Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2016 High School Football  (Read 52068 times)

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
Re: 2016 High School Football
« Reply #575 on: April 03, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
And before anyone mentions player safety, refs already have the authority to cancel, postpone, shorten, or delay games due to weather.  And whether it is explicitly in the rules or not, they sometimes stop play early in the season for additional water breaks without charging the teams a time out.

An officials timeout for a water break? I'm at a game every Friday night in the fall and I've NEVER seen this. 
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
An officials timeout for a water break? I'm at a game every Friday night in the fall and I've NEVER seen this.

They usually only do it for  the first couple of games.  I've seen it many times.  You actually may have thought it was one of the teams calling timeout.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #577 on: April 03, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »
I first saw it at soccer games and have since seen it at August and early Sept football games. I think I even saw a college game on TV a year or two ago early in the season and the temp was over 100 and they built in an extra break in the middle of  each quarter.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #578 on: April 03, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
They usually only do it for  the first couple of games.  I've seen it many times.  You actually may have thought it was one of the teams calling timeout.

He did say he only goes to games in the fall.  Since it's still summer until the third week of September, he may have missed it.

;D
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

• Boar
« Reply #579 on: April 03, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »

That's interesting. I keep stats while broadcasting on the radio and I've never noticed it. I'll have to specifically look for it this fall.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline kingofdequeen

• Boar
  • Business Ethics expert.
« Reply #580 on: April 03, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
That's interesting. I keep stats while broadcasting on the radio and I've never noticed it. I'll have to specifically look for it this fall.

then who'll insure the accuracy of the Mena Bearcats' statistics?
When did you stop beating your gay lover?

Offline Love Handle

• A Shoat
« Reply #581 on: April 03, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
If you have a good white hat he'll do it after a change of possession but not one that would interfere with the flow of the game.  After a punt usually.  If it is an interception or fumble he'll generally wait so as not to affect momentum. 

• Boar
« Reply #582 on: April 03, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »
then who'll insure the accuracy of the Mena Bearcats' statistics?

Thankfully, I've never been to Mena in my life. Try again.

Offline kingofdequeen

• Boar
« Reply #583 on: April 03, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
Thankfully, I've never been to Mena in my life. Try again.

you'll get no judgement from me, sir.  i wouldn't admit that shit either.

• Boar
« Reply #584 on: April 03, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
you'll get no judgement from me, sir.  i wouldn't admit that shit either.

I wouldn't admit to being from DeQueen either.   :stache:

Offline kingofdequeen

• Boar
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
if this were the futbol thread you'd claim it.

• Boar
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »
if this were the futbol thread you'd claim it.

If this was a soccer thread I wouldn't be reading or posting on it.  :D

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
Isn't the entire turf at WMS artificial?   Boy, some fire heater gets kicked over and you'd have pandemonium a meltdown.
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 36 queries.