Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 189199 times)

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
The NBA
« Reply #825 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
So does the ball boy

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: The NBA
« Reply #826 on: February 20, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
As a 29 year old guy who grew up without cable, I watched Karate Kid and Teen Wolf taped off tv over and over every summer.

:beer:

We had about a dozen taped-off-tv movies we watched a million times, too, and 2 of them were Karate Kid and Teen Wolf.  I can pretty much quote either.

We also had the second Indiana Jones, Goonies, Earnest Goes to Camp and some gay technicolor version of Peter Pan from the 50's where Peter Pan was a chick.

To this day, every time I see a chick in green tights pretending to be a man, I get so horny....I mean wistful.  Wistful!

By the way, last night, the Thunder became the first team in NBA history to have a 50-point-scorer, a 40-point scorer and a triple double in the same game.  We're about to have us an NBA champion a couple hours west of here, imho.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #827 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »
:beer:

We had about a dozen taped-off-tv movies we watched a million times, too, and 2 of them were Karate Kid and Teen Wolf.  I can pretty much quote either.

We also had the second Indiana Jones, Goonies, Earnest Goes to Camp and some gay technicolor version of Peter Pan from the 50's where Peter Pan was a chick.

To this day, every time I see a chick in green tights pretending to be a man, I get so horny....I mean wistful.  Wistful!

By the way, last night, the Thunder became the first team in NBA history to have a 50-point-scorer, a 40-point scorer and a triple double in the same game.  We're about to have us an NBA champion a couple hours west of here, imho.

I've watched several ballgames at the Ford Center or whatever it's called in OKC. Lot of fun, plenty to do right around there too. A lot more tail than you'd think in downtown OKC too.

I had Karate Kid II and Top Gun taped. Taped Top Gun the night they had the tornado that tore up Southside-Bee Branch. I had never seen the part where Maverick has the black co-pilot after Goose died til a few years ago, thanks to a weather bulletin.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #828 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
On top of the 50 and 40, Ibaka also had a triple double in points, rebounds, and blocks. Glad I didn't go to that game.  :suicide:

I've watched several ballgames at the Ford Center or whatever it's called in OKC. Lot of fun, plenty to do right around there too. A lot more tail than you'd think in downtown OKC too.

It's now called Chesapeake Arena or The 'Peake. For some reasons, the powers that be aren't a big fan of it being called The Gas Chamber.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #829 on: February 20, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
I swear every time I tried to tape something off (i.e. Swiss Family Robinson) the TV Margaret Preston was breaking in with a news alert.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #830 on: February 20, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
Excuse me for Linterruping Linsanity, but I just read that Greg Oden still isn't even well enough for them to continue operations on his knees.

I know people keep throwing Sam Bowie's name around, but he played in the NBA for 10 years according to Wikipedia - his sin was simply being drafted before Jordan.

I cannot even begin to think of a bigger bust, maybe in all sports, than Greg Oden.  I think he's well past Kwame Brown and maybe only can be matched by Len Bias, who died, as the biggest bust in NBA history.

People talk about Marinovich, Jamarcus and Mandarich in football, but it seems to me all three played more then Oden. 

I think he's the all-timer.

Am I the only person that has a problem with calling a guy a bust, simply because he's been to injured too play?
Oden definitely did not play at a subpar level when he was healthy or hobbled, even. I'm not going to call a guy like that a "bust."

And whoever said Adam Morrison has a ring with the Lakers.... show me a relevant second that he played in that season.
I'd call that guy a bust way before I would consider Greg Oden. Morrison just wasn't mentally strong enough to commit and work hard enough to play at the level that he was expected. Probably should've seen that coming when he was bawling on the floor after losing to UCLA.

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #831 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
Crazy to think that two of the biggest busts/disappointments/dumbest decisions by the front office of drafting a kid too high were by His Airness.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #832 on: February 20, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »
Crazy to think that two of the biggest busts/disappointments/dumbest decisions by the front office of drafting a kid too high were by His Airness.

He's made a LOT of bad decisions in running the two teams he's had the opportunity to make decisions at.
There's no denying it. He sucks at putting together an NBA team.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
He's made a LOT of bad decisions in running the two teams he's had the opportunity to make decisions at.
There's no denying it. He sucks at putting together an NBA team.

Doesn't his current team have the worst record in the NBA?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »

Doesn't his current team have the worst record in the NBA?

I don't know if it's his current team or former team...  but they're both bad.

Mostly because of him, directly.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »

Crazy to think that the same organization, the Portland Trailblazers, decided Sam Bowie was a better pick than Michael Jordan and that Greg Oden was a better pick than Kevin Durant. Must sting
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »

And whoever said Adam Morrison has a ring with the Lakers....
:sarcasm:

Plus he is a communist.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »
Am I the only person that has a problem with calling a guy a bust, simply because he's been to injured too play?
I would say this is a fair point.  I'll have to give this some thought during my busy "thinking" sessions. 

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #838 on: February 23, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
You know, besides the Hogs v Tide tonight we have a few exciting NBA games: Lakers @ Thunder and Knicks @ Heat

Online Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #839 on: February 23, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »
You know, besides the Hogs v Tide tonight we have a few exciting NBA games: Lakers @ Thunder and Knicks @ Heat

Go Thunder. 

You know, when Kobe retires from the NBA, there will be no one left for me to hate.  There are no current star players that I cannot stand.  As a matter of fact, there are few that I don't actually LIKE.  Yes, I like Blake Griffin.  I like Lebron.  I like Derrick Rose.  I like Linsanity.  I love Dirk.  Actually, I don't much like Pau Gasol.  And even though he's a UALR homeboy, I don't like Fish much either.  But that's because of his association with Kobe. 

I can't imagine the NBA without anyone for me to hate.  Wait, won't Davis from KY be in the NBA next year?  I cannot stand him just because he plays for Calipari.  I guess the same is true for Wall but I don't see him play much so I don't hate him all that much.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #840 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
Fisher had a good game last night against the Mavs.  6 of 8 and some key passes at the end.

One of the two TV guys said something like, "you know for years the Lakers keep trying to put at point guard "Somebody Not Named Fisher." like they're embarrased to have him and they just need to find somebody better.  But he keeps making plays.  And now he's developed a mid-range shot, so he's even better.  Who do you think will be in at crunch time tonight; it's going to be Fisher."
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
Who do you think will be in at crunch time tonight; it's going to be Fisher.

And it was.  I hated that he made plays because that meant the Lakers won and as stated, I hate the Lakers because of Kobe.  I liked the showtime Lakers in the 80's.  I hated Boston back them.  McHale, Bird, Parrish, DJ.  Hated em.  Hated the Pistons in the last 80's, early 90's.  Laimbeer, Isaiah, Dumars.  Hated the 76ers and Iverson.  Didn't give a rat's ass at all about the NBA from about 2000 til just recently.  Lots of exciting stars in the league now who don't appear to be all stuck on themselves like ole Kobe is and Iverson was.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #842 on: February 23, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
If you watch the Lakers with any regularity you will see what a huge issue Fisher has become. He is having just an awful season offensively. He is average 5.5 points a game and I believe having his worst shooting season as a pro. Defensively he makes Ricky Rubio look like Sidney Moncrief. I, and most Laker fans I interact with, appreciate Fisher's career but he is absolutely killing the Lakers this year.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
The NBA
« Reply #843 on: February 23, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »
If you watch the Lakers with any regularity you will see what a huge issue Fisher has become. He is having just an awful season offensively. He is average 5.5 points a game and I believe having his worst shooting season as a pro. Defensively he makes Ricky Rubio look like Sidney Moncrief. I, and most Laker fans I interact with, appreciate Fisher's career but he is absolutely killing the Lakers this year.
Is he that much better than the young guards they have on the bench?

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #844 on: February 23, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »
Is he that much better than the young guards they have on the bench?
Blake is a career back up. I really like Goudelock (of course he played at College of Chas so I am familiar with his game) and think he needs more run, but he isn't a distributor.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #845 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
When a team/player becomes espn's darling, I learn to hate them because they don't let up talking about them. That's brought on my hate for tebow and because of last year's slobfest for the Heat, I hope they lose every game.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #846 on: February 23, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
If you watch the Lakers with any regularity you will see what a huge issue Fisher has become. ...

And I don't and therefore don't dispute a word that you said.  But last night he played well.  With about 20 seconds left, he was trapped by a double team at mid-court, but he threaded the needle on a 40 foot pass to a guy under the basket (who missed the shot and both freethrows, but still ...).

I guessing he has a night like that just often enough to keep around.  If he played bettr or worse, either way, he'd be less of an issue.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »

Watching Shawn Marion take 18 footers last night was painful.  That is one ugly assed shot.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
The NBA
« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »

Watching Shawn Marion take 18 footers last night was painful.  That is one ugly assed shot.
sad thing is I've seen him get on fire with that ugly shot before.  It seems impossible.

Offline aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #849 on: February 23, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
I don't know if it's his current team or former team...  but they're both bad.

Mostly because of him, directly.

He's trying to out do Zeke
frick common. Right on corch.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 20 queries.