Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Laying blame  (Read 2162 times)

Online Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Laying blame
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:57 PM »
Funny how before the year our biggest concern was the defense because we just knew our offense was going to kick ass.  Turns out the defense has played well enough for us to be 2-1 and offense is the reason we're not.  Offense has scored 21, 21, and 13 pts.  That's just not enough points to win conference in modern day college football.  Teams have too many good players to where you cannot just hold 4th qtr leads with just your defense and kicking game. 
Homies help homes.......always

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »
Anybody want to take a guess as to who the #1 team in Total Defense is at this point in the year? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »
Anybody want to take a guess as to who the #1 team in Total Defense is at this point in the year? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Holy crap, talk about a lucky inheritance.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2014, 05:48:49 AM »
Isn't going to matter with Philon and Brooks both out for the year.

Well.  Maybe Brooks shouldn't loan drugs to people.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »
I've heard this until I want to puke:  we can't expect to out-Alabama Alabama.  You know, CBBs philosophy of run first is a non-starter in the SEC just because. 

Well, maybe we didn't out-Alabama Alabama, but we stood nose to nose with the number one heavyweight ass kicker team of the last half decade and traded punches with them.  We couldn't run on them, they couldn't run on us.  We beat each other to bloody pulps.

We threw it better than they did.

Progress.
Just ask the Axis

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »
My internet is saying it's Stanford. But it rained last night and I think the lines got all wet and fricked up.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline hit_that_line

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
Hyperbole. We have plenty of time to get things right on that side of the ball before NSD. This kid, for instance, visited just this weekend:

http://247sports.com/Player/Kahlil-Haughton-34167
Probably going to Baylor or OU. We are in scramble mode in the back 7. We will probably get a commitment from Derrick Graham soon but still need two more LB's and two safeties.
"You're hurt son? aMm just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fricking."

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:52 AM »
Sheesh.

This is the first year in many that our DB's even turned to look for the ball.  They have to also occasionally catch the one's that hit them in the hands.

I thought Chaney probably called his best game, considering what he was up against.  I didn't like that we completely stopped running the ball, down 1 point, with over 7 minutes to go in the game.  Ironically, the thing that turned off a large portion of the HDN loyalists was his continual use of the draw, and I would have listened to Hilary speak for one draw in the 4th quarter.

Our line is big.  It is more young than big.  Being able to run screens with these running backs will be nice some day.

I'm still not convinced that the magic gloves we wear are that magic when it is raining.  Somebody said that Collins didn't have on the right gloves? 

Te defense is far more improved at this point than I thought they could get after watching them in August. 

Things are far more encouraging than this thread indicates.  I know everybody's tired of hearing we play the toughest schedule in the nation, but dang, we lost by 1 point.

Watching the Dallas game last night brought me to this conclusion of why we lost the game.

Most all Woopiggas know the story of Dan Bailey and Houston Nutt.  Bailey was promised a scholarship.  He shows up, and after "losing" a competition to Tejada, he was told he would need to grayshirt (no scholarship, but if he gets better, maybe he'll get one).  Bailey's diddy almost whips both Broyles and Nutt (I guess had Bailey been from Springdale, we would have heard more on this).  Bailey goes on to Oklahoma State, and does a very good job (definitely better than the guy who beat him out).  Dallas signs him, and he wins an early game for the Cowboys.  When Old Mrs. Coach Nutt was asked about Bailey, he says, "Who?"  Now, to present day.  Bailey now is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL through 4 seasons.  Had Nutt awarded Bailey a scholarship, and used him.  Hocker comes the next year, as a punter and kickoff guy.  He probably redshirts because with Bailey and whoever our punter was then (he probably had tired leg from all the punting we did).  So, although my math may be faulty, with Hocker redshirting, we would still have him this year, and I guarantee he doesn't miss a PAT.

So there.  It was, once again, Houston Nutt's fault we lost to Bama.  If you can't agree with my logic, we cannot be friens.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:33 AM »

:thumbup:
Hey, I totally get it! Nutt fricked us.
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
Sheesh.

This is the first year in many that our DB's even turned to look for the ball.  They have to also occasionally catch the one's that hit them in the hands.

I thought Chaney probably called his best game, considering what he was up against.  I didn't like that we completely stopped running the ball, down 1 point, with over 7 minutes to go in the game.  Ironically, the thing that turned off a large portion of the HDN loyalists was his continual use of the draw, and I would have listened to Hilary speak for one draw in the 4th quarter.

Our line is big.  It is more young than big.  Being able to run screens with these running backs will be nice some day.

I'm still not convinced that the magic gloves we wear are that magic when it is raining.  Somebody said that Collins didn't have on the right gloves? 

Te defense is far more improved at this point than I thought they could get after watching them in August. 

Things are far more encouraging than this thread indicates.  I know everybody's tired of hearing we play the toughest schedule in the nation, but dang, we lost by 1 point.

Watching the Dallas game last night brought me to this conclusion of why we lost the game.

Most all Woopiggas know the story of Dan Bailey and Houston Nutt.  Bailey was promised a scholarship.  He shows up, and after "losing" a competition to Tejada, he was told he would need to grayshirt (no scholarship, but if he gets better, maybe he'll get one).  Bailey's diddy almost whips both Broyles and Nutt (I guess had Bailey been from Springdale, we would have heard more on this).  Bailey goes on to Oklahoma State, and does a very good job (definitely better than the guy who beat him out).  Dallas signs him, and he wins an early game for the Cowboys.  When Old Mrs. Coach Nutt was asked about Bailey, he says, "Who?"  Now, to present day.  Bailey now is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL through 4 seasons.  Had Nutt awarded Bailey a scholarship, and used him.  Hocker comes the next year, as a punter and kickoff guy.  He probably redshirts because with Bailey and whoever our punter was then (he probably had tired leg from all the punting we did).  So, although my math may be faulty, with Hocker redshirting, we would still have him this year, and I guarantee he doesn't miss a PAT.

So there.  It was, once again, Houston Nutt's fault we lost to Bama.  If you can't agree with my logic, we cannot be friens.

Bailey was here in 2006.  He was beaten out (according to Nutt and Shitworst) by Jeremy Davis.   Hocker would still have been gone by this year. 

However, we would have beaten MissStake and gone to a bowl in 2008, and beaten LSU and gone to a better bowl in 2009 had we had Bailey. 

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »
The PAT wasn't missed. It was blocked.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »
Bailey was here in 2006.  He was beaten out (according to Nutt and Shitworst) by Jeremy Davis.   Hocker would still have been gone by this year. 

However, we would have beaten MissStake and gone to a bowl in 2008, and beaten LSU and gone to a better bowl in 2009 had we had Bailey.

You can't say that for certain.  Hocker may have injured himself trying so hard, so he would have gotten one of those 6th year things.  You're too easy on the golden handcuffed one on this.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
The PAT wasn't missed. It was blocked.

Yeah, but it was only 7 feet 8 inches off the ground when it was clearing the line.  It was begging to be blocked.

Online notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »

Those would have been just the wins Nutt needed to keep his job.  I for one am thrilled that  Dan Bailey didn't kick for us.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
Those would have been just the wins Nutt needed to keep his job.  I for one am thrilled that  Dan Bailey didn't kick for us.

Your little plan to keep John L as our  head coach backfired though.  Next time you put a blonde on the back of a motorbike, make sure you have a better plan for the cover up.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.