Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Razorback Classics  (Read 33903 times)

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Razorback Classics
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »
Well, I'd sure watch that UA/UNLV '91 basketball game....even though we lost.

Offline Satriale

• [expletive deleted]
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »
Well, I'd sure watch that UA/UNLV '91 basketball game....even though we lost.

That one had everything but the proper ending and was the wildest berzerker hog crowd I've ever been a part of.  Any other team in the country except UNLV would have lost by 20+ points; that may have been the best semipro team of the 20th century.
Definitely back in the day.  If Ron Huery bangs your girlfriend recently, that is not cool. 

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Wild Hog
  • I can't call it for you
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
I've taped a many of Razorback games, both football and basketball, that we lost.

I never, evar, watched even a portion of any of those games. I taped over every single one of them.

There's no shame in losing. Everyone loses.

There IS shame in being proud of giving a good effort and coming oh so close to victory.

That's the difference in who we've been and who we are now.

The days of being content just to be mentioned as one of the dogs in the hunt are over.

That mentality is what's going to lead us to the promise land.
You pick the one right tool.

Offline Nukinhawg

• Pop country inspires me...to listen to Waylon
  • Tush Hog
  • Yep
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »
I've taped a many of Razorback games, both football and basketball, that we lost.

I never, evar, watched even a portion of any of those games. I taped over every single one of them.

There's no shame in losing. Everyone loses.

There IS shame in being proud of giving a good effort and coming oh so close to victory.

That's the difference in who we've been and who we are now.

The days of being content just to be mentioned as one of the dogs in the hunt are over.

That mentality is what's going to lead us to the promise land.
Althought I agree that being content will not lead to the promised land, sharing the atmosphere that was Barnhill against UNLV is a must.  That was Hog fans at their best...that was a spirit squad, including Robkin, at their best. 
That game could teach a majority of younger Hog fans what atmosphere is all about.  It's not bass guitars, ribbon boards, and expensive courtside foldup chairs, I can tell you that much.
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
Althought I agree that being content will not lead to the promised land, sharing the atmosphere that was Barnhill against UNLV is a must.  That was Hog fans at their best...that was a spirit squad, including Robkin, at their best.  
That game could teach a majority of younger Hog fans what atmosphere is all about.  It's not bass guitars, ribbon boards, and expensive courtside foldup chairs, I can tell you that much.
Don't get me wrong. I'll watch games we've lost especially if I was AT the game (like '91 UNLV.....we were tent #62, I think, and set up in the tunnel along the east side of Barnhill on Wednesday afternoon..... and recently the '11 Sugar Bowl) as I like to see what the broadcast was like. I'm just sayin' those games shouldn't be on a 'Classic' list.

I'll agree that the 1st half of '91 UNLV was classic right up to Mayberry hitting the 3 to put us up at half. Getting behind by 20+ in the 2nd half...not so much classic.

You want a classic basketball game, show the '92 LSU-Shaq OT thriller from Barnhill with Dookie V screaming "Get the gold trophy!" when Day gets fouled and puts it away in OT or the 1st and only visit to Barnhill by Kentucky in '93 complete with Corliss and Hawkins waving the state flag while standing on the scorers table after the game (still my favorite game I've ever attended and I was at the UA-UNC game in PB in '84 as a 15 year old pup).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:49:50 PM by Ty Webb »
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 06:53:11 PM »
I would love to watch the Arizona game (at Arizona) corliss' freshman year-he had "a foot" and didn't play but sheppard was awesome. And then mayday vs shaq in both barnhill and baton rouge.  Day had 43 in BR and Mayberry had 35 in barnhill with Dickie v calling the game.  I had a ticket to the baton rouge game but didn't go because I had an important paper due the following Monday.  The professor gave us an extention on Monday and I haven't forgiven myself since.

Offline Nukinhawg

• Pop country inspires me...to listen to Waylon
  • Tush Hog
  • Yep
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »
... '92 LSU-Shaq OT thriller from Barnhill with Dookie V screaming "Get the gold trophy!" when Day gets fouled and puts it away in OT or the 1st and only visit to Barnhill by Kentucky in '93 complete with Corliss and Hawkins waving the state flag while standing on the scorers table after the game (still my favorite game I've ever attended and I was at the UA-UNC game in PB in '84 as a 15 year old pup).

I was at both LSU and KY games.   Those should be primer material for all freshmen ever attending a basketball game.  I remember it being so loud in the KY game that all I could hear was a buzzing sound.  That and someone (Hawkins I think) dunking on Mashburn.
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 06:33:57 AM »
I realize no one has to watch games that we have lost, but having been a Razorback Fan for almost 50 years, unfortunately, heartbreaking losses are part of who we are.  I think this fact makes the winning, when it happens, that much sweeter.

I have a good friend of mine that I have taken to 6 or 7 Razorback football games, and he has yet to see a win.  We have been thinking about making the trip this year to Tuscaloosa, but don't wish to jinx the season.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
KARZ Debuts New Sports Show Tonight

Below:
        related

Advertise | AdChoices
KARK 4 News
updated 7/5/2011 11:18:30 AM ET

Print
    Font:

A new sports program debuts tonight on KARZ-42.

Arkansas Sports Nation airs weeknights at seven o'clock with Kerri O'Hara and Jason Snavely.

Click the video box for a sneak peek.

Here's the official news release from KARZ-42:

Shortly after announcing it has been granted the exclusive rights to air classic Arkansas Razorback football games, KARZ-TV 42 makes another big announcement. The MyNetwork TV affiliate will be launching a daily, local sports show during primetime. The show will be called "Arkansas Sports Nation" and the first broadcast will air Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 7pm.

The fast-paced show will be hosted by KARK 4 Sports Director Kerri O'Hara and Anchor Jason Snavely. It will consist of the day's biggest and most important stories in the sports world as well as an updated Razorback Nation report each night. The show will also thrive on in-depth coverage of local high schools, colleges, youth sports and even outdoor and water sports.

Kerri O'Hara says, "A half-hour show gives us so much time to work with than our traditional newscasts do. We have so many talented high school, college and professional athletes in Arkansas that deserve more attention. Now, we'll be able to give it to them, plus hear from coaches, experts and analysts who will help give the viewer a more in-depth look at the stories."

"Arkansas Sports Nation" replaces the 7pm newscast and Nexstar Broadcasting VP and GM of Little Rock Television and E-Media Mike Vaughn says, "With traditional newscasts near the 7pm time-slot, 'Arkansas Sports Nation' is a tremendous way for KARK, KARZ and ArkansasMatters.com to differentiate the outstanding sports coverage that all of our platforms provide and give both viewers and advertisers something unique to be part of and enjoy."

Click here for more information on how to find KARZ on your cable/satellite provider. Read more at arkansasmatters.com.

Offline Bacons Rebellion

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
I don't mind watching losses if they have aged a bit. I'm not yet in a mood to watch the 2011 Sugar Bowl, but I'm okay with watching the 1962 Sugar Bowl.

Online Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
I don't mind watching losses if they have aged a bit. I'm not yet in a mood to watch the 2011 Sugar Bowl, but I'm okay with watching the 1962 Sugar Bowl.

Watched it several times...........and we still drop the fricking ball.
Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
Ok fess up, whose getting ready to watch?

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Ok fess up, whose getting ready to watch?

I'm watching.  Surprised we don't have a game thread.

Can someone explain why we had that touchdown called back?

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
I'm watching.  Surprised we don't have a game thread.

Can someone explain why we had that touchdown called back?

Pass interference against Rees. Weak.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
How do you have offsides against the offense AND defense? Gave texASS another chance to get the 1st.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
Wouldn't you love to see this again?

Arkansas Defense leads nation with 6.8 points average per game.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
DVR alert! The 2003 Hogs @ Texas game will be on ESPN Classic at midnight. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »

If we didn't loose that won, I don't wanna watch.

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »
Wouldn't you love to see this again?

Arkansas Defense leads nation with 6.8 points average per game.

Coffey's defense was brilliant, except for 2 plays.  :-[

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »
I tried to watch a little of this '69 game...  but Jesus, football sucked back then.

Y'all enjoy.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
frick that, not watching a game i know we lose. frick them for starting with it
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
First time I've watched it and I really don't see how the frick we lost this game. We moved the ball at will the whole game and got 5 turnovers. WTF?

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »

:beer:

So, at midnight I'll be able to choose from Arkansas vs LSU baseball 2011 on ESPNU, and this game.   :borat:

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
First time I've watched it and I really don't see how the frick we lost this game. We moved the ball at will the whole game and got 5 turnovers. WTF?

Six.  Six fricking turnovers.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »

Didn't put 'em away when we had the chance.

It's almost like Nutt was coaching us that game.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 20 queries.