Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cocks' Stephen Garcia Suspended  (Read 7940 times)

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Cocks' Stephen Garcia Suspended
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/apr/06/uscs-garcia-suspended/

Doesn't this guy get suspended about this time every year?
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
Re: Cocks' Stephen Garcia Suspended
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
From a media guy in Atlanta-

kingcfb Chuck Oliver
SC QB Garcia suspended indef. Showed up at mandatory athletics meeting last night smelling of booze, was beligerent to those in charge.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »
From a media guy in Atlanta-

kingcfb Chuck Oliver
SC QB Garcia suspended indef. Showed up at mandatory athletics meeting last night smelling of booze, was beligerent to those in charge.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

/winningduh
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »
You watch, next year McShay will be talking about Garcia's potential and how playing for Spurrier makes him a possible draft day steal and will dismiss all his off-the-field stuff as "youthful exuberance".
Homies help homes.......always

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
You watch, next year McShay will be talking about Garcia's potential and how playing for Spurrier makes him a possible draft day steal and will dismiss all his off-the-field stuff as "youthful exuberance".

Money

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »
From a South Carolina beat writer:

Spurrier on other QBs (and maybe forecast for Garcia-less future?): "We only throw 18-20 times a game, anyway."

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
Doesn't this guy get suspended about this time every year?

Yeah... for the last 5 years.  I seriously thought he had graduated by now.
If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »
This is bullshit. Garcia promised he wouldn't get into any more trouble. Why the Starkville would they not believe him?
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline PigBangTheory

• Boar
  • Sacha is my doppleganger!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Yeah... for the last 5 years.  I seriously thought he had graduated by now.

The dude is 30 years old and entitled to copious amounts of booze on a daily basis. This is a non-story.
Hire Nutt.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

Brahsome QB is brahsome...
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Cat-pork

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »
living in South Carolina, this kid's drunken reputation precedes him. The AD actually made this call. GO HAWGS!
www.hogwired.com
www.walhallafootball.com (Walhalla Razorbacks)

Rule #1) ALWAYS beat South Carolina
Rule #2) Ole Miss sucks!
Rule #3) Live daily according to Rules 1 & 2

Offline Nolapigz

• Tush Hog
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
Looks like Garcia has righted his ship.

Looks like all the other QBs sucked for Carolina this spring.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/05/30/garcia.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a4

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
Looks like Garcia has righted his ship.

Looks like all the other QBs sucked for Carolina this spring.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/05/30/garcia.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a4

Does it really matter? I mean he has sucked it up since he has been at USCeast. He is about as bad as Jeff George was in the NFL.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 10:14:42 PM »
Does it really matter? I mean he has sucked it up since he has been at USCeast. He is about as bad as Jeff George was in the NFL.
And he has been there about as long as George was in the NFL

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »

http://www.wltx.com/sports/article/144855/4/Police-USC-Coach-Arrested-After-Public-Urination

Greenville, SC (WLTX) -- University of South Carolina Quarterbacks Coach G.A. Mangus was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with nuisance conduct.

According to police, Mangus, 42, was arrested after he was found urinating on the street near Carolina Ale House on Main Street in Greenville at about 1:30 a.m.

Two officers stopped Mangus when one of them noticed a wet spot near where he was standing, according to an incident report from the City of Greenville Police Department. Officers said they could smell alcohol on Mangus, and noticed that his eyes were "dilated and glazed over."

Police said Mangus's speech was slurred and he would not provide "straight answers" to officers' questions, including who he was with earlier in the day.

Mangus, USC quarterback Stephen Garcia's coach, has worked with Head Coach Steve Spurrier for three years with the Gamecocks.

Before working at USC, Mangus was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Middle Tennessee State, where he worked with former Gamecocks assistant Rick Stockstill.

In February, Mangus was rated one of the Top 25 recruiters by ESPN, Rivals.com and 247sports.com.

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »
Yeah, if your pissing in the street at 130am alcohol is usually involved. :cheers:
Ender of threads!

Online Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hawgball will win 24 in '14-'15
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/sports/article/144855/4/Police-USC-Coach-Arrested-After-Public-Urination

Greenville, SC (WLTX) -- University of South Carolina Quarterbacks Coach G.A. Mangus was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with nuisance conduct.

According to police, Mangus, 42, was arrested after he was found urinating on the street near Carolina Ale House on Main Street in Greenville at about 1:30 a.m.

Two officers stopped Mangus when one of them noticed a wet spot near where he was standing, according to an incident report from the City of Greenville Police Department. Officers said they could smell alcohol on Mangus, and noticed that his eyes were "dilated and glazed over."

Police said Mangus's speech was slurred and he would not provide "straight answers" to officers' questions, including who he was with earlier in the day.

Mangus, USC quarterback Stephen Garcia's coach, has worked with Head Coach Steve Spurrier for three years with the Gamecocks.

Before working at USC, Mangus was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Middle Tennessee State, where he worked with former Gamecocks assistant Rick Stockstill.

In February, Mangus was rated one of the Top 25 recruiters by ESPN, Rivals.com and 247sports.com.

So was he seen urinating by the police or did the officers just assume that when they "saw the wet spot"? Seems to me if he wasn't spotted urinating he could get out of it and get off with a PI but I'm no lawyer.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
The article might have omitted an important fact or two, such as he was standing in a wet spot that kept getting larger while police were questioning him.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »

I am sure Stephen Garcia owes all he knows to Mangus.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:43 PM »

If only he had been charged with public intox. It would have helped if he was sporting a Tom Selleck-worthy mustache as well.

razorwire

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:17 AM »
...and the fact that his face looked like Rudolph's nose had nothing to do with it.   *: :beer: *: :cheers: *: :beer:

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:34 PM »
Looks like Garcia's punishment is to play in the second quarter.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6919028/south-carolina-gamecocks-start-connor-shaw-stephen-garcia-opener

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is going with last year's backup, Connor Shaw, over often-suspended Stephen Garcia.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »
If only he had been charged with public intox. It would have helped if he was sporting a Tom Selleck-worthy mustache as well.
Nah he looks more like Higgins

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
Nah he looks more like Higgins

Wow, did not even realize that.  I was thinking more of a play off his name.  Mangus P.I.  Pretty sure I was drunk when I posted that.  Off to find a screen door after that one.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »
Done?

bmarcello Brandon Marcello
Wow. RT @JoshatTheState: Stephen Garcia has been dismissed from South Carolina football team, according to two sources.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.