Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here, Let's Do a Chaney Thread  (Read 8855 times)

Online hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
Re: Here, Let's Do a Chaney Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 24, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »

A couple weeks ago on ArkansasFight, they mentioned that you need talented receivers that can get separation to throw over the middle. Less talented receivers restrict you to sideline routes so they can try to shield the defender with their body instead of getting separation.

Do they really need to be good or just better that the person defending them?  That is why I'm quite for our above-average TEs matched up with a LB down the seam or over the middle.  HH versus pretty much any LB, he is going to smoke.  Derby too really.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
What about the theory that our line is too tall for BA to throw over the middle effectively, at least on shorter passes?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »
That would really frick up ARProud's Madden like play calling.

Geez.  Idiocy knows no bounds.   :suicide:

I posted above the actual plays that you can draw your own conclusions.  All I pointed out is what I've been saying all along is true.  We don't throw across the middle enough, but when we do, it's extremely successful.  Didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

What about the theory that our line is too tall for BA to throw over the middle effectively, at least on shorter passes?

When we throw over the middle, short drag routes are all we run.  And they do seem to get tipped or blocked down about 15% of the time.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Bebop

• A Shoat
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
This is just really outstanding stuff.....

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/10/21/7025033/arkansas-vs-uab-advanced-stats-preview-turn-em-loose-razorbacks

I'm glad he is becoming more open minded (if not critical) to the possibility that it is more than just poor execution from the players.

Offline IH8LSU

• Tush Hog
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #304 on: Today at 08:30:54 AM »
This is just really outstanding stuff.....

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/10/21/7025033/arkansas-vs-uab-advanced-stats-preview-turn-em-loose-razorbacks

I think I now realize why I dropped my subscription to the demozette. He is so much better than Wally, yet they keep Wally as SPORTS EDITOR, and he does the lame op-ed pieces. Please.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.