Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enrollment, campus growth  (Read 81198 times)

Offline ^_^

• A Shoat
Re: Enrollment, campus growth
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
Talking about views, those in the food court eating area at the Union are great.

Yeah I know what you're talking about; those big windows looking south.  Thats one of the first things I remember seeing when I finally became a student.  I had been around campus, but not inside very many buildings.  Its a shame more buildings don't take advantage of the views from campus.  Kimpel is a great example of a bricked-in tall building that is missing out on some dramatic views in all directions because it has so few windows.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
Yeah I know what you're talking about; those big windows looking south.  Thats one of the first things I remember seeing when I finally became a student.  I had been around campus, but not inside very many buildings.  Its a shame more buildings don't take advantage of the views from campus.  Kimpel is a great example of a bricked-in tall building that is missing out on some dramatic views in all directions because it has so few windows.
I like the views from the lobby of Reid much better. Also walking along Maple Street has some nice views at times.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Count Porkula

• Adjust the base and let the Alpine Blast
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
 Kimpel is a great example of a bricked-in tall building that is missing out on some dramatic views in all directions because it has so few windows. shithole

fixed
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline razorbackaaron

• Tush Hog
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
I like the views from the lobby of Reid much better. Also walking along Maple Street has some nice views at times.

My last semester, I had an elective class in the HPER and road the bus to bell afterwards.  It picked up at Reid.  I liked riding that bus.
I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline Shermy

• #thicke UTV
  • Boar
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Kimpel is sinking at a pretty crazy rate--like half an inch a year. Don't think it will be around for much longer. And it is a huge shithole.

Online Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »

When I moved my daughter into Reid her freshman year I was in the elevator after dropping off trash when the door opened on the 2nd floor and 3 girls jumped in right out of the shower wrapped in towels. Since I didn't want to look like a perv, I stared at my shoes for 4 floors. My son, a sophomore in HS at the time, told me when we got to our floor that he was going to be a Hog! It was a great recuiting tool!
AYFSM?

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »

Bell Engineering Lounges facing Dickson St. had some pretty good views during early fall and spring semesters. It was nice to see joggers while studying.

Offline hit_that_line

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Kimpel is sinking at a pretty crazy rate--like half an inch a year. Don't think it will be around for much longer. And it is a huge shithole.
I thought they fixed that a while back? And why the Starkville are Yokum and Humphrey's still around? Those two pieces of aMm need to be torn down. I never understood why when you took a campus visit they took you to see those dorms.
"You're hurt son? aMm just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fricking."

Offline ^_^

• A Shoat
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »
I thought they fixed that a while back? And why the Starkville are Yokum and Humphrey's still around? Those two pieces of aMm need to be torn down. I never understood why when you took a campus visit they took you to see those dorms.

I'm sure it is on their agenda after they figure out where they are going to stick the 1000+ freshmen that would normally be staying in those rooms.

Offline wmr

• Boar
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »

Yocum and Humphreys were slated for demolition and were going to be replaced by housing similar to the rendering I posted.  Since it appears the U of A will grow to at least 25k students sometime in the next couple of years, those plans have been put on hold.  They can't be tearing down dorms while there is a giant housing shortage on campus.  Yocum is getting a $3million face-lift as a part of the recent bond package.  Maybe when enrollment growth levels off in say 5 years, they will revisit knocking those big ugly frickers down.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
Yocum and Humphreys were slated for demolition and were going to be replaced by housing similar to the rendering I posted.  Since it appears the U of A will grow to at least 25k students sometime in the next couple of years, those plans have been put on hold.  They can't be tearing down dorms while there is a giant housing shortage on campus.  Yocum is getting a $3million face-lift as a part of the recent bond package.  Maybe when enrollment growth levels off in say 5 years, they will revisit knocking those big ugly frickers down.

Good bird watching from Yocum. Fond memories. :beer:

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »
I thought they fixed that a while back?

Kimpel had that murder-suicide in 2000, but I think that's as close as it got.
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline beastman

• A Shoat
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
Here is one of the nicer views on campus

Offline razorbackaaron

• Tush Hog
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »
Bell Engineering Lounges facing Dickson St. had some pretty good views during early fall and spring semesters. It was nice to see joggers while studying.

Yep.  And trying to watch vehicles make it up the hill at that stop sign when it rained.  Those were some slick roads.
I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
Here is one of the nicer views on campus

I bet you're  :rainbow:!

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2011, 04:18:56 PM »
When I moved my daughter into Reid her freshman year I was in the elevator after dropping off trash when the door opened on the 2nd floor and 3 girls jumped in right out of the shower wrapped in towels. Since I didn't want to look like a perv, I stared at my shoes for 4 floors. My son, a sophomore in HS at the time, told me when we got to our floor that he was going to be a Hog! It was a great recuiting tool!

Wow - what do you call your son? O0
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline beastman

• A Shoat
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
I bet you're  special!

Because of where that picture was taken from?

Offline Count Porkula

• Adjust the base and let the Alpine Blast
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
Good bird watching from Yocum. Fond memories. :beer:

didn't know you were british.   ;)
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
didn't know you were british.   ;)

It's in the genes. :shocker:

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »
Because of where that picture was taken from?

No, just what you think is a good view and what I think is a good view is on campus.

Offline wmr

• Boar
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
http://www.treanorarchitects.com/treanor-student-life/university-arkansas-pomfret-hall-honors-quarters-r/

This shows a little slideshow of some of what is being planned for Pomfret.

Offline Shermy

• #thicke UTV
  • Boar
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
http://www.treanorarchitects.com/treanor-student-life/university-arkansas-pomfret-hall-honors-quarters-r/

This shows a little slideshow of some of what is being planned for Pomfret.

Honors kids are smart, though. No matter how nice Pomfret is, you still have to walk up and down that bitch of a hill.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
Honors kids are smart, though. No matter how nice Pomfret is, you still have to walk up and down that bitch of a hill.

That's just helps to keep the freshman 15 from setting in.

Offline wmr

• Boar
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »
Peabody Hall is being renovated.  If you went to U of A in the last 30 years, you remember it looking like this:

It originally looked like this:

Its being restored to its original appearance and renovated inside:

Its actually all red brick now and pretty close to completion.  I think they'll finish it this summer.  The ROTC building nearby is also being renovated.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 20 queries.