Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feel The Rhythm: Nicholls '14  (Read 2641 times)

Online FNG

• Wild Hog
  • Just Passing Through
Re: Feel The Rhythm: Nicholls '14
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 10:09:15 AM »
Is Demetrius Wilson injured again? I don't recall seeing him against Nicholls State.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
East-west misdirection plays are exactly what you should show some against a fast team like Auburn precisely because they are fast.  It tends to slow down the pursuant of linebackers, gives them something to think about, etc.

Anyway, it is a nice addition to the playbook.

I stayed up and watched the UTEP-Tech game.  We can run on them.  But, I'm not sure that we can defend the pass well enough.  UTEP seemed to be in press coverage a lot and was borderline interfering a lot.  Guys weren't running wide open in the secondary like I've seen teams do against us. 

It ought to be an interesting game for anyone to watch.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »
East-west misdirection plays are exactly what you should show some against a fast team like Auburn precisely because they are fast.  It tends to slow down the pursuant of linebackers, gives them something to think about, etc.

Anyway, it is a nice addition to the playbook.

I can see this.  That may explain why Auburn has been semi-successful running these plays against AL and LSU.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • AC is crankin'
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 11:32:30 AM »
I can see this.  That may explain why Auburn has been semi-successful running these plays against AL and LSU.

They also get the ball out quicker now.  It used to take a while for some/most plays to develop and it was a little easier to defend them.  Ask Willy Robinson.

The jet sweep stuff works better against those fast defenses.  I bet the play that Hatcher scored on would have been stuffed in Week 1.  To be sure, he wouldn't have left ALL the secondary in his wake. 

Offline woobradsooie

• A Shoat
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154. Pure gold here. Enjoy. Didn't know where else to post this. Screen door and such.

Online bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154. Pure gold here. Enjoy. Didn't know where else to post this. Screen door and such.

Not sure if that's protocol or not, but it's my thread and I'm never going to reprimand somebody for posting a link to a Hineygate meltdown. Those people are cray to the cray. frick'em all.

Kudos.

Offline woobradsooie

• A Shoat
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
I'm particularly fond of the "is urban the right guy" thread.

Online ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »
Wisconsin always seemed to be at their best when they had an East-West running attack to compliment their North-South attack (see game vs Nebraska).  You get guys like Hatcher, Cornelius, and Mitchell to attack the perimeter and defenses will be on their heals.  Add Robinson and Hill to that next season and I like the look of the offense.

Seriously, this.  That HAS to be a part of our offense every game for at least a few plays, just to keep the middle soft.  Not to mention big plays.  And what I wouldn't give to have a little wildcat action featuring Duwop at "QB," Williams or Collins on either side, with Marshall sweeping from the slot.  I'm sure they haven't worked on it enough for it to be epic or anything, but hopefully that's a wrinkle they've considered.

After they ran Duwop on the toss sweep 3 or 4 times against Nicholls, I'm fully convinced that a toss pass from him is coming.  Not sure they'll use it on Tech or A&M, but something tells me Tech is less-likely to have recognized the possibility.

Online Jeff Spongeworthy

• Wild Hog
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

Seriously, this.  That HAS to be a part of our offense every game for at least a few plays, just to keep the middle soft.  Not to mention big plays.  And what I wouldn't give to have a little wildcat action featuring Duwop at "QB," Williams or Collins on either side, with Marshall sweeping from the slot.  I'm sure they haven't worked on it enough for it to be epic or anything, but hopefully that's a wrinkle they've considered.

After they ran Duwop on the toss sweep 3 or 4 times against Nicholls, I'm fully convinced that a toss pass from him is coming.  Not sure they'll use it on Tech or A&M, but something tells me Tech is less-likely to have recognized the possibility.

Sshhhh.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.