Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mitch Mustain did what?  (Read 64306 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Mitch Mustain did what?
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:23 PM »
Mitch: Kip, I reckon... you know a lot about... cyberspace? You ever come across anything... like time travel?
Kip: Easy, I've already looked into it for myself.
Mitch: Right on... right on.

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »

I don't have anything against Mustain and think he was unfairly benched by Colonel Reb in '06, but at this point the inescapable conclusion is steadily being reached that, just maybe, he was a bit overrated coming out of high school.

Sort of like colonel reb.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline Jose Papoopoo

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »

The Toronto Globe & Mail did a piece on Mustain after he signed with Hamilton.

Mitch Mustain seeks to rebuild career in Steeltown
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:15:20 AM by Law_Hawg »
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline The Red Death

• Glitch fixer
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
The aftermath of Colonel Reb is going to follow this kid for the rest of his life.  I hope he went to class because the football gods have surely cursed him.

Although nobody hates Hootie more than I do, you cannot blame him this time.  Many of us thought that as soon as Mitch left UA and went elsewhere then his true talent would be utilized and he hopefully could end up beating Nutt's ass down the line.  However, Hootie has the last laugh here.  Mitch was a product of Gus' system (which is a terrible offense for QB development turns out) and was a major flop.

Having said that, I hope the kid can get his stuff together and have a good career with his USC education.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2011/06/why-the-ticats-gassed-qb-mitch-mustain-cfl-ncaa-usc.html

That's gonna leave a mark.
yikes. what does the kid do now?  I hope he at least was smart enough to get a decent degree and do something

frick the skipper.  That turd rancher fits in at a homosexual nude nursing home, and nobvillehomeofthedregsand

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
Although nobody hates Colonel Reb more than I do, you cannot blame him this time.  Many of us thought that as soon as Mitch left UA and went elsewhere then his true talent would be utilized and he hopefully could end up beating Colonel Reb's ass down the line.  However, Colonel Reb has the last laugh here.  Mitch was a product of Gus' system (which is a terrible offense for QB development turns out) and was a major flop.

I don't know if anyone can say wehther this is true or not.  When Mustain was given the opportunity to play at Arkansas he put up decent statistics, especially for a true freshman. 

Mustain's 2nd biggest mistake, after buying into Nutt BS, was buying into Pete Carroll's BS.  No doubt Mustain became a jukebox hero with stars in his eyes when the mighty Trojans came calling, he should've been a little more discerning and transferred to where he would've had a chance of starting immediately, some place that actually needed a QB.  With Sanchez and Corp there it would've been tough to get playing time.  Add in home state golden boy Barkley and he was toast. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2011, 02:13:07 PM »
I don't know if anyone can say wehther this is true or not.  When Mustain was given the opportunity to play at Arkansas he put up decent statistics, especially for a true freshman. 

Mustain's 2nd biggest mistake, after buying into Nutt BS, was buying into Pete Carroll's BS.  No doubt Mustain became a jukebox hero with stars in his eyes when the mighty Trojans came calling, he should've been a little more discerning and transferred to where he would've had a chance of starting immediately, some place that actually needed a QB.  With Sanchez and Corp there it would've been tough to get playing time.  Add in home state golden boy Barkley and he was toast. 

Whoever was advising him when it came time to transfer did a piss-poor job.  There were probably a couple of dozen schools in Division I-A he could've transferred to and been in a great position to become the starter after his redshirt year, and instead he picked the one school where it was going to be the hardest to see the field.

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
Although nobody hates Hootie more than I do, you cannot blame him this time.  Many of us thought that as soon as Mitch left UA and went elsewhere then his true talent would be utilized and he hopefully could end up beating Nutt's ass down the line.  However, Hootie has the last laugh here.  Mitch was a product of Gus' system (which is a terrible offense for QB development turns out) and was a major flop.

Having said that, I hope the kid can get his stuff together and have a good career with his USC education.

Sure you can. In spite of his lack of success, do you really think that Mitch could not have bested the production of the double Dicked QB tandem?  Nutt picked the wrong QB to frick over.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »

I don't have anything against Mustain and think he was unfairly benched by Nutt in '06, but at this point the inescapable conclusion is steadily being reached that, just maybe, he was a bit overrated coming out of high school.

I think he had the talent and the potential to be a great one, but he was hampered by a lot of factors, not the least of which was playing for Dale.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
I think he had the talent and the potential to be a great one, but he was hampered by a lot of factors, not the least of which was playing for Dale.

I agree wholeheartedly that playing for Nutt appears to be a huge damper on the ability of a quarterback to excel and develop his talents.  

That said, he only had one year at the UA and four years at USC, a school that has been churning out NFL quarterbacks in mass quantities in recent years (few of whom have starred in the NFL, so far, but I digress . . ).  So it's hard to heap TOO much blame on Nutt for this one.  

Offline wvhawgfan

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly that playing for Nutt appears to be a huge damper on the ability of a quarterback to excel and develop his talents.  

That said, he only had one year at the UA and four years at USC, a school that has been churning out NFL quarterbacks in mass quantities in recent years (few of whom have starred in the NFL, so far, but I digress . . ).  So it's hard to heap TOO much blame on Nutt for this one.  

I guess that depends on how many reps he actually got a USC.  If he hasn't progressed since he was a freshman here, then most of that is on him, but Nutt still deserves his share of the blame.

Offline The Red Death

• Glitch fixer
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »

Mustain's 2nd biggest mistake, after buying into Colonel Reb BS, was buying into Pete Carroll's BS.  No doubt Mustain became a jukebox hero with stars in his eyes when the mighty Trojans came calling, he should've been a little more discerning and transferred to where he would've had a chance of starting immediately, some place that actually needed a QB.  With Sanchez and Corp there it would've been tough to get playing time.  Add in home state golden boy Barkley and he was toast. 

I agree with you on this:  Had he transferred to Tulsa with Gus I believe he could have had a serviceable and probably good college career.  But his handicaps, like arm strength, mobility and decision making in a pro-style offense are not up for debate when you just got cut by something called Hamilton in the CFL. 

Starkville, Casey Dick at least got a TRYOUT with an NFL team.  I'd say at some point you just have to admit that it's not Nutt, or Carrol or Hamilton.  The kid just isn't big time material.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

Offline The Red Death

• Glitch fixer
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Sure you can. In spite of his lack of success, do you really think that Mitch could not have bested the production of the double Dicked QB tandem?  Colonel Reb picked the wrong QB to frick over.

There is no way I would ever defend the treatment Mitch received from Nutt and his goons.  It was personal, we all know that, in the way that Nutt yanked him after the 8-0 start. 

Nutt is a shitbag.  Period.  But that was only 1 year.  He can't blame Nutt (nor would he) for where he is right now.
George Carlin

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

Whoever was advising him when it came time to transfer did a piss-poor job. 

It has to sting a little for him but being the big shot football player is over.  I'm sure Mitch is more than welcome back home or hopefully he made some contacts out in L.A.  It's time to start plan b.  If he likes football so much, he can find a good program and be a G.A.for them and get into coaching. 

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2011, 08:15:13 AM »
If only Mitch remembered to use play 36.  It's like magic. 

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
If only Mitch remembered to use play 36.  It's like magic. 

I'm using that at my next job interview.

Mr. Libertyhog, what can you bring to this company that will benefit us?

Aw, man, you gonna put me on the spot.  '36'.  And God. 

Gordulations Mr. Libertyhog you have gotten the position. 
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
WHO fricking CARES!!

nothing new has been brought up.. Hootie and Dead Trees jokes are also fricking stupid and tired.  Kill this worthless thread.

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
WHO fricking CARES!!

nothing new has been brought up.. Hootie and Dead Trees jokes are also fricking stupid and tired.  Kill this worthless thread.

Somebody forgot their morning cup of coffee. 

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 08:57:58 AM »
Somebody forgot their morning cup of coffee. 

I apologize.  I just hate seeing it hoping there is something new and exciting and being let down.  I guess I'm just bored due to nothing going on in sports.  Which in turn is probably why this thread is alive. 

I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!  other than that awesome game 7 of the Stanley Cup tonight..... :sick:

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »
I apologize.  I just hate seeing it hoping there is something new and exciting and being let down.  I guess I'm just bored due to nothing going on in sports.  Which in turn is probably why this thread is alive. 

I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!  other than that awesome game 7 of the Stanley Cup tonight..... :sick:

Heh.  I feel your pain. 

I promise not to post in the Mustain thread unless he's found with a dead hooker and 40 kilos of blow. 

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
It's time to start plan b.  If he likes football so much, he can find a good program and be a G.A.for them and get into coaching. 
He also has a degree in Ina-national Ra-lations to fall back on which is a helluva lot more than most of these yahoos have when they leave a program

frick the skipper.  That turd rancher fits in at a homosexual nude nursing home, and nobvillehomeofthedregsand

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

Hey bud:  Lady Gaga may not agree with me, but I think it's your own damn fault if you're such a tutu-wearing polesmoker that you can't enjoy the fight for Lord Stanley's Cup.  It's been a great series.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
He also has a degree in Ina-national Ra-lations to fall back on which is a helluva lot more than most of these yahoos have when they leave a program

Then Obama should hire him immediately since no one in the White House knows anything about this.

Don't worry Tim, I'll get it moved to P&R.  :azn:

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
Then Obama should hire him immediately since no one in the White House knows anything about this.

Don't worry Tim, I'll get it moved to P&R.  :azn:
this might work out well for Mitch...Hillary Clinton wants to leave her position as Secretary of State and Mitch needs a job.  Perfect.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 21 queries.