Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enrollment, campus growth  (Read 88269 times)

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Largest Freshman Class in history:

http://www.4029tv.com/news/24263125/detail.html

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Record enrollment likely in the fall, applications up 26% over last year
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »
I was told Marcus High School (Flower Mound, TX) alone has 85 freshmen enrolled at UofA this fall.  Eighty-five.
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
I was told Marcus High School (Flower Mound, TX) alone has 85 freshmen enrolled at UofA this fall.  Eighty-five.

There are just short of 1,000 bitches going thru rush and over half of them are from the state of Texas.  Now is a good time to be a male at the University, really good odds...

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
There are just short of 1,000 bitches going thru rush and over half of them are from the state of Texas.  Now is a good time to be a male at the University, really good odds...
For all it's problems and arrogance....Texan wimmens are among the finest in the country. Most of the hottest girls on campus in Fayetteville are from Texas.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Re: Record enrollment official - 21,406 on campus in Fayetteville Fall 2010
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »
As a sad side note, you people that don't have kids in Fayetteville High School have no idea how this has basically eliminated all parking on that campus, along with the construction projects. 

College kids and high school kids all competing for the same parking along with the city council's onerous fixation on fricking up all parking in downtown Fayetteville...... it is one giant FAIL.

Offline gvillehawg

• A Shoat
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »

I use to think UA was huge when attending there.  Then I went to work here at UF and finally went back to Fay to see my name in the walk and realized its actually quite small.  UF enrollment = 51K.  That alumni base makes a huge difference.

Of course, University of Phoenix has everyone beat with 300K enrolled.....

http://www.stateuniversity.com/rank/tot_enroll_rank.html

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
Of course, University of Phoenix has everyone beat with 300K enrolled.....

As long as their football team doesn't make a jump to the SEC, we're good.

Offline Mavis

• A Shoat
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
two words:  lottery scholarships

Offline Denny Crane

• Smokin' a Cigar...
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
Growing too fast does no one any good. Ask UCA. I hope they slow it down.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
As a sad side note, you people that don't have kids in Fayetteville High School have no idea how this has basically eliminated all parking on that campus, along with the construction projects.  

College kids and high school kids all competing for the same parking along with the city council's onerous fixation on fricking up all parking in downtown Fayetteville...... it is one giant FAIL.

Remind me again about how great an idea it was for the UofA  to take over the land that FHS is on until FHS got greedy along with some of the local fucktards thinking that it was cool to continue to be located next to the university bemoaning a relocation.

They'll have to deck lot 67.  The fact they are bringing Hotz Hall out of mothballs is notable.

The community colleges are already bitching about how the amounts of lottery schollie money are distributed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:14:07 PM by chittlins »

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 12:33:24 PM »
Remind me again about how great an idea it was for the UofA  to take over the land that FHS is on until FHS got greedy along with some of the local fucktards thinking that it was cool to continue to be located next to the university bemoaning a relocation.

I love this town but it is one of the most "cliquey" towns you'll ever see.  I know well the faction of people who dominated this part of the discussion.  Their agenda was pretty much, in my opinion, based on sentimentality for their little slice of pie that they grew up with and some nebulous idea of academic co-existence.

Normal people, you know, the ones who didn't grow up in downtown and for the most part didn't inherit a bunch of property, pretty much feel fricked.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 12:38:19 PM »

The Hogs winning the national championship next season sure won't help, then.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Too bad FPS can't reconsider.  It's fricked up.  That land would be a perfect addition to the UA.  With the growth in West Fayetteville (and lots of families in East Fayetteville) a high school in both areas would have been a perfect adjustment. 

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

The UA is not giving their product away like UCA did.  Every scholarship they award is backed up by real money.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »

The UA is not giving their product away like UCA did.  Every scholarship they award is backed up by real money.

Phat_Hawg Fiscal Phace!

I give this post 3.5 snaps.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
I have 2 enrolled at the UofA and they have many, many friends from Texas.
AYFSM?

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »
Supposedly, UT & A$M have adopted some extremely restrive admissions policies which have left some well qualified (academically) students without a lot of good 4 year state school options, especially if they're in north Texas.  They've got UNT and TWU close by, the latter still mostly women and nursing students.  UNT has a national rep in the arts but is perceived as a little weak in business and science.  Plus, it is sorta a commuter school.

So, these kids are choosing between Texas Tech, smaller Texas state schools, and UA & OU.  We are supposedly getting a lot of strong freshmen from north Texas.  My kids have friends from Lewisville, Plano, McKinney, even Highland Park.  I don't know if we are waiving out of state tuition for these kids but if so, UA would be a pretty attractive option.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »

Bingo.  Growth didn't screw UCA.  Massive financial mismanagement by their GOB network did.

Offline Hawgwild8988

• Boar
  • e pluribus sooie
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »
Supposedly, UT & A$M have adopted some extremely restrive admissions policies which have left some well qualified (academically) students without a lot of good 4 year state school options, especially if they're in north Texas.  They've got UNT and TWU close by, the latter still mostly women and nursing students.  UNT has a national rep in the arts but is perceived as a little weak in business and science.  Plus, it is sorta a commuter school.

So, these kids are choosing between Texas Tech, smaller Texas state schools, and UA & OU.  We are supposedly getting a lot of strong freshmen from north Texas.  My kids have friends from Lewisville, Plano, McKinney, even Highland Park.  I don't know if we are waiving out of state tuition for these kids but if so, UA would be a pretty attractive option.

*See the Top 10% Rule

The Top 10% of every graduating class in a Texas high school is automatically accepted into all Texas public schools. This causes a problem when someone goes to a school with a graduating class of 500+ with a lot of qualified applicants versus someone who went to a small high school with lax academic policies.

The University of Arkansas is raping and pillaging Texas high schools for their best and brightest. It looks like it is paying off.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
GOB is right.  Dr. Stanton was the only member of the BOT who spoke up on some of that Lu mess and was rewarded by Beebe by not being reappointed to the board.

After watching that 30 on 30 thing, some of the SMU folks reminded of some of the UCA board.  They're only pissed that Lu got caught.  They still act like he did nothing wrong, or at least nothing they'd mind living with as long as enrollment numbers went up and more general budget money got shifted over to football (to disguise their massive losses).

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
I have 2 enrolled at the UofA and they have many, many friends from Texas.

What does your bad parenting have to do with this?

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »

The top 10% is causing Texas to hemorrhage these kids to out of state schools and they aren't figuring it out.  Texas has become almost impossible to get into if you aren't in that top 10% category.  A lot of people just don't like aTm because of the culture and location.  Tech isn't perceived as a good school.  In north Texas UA and OU seem like very reasonable options if you can get a tuition waiver.

I think a 3.0 and 24 on the ACT gets you in-state tuition to UA if you are a Texas resident.  I know a girl who had a 3.8 in HS and 31 on the ACT who transferred up there from UT-Arlington and I know another kid on the hockey team from Plano that was a competitive student.

It's nice because it's surging enrollment and giving the UA kids with good grades.

My son goes to a good private school in Arlington similar to PA in Little Rock.  Few kids there go to Texas simply because of the 10% rule.  It's easier to get into technically more competitive private schools.  TCU is very popular around here as well, but UA is cheaper.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 22 queries.