Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 198098 times)

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
Re: The NBA
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »
He has a future in pro wrestling.

and after Friday there's an opening!

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
After watching Westbrook for more than a passing moment tonight, I am now convinced that he is nothing more than an uber-talented Gary Ervin. While he has all the skills in the world, I still expect to see him run headlong into a brick wall... just because it's there, and to prove to Brooks that he can do it. Just go ahead and slap the retard-helmet on him.

He's very talented, no doubt.  But he's NOT a point guard.  I LOVE to see him going off.  I'll take westbrook scoring 30 over Durant any day. He dominates the ball every possession.  i don't know how anyone can be a fan of such ugly basketball.

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
Westbrook gets wild at times, no doubt about it.  Many 22-year-old guards do.  It definitely costs the Thunder games from time to time, and I hope he grows out of that aMm, the sooner the better.

But Gary Ervin?  Get the frick out of here.  Remind me which year it was that Ervin averaged 22-8-5 while going to the Final Four?  I seem to forget.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline shithead

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
Westbrook gets wild at times, no doubt about it.  Many 22-year-old guards do.  It definitely costs the Thunder games from time to time, and I hope he grows out of that aMm, the sooner the better.

But Gary Ervin?  Get the frick out of here.  Remind me which year it was that Ervin averaged 22-8-5 while going to the Final Four?  I seem to forget.

My exact quote was "uber-talented Gary Ervin" and that pretty much describes the player you're talking about above. No doubt, he can do aMm that Ervin couldn't dream of, but completely evolved into Ervin over 3 or 4 consecutive trips in the 4th where he did aMm that conjured up the full-retardedness that Gary used to pull on a regular basis.

I'm not saying he's a shitty player. Far from it. But he does display a metric fuckton of the same decision-making qualities.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
As frustrating as it is to watch the offense get stagnant when Westbrook dribbles for 15-20 seconds to then shoot a jumper, all three games in this series have been determined by bench production.

I guess this means Noah isn't gay. Who would've known...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6579408

Television cameras captured Noah saying an expletive, followed by the slur toward a fan midway through the first quarter. Noah later apologized for getting "caught up" in the exchange, adding that he meant "no disrespect" to anyone.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
As frustrating as it is to watch the offense get stagnant when Westbrook dribbles for 15-20 seconds to then shoot a jumper, all three games in this series have been determined by bench production.

The benches wouldn't be AS big of a factor of Westbrook was a better PG.  The Thunder would be up 3-0 if Westbrook could get his team involved.  That would be a lethal group.  My nightmare as a Mavs fan would be Westbrook breaking down Kidd/Barea/Stevenson off of the dribble, our defense collapsing, and him repeatedly finding Harden or Durant for wide open 3's. 

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
The benches wouldn't be AS big of a factor of Westbrook was a better PG.  The Thunder would be up 3-0 if Westbrook could get his team involved.  That would be a lethal group.  My nightmare as a Mavs fan would be Westbrook breaking down Kidd/Barea/Stevenson off of the dribble, our defense collapsing, and him repeatedly finding Harden or Durant for wide open 3's. 

That would require passing instead of bricking off the front of the rim or dribbling off his foot and out of bounds.

Thank goodness we're safe.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »
Thank goodness we're safe.

Not when Dan Crawford is called in to put a stop to this nonsense.  Mavs look to bring their playoff winning percentage up to 23% in games officiated by Crawford tonight.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
Amazing comeback by the Mavs.  Somewhat of a redemption from the 2006 NBA finals, game 3, where the Mavs gave up a 13 point lead in similar circumstances.  Dirk just seems to go through these stretches where he says, "Oh yeah. I guess I'll score 10 straight real quick." Amazing how easy he makes it look at times.  The kind of performances he's put up in games 1, 2, and 4 were all pretty special.

Online gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »
That was a great finish. Dirk hit some WTF shots down the stretch.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
Lebron, you canNOT simply shove a defender out of the way with your forearm.  Now the game is tied and Chicago has the ball with 8 seconds to go.

Lucky for the Heat the Bulls shat the bed on the last possession.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:12:30 PM by Buffinator »

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:09 AM »
No but you can guard the pseudo MVP, dominate the glass, play point guard, and drop 23 in the 4th qtr and
Ot
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
You can almost shut him out for parts of the game, but only for a short stretch at a time.  Joakim Noah can stop him in his tracks and Ronnie Brewer did a dang good job on him last night.  Seems like the Bulls forgot concepts like "rotation" or "help-side" on defense last night at times.  The dude's improved his jump shot so much though that if you stay in front of him he can just shoot it over you and all you can do is say good shot.  Kobe has moves, Rose has the speed to step around anybody (Lebron included if he really wants too), but right now Lebron is taking whatever the defense gives him and simply scoring lots of points.  James/Nowitzki is going to be an interesting matchip for sure.  Assuming the Bulls don't win 3 straight.

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
maybe i'm just a homer, and i like Ronnie a lot as person, but i swear i remember him killing that 15-20 foot jumper in college, especially off the low curl screen.

i can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't get more shots up. i think someone in Utah screwed up his shot by trying to "fix" it.

he needs to try to find some offense and help Rose out when he's in the game.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
maybe i'm just a homer, and i like Ronnie a lot as person, but i swear i remember him killing that 15-20 foot jumper in college, especially off the low curl screen.

i can't for the life of me figure out why he doesn't get more shots up. i think someone in Utah screwed up his shot by trying to "fix" it.

he needs to try to find some offense and help Rose out when he's in the game.

I think Ronnie knows his role and thats not as a 15-20 foot shooter.  If he's wide open he'll take it but on offense he is pass first guy and maybe pick up some trash points on backdoor cuts and hustle.  I think he works a lot harder on his defense which is what the Bulls have him for.  I would agree that he doesn't look nearly as confident on the offensive end than he did in college but I'll chalk that up to playing with the big boys.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »
I think Ronnie knows his role and thats not as a 15-20 foot shooter.  If he's wide open he'll take it but on offense he is pass first guy and maybe pick up some trash points on backdoor cuts and hustle.  I think he works a lot harder on his defense which is what the Bulls have him for.  I would agree that he doesn't look nearly as confident on the offensive end than he did in college but I'll chalk that up to playing with the big boys.

I tend to agree but Ronnie gave up a dunk to pass it to an ice cold Korver for a 3 in the corner last night.  I bet he and the Bulls wish he had that one back.

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »
he's actually a really good passer too, so he's perfect in that role, but every now and then he'll put a move on someone like a Mike Miller and you wonder why he doesn't get more aggressive when he could physically dominate the guy guarding him.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »
Mike Brown to coach the Lakers.
 :suicide:
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
I tend to agree but Ronnie gave up a dunk to pass it to an ice cold Korver for a 3 in the corner last night.  I bet he and the Bulls wish he had that one back.

Yeah, that was painful to watch.  Announcers called him out on that one.  I wish he had made that And 1 towards the end which could've been the decisive points.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
Mike Brown to coach the Lakers.
 :suicide:

Kobe had to sign off on this deal. I can't understand this.

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
Mike Brown to coach stand around looking dumbfounded while the Lakers do whatever the Starkville they want.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
Off topic but this is a cool video about the history of the crossover

http://nyti.ms/iudQyx
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:19:28 PM by NotoriousPIG »

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
Kobe had to sign off on this deal. I can't understand this.

Obviously Kobe is trying to find ways to motivate himself. The only way to make beating the Heat next year in the Finals more enjoyable is to have Lebron's old coach.   :gritscoon:

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
Obviously Kobe is trying to find ways to motivate himself. The only way to make beating the Heat next year in the Finals more enjoyable is to have Lebron's old coach.   :gritscoon:

I am a Kobe hater, started leaning towards hating on Lebron as of late but there is no fricking way Kobe wins a championship in Cleveland, with the players they have and had.  Coach be damned

Online gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »
Maybe there's something wrong with his arm.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 20 queries.