Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mitch Mustain did what?  (Read 70210 times)

Online Hogtired

• Boar
Re: Mitch Mustain did what?
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
Mustain needed a BMFP to teach and nurture. In high school he averaged about 2 quarters per game before he was sitting on the bench due to the mercy rule... He was not a good QB fundamentally when the QB killa got a hold of him. I think it also points to Mal-a-zahn's failure to develop a QB but that is another thread.

I am not forgetting about his maturity level or his mother's interference.
AYFSM?

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
Did he get let go from the AFL team in Georgia too??

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
Mustain needed a BMFP to teach and nurture. In high school he averaged about 2 quarters per game before he was sitting on the bench due to the mercy rule... He was not a good QB fundamentally when the QB killa got a hold of him. I think it also points to Mal-a-zahn's failure to develop a QB but that is another thread.

I still think Mustain was a better QB as a freshman than Dick ever was before Petrino got here.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »

The stuff with his mother was blown WAY our of proportion.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
Mustain is harldy without flaw as a player or blame as a person in this soap opera, but his biggest problem was ego. 

Houston Nutt's ego.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »
Poor bastard, only if coach would've kept him in...coulda won conference.

I wonder if he could throw a football over the mountains?

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2011, 09:08:52 AM »
I don't disagree...but I also think she is way crazier than Mrs. Malzahn looks.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
Poor bastard, only if coach would've kept him in...coulda won conference.

I wonder if he could throw a football over the mountains?

But we must pay homage to him for bringing forth the terrorist uprising that would tople the Nutts regime. All hail Mustain!

Proceeding to the burning screen door.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
I don't disagree...but I also think she is way crazier than Mrs. Malzahn looks.

No way. I've met and conversed with Beck and I believe she was very misunderstood. People first started hating her because they thought she was steering Mitch away from UA and encouraging him to sign with Notre Dame but that wasn't true. That whole family were all die hard Razorbacks but didn't like Nutt and were leery of Mitch playing for that buffoon. Then everyone hated on her for the so called "Parents meeting" but then months later Frank Boyles publicly admitted that they didn't even talk about football in the meeting.

She had A LOT of hate for Nutt after everything was over and carried a lot of resentment for him and for the program that allowed it all to happen even after the house cleaning had taken place and that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Her biggest fault as I see it was not knowing when to drop it. She won, the terrorist regime was ousted, Broyles, White, etc all forced out. Time to let it go... but she wouldn't.

But you already knew all of this so I don't know why I just wasted time typing it all.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »
No way. I've met and conversed with Beck and I believe she was very misunderstood. People first started hating her because they thought she was steering Mitch away from UA and encouraging him to sign with Notre Dame but that wasn't true. That whole family were all die hard Razorbacks but didn't like Nutt and were leery of Mitch playing for that buffoon. Then everyone hated on her for the so called "Parents meeting" but then months later Frank Boyles publicly admitted that they didn't even talk about football in the meeting.

She had A LOT of hate for Nutt after everything was over and carried a lot of resentment for him and for the program that allowed it all to happen even after the house cleaning had taken place and that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Her biggest fault as I see it was not knowing when to drop it. She won, the terrorist regime was ousted, Broyles, White, etc all forced out. Time to let it go... but she wouldn't.

But you already knew all of this so I don't know why I just wasted time typing it all.
Yes I did. My statement was more of a comment on Mrs. Malzahn's perceived craziness than Becks. I don't think Beck is that crazy...but she is a little crazy. Her son was screwed over but she did not handle any of it extremely well and while I don't think she is close to the "little league parent" many claim her to be, she could have handled things much better. I don't really think Kristi Malzahn is crazy at all, so Beck being crazier than her doesn't mean a whole lot.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »
I will never understand Arkansas fans who hate Mitch Mustain.  All I can figure is that they must be really primitive people who rely on "us vs them" distinctions to get through life and aren't capable of distinguishing between individuals. 

Mitch Mustain was one of the original dark-siders.

Mitch Mustain represented the University of Arkansas with class.

Mitch Mustain went out as a freshman and started 8-0.

Even if you believe the worst version of the helicopter parent stories, can you really blame those people?  Do you forget the dickheads they were dealing with as coaches?  Danny Nutt, James Shibest, and Houston.Nutt,et al.

We had a lot of really disgusting people associated with our school and program back then, and Mitch Mustain and his mother weren't the problem.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Mustain needed a BMFP to teach and nurture. In high school he averaged about 2 quarters per game before he was sitting on the bench due to the mercy rule... He was not a good QB fundamentally when the QB killa got a hold of him.

He was coached just fine by Mal-a-zahn in HS. 

The reality is, Mustain got screwed by the QB Killa regime.  We know all about that. 

However, its also reality he wasn't willing to put in the work to take it up a notch.  I talked to a USC player (now a NFL player with the Titans) and Mustain wasn't, and I quote, "willing to get in there and fight for it."  He felt that he could ride his natural talent through big-time college football like he did HS.  Not much different than many kids that age do academically.  But, he gets to college and everybody was a HS stud and it was even more so at USC where they were all grown-ass men when they stepped foot on campus.  Starkville, their practices were tougher competition than their games.  But its how you respond and work when you get there that determines who will make it.  That's why you saw lower classmen players like Barkley et al passing Mustain.  He had the natural talent, but didn't work to get better, and so he never got better.  Or at least not at the same rate the other players did around him.  Bluntly, his work ethic sucked.  You can see that reading between the lines in his interview.  Or at least not at the same rate the other players did around him.

Tragic story and every college in the nation has at least one kid with it.  Its just that Mitch was the HS National Player of the Year and its way more noticable.

I wish him the best of luck in life.  The Marines should be an eye opener and will either make him a man or break him for good.  I hoping for the former.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2011, 09:43:36 AM »
I will never understand Arkansas fans who hate Mitch Mustain.  All I can figure is that they must be really primitive people who rely on "us vs them" distinctions to get through life and aren't capable of distinguishing between individuals. 

Mitch Mustain was one of the original dark-siders.

Mitch Mustain represented the University of Arkansas with class.

Mitch Mustain went out as a freshman and started 8-0.

Even if you believe the worst version of the helicopter parent stories, can you really blame those people?  Do you forget the dickheads they were dealing with as coaches?  Danny Mr. Golden Parachute, James Shibest, and Houston.Mr. Golden Parachute,et al.

We had a lot of really disgusting people associated with our school and program back then, and Mitch Mustain and his mother weren't the problem.

And I still see these booger-eaters make comments that are derogatory about him and his mom to this day whenever he's brought up. It's as if they forgot what made him leave in the first place, but he left so it's all on him. Ridiculous.

I think it was Clark that said we have some of the dumbest fans around and I have to agree. Anyone who leaves for any reason is considered disloyal or a "traitor". Even Paul Petrino, for some people. Idiots.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
Mitch Mustain deserves to have a statue on the U of A campus.  Without him Nutt would be sitting in Frank's old office, working the phones really hard to get Markuson's 6-6 Hogs a spot opposite ASU in the Go Daddy Whore Bowl.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
No way. I've met and conversed with Beck and I believe she was very misunderstood. People first started hating her because they thought she was steering Mitch away from UA and encouraging him to sign with Notre Dame but that wasn't true. That whole family were all die hard Razorbacks but didn't like Mr. Golden Parachute and were leery of Mitch playing for that buffoon. Then everyone hated on her for the so called "Parents meeting" but then months later Frank Boyles publicly admitted that they didn't even talk about football in the meeting.

She had A LOT of hate for Mr. Golden Parachute after everything was over and carried a lot of resentment for him and for the program that allowed it all to happen even after the house cleaning had taken place and that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Her biggest fault as I see it was not knowing when to drop it. She won, the terrorist regime was ousted, Broyles, White, etc all forced out. Time to let it go... but she wouldn't.

This is pretty accurate.

He was coached just fine by Mal-a-zahn in HS. 

The reality is, Mustain got screwed by the QB Killa regime.  We know all about that. 

However, its also reality he wasn't willing to put in the work to take it up a notch.  I talked to a USC player (now a NFL player with the Titans) and Mustain wasn't, and I quote, "willing to get in there and fight for it."  He felt that he could ride his natural talent through big-time college football like he did HS.  Not much different than many kids that age do academically.  But, he gets to college and everybody was a HS stud and it was even more so at USC where they were all grown-ass men when they stepped foot on campus.  Starkville, their practices were tougher competition than their games.  But its how you respond and work when you get there that determines who will make it.  That's why you saw lower classmen players like Barkley et al passing Mustain.  He had the natural talent, but didn't work to get better, and so he never got better.  Or at least not at the same rate the other players did around him.  Bluntly, his work ethic sucked.  You can see that reading between the lines in his interview.  Or at least not at the same rate the other players did around him.

Tragic story and every college in the nation has at least one kid with it.  Its just that Mitch was the HS National Player of the Year and its way more noticable.

I wish him the best of luck in life.  The Marines should be an eye opener and will either make him a man or break him for good.  I hoping for the former.

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that the tragedy isn't that he's not playing in the NFL.  A lot of player of the years don't make it in the NFL.  The tragedy is what he had to endure as a not yet mature 18 year old.  All for saying something as a 17 year old about a coach to whom he wasn't even committed yet.  By the way, what ever happened to Voight?  Did he get a Pulitzer yet?
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2011, 10:24:15 AM »
Mitch Mustain deserves to have a statue on the U of A campus.  Without him Nutt would be sitting in Frank's old office, working the phones really hard to get Markuson's 6-6 Hogs a spot opposite ASU in the Go Daddy Whore Bowl.

Without the Mustain fiasco, FRANK would still be sitting in Frank's old office, Nutt would still be pacing the sidelines chewing his fingernails down to his SECWCOTW ring and waiting for Frank to die, White would still be failing to hold Nutt to the standard White himself defined and Gap-Toothed Mother fricker would still be angling to turn the whole program into his personal fiefdom with Frank and Nutt as his puppets. 

Jeff Long, Bobby Petrino and Mike Anderson would have never cast ther giant shadows on campus and the poor-little-8th-in-puhtential-Arkansas-myth would be even deeper ingrained in the collective psyche of people like TulsaHawg, Darksideiswrong, Wallyhog/Uncle Fester, etc. and the fricking bluehairs with no grasp on the modern landscape of college football would be clinging to Cotton Bowl invites like gold because that was the by-God return to Razorback glory days.

So, if you're stupid enough to hate on Mitch Mustain, knock yourself out.  But if you give even half a damn about the Arkansas athletic program, you best recognize.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline The Satchuation

• Wild Hog
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
If I were a member or ally of the MSM, I would be very concerned that Mitch is joining the Marines.

Offline Peanut Adams

• i didn't go to high school, i bought one.
  • Tush Hog
  • pincher of harmonics
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
If I were a member or ally of the MSM, I would be very concerned that Mitch is joining the Marines.

:stunned: :maundoed:

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »

"Dear Mr. Enlistment King...."

Online Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »

I agree but I wanted to cover my backside from the wrath of teh woopig!
AYFSM?

Offline onetimer

• A Shoat
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »
Without the Mustain fiasco, FRANK would still be sitting in Frank's old office, Mr. Golden Parachute would still be pacing the sidelines chewing his fingernails down to his SECWCOTW ring and waiting for Frank to die, White would still be failing to hold Mr. Golden Parachute to the standard White himself defined and Gap-Toothed Mother fricker would still be angling to turn the whole program into his personal fiefdom with Frank and Mr. Golden Parachute as his puppets. 

Jeff Long, Bobby Petrino and Mike Anderson would have never cast ther giant shadows on campus and the poor-little-8th-in-puhtential-Arkansas-myth would be even deeper ingrained in the collective psyche of people like TulsaHawg, Darksideiswrong, Wallyhog/Uncle Fester, etc. and the fricking bluehairs with no grasp on the modern landscape of college football would be clinging to Cotton Bowl invites like gold because that was the by-God return to Razorback glory days.

So, if you're stupid enough to hate on Mitch Mustain, knock yourself out.  But if you give even half a damn about the Arkansas athletic program, you best recognize.

THIS!

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »

He won't even have to be a very good shot to hit Prewett.

Offline jhawg05

• The Original Porksta
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »

I'm not so sure that would've worked out, either.  What really stinks about the whole ordeal is Bec wanted to get Mitch in the right situation for him.  But being a kid he succumbed to the pressure of going to the hometown school when it was clearly a bad situation for him. 

If he does decide to join the USMC, ooh ra devildog.

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Boar
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
I never understand Mustain being labeled with traitor.  When I hear his name the first thing I think is "Gawd-damn you Nutt, Gawd-damn you straight to Starkville"
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your prevertion, and you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

"she's shitting quite a tail, there......."

Online Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »
Mitch had raw talent but it needed refining big time. That was evident during the all star game before he ever walked on campus. He was horrible and his weaknesses were exposed.

I like the kid and feel bad on where his life has taken him today. I wish him well and thank him for coming to play for the hogs!
AYFSM?

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 20 queries.