Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 2015 Off Season Arkansas Basketball Thread  (Read 27457 times)

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ballin' All the Chicks
Re: The 2015 Off Season Arkansas Basketball Thread
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
Dontell Jefferson.  Dontell Jefferson.  Dontell Jefferson.  #14 sucks.

Dude.  its like beetlejuice.  you can't say his name 3 times.   :suicide:
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Joe Swine

• I backtraced it, Doc.
  • King of the Hogs
  • I can guess the rest
« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
Oh I will say Dontell Jefferson.  You haters had no idea just how borderline sufficient Heath was and what true awfulness meant until we had #14 as a starter.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
The 2015 Off Season Arkansas Basketball Thread
« Reply #602 on: May 19, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »
For fucks sake. FOUR. 4. Not 14.

Offline houstondalenuttindaface

• A Shoat
  • Cashin checks, gettin sex
« Reply #603 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:54 PM »
If we're gonna talk frustrating Razorback players, allow me to throw Gary Ervin in the mix.  I've never seen a pg persistently drive into the lane and try to lay it up against centers and not learning a gotdamn thing after being blocked numerous times.  Gary fuckin Ervin.
I seen my light come shinin,
from the west down to the east,
anyday now, anyday now,
Frank shall be released

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs

Offline Ty Webb

• Thank you very little.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »
Oh I will say Dontell Jefferson.  You haters had no idea just how borderline sufficient Heath was and what true awfulness meant until we had #14 as a starter.
Jefferson wasn't the worst player ever. I know he wasn't great but his SR year he averaged 22mpg  and while he only scored 3ppg (on less than 3 attempts per game) he did average 3 rebounds per game and over 4 assists per game with a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio (142/71). He also had 56 steals and as Dirk said he had a cup of coffee in the NBA.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Online Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Some maths:   #4 > #00

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
Jefferson wasn't the worst player ever. I know he wasn't great but his SR year he averaged 22mpg  and while he only scored 3ppg (on less than 3 attempts per game) he did average 3 rebounds per game and over 4 assists per game with a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio (142/71). He also had 56 steals and as Dirk said he had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

He hit a last second shot to beat Kansas once. Some preseason aMm.  Maybe NIT.

Online aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2015, 11:01:35 AM »
We talkin bout #4!

#4!!!!

Off topic but Syracuse is allowing #44 to be worn again.  It was retired in 2005. I mean at least retire it for 44 years or something
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #609 on: May 20, 2015, 12:11:27 PM »
Jefferson wasn't the worst player ever. I know he wasn't great but his SR year he averaged 22mpg

Shaqdiesel Turbodiesel

Offline HughJasole

• "He’s still Bobby Mother------- Petrino.”
  • Tush Hog
  • Sowing the seeds of Jessica Dorrell
« Reply #610 on: May 20, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »

Maui.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #611 on: May 20, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »

It was a last second blocked shot he had versus Kansas in Maui. And yeah he was pretty brutal on offense but he was a helluva defensive player, but no one really notices perimeter defense. That's why he had his cup of coffee in the NBA.

Offline flash23

• A Shoat
« Reply #612 on: May 20, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »
He had (maybe is still having) a pretty good career in the D League, too. Or is that like being the smartest kid in special ed? Either way, he's not near as bad as some people say.

Offline Stroking Mike Ditka

• A Shoat
« Reply #613 on: May 20, 2015, 08:27:05 PM »
I guess Jimmy Whitt, Ted Kapita and Dusty Hannahs are going to be absolute garbage and none of the returning players are going to be any better.

Not saying they're going to win 27 games, but to automatically declare 2015-16 as a failure before the schedule is even out is more than pessimistic. I still think they can find a way to win 21-22 games and get on the bubble.
The Hogs have 11 scholarships filled but we have 12 basketball players on the roster. Lets remember Manny Watkins, a walk-on player. We've got 11 players that can suit up and play next season, at the moment, not counting the Colorado transfer. We're not in dire straits there, but injuries would be more of a factor than last season (we already have one at great risk in Kapita). Also, we have Hannahs coming in on the active roster.

This is going to be a developmental year. But I was hoping that it could have been that and us still make the NCAA ttournament but that's unreasonable. In order to do that, we'd have had to add 1-2 players that could really contribute next year. My biggest concern to me is the front court. There isn't much ability to score the ball unless Kapita is fully healthy and in Fastest 40 minutes shape, which I doubt he will be. It's still not over yet, but it seems like a seemingly viable option goes off the board with each passing day. I don't hold out much hope that the new roster, as it is now, can make the postseason. Maybe the CBI or CIT. I foresee a 2016 team similar to the 2013 season where Hogs barely miss the NIT.
If you're not in the parade, you watch the parade. That's life.---Mike Ditka

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2015, 04:25:50 AM »
On paper, it looks like we barely miss the tourney this year.  But this is the year we see how much growth the players have experienced in Anderson's system.  I don't know about the new guys, but we should have as much talent this year as three years ago.  For some reason, I think we'll win 22-23 games.  That should be enough to make the tourney.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Online goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »
On paper, it looks like we barely miss the tourney this year.  But this is the year we see how much growth the players have experienced in Anderson's system.  I don't know about the new guys, but we should have as much talent this year as three years ago.  For some reason, I think we'll win 22-23 games.  That should be enough to make the tourney.

i'll have what he's having.

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 33 queries.