Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Razorback Classics  (Read 33693 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Razorback Classics
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »
KARK 4 News
updated 2 hours 45 minutes ago

Print
    Font:

KARZ-42 announced today that it has been granted the rights from XOS Digital to begin airing classic Arkansas Razorback football games during primetime beginning July 6, 2011 at 7:30pm. The weekly show will be titled "Razorback Classics" and the first broadcast will be the 1969 game against the Texas Longhorns. The game was played in Fayetteville and was billed as "The Game of the Century" at the time. Other games set to air include the 2002 "Miracle on Markham" versus LSU and the 1978 Orange Bowl versus Oklahoma.

As part of the agreement with XOS Digital, KARZ-42 will have the ability to utilize new and social media to generate viewer submission on games fans would enjoy seeing most as well as fan interaction during the broadcasts. The agreement also allows for instant classics to be aired the following Wednesday once the game is deemed "classic".

Nexstar Broadcasting Vice President and General Manager of Little Rock Television and E-Media Operations Mike Vaughn says, "'Razorback Classics' is a tremendous and unique opportunity for Razorback fans to experience the greatest and most memorable games the hogs have ever played and we're excited to have it on KARZ-42." Vaughn added, "It's the perfect fit for our media properties as KARK and KARZ both have direct connections to the hill with Razorback Nation and have the built-in fan base of Hogville.net to really help this great program take off."

Nexstar Regional Programming Manager Brandon Scott is thrilled to have "Razorback Classics" on the KARZ schedule. Scott said, "We're always looking for new and original programming on KARZ and 'Razorback Classics' is something we couldn't pass up. As a true hog fan it's exciting to know that each week viewers can relive the glory and the excitement or watch legendary games they have only seen clips of. We hope Hog fans will begin to make appointment viewing each week especially as the season draws near."

KARZ-42 will air "Razorback Classics" each Wednesday at 7:30pm starting July 6, 2011. The first four games are as follows;
7/6- 1969 vs. Texas, played in Fayetteville7/13- 2002 vs. LSU, played in Little Rock7/20-1978 vs. Oklahoma in Orange Bowl7/27-1991 vs. Texas, played in Little Rock Read more at arkansasmatters.com.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
Re: Razorback Classics
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »
They should just start at the beginning and play them non-stop. Season by season. Basketball, too.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »
Razorback Classics! Let's start out this series by showing a frickin' loss to a hated rival.  :suicide:
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Online abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:12:17 AM »
They should just start at the beginning and play them non-stop. Season by season. Basketball, too.
That would almost make me want to move from Florida to Arkansas.

Offline hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Boar
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »
Can we get over the fricking '69 texas game? I've never heard of a school so obsessed with a game that they lose.
Does anyone think that the ut network on espn will show ut classics that they lose?
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Offline UAClassof81

• Boar
  • Squeeze my lemon.....
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 06:58:56 AM »
I'm not sure I'd count the LSU "Miracle on Markham St I" a classic.  Sure, it had a great finish, but didn't we play like crap for about the first 56 minutes of that game?  How about the 1981 ass-kicking we gave #1 Texas in Fayetteville? 

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:09 AM »
I'm not sure I'd count the LSU "Miracle on Markham St I" a classic.  Sure, it had a great finish, but didn't we play like crap for about the first 56 minutes of that game?  How about the 1981 ass-kicking we gave #1 Texas in Fayetteville? 

I hear you. I'd like to see that shellacking we dealt Alabama too.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:35 AM »
I have mixed feelings about them showing the 69 Texas game. The 60's were a great decade for Razorback football and if they are trying to educate younger fans about that I guess I'm ok with it. Assuming of course this is the only game tape/video still available from that decade; if the 1965 Cotton Bowl or the 1965 Texas game were available I'd pick either one of them over the Big Shootout. I watched the game live and I'm over it. Sort of.  :notexas:

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »

I would rather see the 2008 LSU game. That was Petrino's first year and great to get a win with a cupboard left bare by Nutt. It shows that great things were coming with Petrino at the helm.

Offline BigTrail

• six pack smack
  • Tush Hog
  • Have a big glass.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »

Come on, that was a Matt Jones HIGHlight.
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »
I'm not sure I'd count the LSU "Miracle on Markham St I" a classic.  Sure, it had a great finish, but didn't we play like crap for about the first 56 minutes of that game?  ... 

59 minutes.

And another vote for the 1965 Texas game.  But, I have never heard or read anything suggesting thre is a complete tape of that broadcast.  I think in Orville's book is says NBC did that game.  I don't think KARK has the treasure trove of news and sports footage from the 60's that KATV has.

Speaking of NBC, I hope they have a copy of the UNC game in Pine Bluff.  I guess they will be doing baseketball. ???
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:31:31 AM »

Has there ever been a more improbable victory march in a more important game in the SEC?

Certainly not since we've been in there.  81 yards in 19 seconds.  For a championship.  I'd say it's a classic.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline UAClassof81

• Boar
  • Squeeze my lemon.....
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
Has there ever been a more improbable victory march in a more important game in the SEC?

Certainly not since we've been in there.  81 yards in 19 seconds.  For a championship.  I'd say it's a classic.

Given what then happened to us the following week in that SEC Championship game, I'd just as soon have not completed that pass! 

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
Given what then happened to us the following week in that SEC Championship game, I'd just as soon have not completed that pass! 

Believe me, seeing the "chirpy" LSU dip and his little mealy mouth girlfriend that were sitting in front of us take the walk of shame was worth the SEC beatdown.

I've always wanted to see the 1970 Sugar Bowl vs Ole Miss replay. Yeah we lost that one too but Bruce Maxwell had probably his best game and I'd like to see it.
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
Any program called "Razorback Classics" should NEVER include frickin' games we lost.

Online BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
Believe me, seeing the "chirpy" LSU dip and his little mealy mouth girlfriend that were sitting in front of us take the walk of shame was worth the SEC beatdown.

I've always wanted to see the 1970 Sugar Bowl vs Ole Miss replay. Yeah we lost that one too but Bruce Maxwell had probably his best game and I'd like to see it.

I've got that one on DVD around here somewhere. Got it off ebay for like 7 bucks.

Online abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

That was a great game.  I was there in the old Tulane Stadium.  Archie and Bill Montgomery both played a terrific game.  As you can see, my seats were not all that great.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
That was a great game.  I was there in the old Tulane Stadium.  Archie and Bill Montgomery both played a terrific game.  As you can see, my seats were not all that great.

I see now why we had that oil shortage a few years later.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
I see now why we had that oil shortage a few years later.
Win
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »

Wow great picture!  Dude in front was heavy on the Brylcreem.
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline hogrock

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 12:09:48 AM »
Can we get over the fricking '69 texas game? I've never heard of a school so obsessed with a game that they lose.
Does anyone think that the ut network on espn will show ut classics that they lose?

Any program called "Razorback Classics" should NEVER include frickin' games we lost.

I could not agree more. It's like hey, everyone come over and let's pull out those old tapes.... you know, the one where you got kneed in the nuttz by the bully on the playground, or the video of your girlfriend dumping you for some other dude. Yeah, those would be great to watch over and over again..... jeeesh.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »
Wow great picture!  Dude in front was heavy on the Brylcreem.

a 'lil dab will do ya.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »
With that mentality, sir, there would have never been a little movie entitled "Rocky". You don't have to thank me.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
With that mentality, sir, there would have never been a little movie entitled "Rocky". You don't have to thank me.
So our program is the equal of a never was local boxer/muscleman for a loan shark who gets a lucky shot at a title and is OK with a loss because he went the distance?

Gotcha. Roll the footage '69 Texas game.

Now when do we get to see the sequels where we get a rematch, win the NCAA title, lose the title to a street thug, win title back against said thug and avenge the death of a friend by a title match on foreign soil vs the old guard CCCP.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.