Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 204507 times)

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
Re: The NBA
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
Nice to see the Bulls relevant again hopefully they can keep it going.

I'm not even remotely excited about the Mavs/Thunder although it should be an entertaining series I just don't follow any of those players.

It has started out pretty good.  I think it could be a really good series, a complete scorefest. Dirk and Durant are really the best scorers in the league.  They make shots from anywhere on the court.  I am starting to think Durant is probably better than Lebron, maybe Kobe too.  He is good.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
Frick that skinny ass TexasOkie Durant kid straight in the mouth.... and frick Blake Griffin too while we are at it.  frick Big Twelvers. 

I hope the Kraut rolls up 99 points on OKC. 

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
don't forget westbrook. not a big twelver but something about that dude screams "punk ass bitch"

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2011, 09:40:06 PM »
don't forget westbrook. not a big twelver but something about that dude screams "punk ass bitch"

You arr in trouble when someone with the hiv can call you out on your decision making

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »
I'm sure my bias is showing, but there's been a lot of fouls called against the Thunder when guarding Dirk that's complete bullshit. It doesn't help when you get done playing a series where anything goes in the paint, but this aMm is ridiculous. If the series is called by European basketball style standards there's no way the Thunder will win.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hawgball will win 24 in '14-'15
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2011, 10:56:41 PM »
Meanwhile, Westbrook and Durant have 36 FT attempts between them. I'm sure all those were legit fouls as well.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
I'm sure my bias is showing, but there's been a lot of fouls called against the Thunder when guarding Dirk that's complete bullshit. It doesn't help when you get done playing a series where anything goes in the paint, but this aMm is ridiculous. If the series is called by European basketball style standards there's no way the Thunder will win.

Ticky-tack? Maybe. NOT fouls. Bullshit.

The game was horrible, though. There's nothing worse than a game with almost 100 ft's.

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
Ticky-tack? Maybe. NOT fouls. Bullshit.

The game was horrible, though. There's nothing worse than a game with almost 100 ft's.

I'll agree with that. I'm fine with Dirk getting the benefit of the doubt when going to the basket or on his shot fakes, but when you can't battle for position on the blocks with him, there's no way to guard him.

Even with the officiating what he did was impressive tonight. Shooting like a combined 98% from the field and ft line is unheard of.

With Durant's free throw attempts, obviously he'll get some calls like Dirk will, but I thought he did a good job of attacking the rim.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2011, 11:47:43 PM »
I think it's retarded to "battle" dirk for position.  The risk isn't anywhere NEAR being worth the reward.  Oh. You pushed him out to 16 ft instead of 12 ft? It doesn't matter.  Just play him man up and hope he's having a poor shooting game.  He's too good of a player at this point to let him create opportunities for his teammates, which is what really drives the Mavs success. 

I'll go out on a limb and say dirk doesn't get more than 15 ft attempts in a game the rest of this series.  This crew was being overly zealous with the whistles all game, which is the only thing that enables Dirk to shoot THAT many ft's.  HOWEVER, these fouls are absolutely the same kind of fouls that Dirk rarely gets the benefit of the doubt from.  If fouls were called by the book, Dirk would have a much higher career FTA average.  He gets hit on the body/forearm consistently, but it's like the refs ignore it because he's a "big guy" and should be able to play through it.

But I digress...The mavs need to get more help from Kidd to win.  What you saw from Terry, Dirk, and Marion was about right.  But I don't like where Kidd's head is right now.  He's turning the ball over and afraid to take open shots.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2011, 07:47:12 AM »
A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2011, 07:59:34 AM »

You do realize Westbrook shot 18 free throws and Durant shot 19 last night don't you?

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:08 AM »
the Mavs are ridiculously deep and Caron Butler is in street clothes.

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
the Mavs are ridiculously deep and Caron Butler is in street clothes.

and he lit the Thunder up in the 1 or 2 games he played against the Thunder this year.

Going into the Series I didn't expect the Thunder to win the series and obviously I still don't think they can win it, just hoping for it to go 6 or 7 games. They have no one to guard Dirk. Durant is too skinny, Perkins too slow, Collison too small, and Serge is too young.

But I digress...The mavs need to get more help from Kidd to win.  What you saw from Terry, Dirk, and Marion was about right.  But I don't like where Kidd's head is right now.  He's turning the ball over and afraid to take open shots.

I think I'd take Kidd's mindset over Westbrook. Neither one are good shooters, except Westbrook thinks he is. Sometimes the regular season numbers don't lie and this is one of them. Although it looks like Westbrook should have an advantage over a Mav defender his shooting percentage against them is worse than his regular below average percentage. And let's not get into all of his pouting.

Rant over...

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
There's an excellent chance both series go 7.

I would be lying if I said I know who will win either.

So would you.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hawgball will win 24 in '14-'15
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
There's an excellent chance both series go 7.

I would be lying if I said I know who will win either.

So would you.
If the Bulls win tonight that series is over. They would then own the Heat this season to the tune of a 5-0 record. It would be very difficult to see Miami somehow turning that around and winning 4 of the next 5.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
Game 2 about to start.  I can not take Spoelstra seriously.  Seriously, the dude looks like he should still be in high school.

Bulls are gonna win it again tonight.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
Bulls on a 17-6 run midway through the 4th to tie the game.  Heat have been riding Haslem too long.....they need some fresh players to finish this one.  Bulls are still going strong.  The announcers are starting to question Spoelstra for not resting Haslem.  They're playing like they HAVE to have this game......they do.

Gawddammit, Deng won't hold on to the fricking ball.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
The Bulls play some stifling defense but their offense down the stretch needed to be something more beside Derek Rose just making aMm up.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
Their offense would have been helped if Korver wasn't cold as ice and if Deng wasn't a turnover waiting to happen. I bet they split the Miami games.

Online Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
lebron was big time.  best player in the league...and now he seeems to be finishing aMm to appease the haters.  haslem was big.  if he was healthy, this would be over already
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2011, 08:54:51 AM »
i hope you guys got to see that game last night. that is how you ball, both teams. i could watch these two teams play every night.

Scott Brooks gained a lot of respect from me last night by leaving Westbrook on the bench the whole 4th. Not sure it was the best strategy but damn ballsy.

Probably the only real gripe I have with the reffing right now in the league is the fast break lay-up phantom foul. Dirk had a 3 point-play last night from a foul call and wasn't even touched. Durant just sort of waived at him on the way by. That aMm drives me crazy. I understand why they do it, sort of a league policy to protect players elevating to the rim but if there's no contact, the ref's shouldn't assume a foul.

I guess a sort of secondary complaint is the foul call when the defender goes for a pump fake. I think to get that foul call the offensive player should have to get into the defender when they are in the air and actually earn a foul. I don't really like it when they let the defender land next to them and then just sort of lean in and chuck the ball.

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
If Durant didn't tumble into the photographers after being fouled I'd say his dunk was better than Gibson's.

Right now people aren't sure if Westbrook was actually benched for being a little bitch when Brooks pulled him at the end of the third or if Brooks was sticking with a group that had a nice rhythm. I thought the decision made sense because Harden was playing good and it kept him as the second option. Westbrook wasn't playing bad during the game, but he still hasn't realized that this team is at its best when he is aggressive and looks to get others involved. Since having a triple double in game 7 didn't work, maybe the benching will. I am curious how everything will play out.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »
Oh my God, they just called a technical on Chandler for an elbow in Harden's face.  The problem is, Harden ran into Chandler to initiate the contact, and multiple slow motion replays showed there was no contact.  None, nada, nothing.  I hope Harden gets his ass fined for that flop.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Oh my God, they just called a technical on Chandler for an elbow in Harden's face.  The problem is, Harden ran into Chandler to initiate the contact, and multiple slow motion replays showed there was no contact.  None, nada, nothing.  I hope Harden gets his ass fined for that flop.
He has a future in pro wrestling.

Offline shithead

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »
If Durant didn't tumble into the photographers after being fouled I'd say his dunk was better than Gibson's.

Right now people aren't sure if Westbrook was actually benched for being a little bitch when Brooks pulled him at the end of the third or if Brooks was sticking with a group that had a nice rhythm. I thought the decision made sense because Harden was playing good and it kept him as the second option. Westbrook wasn't playing bad during the game, but he still hasn't realized that this team is at its best when he is aggressive and looks to get others involved. Since having a triple double in game 7 didn't work, maybe the benching will. I am curious how everything will play out.

After watching Westbrook for more than a passing moment tonight, I am now convinced that he is nothing more than an uber-talented Gary Ervin. While he has all the skills in the world, I still expect to see him run headlong into a brick wall... just because it's there, and to prove to Brooks that he can do it. Just go ahead and slap the retard-helmet on him.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 20 queries.