Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Dickson Street/Downtown Fayetteville Thread  (Read 157251 times)

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Re: The Dickson Street/Downtown Fayetteville Thread
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
His name is Dave. 

Yeah frick that guy and his shitty bars.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »
is Stir still open? 

Unfortunately, yes.   :thumbdown:

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »
This is such a sham.  Hey lets copy Austin who we are supposted to hate yet we mimic.
frick Austin.  frick everything about that shithole of a state. 
Austin is traffic, lame country music, lame hipster country music, bandwagon Longhorn fans and 9 million shitheads who think they invented any kind of college town "weird" culture. 

All that sticker has ever signified is the ethic of supporting local Fayetteville business. 

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Blasphemer
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
This is such a sham.  Hey lets copy Austin who we are supposted to hate yet we mimic.

Who is "we," you stupid motherfricker?  Fayetteville, even now that people your age are fricking things up, is leagues better than Austin. 

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:42 AM »
Austin tries way too hard. 

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »
Towns like Athens GA were kicking out great local music scenes while Austin was still probably a honky tonk cow town.    College towns across this country each have their own unique culture, from Oxford to Kent to Eugene.  Did Austin steal something from them?  People in Fayetteville who give that town it's identity couldn't give 2 shits about Austin or what they're doing over there. 

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
Towns like Athens GA were kicking out great local music scenes while Austin was still probably a honky tonk cow town.    College towns across this country each have their own unique culture, from Oxford to Kent to Eugene.  Did Austin steal something from them?  People in Fayetteville who give that town it's identity couldn't give 2 shits about Austin or what they're doing over there. 
Pardon 2LiveJew, he lives in that abominable shithole known as Texarkana and don't know know better.

frick the skipper.  That turd rancher fits in at a homosexual nude nursing home, and nobvillehomeofthedregsand

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »

Online Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
West Mountain Brewing Company is finally happening on the square.  Now we'll have two brew pubs.  Not bad for little ole Fayetteville:

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2011/04/21/coming-soon-west-mountain-brewing-company/

Still looking for an update on this.  Any beer flowing yet?

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »
I don't think so.  I know they were retrofitting and refurbishing the building a few weeks ago, and that included covering up the old CocaCola mural on the west side.  There was a story on KNWA about it.  They are still working on it as far as I can tell. 

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
6-story hotel could be coming to the municipal lot at WAC:

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2011/07/27/city-negotiating-lease-for-dickson-street-hotel/
i hope the city doesn't end up leasing this space...wtf will people park?  you already have a huge parking issue down there and didn't they just spend money to turn that whole parking lot into paid parking?  judas

frick the skipper.  That turd rancher fits in at a homosexual nude nursing home, and nobvillehomeofthedregsand

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Blasphemer
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »
That's a shame: http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2011/07/27/yep-tims-pizza-on-college-is-closed/

Judas, I didn't know Pink owns that building.  He's a funny mofo.  Glad to hear he's still kicking.   :thumbup:

Mike has a separate business selling sporting goods online, and it really took off.  I wonder if he didn't decide to devote his efforts there instead of that Tim's.  I'm pretty sure he was making more jack online than he was selling pizza pies.

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Just speaking for me, I thought the place had a lingering smell of vomit in it the last time I ever went there because someone else wanted to relive old days.   It was really musty and dingy inside. 

Offline Jose Papoopoo

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »
Just speaking for me, I thought the place had a lingering smell of vomit in it the last time I ever went there because someone else wanted to relive old days.   It was really musty and dingy inside. 

Starkville that's an understatement. That place was fricking disgusting.  The pie was great however, but I had a difficult time eating there just because it was so nasty. The furniture/carpet hasn't been changed since at least the late 80s.  Maybe the owner is just moving to a new location. I always wondered why they didn't fix the place up. I guess I know now.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »
Starkville that's an understatement. That place was fricking disgusting.  The pie was great however, but I had a difficult time eating there just because it was so nasty. The furniture/carpet hasn't been changed since at least the late 80s.  Maybe the owner is just moving to a new location. I always wondered why they didn't fix the place up. I guess I know now.
I would concur.  I walked in that place once in college reluctantly and the entire time I was disgusted...not by the food but by the decor and the general lack of upkeep of the place.  It was disgusting inside and out.  How the health department didn't close it down before now is beyond me.  I love Tim's pizza but the place was a dump. 

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

Loved their pizza but last time I ate there both the wife and I got sick as dogs for 2 days.  Doubt I could've ever gone back.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
how does Shotz even stay in business?

Bulimics.

• Boar

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
Bitch should have kept the door locked.

WEll sure, anyone with any sense knows that if you're crusiing the Fayetteville square at noon you're just looking to get jacked.
Homies help homes.......always

• Boar
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2011, 05:14:12 AM »
WEll sure, anyone with any sense knows that if you're crusiing the Fayetteville square at noon you're just looking to get jacked.

All I'm saying is I always leave my doors locked.  But maybe that's just because I'm a ninny.

Offline Karl Onterio

• Wild Hog
  • #UnleashTheFury
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
http://www.5newsonline.com/news/northwestarkansas/kfsm-woman-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-fayetteville-20110729,0,3470665.story?track=rss

Animals.   *:

Mid thirties, Caucasian, dark hat, sunglasses, preying on older women...does anyone know where Cerdo was at noon on Friday?
"Hi, I'm Ray Tucker how'd you like to suck my Porkula".

"I gave Kirk Botkin's step-sister a jelly donut." -John Gault- 12/2/05

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »
There was a small blurb in the NWA Biz Journal about another (third) brew pub coming to Fayetteville.  This one is going to be called Tanglewood Branch Beer Co. and is going to be located on South School near 15th street. 

Things just keep gettin bettah.

• Boar
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:37 AM »
The latest rumor is that they are shutting down Willy D's in order to make that whole building one large dance club.  :rainbow:

Apparently now Willy D's is going to relocate.  I heard a rumor that is what is going to happen, and then I checked their website last night and that's what it said.  Unfortunately, their website isn't working for me now so maybe they aren't relocating.  Who knows.

www.willydsofnwa.com

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 20 queries.