Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now they know...  (Read 9823 times)

Offline LutherDelfluvio

• A Shoat
Now they know...
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »
Now they know, things weren't as bad as they thought before Jeff Long or Bobby Petrino arrived.  Now they know, the GOBN may not have been all that bad after all.

Now they know, their beloved Fayetteville campus might be a little tougher to recruit SEC  players to than they originally thought. Now they know Coach Houston Nutt wasn't quite as bad of a recruiter as they thought.

Now they know, not all 5 star Little Rock tailbacks grow up to automatically sign as Hogs. Now they know it does take a little effort, personality, and relationship building to land some of those type players.  Now they know, if you're gonna offer a Little Rock Christian tight end even if to get his 5star buddy, it's best to do it prior to National Signing Day. 

Now they know, Mitch Mustain wasn't quite as great as they originally thought. Now they know he won't win multiple Heisman trophies like they thought. Instead, he'll sit the bench in favor of freshmen, sophomores and an apparent emergency QB who otherwise starts at receiver.

Now they know if they've been paying attention and/or understand a little about football, the core reason why Gus Malzhan didn't garner Houston Nutt's respect. Now they know in the SEC it really does help to have offensive plays where the quarterback can play under the center, do play action pass, hand off behind a lead blocker, read a defense and change the play at the LOS and not have to look at the sideline for a new play, realign the backfield for a blitz protection or run play b/c his offense can actually read a defense and pick up a blitz, maintain a consistant short down yardage game where your gaps aren't as easy to penetrate amoung several other things. If they pay attention they know their current proclaimed top offensive mind in football BMFP believes in basing the QB under center, as well as Houston Nutt. Malzhan never did although I'm sure he does now. That's how all NFL teams do it also. Now they know.

Now they know, that 4 star talent Houston Nutt inherited at Ole Miss seems to keep coming, even after he's had a couple recruiting classes. Now they know after considering he recruited in the teens and they were in the 40's, their cupboard bare excuses for the beatings he's delivered them on the field do not hold much water, or are something to expect more in the future. Now they know, he's either a better recruiter, or recruiting to a better location than Fayetteville. Now they know, maybe the 08 Ole Miss team might not be his best team. 

Now they know, players like Brishen Mathews, Matt Hall, Jesse Grandy, Ferbia Allen, and the 45 yards per punt as a true freshman from LR Catholic would rather play for Nutt than Arkansas. Now they know, they should probably send Nutt a Christmas card for at least backing off Byran Jones in favor of other, perceivably as good or better defensive tackles. When Petrino gets 0% of MS kids both recruit, but Nutt gets some of the Arkansas kids both recruit, that perhaps means Nutt wasn't quite as bad at recruiting Arkansas or whatever state he coaches, as they thought.

Now they know the physically tough, run first, grind it out offense they grew to hate wasn't quite so bad after all, especially if it's an offense their own defense can't stop. Now they know, if they know much about football, why they can stop Urban Meyer and Gus Malzhan's amazing spread-shotgun-option offenses, but Houston Nutt's offense runs over and around them.  Now they know, Nutt isn't quite so bad at stopping a passing offense. Now they know, a pass-first offense isn't as great as they thought against quality SEC defenses. Now they know, in the wake of producing the two worst defenses Arkansas has had since joining the SEC, and was 12th in the conference the last two years, Nutt's coaching, teaching, motivating, philosphy, defensive assistants, or something, weren't quite as bad as they thought since he averaged out to 8th in defense in the SEC his last 4 years.

Now they know that famous spread shotgun option offense may not be all it's cracked up to be. Yea, I know it worked at Florida with hercules Tebow. Well, it worked until the Nicktator Saban destroyed it on the national stage while playing for most the marbles.

2004=14, 2005=16, 2006=15, **2007=29**, 2008=11, and 2009=14. Now they know where the Atlanta Falcons ranked in points allowed since 2004. It was all Michael Vick's fault I guess.

1,1,1,2,3,6,Louisville-8. Now they know a breakdown of players the Big East put in the NFL draft after each of the 2 seasons BMFP coached at Louisville in 05 and 06. Syracuse was second with 6 draftees and parlayed that into a 5-18 record. West Virgina=1, and Rutgers=3 are the two programs who spent time in the top 25 and won 11 games at least one of those two years. BMFP was a stellar .500 against those teams with his 8 draft picks verses their 1 and 3. In 05 he lost 45-14 to a South Florida team with 1 NFL draft pick. I guess that qualifies as MEDIOCRE. With 2 draftees for 2009 and a projected 0 for 2010, now they know how well BMFP recruited in his last 2 years at Louisville in the midst of two of the best back to back years in school history. 

Now they know the coaching, or the recruiting, or development, or the tradition of football in the Big East is such that a team like West VA can be 22-3 in 2 years with 1 NFL draft pick, and Syracuse can be 5-18 with 6. Now they know, a 7-5 SEC team and SEC worst defense, could go to Florida and compete with them, yet a 12-0 Big East team could have got beat 100-0 by Florida in the same year if they wanted to. Now they understand some about the quality of football in the Big East. Now they know BMFP probabaly needs more talent than anyone else to just be MEDIOCRE in a conference where football is king, and he faces 6 or 7 top 20 recruiting classes and coaching staffs per year. Hopefully #46 yields that BCS win they so desperately seek b/c the upperclassmen he took to Gainesville weren't part of classes near that poor. Now they know, that Big East record he had wasn't so impressive after all, since he didn't leave behind the same caliber underclassmen he inherited. Or, he routinely  lost to teams with lesser NFL talent and never beat anyone with more NFL talent.

Now they know, lower tier bowl games against Conference USA teams can be hard to win at Arkansas. Now they know, they are a long way from taking 4 weeks off and lighting up the world with their mighty passing offensive. Now they know, just how far away they are from that coveted BCS game. At least #46 rated recruiting should be another large stepping stone in their journey. Heck, make it 2 stepping stones for that effort.

Now they know why the national media and others outside the state of Arkansas poke fun at Arkansas fans and Arkansas as a state for their deplorable tactics in running off the Razorbacks most successful coach, relative to competition. Now they know just another example of why Arkansas has the "sleep with your sister, abandon your hygiene, go to walmart barefooted" stereotype. After the 2006 and 2007 seasons Arkansas with 10, put the most players in the NFL draft they ever had previously and tied for second most conference wins, of any SEC team with 11. To follow that up by running the coach off anyway b/c of Mustain and Malzhan, now they indeed know another reason Arkansas can be a punchline to people outside of Arkansas.

Now they know, it's odd to an outsider that Arkansas fans didn't enjoy winning or signing the Mcfadden's and Matt Jones's of the world.  They'd rather those players go to Auburn and Ole Miss and hire a coach who couldn't make it through one NFL season and can't recruit
beyond the Rivals top 45. Now they know why words like angry, uneducated, moronic, delusional, miserable, obsessive, redneck, hillbilly can be used to describe so many Arkansans and Razorback messageboard fans. Now they know, logic would suggest Petrino has figured out he can't recruit to Arkansas and will take the first ticket out for greener pastures since he's done that all his life.  Maybe today, they feel better about that idea though.

Now they know that the TulsaHogs, the Victors, the Mattinas were not quite so stupid when they tried to tell them Nutt was actually a good coach.

Now they know, that they don't know exactly how their sporting lives without Frank Broyles or Houston Nutt will be. There seems to be an uneasy feeling amoung the same crowd that ran the men off and gloated after the fact. But today, just a few years later, if you're in the mood to waller around on your floor and laugh hysterically, go to their forums and pull up their comical rationalizations at their worst ever recruiting class, or an official game thread of Ole Miss vs Arkansas, or two long time posters with 10k posts who use to be friends now bickering, or reactions to Long saying Pelphrey would be back next year and the year after no matter what, or their reactions to dwindling attendance, and fundraising, and you can certainly have that side-splitting laugh.

At least at the same time Stan Heath is winning 5 conference games in a row in the nations toughest basketball conference when in the past South Florida had never won 2 straight, John Pelphrey is in first place. That speaks volumes.

GoHogsGo!!!!
I don't think college football should be judged as much for wins losses as much as, how hard the kids play, what kind of disipline, how competitve and entertaining the kids are. I think when you look at arkansas recruiting base and resources vs the other schools in the SEC other than Msu, maybe vanderbuilt, we should be happy we have coach Nutt and give him the 2 million he wants. imho he's worth it.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
Re: Now they know...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:04:25 PM »
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
wow.  

epicfirstpostFAIL.  

Now they know that the TulsaHogs, the Victors, the Mattinas were not quite so stupid when they tried to tell them Nutt was actually a good coach

You're a persistent little fricker.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:08:47 PM by libertyhog »
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline reverendhog

• Chaplain of teh woopussy
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »
wow.  

epicfirstpostFAIL.  

You're a persistent little fricker.
Maybe this was Mattinas required GED essay. Maybe he graduated this time.
He who learns must suffer. And in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God. - Aeschylus

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
Jesus, how is it that Houston Nutt gets so many grown ass people to suck farts outta his asshole.  Really, I don't get the infatuation these people have with the man.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
Now they know LutherDelfluvio is full of effluvium, just like his coach!! 
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »
I dont know any of that aMm.

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:15:27 PM »
Now they know, logic would suggest Petrino has figured out he can't recruit to Arkansas and will take the first ticket out for greener pastures since he's done that all his life.  Maybe today, they feel better about that idea though.

well, if he sucks as bad as you seem to think he does, logic tells me no one will want to hire him.  not sure where these magical greener pastures are for him to jump to.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »
Now they know, blah blah blah blah

GoHogsGo!!!!

Now I know you are a dumb ass.

Offline chosen12005

• A Shoat
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
Wow... I expect the beatings for this fucktard to be epic...  And at the end of the day, may he slam his dick in a rusty screen door and find himself a nice, big bonfire to curl up in...

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
No way I'm reading that whole thing.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:28:39 PM by TravelHog »
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
Wow... I expect the beatings for this fucktard to be epic...  And at the end of the day, may he slam his dick in a rusty screen door and find himself a nice, big bonfire to curl up in...

he wont be back
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
I bet he put on his I 'heart' HDN shirt just to right that.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »
he wont be back

Oh he'll be back. 

He's like the Clap, during the pre-antibiotic days.
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline Magnum PIG

• A Shoat
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
So let me get this straight.  You register yesterday and this is your first post.  You know about Mattina, and you say he/she/it was right, but you never sttod up to defend it then?  Hmm, seems kind of shady to me.  This worthless post is a prime example of why LRSD needs to open and teaching.  Take advantadge of those snow days Mattina.

:popcorn:

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »
Now they know you are very proud of your fine Christian raising and your 8th grade education.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »
Now they know, things weren't as bad as they thought before Jeff Long or Bobby Petrino arrived. 

This is where I stopped reading.  I may be old and past my prime but I can still recognize an attention whore troll when I sees them.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »
Now They Know

Is it possible for us to run out on words like we do with ellipses?

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
It's pretty funny that posts like this used to spur debate, now everyone just laughs.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »

He's not worth the time or effort, and it's what he wants anyway.  A quck application of the "ignore" button is the best response.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
Now you know, I will not read any stupid aMm after one paragraph of the same drivel.

The war is over Hiroo Onoda.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
Somehow this whole thing makes me picture Luther at the 1:40 mark of this clip....

I luv my Houston vey much...now you know dat.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 20 queries.