Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Courtney Fortson declares for NBA Draft...  (Read 10966 times)

Online bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
Re: Courtney Fortson declares for NBA Draft...
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Where? Amsterdam?
Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
It is RUMORED he has hired an agent

I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline pigz_in_the_twigz

• A Shoat
  • ICE COLD
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 10:00:12 PM »
Per Twitter, he signed with bpsm

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline PIG.WEED

• Flying under the radar for 2012.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »
Per Twitter, he signed with bpsm
:devil:

This situation is tiring.  It want to feel good about basketball again.    ::)
Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for any inconvenie

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
Here's a link for those who like those kind of things...

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=121363

FAYETTEVILE - Courtney Fortson's Arkansas career is over.

BP Sports Management of Atlanta announced Wednesday evening that Fortson is now among its roster of clients. Charles Briscoe, who also lists former Razorbacks Stef Welsh and Mike Washington among his clients, will represent the sophomore guard.

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »
Here's a link for those who like those kind of things...

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=121363

FAYETTEVILE - Courtney Fortson's Arkansas career is over.

BP Sports Management of Atlanta announced Wednesday evening that Fortson is now among its roster of clients. Charles Briscoe, who also lists former Razorbacks Stef Welsh and Mike Washington among his clients, will represent the sophomore guard.

Washington appears to be the "headliner" of this agency.  Look forward to reading about them going out of business any day now.

http://www.bpsportsmanagement.com/

Offline jmcwill04

• $KRILLA ADDICT
  • A Shoat
  • simpler times :.(
    • http://www.boattrader.com/
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »
Washington appears to be the "headliner" of this agency.  Look forward to reading about them going out of business any day now.

http://www.bpsportsmanagement.com/

Rye Zinder says frick yo couch

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 11:54:57 PM »
Wow, I bet teams will be lining up at their door to get at their client list.

A center who's soft, a point guard who can't (or won't) pass, and an overall team cancer.  That's quite a lineup.

Washington/Welsh/Fortson = Wilson/Jefferson/Ervin???

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 06:40:44 AM »
Afgan National team here they come aalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal lalalalalala

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:45 AM »
This agent will be raking it in. I mean do the math. 15% of nothing = well, maybe a lot of dope instead.

Offline ColdPork

• Boar
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 09:00:51 AM »
Na na hey hey.......
Just ask the Axis

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »
Does anyone believe that Fortson is going to stick around and finish the semester and leave in goo academic standing?

I don't. Part of Phel's contract that deals with "termination with cause" is a lose of scholarship due to APR. That would let the UofA loff the hook concerning buyouts and make it a much cheaper proposition. This is on Phel, Courtney belongs to him along with the rest of those first two washed out recruiting classes thats hit the APR.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:48 AM »
Fortson will be tougher somewhere else. His passing ability is very good and will showcase with a team he has confidence in.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »
Does anyone believe that Fortson is going to stick around and finish the semester and leave in goo academic standing?

I don't. Part of Phel's contract that deals with "termination with cause" is a lose of scholarship due to APR. That would let the UofA loff the hook concerning buyouts and make it a much cheaper proposition. This is on Phel, Courtney belongs to him along with the rest of those first two washed out recruiting classes thats hit the APR.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the next two year cycle for APR should be all Pel's.  Maybe Long's had the termination for cause/ no buyout plan on his mind all along.  If we have to suffer through another year like the last two we damned sure shouldn't have to pay him a buyout for the privilege.

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Wow, I bet teams will be lining up at their door to get at their client list.

A center who's soft, a point guard who can't (or won't) pass, and an overall team cancer.  That's quite a lineup.

Washington/Welsh/Fortson = Wilson/Jefferson/Ervin???

That point guard who can't or won't pass led the SEC in assists this year and has one of two triple doubles in Arkansas history.  I really don't get the basketball aMm-talk towards Fortson.  His freshman year, he was a pure point guard until the rest of the team gave up.  Since he never gave up, he ended up trying to win games himself.  His sophomore year, lather rinse repeat.

I'm aware he has dreadlocks and smokes weed and makes faces and writes horribly indecent twitter updates and doesn't play like John Stockton, but the kid has played like a pure point guard every time his teammates have helped him out, and has put the team on his back when they didn't.  If ya'll have a beef with how the kid plays, you need to talk to his dumbassed coach. He's a Starkville of a talented player, and could have been an all-time great Razorback with some help and a decent coach.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »
That point guard who can't or won't pass led the SEC in assists this year and has one of two triple doubles in Arkansas history.  I really don't get the basketball aMm-talk towards Fortson.  His freshman year, he was a pure point guard until the rest of the team gave up.  Since he never gave up, he ended up trying to win games himself.  His sophomore year, lather rinse repeat.

I'm aware he has dreadlocks and smokes weed and makes faces and writes horribly indecent twitter updates and doesn't play like John Stockton, but the kid has played like a pure point guard every time his teammates have helped him out, and has put the team on his back when they didn't.  If ya'll have a beef with how the kid plays, you need to talk to his dumbassed coach. He's a Starkville of a talented player, and could have been an all-time great Razorback with some help and a decent coach.

The turnovers is what kills me...as a point guard you can't get lazy with the ball. Now some of that is attributed to his teammates not keeping up with what dude is doing but a lot of it was him driving too deep into the paint and then trying to dish.
I totally yielded.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »

I agree with much of what you say but it is mainly on Fortson that he was an unreliable free throw shooter.   I also would normally question how much coaching he takes based on the petulant behavior I would see on the bench and all of those incidents of him standing outside of the huddle, seemingly pouting but for the fact that the other two clients of this dopey agent displaying the same behavior.

Nolan and Eddie AND Mike Anderson must just feel like crying when they see how Pelphrey appears to be so helpless as a game coach.  Stan Heath must feel like Dean Smith when he watches Pelphrey basketball. 

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
The turnovers is what kills me...as a point guard you can't get lazy with the ball. Now some of that is attributed to his teammates not keeping up with what dude is doing but a lot of it was him driving too deep into the paint and then trying to dish.

I agree the turnovers suck.  Probably a third of them are passes that bounce off shitty post-players' hands, and God knows the numbers get jacked up every time Fortson tries to become LeBron, though.  I don't think his numbers would be that bad for a soph, TO-wise, if he was playing the role he played the first half of his freshman season all the time, though.  If you look through his game-by-game stats for his time here, there is almost a direct correlation where the more assists he had, the less turnovers he had.  He's had 10 or more assists 5 times, and in only one of those did he have more than 5 turnovers, meanwhile he's had less than 5 assists 17 times, and he had more TOs than assists in 14 of those 17 games (twice had 4 of each, once he had 4 assists, 1 TO).  That tells me that when his teammates are helping out, he's much less of a turnover machine.  I don't think he'll ever get meaningful minutes in the league, but it wouldn't shock me if he got drafted in the second round just on potential.  He's awful short, but if the right system got ahold of him, he could be a decent PG at the next level.  It would take a very good fit, though, because he hasn't been developed at all at this level.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
Point:

He made a huge difference on this team.

Counterpoint:

We sucked anyways.

Hopefully he does well in his professional endeavors. It was fun watching him play... just a shame he came through a forgettable era of Arkansas basketball.

2livejew

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
15 wins next year?

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:33 PM »
15 wins next year?

Maybe for the Texass 5A state football champion.  No way our basketball team wins 15 games next year.  No way.

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
I agree the turnovers suck.  Probably a third of them are passes that bounce off shitty post-players' hands, and God knows the numbers get jacked up every time Fortson tries to become LeBron, though.  I don't think his numbers would be that bad for a soph, TO-wise, if he was playing the role he played the first half of his freshman season all the time, though.  If you look through his game-by-game stats for his time here, there is almost a direct correlation where the more assists he had, the less turnovers he had.  He's had 10 or more assists 5 times, and in only one of those did he have more than 5 turnovers, meanwhile he's had less than 5 assists 17 times, and he had more TOs than assists in 14 of those 17 games (twice had 4 of each, once he had 4 assists, 1 TO).  That tells me that when his teammates are helping out, he's much less of a turnover machine.  I don't think he'll ever get meaningful minutes in the league, but it wouldn't shock me if he got drafted in the second round just on potential.  He's awful short, but if the right system got ahold of him, he could be a decent PG at the next level.  It would take a very good fit, though, because he hasn't been developed at all at this level.

You look through the NBA and back up point guards aren't your flashy try to do too much type guys...most of them are just real steady don't be a hero type guys. Fortson has a long ways to go in order to be an NBA player but I have no doubt he has the talent...it's the other intangibles he has to master in order to really even get a serious shot. I'm not very optimistic he will be drafted but much might depend on if he impresses in these combines and what not.
I totally yielded.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »
Well this just keeps getting better.  Via the twitters...

SportsTalkwBo 
Forton's agent said he is going to finish the semester with online classes and try not to hurt Arkansas' APR

Yeah, that ones pretty funny by itself.  But then...

SportsTalkwBo
Charles Briscoe also reps Mike Washington and Stef Welsh, but says they have quit school and will finish later

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 20 queries.