwa besides basketball and wal-mart.

Kansas will open their practice facility this fall, that was Bill Self's demand after winning the NC last year. It's not like basketball is sharing Allen Fieldhouse with anyone else.

maybe it's a waste of money, maybe it's not. If they raised the money to build then what does it matter?
Haters gonna hate

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:14 AM »
UGA's practice facility is nicer than their actual arena.

it's coming here and with that most likely other events in bwa besides basketball and wal-mart.

Kansas will open their practice facility this fall, that was Bill Self's demand after winning the NC last year. It's not like basketball is sharing Allen Fieldhouse with anyone else.

maybe it's a waste of money, maybe it's not. If they raised the money to build then what does it matter?

I know it's the latest thing, but it is beyond stupid.  You get home court advantage by practicing on the home court.  My children attend school where the jr. high practices in the "old" gym, but they play all their games in the "new" gym.  It's like they have no home games, because the new gym is an arena and the background is completely different.  Unless the new practice facility has the exact dimensions (behind the goals) as BWA, this is a tremendous waste of money.  If any of our coaches are using this as an excuse, we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 08:40:23 AM »

Allen Iverson wept.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »
Allen Iverson wept.

Without any doubt, post of the month.

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
If any of our coaches are using this as an excuse, we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Honestly, I think this is exactly what is happening and their lapdogs in the media like our alledged "recruiting reporters" are yammering the company line as well to kiss up. 

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »
Honestly, I think this is exactly what is happening and their lapdogs in the media like our alledged "recruiting reporters" are yammering the company line as well to kiss up. 

Sooner or later the "gurus" are going to get run down the road.

Either by one or more individual institutions, or by the NCAA.

Eat me.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »
I know it's the latest thing, but it is beyond stupid.  You get home court advantage by practicing on the home court.  My children attend school where the jr. high practices in the "old" gym, but they play all their games in the "new" gym.  It's like they have no home games, because the new gym is an arena and the background is completely different.  Unless the new practice facility has the exact dimensions (behind the goals) as BWA, this is a tremendous waste of money.  If any of our coaches are using this as an excuse, we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Practice facility is Razorback basketball's version of the "D" rule.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
ANyone hear Jimmy Dykes today mention that one reason we may not get a big time coach was because of the lack of a practice facility and that it hinders recruiting?

Jesus imagine the incoming class if we had one? I imagine Rivers and Beal would be begging to come.
 Jimmy Dykes is a clown.

/felt it was okay to revive this thread due to subject BEING IN ALL CAPS!

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
ANyone hear Jimmy Dykes today mention that one reason we may not get a big time coach was because of the lack of a practice facility and that it hinders recruiting?

Jesus imagine the incoming class if we had one? I imagine Rivers and Beal would be begging to come.
 Jimmy Dykes is a clown.

/felt it was okay to revive this thread due to subject BEING IN ALL CAPS!

sources say that if we build it Lew Alcindor, Spud Webb, Johnny Dawkins and Larry Bird are coming in the next class.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline razornole

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 10:21:57 PM »
wouldn't that mess with home court advantage juju and being intimately aware of every spot on the floor?

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
I don't give a frick what Banjos sez. New coach wins and new coach will get one. Funny how winning works.

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »
Marquette's practice facility consist's of a single full sized court attached to a mutliuse facility that plays host to the volleyball and wimmen's basketball team.

http://www.gomarquette.com/facilities/mcguirecenter.html

Wichita's indoor baseball facility:
http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=205044243

WSU's baskeball facility consists of a metal building with two courts on the inside. The Hypr is as nice

TAMU's practice facility for Hoops:
http://www.aggieathletics.com/facilities/cox-mcferrin.html

on the baseball front, they share an indoor facility with the gurls. Figures.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:07:11 PM by chittlins »

Offline chittlins

• Boar
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

Offline SilenceOfTheHams

• A Shoat
  • Elvis Kicks Ass
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
agreed

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
Why not commandeer two courts at the HYPR, then take some classroom space and turn it into an athletes only lounge, may have to spend a million bucks...done.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Folks, we have a basketball practice facility.  Somebody mentioned building something for only the men to practice in.  Ever heard of Title IX?

Wal Mart has their yearly weekend "brag we are the greatest" weekend, and then graduation is held there.  Rest of the time the men's team shares the basketball practice facility and game facility with the women's team.  No clue if this is accurate, but I'm willing to bet that most of the schools that have basketball only practice facilities do this because their gym hosts tractor pulls, concerts, whatnot.  This is not an issue with our practice/game facility. 

Tubby says he hasn't been talking to Arkansas, but he knows that we have a completion date for a facility in 16 months?  I wonder who he didn't talk to that didn't tell him that?

Scratch the liar off the list.  Move on.  He was never and is not a target, surely.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »
Folks, we have a basketball practice facility.  Somebody mentioned building something for only the men to practice in.  Ever heard of Title IX?

Wal Mart has their yearly weekend "brag we are the greatest" weekend, and then graduation is held there.  Rest of the time the men's team shares the basketball practice facility and game facility with the women's team.  No clue if this is accurate, but I'm willing to bet that most of the schools that have basketball only practice facilities do this because their gym hosts tractor pulls, concerts, whatnot.  This is not an issue with our practice/game facility. 

Tubby says he hasn't been talking to Arkansas, but he knows that we have a completion date for a facility in 16 months?  I wonder who he didn't talk to that didn't tell him that?

Scratch the liar off the list.  Move on.  He was never and is not a target, surely.

This gets said over and over, but we have no problem building multiple practice facilities and lounges and locker rooms for the football team. It's not like the BAC and DWR are holding tractor pulls every night... they're sharing their current facilities with no one.

Its the new thing, and instead of bitching and moaning about it like an old man on a porch, we just need to let our new coach to build the Damn thing to his liking before we get completely passed by. As much as we always brag on our facilities, I have no clue why everyone wants to be stagnant with BWA and basketball.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
This gets said over and over, but we have no problem building multiple practice facilities and lounges and locker rooms for the football team. It's not like the BAC and DWR are holding tractor pulls every night... they're sharing their current facilities with no one.

Its the new thing, and instead of bitching and moaning about it like an old man on a porch, we just need to let our new coach to build the Damn thing to his liking before we get completely passed by. As much as we always brag on our facilities, I have no clue why everyone wants to be stagnant with BWA and basketball.
When it's over said and done, if the new coach wants a basketball only facility, I say build it.  I wonder how hard it would be to make Barnhill into a basketball only practice facility and then use Bud Walton for gymnastics and vollebyall?  Barnhill would make a hellacious basketball practice only facility.  It beats that Hyper building looking Kansas facility in this thread.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
When it's over said and done, if the new coach wants a basketball only facility, I say build it.  I wonder how hard it would be to make Barnhill into a basketball only practice facility and then use Bud Walton for gymnastics and vollebyall?  Barnhill would make a hellacious basketball practice only facility.  It beats that Hyper building looking Kansas facility in this thread.

True, with the historical aspect and close proximity and everything... I just wonder if it would truly be financially viable to make happen.

Online ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
Let me get this straight.  We have what amounts to a basketball only facility already, shared only with the women's team.

We plowed up a beautiful natural grass field and put ina million dollar plastic one because we just had to "practice where we'll play."  But we "need" to go build something else on an already crowded landscape so we can practice where we WON't play.

Got it.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 22 queries.