Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enrollment, campus growth  (Read 85442 times)

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Re: Enrollment, campus growth
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2011, 01:28:54 AM »
Wow, a great improvement.  Makes one wonder who thought it was a good idea to paint it all white.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
I always thought Peabody was a shithole..  I could never see past that ugly ass white paint.  That makes it look SOOOO much better.  Good move there.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
I had Ethics in that building. Glad to see how we are renovating old buildings, instead of tearing them down. :thumbup:

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
I had Ethics in that building. Glad to see how we are renovating old buildings, instead of tearing them down. :thumbup:

Yep.  There are only 2 class/office buildings on campus that just need to go.  Kimpel and that Grad building that looks like a prison.

Offline Count Porkula

• Adjust the base and let the Alpine Blast
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
Yep.  There are only 2 class/office buildings on campus that just need to go.  Kimpel and that Grad building that looks like a prison.

Kimpel does need to go.  Whomever thought that a yellow brick building would fit in needs to be shot.  I just don't know how they can displace that much classroom area though. 

Grad Ed is on the chopping block, but unsure of when they want to start it.  Vol Walker & Ozark are first in line.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
Wow - what do you call your son? O0

Horny!
AYFSM?

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »
Kimpel does need to go.  Whomever thought that a yellow brick building would fit in needs to be shot.  I just don't know how they can displace that much classroom area though. 

Grad Ed is on the chopping block, but unsure of when they want to start it.  Vol Walker & Ozark are first in line.

If Vol Walker is the one next to Bell Engineering, then I vote for that one.

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
Have any of yall ever looked at the old master plans hanging in Mullens by the reading room?  If they had gone through with those and not discovered yellow brick the campus would be incredible.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
Kimpel does need to go.  Whomever thought that a yellow brick building would fit in needs to be shot.  I just don't know how they can displace that much classroom area though.  

Grad Ed is on the chopping block, but unsure of when they want to start it.  Vol Walker & Ozark are first in line.

I agree.  Hopefully Kimpel will eventually be torn down.  Good to hear that Grad Ed is planned for demolition, too.  That is an ugly building that is now surrounded by renovated historic buildings (Carnall Hall, Peabody, Memorial).

There's a feature on campus planning in the Alumi magazine.  Looks like the campus is really focused on building good looking complimentary buildings for the first time post WWII.

:thumbup:
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Have any of yall ever looked at the old master plans hanging in Mullens by the reading room?  If they had gone through with those and not discovered yellow brick the campus would be incredible.

http://planning.uark.edu/article_planning_spring11.pdf
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Count Porkula

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
If Vol Walker is the one next to Bell Engineering, then I vote for that one.

Vol Walker is the Architecture school
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »

Ok, then I vote for Ozark to be torn down. I like Vol Walker's Roman Architecture.

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Ok, then I vote for Ozark to be torn down. I like Vol Walker's Roman Architecture.

Stop.. Ozark is being renovated per Porkula's post.  It is also on the list of national historic places or whatever so good luck on getting it demolished.  Do you even know what Ozark looks like.  Once its cleaned up it will look awesome again.

aMm like the Union needs to be torn down if anything.  Start over with that ugly building.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Jizzbucket Steve
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »
did they ever figure out the parking situation for next fall?  Weren't they considering nixing all the parking in the pit and building something there and then making all staff park way down by the baseball field and bus it up? 

What about U of A staff being reimbursed at year end for paid parking?  I think it's ludicrous that you work for the U of A but they won't comp or discount your parking and it costs some $800 a year to park.  You people should take that up with the state because all other government employees have their parking comped.

frick the skipper.  That turd rancher fits in at a homosexual nude nursing home, and nobvillehomeofthedregsand

Offline Count Porkula

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »

aMm like the Union needs to be torn down if anything.  Start over with that ugly building.

it is about to undergo a major overhaul as well. within the next year they are adding a gaming (nerd  :deek:) lounge where the general bookstore was and an auxiliary HPER facility downstairs where the textbooks were. they are planning on doing quite a bit actually

did they ever figure out the parking situation for next fall?  Weren't they considering nixing all the parking in the pit and building something there and then making all staff park way down by the baseball field and bus it up? 

What about U of A staff being reimbursed at year end for paid parking?  I think it's ludicrous that you work for the U of A but they won't comp or discount your parking and it costs some $800 a year to park.  You people should take that up with the state because all other government employees have their parking comped.

nothing is final - some of the parking plans have been in front of the BOT for 2 years now. a more likely scenario is moving all the students down to lot 56 and making them bus up the hill.

we do get some discounted parking, but it has to be paid for somehow - Sue Madison introduced a bill that would make the universities (all that charge) reimburse employees by the end of each fiscal year any money paid for parking over $10.  That was pretty much shot down when they said they'd just pass the cost along to the students.  The maintenance and upkeep, not to mention repayment of bonds for the parking decks have to paid somehow. Parking is an auxiliary function of the university and receives ZERO state dollars so they have to produce revenue somehow to pay for all the concrete and employees in their charge.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »

If you see this women behind you, run.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
it is about to undergo a major overhaul as well. within the next year they are adding a gaming (nerd  :deek:) lounge where the general bookstore was and an auxiliary HPER facility downstairs where the textbooks were. they are planning on doing quite a bit actually

Slot machines?

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »
Slot machines?

"You paid 200 dollars for that book 4 months ago, we'll give you 17.95.  Cash or Chip?"

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »
Didn't they try to turn the Razorback shop in the union into some sort of Campus Bed Bath and Beyond like what Walmart is doing at the parking garage.

Offline Count Porkula

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »
Didn't they try to turn the Razorback shop in the union into some sort of Campus Bed Bath and Beyond like what Walmart is doing at the parking garage.

partially - half BBB & half razorback shop

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

"You paid 200 dollars for that book 4 months ago, we'll give you 17.95.  Cash or Chip?"

how come the off campus bookstores have never been taken to fricking task.  Both dickson st. book exchange and campus bookstore have counters where you can't see a fricking book if you wanted to.  Call and ask about individual price?  Tough aMm.  "we have the lowest prices in town, we shop the competitors"  HOW THE frick CAN YOU DO THAT WHEN THEY HAVE THE SAME GD POLICY?!?!?  There has to be some sort of law being broken.  You tell them teh books and they just bring them up to the counter with a total.  frick that.  Dickson St. Book Exchange didn't do that til my last semester or I might have thrown some sort of fit legally.  I don't think I can go to the grocery store and not know the price of ANY groceries but be given a lump sum when I get to the counter.  I assume everyone will say its their business and they can do what they want?  I'm seriously curious.  But when ALL of the bookstores employ the same tactic then you have to go there.  BTW.. do they still do this now?  I hope my rant isn't for nothing.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
Makes one wonder who thought it was a good idea to paint it all white.

Some Ol' Miss grad.

Pictures of the "Archi-Ghettos" from the 1970's are interesting.  They let students build desk spaces up to the ceilings, which are damn high in that building.  There's a pic in this publication:

http://architecture.uark.edu/review_06.pdf
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:39:02 PM by HogTat »
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline hogthebountyhunter

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »
This may have already been posted, but here is a rendering of the proposed addition to Vol Walker Hall.

Steven L. Anderson Design Center

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:56 PM »
This may have already been posted, but here is a rendering of the proposed addition to Vol Walker Hall.

Steven L. Anderson Design Center

Well, that sure fits right in.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline Shermy

• #thicke UTV
  • Boar
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
Well, that sure fits right in.

That looks retarded

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 21 queries.