Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 188635 times)

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Boar
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
Re: The NBA
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »
Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings

frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
All this talk of OKC, Memphis, Chicago, Miami and Atlanta makes me giggle.

Lakers v Celtics in the finals again. Kobe gets ring 6 and Phil gets his fourth three peat.

no heart heat are going to lose game four as well.  they'll fold like a cheap tent when that happens.  james has the heart of an amoeba.  he's a quitter.

Based on the premise that a 6-game series with a triple-overtime game could be classified as "prison rape"...you guys are dumbasses.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »

Ron Higgins hits the nail on the head in this article:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/may/12/analysis-grizzlies-barely-have-outside-shot-thunde/

I'll be curious what Randolph has in the tank for Game 6. Besides the triple overtime game, it looks like the Thunder have slowly worn him out by throwing a fresh body at him at all times. I still don't feel that comfortable about the series. One win for the Grizz and just like that there's a Game 7 with all the pressure back on the Thunder and who knows what Westbrook will do in a game like that.

The NBA can't be too happy that the Western Conference Finals wont even consist of a team west of the Rocky Mountains.

If nothing else, it is fun to listen to the excitement of teh OKC Thunder crowd.  The DJ is spinning records too.

I'm glad someone likes DJ Boom. If you're up in "Loud City" (the upper deck/300 level) it's tough to concentrate on the game when he's playing music and constantly yelling "make some noise". If you're sitting in the 100s and 200s level its not bad. And since this is OKC obviously he's white, but does have a detroit background.

http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/article-6862-fans-fill-the-seats-the-team-hits-the-court-and-dj-boom-brings-the-noise.html

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
If the Heat continue to hit shots like they did against the Celts, with people hanging off of them, then they will be da Champs.  They hit some ridiculous, unconscious shots in all 5 games.

Whoever comes from the West is fricked.  One of the biggest factors in any Finals matchup is who has the most Referee protection.  You know, which team's superstars benefit the most from the always-denied protection from the Guys in the formerly striped shirts.

One of the things that always intrigued me about the Bird - Magic Celtic vs Laker matchups was who would ultimately get the calls....it had to be a quandry for the Refs...so many top players to protect, and you cant protect them all.  The cream would rise to the top....and it was always Jabbar.  My gosh, they let him dribble to get his rhythm for that weak-ass hook shot after a foul...part of the continuation.  If Parish breathed on him it was a foul.

The Heat have D Wade....protected. The Heat have LeBron...protected maybe to a degree never seen before, including Jordan.  You know, if he even twitches towards the hoop someone gets a foul called on them.  However many steps he chooses to take in a drive before a dribble....well, the "NBA as the WWE" factor says for that stretch of time, that is the rule.

NO ONE in the West has a player even close to being protected like those two.  Whoever comes out of the West is fricked, literally and figuratively.
Just ask the Axis

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
snorts in the nba the home team gets the calls....yeah lebron and dwade get their fair share but trust me, pierce rose kobe etc....are much the beneficiary of home court offificiating.  paul pierce travels almost everytime he touches it. 
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
If the Heat continue to hit shots like they did against the Celts, with people hanging off of them, then they will be da Champs.  They hit some ridiculous, unconscious shots in all 5 games.

Whoever comes from the West is fricked.  One of the biggest factors in any Finals matchup is who has the most Referee protection.  You know, which team's superstars benefit the most from the always-denied protection from the Guys in the formerly striped shirts.

One of the things that always intrigued me about the Bird - Magic Celtic vs Laker matchups was who would ultimately get the calls....it had to be a quandry for the Refs...so many top players to protect, and you cant protect them all.  The cream would rise to the top....and it was always Jabbar.  My gosh, they let him dribble to get his rhythm for that weak-ass hook shot after a foul...part of the continuation.  If Parish breathed on him it was a foul.

The Heat have D Wade....protected. The Heat have LeBron...protected maybe to a degree never seen before, including Jordan.  You know, if he even twitches towards the hoop someone gets a foul called on them. However many steps he chooses to take in a drive before a dribble....well, the "NBA as the WWE" factor says for that stretch of time, that is the rule.

NO ONE in the West has a player even close to being protected like those two.  Whoever comes out of the West is fricked, literally and figuratively.

The no call on Lebron's 3 steps and double dribble into his highlight dunk were an embarrassment.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:06 PM »
The no call on Lebron's 3 steps and double dribble into his highlight dunk were an embarrassment.

Agreed. 
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »

Can you please post the game tying bucket before they went into overtime?  I no speaki computer.  But if you are into major no calls, this one is A+.  I still can't believe it and I didn't even have money on the game.

EDIT: Here it is at the 2:30 mark.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:36:16 PM by Mike Slive »

Online hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
Hawks are cooked.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
Wow.  Had I been a Hawks season ticket holder, I possibly would have thrown down my drink in disgust and walked out.  That was a pitiful display, or at least the last 15 minutes of the game I got to watch after getting home.

The goal is to win a championship and the Hawks are at least 2 huge rungs down the ladder still.  If I'm the GM - I explain to Joe that he's making the kind of money that real stars get in the NBA.  Real NBA stars take games over and don't shrink away and dish the ball at every double team.   You don't think Iverson and Jordan and Kobe got double teamed? 

I'd trade Josh Smith away for a real big man.  That guy's game needs to be in the paint only - using that remarkable athletic ability to rebound, get stickbacks and lay down thunderous dunks.  Every time that kid launches another jumper from 20', I'd explain to him that a kitten dies.  Horford is a nice guy who doesn't have the size that he needs in those matchups. 

The Hawks need a real PG.  They need someone to be the leader of the team... and they need some sort of girthy big man.  They don't need Dwight Howard, Starkville, they would upgrade a ton just by getting the 2008 version of Ilgauskas or something like that.   

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
Wow.  Had I been a Hawks season ticket holder, I possibly would have thrown down my drink in disgust and walked out.  That was a pitiful display, or at least the last 15 minutes of the game I got to watch after getting home.

The goal is to win a championship and the Hawks are at least 2 huge rungs down the ladder still.  If I'm the GM - I explain to Joe that he's making the kind of money that real stars get in the NBA.  Real NBA stars take games over and don't shrink away and dish the ball at every double team.   You don't think Iverson and Jordan and Kobe got double teamed? 

I'd trade Josh Smith away for a real big man.  That guy's game needs to be in the paint only - using that remarkable athletic ability to rebound, get stickbacks and lay down thunderous dunks.  Every time that kid launches another jumper from 20', I'd explain to him that a kitten dies.  Horford is a nice guy who doesn't have the size that he needs in those matchups. 

The Hawks need a real PG.  They need someone to be the leader of the team... and they need some sort of girthy big man.  They don't need Dwight Howard, Starkville, they would upgrade a ton just by getting the 2008 version of Ilgauskas or something like that.   

Pretty sure you saw the whole game/series.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2011, 09:09:16 AM »
snorts in the nba the home team gets the calls....yeah lebron and dwade get their fair share but trust me, pierce rose kobe etc....are much the beneficiary of home court offificiating.  paul pierce travels almost everytime he touches it. 

I do not disagree.  Pierce walks everytime he gets the ball, that is true.  Nearly everyone in the NBA does.  What and when and why the Rooferees decide to call THAT walk is beyond me.  Or, why THAT 3 second violation got a whistle....completely arbitrary, and usually based on if a protected player is at fault or not. 

Of course, it is not the players at fault.  They will do what the rooferees let them get by with.  Oh, and Joe-Kim Noah (the chick) sets something like 30 illegal screens a game....no call.  Crazy.

All that said, my point was, the above, Rose, Kobe, Pierce..get the calls at home and on the road.  And Miami has more of them than anyone.  If they get by the Bulls, the Eastern team will have two players that the rooferees protect as if they were related.  The Western offering will have zero.

Just ask the Axis

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »
I do not disagree.  Pierce walks everytime he gets the ball, that is true.  Nearly everyone in the NBA does.  What and when and why the Rooferees decide to call THAT walk is beyond me.  Or, why THAT 3 second violation got a whistle....completely arbitrary, and usually based on if a protected player is at fault or not. 

Of course, it is not the players at fault.  They will do what the rooferees let them get by with.  Oh, and Joe-Kim Noah (the chick) sets something like 30 illegal screens a game....no call.  Crazy.

All that said, my point was, the above, Rose, Kobe, Pierce..get the calls at home and on the road.  And Miami has more of them than anyone.  If they get by the Bulls, the Eastern team will have two players that the rooferees protect as if they were related.  The Western offering will have zero.

on the video above, where lebron puts the heat up 86-84, he took 4 steps.  not 2 1/2, not 3, but 4.   :stunned:
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
Hawks are cooked.

Yeah they looked tired last year and just sort of uninterested this season. Joe gets locked down by a physical defender who often times has another guy spying to come over to help and his game is just hurt by it. He would be a lot better playing in a system that has a big man commanding double teams...but those guys don't grow on trees.

Losing Heinrich to injury didn't help matters...I wasn't convinced he was much of an upgrade over Bibby but certainly his production not being there hurt the Hawks. The young point guard did produce some decent numbers but they could have used a veteran point guard in the playoffs.

What happened to Marvin Williams? He looked like the type of player that was going to start producing but I didn't see much of him in the Bulls series...I'm sure he was out there...I think Deng just swallowed him up.

Overall the Hawks need to send Josh Smith packing and perhaps Williams as well. Smith gives you decent production but the guy thinks he's George Gervin.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:45:42 AM by aNiMaL »
frick common. Right on corch.

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »
Yeah they looked tired last year and just sort of uninterested this season. Joe gets locked down by a physical defender who often times has another guy spying to come over to help and his game is just hurt by it. He would be a lot better playing in a system that has a big man commanding double teams...but those guys don't grow on trees.

Losing Heinrich to injury didn't help matters...I wasn't convinced he was much of an upgrade over Bibby but certainly his production not being there hurt the Hawks. The young point guard did produce some decent numbers but they could have used a veteran point guard in the playoffs.

What happened to Marvin Williams? He looked like the type of player that was going to start producing but I didn't see much of him in the Bulls series...I'm sure he was out there...I think Deng just swallowed him up.

Overall the Hawks need to send Josh Smith packing and perhaps Williams as well. Smith gives you decent production but the guy thinks he's George Gervin.

losing Heinrich was huge because they pretty much picked him up to guard Jameer Nelson and Derrick Rose.

the Hawks are just too loose. when it works it's beautiful but when they have to grind against a determined defense they break down and don't have a counter strategy. pretty much the whole offense is 3 guys standing around while Joe Johnson creates or Jamal Crawford fires jump shots. didn't help that Horford suddenly lost the jump shot that he killed the Magic with.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

I would think Smith would bring great value.  He's been hyped up by the media plenty and has a Starkville of a highlight reel.  He could be the star with some desperate team and it isn't like the Hawks need to get a All Star center in return for him who is bringing 25 pts a night.   
That Aussie kid that plays for the Bucks or Timberwolves would be a great trade for the Hawks. 

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Go Grizz!

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2011, 11:18:13 PM »
Game 7 Sunday bitchez.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »

I watched parts (sure, only parts) of 3 games between the Hawks and Bulls, and I didn't even remember that Williams played for the Hawks.  For a #2 pick, that shows he needs to go.

He, James Hardin, and the dude on the Raptors (Bargnani?) ALL show that teams need to quit picking on "potential" and start picking on production.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
I watched parts (sure, only parts) of 3 games between the Hawks and Bulls, and I didn't even remember that Williams played for the Hawks.  For a #2 pick, that shows he needs to go.

He, James Hardin, and the dude on the Raptors (Bargnani?) ALL show that teams need to quit picking on "potential" and start picking on production.

Hardin averaged 19 points over two college seasons before he was drafted.  Thats pretty good production.

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »
Hardin averaged 19 points over two college seasons before he was drafted.  Thats pretty good production.

Thats what hes saying.

Hardin scares the crap out of me. He is the X factor tomorrow.

Id also like to mention that I hate Russell Westbrook.

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
Gameday. Go grizz

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Go Grizz!

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
I really did think OKC would rampage on the Grizz, but this has been a fantastic series.

Now I just need the Thunder to finish it, Mayan style.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 20 queries.